Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe parking

• 19-08-2014 9:39pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Can anybody recommend a safe parking spot in the city centre? Comparatively safe, even. I'll be stopping off to meet somebody, in the middle of a house move, so the car will have boxes left in it. It sounds risky, I know!

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The carpark on Anne's Street (off Thomas Street) is where I'd usually go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Daytime parking?

Duration?

Unfortunately this day and age, anything left in view in a car is enough to give licence to thieves too smash and grab.

I'd try and park on a busy street or opposite Henry St. garda station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Nowhere is safe these days, and that's not just in Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

If you are that concerned and will have items on view then it's worth paying for a car park.
    The one on Denmark St is grand.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I usually use the one on Anne street, mentioned above. If you are really concerned, throw a dark blanket or something over the boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Small car park on Thomas street would be safe - the one at the top of the street. I wouldnt leave my car on the street with any temptations inside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

I use Howleys Quay 5 days a week for work. Never had any problems.
    Def wouldn't park it on any street in the country with valuables in it like boxes etc.

Advertisement