Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue Tie and Lip Tie

Options
  • 19-08-2014 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭

Hi all,

My now 19 month old was diagnosed with tongue tie when he was newborn ( by phn not maternity hospital), we got referred to Temple st who did nothing. They said to keep an eye on his speech when he got older.

A friend of mine just told me about lip tie, as soon as she mentioned it I thought of my son and the gap between his front teeth. Checked him and he has lip tie. Rang phn who said to first go back to Temple street and if we get nowhere with that to go back to her.

Firstly has anyone else experienced this and what did they do? Secondly I'm just generally frustrated, no one ever mentioned the possibility of lip tie (apparently lip and tongue tie go hand in hand). I had awful trouble breastfeeding and had to pack it in after a few weeks. Do you need some sort of medical knowledge to have kids these days! If my son needs to get these snipped now I wonder will that mean general anaesthetic as opposed to if it was done when he was newborn.

Sorry for the ranty post, any input appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

We can't give medical advice, I'd contact Temple St first thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement