Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shock sensor on exit/ entry

Options
  • 20-08-2014 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hello All,

Just wondering what the usual setup is & also what you think of the following. I'm setting up my system with an exit/entry on the front & back door. I'd also like these doors to be protected by a shock sensor.

Is it normal to wire the reeds on the two doors in series (so opening either door will activate an entry time) & have the shock sensors on separate zones? My concern is that closing/ opening a door will trip an alarm.
    Should I include the shock sensors on the doors as an exit/entry zone?

I'm using a Siemens panel.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Leo
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭kub

I usually loop the shock sensor with the contact and make them both an E/E zone.

You could wire them separately, program the contact as an EE zone and the sensor an alarm zone but make sure and program it as access.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭leo738

Thanks for the reply. I considered this but I believe this would generate a exit/ entry fault on an attempted break in, leading to confusion for the user.

Regards,

Leo

leo738 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I considered this but I believe this would generate a exit/ entry fault on an attempted break in, leading to confusion for the user.

Regards,

Leo

I have been doing it this for years and have had no issues once you double check the force of the letter box, I wouldn't do it on a door with an old fashioned knocker.
    I also fit a PIR in the hallway just beyond the access route to the keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

Jumping on the bandwagon here... I've been thinking of doing that myself but was wondering would the continuous banging of the doors damage the shock sensor head?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ShanE90

Jumping on the bandwagon here... I've been thinking of doing that myself but was wondering would the continuous banging of the doors damage the shock sensor head?

• Advertisement

ShanE90 wrote: »

That is a good question, usually after a few years the first sensors to go faulty are the ones on doors, so you are correct.

Advertisement