Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Script - Dublin Castle - 13th September

Options
  • 20-08-2014 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭

Has just been announced. There is a presale tomorrow morning and tickets go on public sale Friday morning.

Any idea how to get the presale tickets?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

That's interesting. They haven't had a gig in Dublin Castle for a few years now IIRC. I remember a lot of people complaining about the sound with the cobblestones on the ground and stone walls all around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

How many people does Dublin Castle hold?

Seems strange for a band that sold out 3 nights in the O2 & then Aviva stadium just six months later to downsize.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

OU812 wrote: »
    How many people does Dublin Castle hold?

Seems strange for a band that sold out 3 nights in the O2 & then Aviva stadium just six months later to downsize.

This is basically just an album test, testing of what tracks off the new album will work in a live show. They will bang through most of the new album and gauge reaction. Most bands do this.

Expect an arena tour, including 3-4 nights at the O2 next Spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

€50 a ticket seems a bit high for an album test, they were around €35 last time. They're also doing dates in the UK, so it's a big test. I think they could have done a couple of nights in the O2 & still had a decent test of reaction to new songs. Their fans are pretty solid & will buy the album no matter how it sounds.

OU812 wrote: »
    €50 a ticket seems a bit high for an album test, they were around €35 last time. They're also doing dates in the UK, so it's a big test. I think they could have done a couple of nights in the O2 & still had a decent test of reaction to new songs. Their fans are pretty solid & will buy the album no matter how it sounds.

They have one Uk date which is Albert Hall
    Manchester which holds 2,000. Also playing small venue in Germany and
    Holland. Obviously an album test needs to be across a few countries as different
    tastes arise.

The stereophonics played the Olympia 8 months before they played the O2 last
    year. I was at both, the Olympia gig was 80% New material and 20% classics. The O2 gig was 30% New and 70% classics.
    It's how they decide what new tracks to build into the large tours and festival circuits.

As for price and venue selection:

1). Ireland is always expensive price wise for gigs

2). The Dublin Castle gig will need a lot of
    preparation in terms of stage building, lighting, bars, toilets, fencing, licence
    costs, clean up costs and rental fee to Dublin Castle etc etc so this gig will cost alot more to stage than the O2 which is a "ready to go, purpose built venue".

3). Ant and Dec Saturday Night takeaway
    is on at the O2 the same night.

4). It's basically a gig to build up hype around the new album (launched the day before in Ireland) and it allows them to play around with the set list before they decide on a final version for the Arena and Festival tour in 2015.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭BangBeater

They have one Uk date which is Albert Hall
    Manchester which holds 2,000. Also playing small venue in Germany and
    Holland. Obviously an album test needs to be across a few countries as different
    tastes arise.

The stereophonics played the Olympia 8 months before they played the O2 last
    year. I was at both, the Olympia gig was 80% New material and 20% classics. The O2 gig was 30% New and 70% classics.
    It's how they decide what new tracks to build into the large tours and festival circuits.

As for price and venue selection:

1). Ireland is always expensive price wise for gigs

2). The Dublin Castle gig will need a lot of
    preparation in terms of stage building, lighting, bars, toilets, fencing, licence
    costs, clean up costs and rental fee to Dublin Castle etc etc so this gig will cost alot more to stage than the O2 which is a "ready to go, purpose built venue".

3). Ant and Dec Saturday Night takeaway
    is on at the O2 the same night.

4). It's basically a gig to build up hype around the new album (launched the day before in Ireland) and it allows them to play around with the set list before they decide on a final version for the Arena and Festival tour in 2015.

Now that's an answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,613 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How many can the castle hold for a gig like this?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    How many can the castle hold for a gig like this?

At a complete guess, I'm assuming the set up will be something similar in set up and size to Belsonic in Belfast (similar courtyard type venue). Capacity at those gigs is approx 5,000-5,500.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭tigerlily01

How do you get the presale password ? Im signed up to their newsletter but got no presale password . Ticket master said yesterday that the bank would send out an email to people on their database ... but I got nothing .... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I assume this will be an outdoor gig? Will there be seating tickets or just standing?

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    I assume this will be an outdoor gig? Will there be seating tickets or just standing?

Outdoor gig. General admission tickets so I'm assuming all standing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 fuhfuh22

my ticket says Ga1 but seats 79 80??

fuhfuh22 wrote: »
    my ticket says Ga1 but seats 79 80??

That's purely for administrative purposes to keep track of tickets sold. It will be general admission, all standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gaeilge

I logged in at 9.05 this morning, and all sold out for Dublin Castle. Doe sanyone have any ideas on where I can get a pair of tickets? Probably not but just checking on the off chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

Gates at 7pm, any idea what time they'd be on stage? Any supporting act?

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Walking on cars are the support act for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Cookie89

Any ideas of times for this concert yet? The tickets just say 19:00, I assuming this is when gates open?
    Thanks

Cookie89 wrote: »
    Any ideas of times for this concert yet? The tickets just say 19:00, I assuming this is when gates open?
    Thanks

At a guess:

7.00pm - Gates

7.30pm/7.45pm - Walking on Cars

8.45pm/9.00pm- The Script

Finish up around 10.30pm with everyone cleared out by 11pm

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

An hour and a half set? Will there be time for them to play all of their song?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

Anywhere close by for a few pints? Doing a half marathon in the morning so I'll have a thirst on me. What's dame quarter like? Not interested in temple bar

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

webpal wrote: »
    Anywhere close by for a few pints? Doing a half marathon in the morning so I'll have a thirst on me. What's dame quarter like? Not interested in temple bar

Try the Mercantile/Sweeneys/The Globe

Advertisement