Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks in Mcdonagh junction

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Tea rooms or Matthews are on Kiernan st

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I drink a *lot* of coffee and for take aways my favourite by far is Fresh on high street. its decent value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Rantan wrote: »
    the famer's market does be on the parade every thursday

there be much fair rare fayre there, fair share quare though if you're not really into the whole vibe of the thing.. ....

peter the pie mans pies are pretty dacent..

Caca milis stall, yum yum. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Don't get the fascination with starbucks at all in the center at all the coffee is horribly bland , this coming from a regular visitor down from Dublin ,
    I'd rather see some decent independent coffee shops/ Cafes in and around the city

God forbid there's one every 5 minutes walk like up here

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I think Starbucks somewhere like McDonagh Junction is great, it's in a nice spacious food court with other similar coffee outfits, perfect for a shopping centre.

As for the city centre, there are so many nice, unique coffee shops in Kilkenny, we're kind of spoiled for choice. I would much prefer see these thriving on our city streets than a Starbucks coming in and hoovering up the custom. I hope that people continue to support our local coffee shop and cafe's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

McDonagh Junction could really do with another coffee shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭earlytobed

God be with the days when Maxwell House was the height of sophisication:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

What is wrong with Maxwell House? We drink it and enjoy, opkay we also use Nesspresso which will out do any coffee shop, buy a packet of the coffee biscuits and you have saved what is it 6euro, plus parking fee of course and the petrol to get there in the first place.
    Don't forget the frothy bit on top, Foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Everyone needs to go to 3FE in Dublin... Or Bear Market... Really sours you on bad coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

What is wrong with Maxwell House? We drink it and enjoy, opkay we also use Nesspresso which will out do any coffee shop, buy a packet of the coffee biscuits and you have saved what is it 6euro, plus parking fee of course and the petrol to get there in the first place.

Or else buy an Aeropress and freshly roasted coffee. Cheap, clean and for the little effort required, makes an incredibly good cup. Better than the Nespresso too IMO, albeit a bit more work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Cappuccino for €2 from McDonalds is the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Rantan

Fox...I had really begun to see the other more rational, enlightened and open minded side to you in your earnest contributions to the CAS debate on the other channel..but you have really let me down with this comment..!!

Maxwelll house is the divils P&&s if you ask me...it doesn't even taste like coffee..I reckon its what they sweep off the floor in coffee roasting houses...:P

I got to admit you are right, we are sort of coffee fanatics believe it or not,
    M&S Clonmel, and Mr Dawes in Kilkenny, in general the standard of coffee leaves much to be desired.
    However I have to be careful as I have sort of slipped off of the thread and could be "Modified".
    But thank you Foxy under cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

These days I just come here to see what Foxy will say next.

Keep them coming Foxy!

I was trying to be down to earth, as I oft wander in some of my posts, rather like this one where we got to Maxwell House and Nesspro which is perhaps a little too far from the original post.
    I apologise unreservedly as I never wish to upset poster's.
    So Starbucks is only another name in the coffee game, though my visits are not frequent to Mcdonough when I make it, we always stop for coffee at one of the establishments, cannot say it has been memorable at any of them.
    Perhaps Starbucks will bring a new level of enjoyment, though having been to the branch in Kildare Village we found it okay as such.
    Now if someone mentioned tea that is another story, very few establishments produce a cup worthy of mention, perhaps another thread guys.
    Caffeine Foxy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Bb's in mahon point in cork is going or gone at this stage too...and starbucks opening up in its place!
    There is also the new starbucks not far from it too...on the entrance to the carpark there...
    I wonder is Bb's gone entirely countrywide?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

pegasus1 wrote: »
    Bb's in mahon point in cork is going or gone at this stage too...and starbucks opening up in its place!
    There is also the new starbucks not far from it too...on the entrance to the carpark there...

I can't imagine that is true as they tried to get the manager of the one in KKto work in the one in cork. Can't imagine they'd offer someone a job for a few weeks

I can't imagine that is true as they tried to get the manager of the one in KKto work in the one in cork. Can't imagine they'd offer someone a job for a few weeks

Its true! In so far from people in starbucks cork told us, they said that starbucks keeps things quiet till the very end..we will see in a few months...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

It seems they are finally extending outside Dublin and targetting regional shopping centres like Marshes SC in Dundalk, Mahon Point SC and McDonagh.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,555 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

pegasus1 wrote: »

BB's in Manon has only refubishement there premises in Manon this year. I don't they have any plans on closing any time soon.

• Advertisement

I was telling my old gran about Starbucks, and she told me that when she was younger the only coffee they could buy was Camp, which was a liquid.
    Any way a little while back she went into one of these small niche grocers and asked the old gent behind the counter if he had Camp, he took she asked him if he was Camp, he came round the counter and told her he didn't need her sort in his shop.
    She drinks Lyons Gold Blend Tea that way she cannot get into trouble.

BB's in Manon has only refubishement there premises in Manon this year. I don't they have any plans on closing any time soon.

Bb's that was in mcdonagh was refurbished seat wise, a short time ago too if i'm not mistaken..go figure..!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

There are 37 (yes 37) Starbucks in Dublin...now Kilkenny can feel a little more special....like Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

pueblo wrote: »
    There are 37 (yes 37) Starbucks in Dublin...now Kilkenny can feel a little more special....like Dublin...

Yeah but we don't have the authentic dublin cry of "awwwww bud give us 2 euro so I can get a coffee buuuuuuuddddd"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Yeah but we don't have the authentic dublin cry of "awwwww bud give us 2 euro so I can get a coffee buuuuuuuddddd"

Just come over the border to ScallionLand for that experience!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

On reflection, I feel this is just a stepping stone to the High Street for Starbucks. As foxy said, the food court in McDonagh is extremely poor and doesn't offer much choice as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

Any word on an opening date?

Any word on an opening date?

21st of this month!! :)

Slight correction...opening 11am on wednesday the 22nd..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭500sel

Their bacon bap butties are the biz and while a think all coffee in a paper cup is crap, theirs is not too bad.

Advertisement