Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Lakes 10K 06/09/2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

+1 to the sentiments expressed here. A brilliant race and a great course. Tough in parts and very fast in others. I never care about goody bags or t shirts but for the record both were outstanding. It's already in the calendar for next year for another pb hopefully. Great muffins!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Loved the race but hated my performance! Superbly well organised. Flawless.

The course? A very fair course with a testing climb (6k?) but with a very fast finish.

Already looking forward to next years race and more importantly, the muffins :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chrissymc

Race was well organised, the Samba band was great , goodie bag best ever, hill !!!! worst ever with mocking notices!! enjoyed it anyway, i will be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chrissymc

Any photos up anywhere of the race?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Fiona44

One of my favorite races of the year!

It's a challenging but fast & course.
    The hill comes late enough in the race that you can just about hang on after it for the last 2k!

Goody bag is great. Muffins & fruit at the finish line. Water bottles at water stations.
    Plenty of toilets, changing facilities, parking close by. No queues for bag drop.
    Samba band really add to the atmosphere.
    Walking to the start line behind your expected finishing time sign is a great idea and everyone seemed to line up properly with very little congestion over the first few kms.

Big PB for me - just missed out on sub 45!

Overall great race and brilliant organisation.
    Well done Lakeshore Striders!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

chrissymc wrote: »
    Any photos up anywhere of the race?

Some up on Facebook page. More to follow when we get them.

Advertisement