Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyrrellstown- Boulevard Eustace.What's it like?

Options
  • 20-08-2014 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all..Long time reader, first time poster..So bear with me..

We are considering a move to Boulevard Eustace in Tyrrellstown.
    Just looking for some recent feedback on the area as I can't find anything on the area from the last year or two.

Have 2 children already in school in Blanchardstown...But is there much by way of after school activities, sports clubs etc for them?

And can anyone tell me if the area I mentioned is predominantly non nationals or Irish? As I would like my children to integrate well with the neighbourhood children.

All advice welcome and appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

There's no such place, you probably mean Boulevard Mount Eustace.

And I suppose all kids in the area are the neighbourhood children, no matter their background.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I don't know specifics about mount eustace but tyrellstown in general:

Good quality brick buildings - no sound issues etc from neighbours.
    A lot of nice open green spaces.
    T'stown is a mix of nationalities, Irish and others. As a lot of places in Dublin/Ireland are these days.
    A nice village with good selection of food shopping - lidl/supervalu.
    Little bit off the beaten track - as in you could not walk to the (blanchardstown) towncentre (IMO). I think you'd need a car living in t'stown.

Are you from d15 originally?

It's actually not that bad a walk. Granted, I've only ever done it once or twice, but it doesn't take too long.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It's actually not that bad a walk. Granted, I've only ever done it once or twice, but it doesn't take too long.

Ah yes I agree, "technically" you could walk it.

But in this day and age can you see anyone doing it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

But you've also got the very regular 238 Bus stopping all along the Boulevard that goes to Blanchardstown shopping Centre.

Couple of playground areas for the kids, roads are generally very well maintained and clean & a reasonable selection of shops & utilities where you dont have to fight for parking:

GP
    Chemist
    Creche
    Hardware
    Barbers & Hairdressers
    Butchers
    Lidl / Supervalu
    Off Licence
    Pub
    Couple of restaurants & plenty of takeaways

I think tyrellstown has aged well. Much better then ongar for example.

I think this is down to the very good planting (big in volume) done at building stage - really helped with the maturing of the estate as a whole.

Also if you look at on gar it is mostly plastered/painted buildings. Tyrellstown has a lot more brick buildings which age better (look less scruffy than ongar)

Yes, agree on the planting, the hedging and tree around the boulevard look great I think. And at Christmas some people have started stringing lights from their house to the tree across from it on the other side of the footpath and cycle land.

Re the walk, the only people I see doing it are kids really, just throwing it out there that's it manageable in a fix really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

As mentioned earlier TTown has a lot to offer by way of facilities and you get a lot for your money if you buy or rent there. There are lots of schools and facilities in the area. Houses on the Boulevard mount Eustace are very well built, have good sized rooms and have reasonable gardens for new houses.

Advertisement