Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dermot & Dave on Today Fm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Aw, Dave's World is great! He nearly always has something interesting on it.

Miss the lads, hardly ever get to listen to them now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Daves laughing is so stupid. He's really not funny at all. Dermot is actually funny. But Dave is ****e.

Is that you Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭reg114

The lads are off again today .. were they not off for the midterm break having only started in September ? well for some!! :)

ffs Curtis then Cawley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Synode wrote: »
    I had to stop looking in that thread. They take moaning to a level I've never seen before. Unreadable

There's actually one poster who has over 300 posts about darcy....some chip to have on ones shoulder....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Daves laughing is so stupid. He's really not funny at all. Dermot is actually funny. But Dave is ****e.

Tbf, there wouldn't be a show without Dave, he's the one that pushes all the buttons, know how to keep the shows timing, keeps the segments moving along and hitting all the breaks, he chooses the playlist afaik, etc. He's a songwriter too, so I'd say he's primarily responsible for the jingles aswell.

The two boys are similar enough that they can work well together but different enough that the humour in the show isn't too samey imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Brendão wrote: »
    Tbf, there wouldn't be a show without Dave, he's the one that pushes all the buttons, know how to keep the shows timing, keeps the segments moving along and hitting all the breaks, he chooses the playlist afaik, etc. He's a songwriter too, so I'd say he's primarily responsible for the jingles aswell.

The two boys are similar enough that they can work well together but different enough that the humour in the show isn't too samey imo.

Yes there would. Doesn't take a genius to have someone press buttons.

And Dermot does say stuff, so he'd well be able make a funny jingle given a tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jesus Christ, their USA Soccer Guy type take off is absolutely horrendous

Go way outta that. Chug Stenson is hilarious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Go way outta that. Chug Stenson is hilarious

I like the segment but todays wasn't one of the better ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

I enjoy the show but I have to say the gingly bit is not good

Dave is shíte. Trying to be funny with his really exact estimates.

He's very anal but I think it's gas. The two of them are very different which gives them plenty of material

He's very anal but I think it's gas. The two of them are very different which gives them plenty of material

No one cares about his kids or what he buys.

And no one cares what you think either. Cest la vie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

And no one cares what you think either. Cest la vie

Sounds like the new Today FM slogan to me.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

gimmick wrote: »
    Jesus Christ, their USA Soccer Guy type take off is absolutely horrendous

USA Soccer Guy is a total rip off of Chug Stenson, except not as funny. Chug was around for a long time before that twitter account.

And then they try to give him a part of the show "Daves World" which is once again terrible. Say stuff is good, minus the laughter of Dave.
    Yes there would. Doesn't take a genius to have someone press buttons.

And Dermot does say stuff, so he'd well be able make a funny jingle given a tune.
    Dave is shíte. Trying to be funny with his really exact estimates.
    No one cares about his kids or what he buys.

Has Dave ever done anything to you? :confused::D

Brendão wrote: »
    Has Dave ever done anything to you? :confused::D

Well there's only two of them to discuss.

• Advertisement

Why so negative though?

Why so negative though?

Because he is annoying as hell. Dermot I like, he's funny.

Like when they do "Say Stuff" and you can hear Dave with his fake laugh in the background. What's that all about?

Maybe he thinks it's funny

Maybe he thinks it's funny

It's a fake laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

It's a fake laugh.

You know this how? It's the same laugh he has all through the rest of the week. Is his laugh ever genuine?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Moderator:

Enough is enough. If anyone posts the words "fake" and "laugh" with any proximity to one another in this thread, they will be thread-banned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I've only ever heard snippets of the show up until today. But I caught the entire thing (those subbed to the Anton thread will notice a pattern here... :P).

They're really good. Lots of fun, perfect for lunchtime IMO. I know Ray Foley doesn't particularly like them, but I honestly think the vibe of their shows is very similar. Just light hearted craic.

I'm also late to the "Say Stuff That Suits the Music" party, but that's f*cking genius. Today's Kerri Katona bit made me LOL.

Love the show. My wife and kids also love it. So many good features and the lads work really well together. The whole 'Dave is boring and has no friends' is gas. I love his Dave's World section. It's usually interesting and Dermot's able to get a laugh taking the piss. Also, the jingles they do during the show and the ones played advertising the show on other shows are gas. Kids love them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I like the music they play but switch off when they come back on.

it's only ok in my opinion. I like the US sports bit but cringe when they do the jingly bits, have yet to hear a funny one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

These guys are funny, the only thing I can listen to on Todayfm, along perhaps with the (always cheerful) lady that's on sometimes.

The evening goes downhill fast with the other guys whom can't string a sentence together without umms, ahhs and incomplete sentences. 2fm is largely unbearable, with very little tunage, luckily have x20 presets on dab and 100gb of audio :)

• Advertisement

My dislike of these guys increases daily. I do not find them even slightly funny. "Say Stuff That Suits The Music" being the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

I switch off Today FM at 12.00. I just can't listen to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭srfc d16

I think I have only heard the show once since moving to Today FM but I am a bit surprised with some of the views about them here as I enjoyed them on 98.
    Is there anybody who used to listen to them on 98 and now listens on today fm on this thread? If so has there been a change in style?

gimmick wrote: »
    My dislike of these guys increases daily. I do not find them even slightly funny. "Say Stuff That Suits The Music" being the worst.

ah here, Jingly Bits is the worst!!

srfc d16 wrote: »
    I think I have only heard the show once since moving to Today FM but I am a bit surprised with some of the views about them here as I enjoyed them on 98.
    Is there anybody who used to listen to them on 98 and now listens on today fm on this thread? If so has there been a change in style?

No change. They're still great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

No change. They're still great

Great show so far today even tho Dave is off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Dermo and Dave are great lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 emerfan

nc6000 wrote: »
    I switch off Today FM at 12.00. I just can't listen to them.

I do exactly the same, I find them painfully annoying. Totally disrupts my radio listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

There not on a par with King Foley yet but still very good shows with some funny features,

emerfan wrote: »
    I do exactly the same, I find them painfully annoying. Totally disrupts my radio listening.

Yup had to start doing the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

very funny "say stuff to suit the music" today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

One of the lads is out sick today (I Cant tell the difference between them).

So the show is now missing the 45 minutes of one of the lads laughing uncontrollably at something the other lad said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

Only a matter of time before they get canned from Today fm

The show is brutal. Cheese and cracker cheese and crackers...cringe!

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Ryaner179

Only a matter of time before they get canned from Today fm

The show is brutal. Cheese and cracker cheese and crackers...cringe!

They are up in the JNLR's so I doubt it. Im not suprised the boggers don't find them funny, all the seem to like is people doing crappy impressions or awful prank calls. Maybe they should start doing that to prove how good they are

Ryaner179 wrote: »
    They are up in the JNLR's so I doubt it. Im not suprised the boggers don't find them funny, all the seem to like is people doing crappy impressions or awful prank calls. Maybe they should start doing that to prove how good they are

What are you on about... boggers? Where are you getting this from?

where's Dermot from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

where's Dermot from?

He's from Limerick. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

LOL ..love the sarcasm. thats what i hate the most.....their impressions are f***in bruuuuutal.

Will be interesting to see the Q2 figures coming out. From where they were coming from an increase in 5000 listeners will probably guarantee their sacking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

That Toby Maguire impression from Say Stuff That Suits the Music makes me laugh every time. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    That Toby Maguire impression from Say Stuff That Suits the Music makes me laugh every time. :pac:
    The Matthew McConaughey one crack me up every time:D

Advertisement