Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cash register app

Options
  • 20-08-2014 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Had anyone ever used a cash reg app? I have seen a few online but none I see on iTunes were reviewed!!

Would he looking for one to cover sales, calculate taxes,profits and maybe stock control.

Has anyone any advice or experience with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭robodonkey

Look up Clover by FirstData, a new App based station that does the whole thing: Stock/Analytics/Customer Reward and Loyalty programs etc etc Not sure who sell 'em in Ireland but they are on sale here!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭andy t

i see a few out there ,,,

be good to know whats the best one to use

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

robodonkey wrote: »
    Look up Clover by FirstData, a new App based station that does the whole thing: Stock/Analytics/Customer Reward and Loyalty programs etc etc Not sure who sell 'em in Ireland but they are on sale here!

Cheers for that! However I was looking for an app I could run on an iPad I stead of buying a whole physical POS system.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

google " ipad cash control" and its the second or third link. Have seen it in a restuarant / food service setting only though.

Hope this helps

Westy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Bear market coffee in blackrock are using one too. Maybe pop in and aka em?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Genghis

Hi there,

I have done quite a bit of research here. There are a growing number of these solutions, mainly software providers who advise you to buy certain off the shelf hardware (snart device, printer, cash drawer, scanner, etc), or who package certain products off the shelf for optional suppy to you. All solutions will have a monthly fee for support, licencing, etc, unless you are a very small operator. I work with one of the solutions below, would be happy to help you further if you drop me a PM.

VendHQ - large multinational based in Canada. Big customer base, many sites in Ireland, can work on iOS or PC (not android). Software priced according to business side (no. products, employees, etc) www.vendhq.com
    AiPOS - NI based company, similar to Vend, but closer for support etc. Available iOS, Android, Windows. Offer some hardware packages, or you can source your own. Some Irish customers on their website for reference. www.airpointofsale.com
    Clover - as mentioned above, all in one solution. Fast growing US company now in EU, Custom built kit, fully cloud based, is the only one that gives integrated card payments. www.eu.clover.com
    Cluey Dublin based, aimed at hospitality, bars, cafes, restaurants. Good presence here, works on ios hardware mainly, also available for PC. Make good use of the cloud. www.cluey.com
    Lightspeed - not 100% sure on Irish availability, but known internationally as good solution for iOS products. Tends to appeal to larger retail than SME.
    Orderbird - German company, starting to offer in Ireland / UK. Strong solution for hospitality, limited for other sectors. They can supply hardware, or you can source your own. ios Only www.orderbird.com

There are some other solutions out there, the above are probably the closest to what you were asking about.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

What about amazons new pos offering ?

Advertisement