Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks in Mcdonagh junction

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

yeahh, over expensive even more high calorie drinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Giant multi national! Yay!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Don't see the fascination myself, but good look to them. Hopefully they will do well and it will be good for Mcdonagh Junction.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

hipster posters who only frequent shops that you probably haven't heard of and dislike giant multi nationals - Yay!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

YES €7 for coffee . cant wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

miece16 wrote: »
    YES €7 for coffee . cant wait

They don't charge €7 for coffee :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

thelad95 wrote: »
    They don't charge €7 for coffee :)

E6.99 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Boots also supposed to be opening a new store there. Hope their High St. store stays put.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭redtelephone

road_high wrote: »
    Boots also supposed to be opening a new store there. Hope their High St. store stays put.

Holland & Barrett opening in McDonagh as well. Celtic Tiger coming back?:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

hipster posters who only frequent shops that you probably haven't heard of and dislike giant multi nationals - Yay!!!

Holly crap, I'm a hipster?
    :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

I like Starbucks & think they'll do well in McDonagh. However they're moving into where BB Muffins is now & wouldn't employ the BB's staff as they're not trained up to their barista standard or whatever, so unfortunately the BBs staff have lost their jobs.

Boots is moving into where Pamela Scotts used to be, while Pamela Scotts has already moved into the old A-Wear unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

So is BBs going then??

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

It is, think it's going next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ah no, I love their hot chocolate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

LadyBetty wrote: »

It'll be gone by end of the week. Mcdonagh kicked them out for starbucks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

While on the subject, where are some good places to grab a good coffee? Moving to Kilkenny city soon and I'm interested to know does anywhere roast their own in the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

the Gourmet store on high street does a nice coffee - don't think they roast their own though...one of the stalls in the farmers market on Thursdays does though...so I heard....haven't been there though

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I drink a lot of coffee but would NOT call myself a connoisseur. But I did have a coffee in Mugshot lately and thought it was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

LadyBetty wrote: »

That's a shame. Thye are not open long? Even the cost of fitting out the shop originally, doubt they'd recoup that even in such a short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

Rantan wrote: »
    the Gourmet store on high street does a nice coffee - don't think they roast their own though...one of the stalls in the farmers market on Thursdays does though...so I heard....haven't been there though

Where does the Farmer's Market be on Thursdays?

And does there be much at it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

dorgasm wrote: »
    While on the subject, where are some good places to grab a good coffee? Moving to Kilkenny city soon and I'm interested to know does anywhere roast their own in the city?

Cafe le coco have nice strong coffee, best in the city or very close to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Does the 6.99 for coffee include the parking charge? I am sure we don't pay that much at Kildare Village.
    Even M&S do not charge that much, perhaps it is for two coffee's?
    Get a Nespresso machine and you can have a really decent coffee anytime.
    Foxy the Coffee lover

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Does the 6.99 for coffee include the parking charge? I am sure we don't pay that much at Kildare Village.
    Even M&S do not charge that much, perhaps it is for two coffee's?
    Get a Nespresso machine and you can have a really decent coffee anytime.
    Foxy the Coffee lover

Whoever said 6.99 was saying it tongue in cheek. Typically you'll pay between €2-4 depending on the type and size of the drink you get. Expensive granted but their iced coffees make quite the nice treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

Where does the Farmer's Market be on Thursdays?

And does there be much at it?

the famer's market does be on the parade every thursday

there be much fair rare fayre there, fair share quare though if you're not really into the whole vibe of the thing.. ....

peter the pie mans pies are pretty dacent..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Kilkenny, and Carlow for that matter, are seriously lacking a decent café. Moved down from Dublin recently and it's awash with nice cafés with great baristas etc, but nothing like that, that I can see, in KK or CW.

Is there a hidden gem I'm missing?

brianblaze wrote: »
    Kilkenny, and Carlow for that matter, are seriously lacking a decent café. Moved down from Dublin recently and it's awash with nice cafés with great baristas etc, but nothing like that, that I can see, in KK or CW.

Is there a hidden gem I'm missing?

Look at my above post!!!👀

pegasus1 wrote: »
    Look at my above post!!!👀

I've been, not impressed.

I've been, not impressed.

What are you looking for in a cafe if coco wont do?:confused:

I'm going to sound like an awful toff, but somewhere that doesn't use Lavazza beans would be a start. Can't stand their coffee.

Don't get me wrong, place looks lovely, but I'm not mad about the coffee

• Advertisement

I'm going to sound like an awful toff, but somewhere that doesn't use Lavazza beans would be a start. Can't stand their coffee.

Don't get me wrong, place looks lovely, but I'm not mad about the coffee

There is also another east euopean? cafe at the end of St. Kierans st. Opposite a booking shop not far from kyteler's..nice coffee and nice crepes.

There are places that use illy coffee..zuni i think

Check out the pembroke...nice coffee there and cheap...

Advertisement