Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dermot & Dave on Today Fm

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Synode wrote: »
    Ha, your man's impressions are brutal

I thought his Wallberg one was good to be fair!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ha, your man's impressions are brutal

Glad someone else said it. I thought they were shockingly bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I like Dermot & Dave but 'Say Stuff That Suits the Music' needs to be taken out back and shot. One of the jingles is genuinely funny maybe once a month. Mostly I just sit there cringing in my chair at how awful it is. I wish they'd change their show up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I like Dermot & Dave but 'Say Stuff That Suits the Music' needs to be taken out back and shot. One of the jingles is genuinely funny maybe once a month. Mostly I just sit there cringing in my chair at how awful it is. I wish they'd change their show up a bit.

Gerrup outta that. Say Stuff is feckin gas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭patrickc

I used to love them on lunch, but they're gone to crap. Too much put on laughter and they're just not suited to that time. I'd much rather a magazine style show again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Never Say Never Again

People need to get over having a chat show mid-morning on a music station. The gerry ryan days are over.

How in the name of jaysus are these two on a national radio station?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭johnire

I do like the two of them but even I have to admit they are just not funny anymore.
    Moving to the 9-12 slot was a disaster. It’s the wrong time and too long for them to sustain what they do.
    Having listened to them since that came to Today FM at this stage their show is complete repetition. It’s boring beyond belief.
    It consists of latching on to some obscure survey,reading out what’s on the likes of Joe.ie and their favourite-flogging to death “Irishness”.
    How in the name of jaysus are these two on a national radio station?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

They should shift them back to lunchtime and have someone help them refresh the material for their show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

They should shift them back to lunchtime and have someone help them refresh the material for their show.

Their producer Maria is off now on maternity leave so that may help refresh things if they get a new senior producer

Enjoying today's show. Your man Ji was very relaxing. Say stuff was gas

Anyone listened back to Fridays show to hear the words for D is S? Didn't hear the word sung but it was guessed 3 times today

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Fordcspri23

Are they pulling each other tools off with their annoying laugh or are they just special.

Anyone listened back to Fridays show to hear the words for D is S? Didn't hear the word sung but it was guessed 3 times today

No chance to listen back, gotta assume it will be won soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

I believe its Disney

• Advertisement

I believe its Disney

So Disney Is S.......

• Subscribers Posts: 41,942 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

with the clue "youve got to be sound"... then i think the word is "sung"

sydthebeat wrote: »

Dove is Sung

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

sydthebeat wrote: »

I have to say I would have never got that. "Do(Doe) is Sung" The clue doesn't even make that much sense.

I'm outraged :D:D

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Rackard

Doe is Sung is the answer to Ah Sure Look it. :rolleyes:

Their quiz is THE worst item I've ever heard on radio. Completely ridiculous answers that no one would get in a million years yet somehow somebody always eventually does :rolleyes:

It's always a friend of a DJ/Producer in these competitions

• Advertisement

I know her boyfriend, i hope he gets half :P

h3000 wrote: »
    I have to say I would have never got that. "Do(Doe) is Sung" The clue doesn't even make that much sense.

I'm outraged :D:D

I wrote down dough by mistake which cost me. Damn that 10k would have been nice

I know her boyfriend, i hope he gets half :P

She better give half to the guy in work who did all the work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

What does 'doe is sung' even refer to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

siblers wrote: »
    What does 'doe is sung' even refer to?

Doe ray me fa so la ti

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Does anyone listen to these.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Does anyone listen to these.....

I imagine a few thousand do yeah.

That nonnie and Cardi B sketch was very very good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,552 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Managing to listen allot more lately. They're having a good run of it, generally easy to listen to and good banter. They do play their own songs to death though, they played that Fernando song 5 times one day a few weeks ago. The cardi b and nonie was gas though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Loughc wrote: »
    I imagine a few thousand do yeah.

Oh wow a few thousand.....

Thanks though for the reply!

I did use to listen but had to stop after the say stuff that suits the music....

• Advertisement

Oh wow a few thousand.....

Thanks though for the reply!

I did use to listen but had to stop after the say stuff that suits the music....

Soooo, after the very 1st show?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

The Cardi B and Noni sketch was excellent.

However, that one was all Pamela Joyce. I don't know I just think Dermot and Dave have got quite stale. I just find it hard to enjoy them a lot of the time. They needed Pamela to inject some life into the show in my opinion.

I'm not one to whinge about radio shows, but I used to love D + D especially on their 98 days. It seemed like they had much more of a free reign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Last post 2 years ago, wow. Thought Dave did well on his own Today. Bernard O'Shea was very funny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭De Bhál

enjoyable show but too much premier league chat, I'd have an interest myself in it but they talk about it way too much. That thing where one of them sing to the music wore thin a long time ago. Noni..rubbish.

I do enjoy the interviews and most of the chit chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Agree, Noni should be canned.

Still enjoy Say Stuff, one or two of the pieces always make me laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Say stuff is always funny. Do agree they should stop talking about the Premier League. Even worse that Dave is a United supporter.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It's rapidly becoming the "Dave talks about Man Utd" show. Beyond a joke at this stage. He did an interview with the commercial director of Brentford a couple of weeks ago, and managed to swing the conversation over the Man U at least twice. I do like None and Say Stuff, but going off the rest of it to be honest.

A good day to listen today - No Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Man United

Man United

Man United

Man United

Ole sacked

Man United

Man United

Ronaldo

and on and on for the whole day

• Advertisement

And again, and again, and again.....Alexa thinks I've got Tourette's I'm turning it off so often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I knew the minute Gary Barlow was mentioned that we'd get the "Dave, I like your trainers" spiel!

Advertisement