Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First year off topic 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

Moomin2008 wrote: »
    That's great just came to me this evening and had a slight panic attack

That's not to say you won't get asked like, I'd bring it along anyway to be sure. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Didn't get asked for my susi number, but bring all your documents that you got from susi grant.

Student cards can be used straight away

Also, go to sayit travel & get their student card, because its the only card you need to get a discount with boots pharmacy :rolleyes: I've tried to use my student card from the college of commerce & they wouldn't take it. Its 15€ but for that alone its totally worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I hear Cavan is worse than Donegal.

We shall need a boards code word of sorts on Thursday .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

AoifeFaa wrote: »
    I'm thursday too, We're going to miss the cookies :'( LISAA...leave some in a brown paper bag somewhere hidden around campus eh? ;)
    I'll take free food if it's going... or drink :pac:
    Yay medhead :P Donegal isn't too bad :P I liked it well enough the few times I was there...Once I got beyond the language barrier :P
    Just remember to bring your own chainsaw for the dissection! :D
    EoghanIRL wrote: »
    I hear Cavan is worse than Donegal.

We shall need a boards code word of sorts on Thursday .
    How about whistling la Marseillaise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 AoifeFaa

Saturday seems good :) Lisa said she'd be back by then didn't she? ...Hahaha, I can just imagine a few of us off our head whistling "AUX ARMES CITOYENS" like some sort of perverse mating call. Haha, I love it. Great idea. (youtube.com/watch?v=4K1q9Ntcr5g). Cookies for lunch on Thursday?

How will we know who is who on Thursday then :)
    I'm the outstandingly good looking one .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Been busy at registration and the whole party thing. You guys will love it! Won't be back until Sunday night :P

Been busy at registration and the whole party thing. You guys will love it! Won't be back until Sunday night :P

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Velvet Daffy

It should be a really random thing. Like "Do you hear the people sing" from les mis, or ask "What's the air speed velocity of a swallow" from monty python or something really random

• Advertisement

What's the story with the class party over orientation at 8pm?

Like, how much would you want to drink beforehand? :pac: Is it any good? And is it for everyone on your orientation day?

What's the story with the class party over orientation at 8pm?

Like, how much would you want to drink beforehand? :pac: Is it any good? And is it for everyone on your orientation day?

I didn't go but it was free pizza at the common house/room yokey followed by some pub.

I ended up with last nights freshers, after their class party their peer support guy takes them to the Rock which is a pub no id needed, then after that the Bailey which is a pub/club more clubby though and they ask for ID. After that I don't know what happens

I ended up with last nights freshers, after their class party their peer support guy takes them to the Rock which is a pub no id needed, then after that the Bailey which is a pub/club more clubby though and they ask for ID. After that I don't know what happens

Was it any good? :p

It was okay. I didn't like They Baileys music but that's just me

Right, how drunk was everyone at 8pm when they arrived? :o
    It was okay. I didn't like They Baileys music but that's just me
    Ah the Bailey is a sweatbox. You'd want to be fairly intoxicated it for it to be decent :pac:

• Advertisement

It wasn't my class. I turned up at 10 and they were there :P there were some far gone and others quite respectable

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Daithi MacG

I was there last night too. Bailey isn't my pub of choice but on a Monday it's pretty much the only place for 18's. As Daffy says, music isn't up to much, but it's grand like, could be worse. I'd say there'll be much more of a buzz in town on tuesday anyway and a few other places open so if your orientation was on today I'd advise going.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CB___

Will your student card be enough ID to get into the pubs/clubs? I've applied for a garda age card but it wont be ready for freshers week...

I'm not too sure. I didn't have my age card for last night so I used my passport. I hate using it though

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CB___

Oh right, might have to whip out the passport so! I also wouldnt be much of a drinker so it'll be a new experience for me :/

• Advertisement

CB___ wrote: »
    Oh right, might have to whip out the passport so! I also wouldnt be much of a drinker so it'll be a new experience for me :/

Nobody is forcing you to drink . Don't do it if you don't want to . I'm not much of a drinker either .

CB___ wrote: »

Don't drink if you don't want to. You don't even have to go out if you don't want but I'd say it's something everyone should try at least once, especially if you're not from Cork and going to UCC it's a good way to make new friends. Just relax and enjoy yourself if you do go out! And don't lose your passport...I take my driving licence usually, I don't have an age card. Usually student ID's aren't accepted unless they specify. Speaking of, is anyone going to the Bodega orientation party on Thursday? :)

On another note, anybody here doing Physics and Astrophysics?

If you don't want to drink you may want to avoid the Bailey...as already pointed out you kind of need to be intoxicated to enjoy it in any shape or form :P

If you don't want to drink you may want to avoid the Bailey...as already pointed out you kind of need to be intoxicated to enjoy it in any shape or form :P

Oh yeah because you are such a heavy drinker :P

Ah, well would ye say 5/6 cans would be reasonable for this 8PM party? I don't want to disgrace myself :o

Oh to b asked for ID again going into clubs. Fun times

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Oh yeah because you are such a heavy drinker :P

I never said I enjoyed it :P

On a serious note though, some places will ask for 2 sets of ID. This week in particular they're looking for a student card as the second form as this week is all college nights out. Reardons definitely ask, not 100% sure of others but there are others

I never said I enjoyed it :P

On a serious note though, some places will ask for 2 sets of ID. This week in particular they're looking for a student card as the second form as this week is all college nights out. Reardons definitely ask, not 100% sure of others but there are others

Will your college ID not do on its own? It has your DOB on it like.

Will your college ID not do on its own? It has your DOB on it like.

Nearly everywhere asks for a Garda I.D., i.e. Driving Licence, Passport or Age Card. Sometimes you'll get away with the Student I.D. but not always so it's best to bring something else with you. :)

Nearly everywhere asks for a Garda I.D., i.e. Driving Licence, Passport or Age Card. Sometimes you'll get away with the Student I.D. but not always so it's best to bring something else with you. :)

Feck sake, thought I didn't need to get an age card anymore with my student ID... :( :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

How did those who are doing arts get on today? I just had to go in for a hour. Calmed me down a bit :-):-)

Feck sake, thought I didn't need to get an age card anymore with my student ID... :( :rolleyes:

Well they're only a tenner anyway, and it's cheaper to replace than a student card if you lose it, so I'd say it'd be worth getting it done :)

Tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Has anybody had difficulty accessing their Umail account? When I log into into it says my email address is invalid and that I should try again later. :confused:
    Might email the student it services but I really don't want to annoy them, they're probably swarmed at the moment.

rorrissey wrote: »
    Has anybody had difficulty accessing their Umail account? When I log into into it says my email address is invalid and that I should try again later. :confused:
    Might email the student it services but I really don't want to annoy them, they're probably swarmed at the moment.

Asked that question yesterday & they said it should be up & running again by Friday, the college will continue to use your original email until the problem is fixed.

I'm trying to download the umail on to my phone but it ain't working for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Moomin2008

I had trouble last week and found the this helpful, google ucc umail login and click top link (sorry can't post links)
    If you have an iPhone you can also set it up to you mail app

How did everyone get on today? ....Don't think I saw anyone singing Les Mis, :P Everyone seems really nice xD

How did everyone get on today? ....Don't think I saw anyone singing Les Mis, :P Everyone seems really nice xD

You were in today? :O I thought everyone else was earlier? :/

Anyone heading to Town tonight? :) Bodega for me I think :)

• Advertisement

Anyone doing any of the workshop yokes on Saturday? Don't have a clue which ones are relevant tbh.

Anyone doing any of the workshop yokes on Saturday? Don't have a clue which ones are relevant tbh.

I'm going, it would have been nice if they actually listed out the workshops we picked, I can only remember choosing the first one :rolleyes: understanding the timetable

Note taking might be a handy one. & referencing is an important one. Might go for that, no harm in getting reacquainted

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    I'm going, it would have been nice if they actually listed out the workshops we picked, I can only remember choosing the first one :rolleyes: understanding the timetable

Note taking might be a handy one. & referencing is an important one. Might go for that, no harm in getting reacquainted

It said to take note of which ones you're going to on the booklet thing!!!! :p

I don't have a clue what I'll go to, maybe the lab work one, although computer science only involves work in the computer labs so I don't know if that's included in that workshop... :rolleyes:

Yeah I'll probably go to note taking as well, and maybe referencing.

It said to take note of which ones you're going to on the booklet thing!!!! :p

I don't have a clue what I'll go to, maybe the lab work one, although computer science only involves work in the computer labs so I don't know if that's included in that workshop... :rolleyes:

Yeah I'll probably go to note taking as well, and maybe referencing.

:o:o totally my bad on that one, because just saw the workshops and dived right in. doh. lol

Every time I see grays anatomy the book I think of the tv show and I don't even watch it :P

You were in today? :O I thought everyone else was earlier? :/

I guess it was a bit confusing for everyone :3....How was your night? How was everyones night :D Are ye around today. The timetable workshop should be good on Sat. Hah, I love Greys Anatomy..at least when you see the book. you'll think TV. Its alot more positive than thinking STUDY :S...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 Corkgirl95

maybe the lab work one, although computer science only involves work in the computer labs so I don't know if that's included in that workshop... :rolleyes:

I don't think Comp Sci labs are included. The girl doing that workshop gave us a talk at Orientation, and is a Chemistry Masters student. So I'd say it's mainly just about Bio/Chem/Phys labs tomorrow.

I can't make the workshops tomorrow, are there any on freshers week that I could take instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9 Corkgirl95

xLisaBx wrote: »
    I can't make the workshops tomorrow, are there any on freshers week that I could take instead?

There are Library Workshops at the Boole Library, running Monday to Thursday every week, up until 2nd October. :)

I guess it was a bit confusing for everyone :3....How was your night? How was everyones night :D Are ye around today. The timetable workshop should be good on Sat. Hah, I love Greys Anatomy..at least when you see the book. you'll think TV. Its alot more positive than thinking STUDY :S...

My night was ok, I was wrecked from the whole week so didn't stay out too long. Which ones are you doing tomorrow?

Does anyone know what the best deal is for a Bus Eireann travel pass thingy? The website is so confusing :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement