Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfinished house with planning based on false claim

Options
  • 20-08-2014 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, there is an house on a scenic country road that has been started about 10 years ago but never finished. When I looked at the planning permission there was a false claim made that the building developer was related to the farmer that owned the surrounding land, permission for planning was grated on this basis with the clause that the builder has to live there for 7 years. Its for sale now for a couple of years. Extensions of duration were granted by the planners so the planning hasn't expired.

Its a eyesore, I'd like to see finished or knocked... do you think its worth making a complaint to the council ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭RITwing

Our landscape is typically blighted like so - by completed houses so nothing unique in what you post.
    I think you risk making enemies for very little satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Frankly, no I don't think you should. It is a very, very long road that has no turn, as they say............enforcement is the job of the authorities, not yours.

What next - you'll be looking at the windscreens of your neighbours cars to check for tax & NCT as well ??

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 connaught__

yea, i think i'll cause trouble raising with council but am sickened that the builder got away with this and others who do things by the book have so much hassle getting planning.

i'd see this as a fault of the planners for accepting the false claim and am still curious to see what wold happen if i did raise as a complaint

Presumably the most likely way for it to be finished is if it is sold?
    A complaint isn't going to help that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭RITwing

No one stops building flippantly , only if they run into some dificulty.Complaining is not likely to solve their problems only add to them.
    Wish them well , send out some good kharma and who knows you may soon be happy to see the house completed.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,487 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hi, there is an house on a scenic country road that has been started about 10 years ago but never finished. When I looked at the planning permission there was a false claim made that the building developer was related to the farmer that owned the surrounding land, permission for planning was grated on this basis with the clause that the builder has to live there for 7 years. Its for sale now for a couple of years. Extensions of duration were granted by the planners so the planning hasn't expired.

Its a eyesore, I'd like to see finished or knocked... do you think its worth making a complaint to the council ?

your opportunity to object was 10 years ago... this boat has sailed.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Tefral

yea, i think i'll cause trouble raising with council but am sickened that the builder got away with this and others who do things by the book have so much hassle getting planning.

i'd see this as a fault of the planners for accepting the false claim and am still curious to see what wold happen if i did raise as a complaint

The council reverse these occupancy clauses once a bank becomes mortgagee in possession, usually in the case of the builder going bankrupt and the bank repossessing everything. They can sell these houses then without fear of the council coming after them or the new owners who finish them off.

Advertisement