Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Spent the whole day yesterday without reception around house and town. Patchy again today as well.. girlfriend on same network unaffected.

Anyone else having network issues since upgrading?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

COS 13, Android 6.0.1, .zip and .IMG files now available from Cyanogen.

https://cyngn.com/support

Wotzgoingon, thanks for the link I've been waiting for this.

So I'm on 12.1-YOG4PAS3JL and rooted with TWRP Version 2.8.7.0.

I assume updating to COS 13 is a full old fashioned wipe? Would you mind summarising the steps I need to follow to upgrade to COS 13? It's so long since I flashed a ROM I've forgotten the steps :o I'm not too worried about being rooted going forward.

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Hi Je_suis_Jean.

Do you want to keep your custom recovery? Easiest thing to do would be to wait until the full zip of COS 13 is available. When that is out use an app called Flashify to update TWRP to the latest version (https://twrp.me/). Then flash COS 13 zip via TWRP and wipe cach/Dalvik.

Forgot Metalpanic already gave me a steer on this. So I've updated TWRP to 3.0.2-0 and was about to download and flash the COS 13 zip file from https://cyngn.com/support but I see there are two versions of the zip file, one is bacon-signed and one is bacon-signed-fastboot. Which is the correct one to go with? also, do I need to do anything with the img file or is that for flashing COS 13 in a different manner?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

Forgot Metalpanic already gave me a steer on this. So I've updated TWRP to 3.0.2-0 and was about to download and flash the COS 13 zip file from https://cyngn.com/support but I see there are two versions of the zip file, one is bacon-signed and one is bacon-signed-fastboot. Which is the correct one to go with? also, do I need to do anything with the img file or is that for flashing COS 13 in a different manner?

Hi Je_suis_Jean,

You need the cm-13.0-ZNH0EAS2JK-bacon-signed.zip file. Not the fastboot version.

I've been keeping an eye on the OnePlus forum as people upgrade. There have been a few people with issues, as there always are! From what I've read the following is the best method.

-Back up using TWRP
    -Flash zip file
    -Wipe cache
    -DO NOT root when prompted
    -Reboot

To root
    -Download Super User 2.67
    -Reboot to TWRP and flash SU 2.67
    -Again you will be prompted by TWRP to root (dunno why!) DO NOT
    -Reboot

I am just about to do this, I'll get back with an update when it is done.

^^^^ Thanks, I'm waiting expectantly for your update!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Updated OTA a few days ago, no real issues, the auto unlock when you put in the code has been removed for security reasons which is a pain in the arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

just had a mad experience, never happened before.

Total battery drain in about 6 hours, and the phone is really hot.

^^^^ Thanks, I'm waiting expectantly for your update!!

Yeah.... That's not working....

I think this will be more complicated if you are on the CM13 snapshots. Might have to do a full wipe before I can flash COS 13. Back to google!

just had a mad experience, never happened before.

Total battery drain in about 6 hours, and the phone is really hot.

Are you on COS 13?

Yeah.... That's not working....

I think this will be more complicated if you are on the CM13 snapshots. Might have to do a full wipe before I can flash COS 13. Back to google!

And here I am with my TWRP backup underway and ready to download and install COS 13 :(

I learned on old Samsung S2's that jumping in to flash a new ROM without being 100% certain the ROM and/or flashing process will work can have a very frustrating outcome.

I think I'll wait until you have nailed it before I do anything.

• Advertisement

And here I am with my TWRP backup underway and ready to download and install COS 13 :(

I learned on old Samsung S2's that jumping in to flash a new ROM without being 100% certain the ROM and/or flashing process will work can have a very frustrating outcome.

I think I'll wait until you have nailed it before I do anything.

:D no harm having the backup and you might need it!

Ok so you can't dirty flash over the snapshot. You have wipe unfortunately, so to amend my earlier instructions;

-DL zip of COS 13 and SU 2.67
    -Boot to TWRP
    -Wipe
    -Advanced wipe (check everything except internal data)
    -Install (flash COS 13 zip)
    -Reboot

I then went through the normal start up on new software, logging in, apps updating etc. Enabled developer options and turned update Cyanogen recovery off. Also turned on power button menu, handy for all the reboots to recovery.

To regain Root

-Reboot to TWRP
    -Install SU 2.67
    -Reboot

Software installed but my apps are not working. So currently still trying to fix that.

^^^ You're frightening me!!! To enable apps do you not just need to update Google Play Services and reboot?

^^^ You're frightening me!!! To enable apps do you not just need to update Google Play Services and reboot?

Yeah I thought the same but it didn't work. I was told by a more experienced OS flasher that it is probably the app permissions are turned off. Only problem is I can't get into the app menu in settings. Sigh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Are you on COS 13?

yeah, have been since last week, but this only happened today

yeah, have been since last week, but this only happened today

Try here, there are some tips and fixes for it.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/cos-13-0-battery-life-discussion-thread.441188/page-2#post-14725158

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

I am on COS13 and I can't hide sensitive information from different apps when the screen is locked, now anybody can read my the beginning of my emails when my screen is locked, I only want to have a notification that an email has been received without showing its content, any help plz. The app is called MyMail. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

OK guys which update are you guys having problems with. My phone says the update is available but I'm reluctant to let it install judging by comments here. Is the OTA update safe and you guys are flashing custom ones with problems or should I just leave it the way it is

alwald wrote: »
    I am on COS13 and I can't hide sensitive information from different apps when the screen is locked, now anybody can read my the beginning of my emails when my screen is locked, I only want to have a notification that an email has been received without showing its content, any help plz. The app is called MyMail. Thanks.

You can fix that in settings>notifications on the when the device is locked pane select hide sensitive information.

Slunk wrote: »
    OK guys which update are you guys having problems with. My phone says the update is available but I'm reluctant to let it install judging by comments here. Is the OTA update safe and you guys are flashing custom ones with problems or should I just leave it the way it is

Hi Slunk,

Are you on stock software? Not rooted or running a custom recovery? If so I'd recommend the OTA, I did it on my wife's phone and it has been OK. She has occasional trouble with Facebook and GPS but nothing too bad.

Hi Je_suis_Jean, I'm up and running again. I had to do a full wipe and reinstall the COS13 zip. Set up the phone from scratch and download apps from the play store rather than my TWRP backup. Everything seems to be fine now. Just a pain downloading everything again obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Hi Slunk,

Are you on stock software? Not rooted or running a custom recovery? If so I'd recommend the OTA, I did it on my wife's phone and it has been OK. She has occasional trouble with Facebook and GPS but nothing too bad.

Yes stock phone, not rooted or anything. On 12.1.1 at the moment. I'll let it install so unless anyone else has advise otherwise?
    Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Won't charge with anything and battery life is piss.

Any Ideas?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Won't charge with anything and battery life is piss.

Any Ideas?

Your phone won't charge at all? With the plug and cable provided? Did you try a different cable? If so, could be a hardware problem.

Your phone won't charge at all? With the plug and cable provided? Did you try a different cable? If so, could be a hardware problem.

Wont charge while powered on, will slowly lose battery (Slightly slower than if plugged out) When powered off it will very slowly charge, takes 7 hours from 0-100% overnight. Have tried over 5 power leads and several outlets.

Battery used to only last from 8am-3pm (7hours) with the phone on airplane mode for 5 of those hours. If wifi is on, it'll die in 3 hours.

Recalibrated the battery last night and battery life has improved, still poor. Refuses to charge at any sensible rate though and it's doing my head in. It doesn't seem to be a broken charging port as it charges upon plugging without issue, except it's incredibly sloe.

Wont charge while powered on, will slowly lose battery (Slightly slower than if plugged out) When powered off it will very slowly charge, takes 7 hours from 0-100% overnight. Have tried over 5 power leads and several outlets.

Battery used to only last from 8am-3pm (7hours) with the phone on airplane mode for 5 of those hours. If wifi is on, it'll die in 3 hours.

Recalibrated the battery last night and battery life has improved, still poor. Refuses to charge at any sensible rate though and it's doing my head in. It doesn't seem to be a broken charging port as it charges upon plugging without issue, except it's incredibly sloe.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/cos-13-0-battery-life-discussion-thread.441188/

There's a discussion about it here. Most people seem to have trouble from dirty flashing ROMs. They suggest wiping cache/dalvik or wiping the cache of the apps draining the battery the most.

I remember there being a problem with WiFi scanning draining batteries before. You can disable that and see if it improves?

Best fix is usually a wipe and clean install though.

Any ideas about the phone refusing to charge efficiently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

Any ideas about the phone refusing to charge efficiently?

I had issues recently (on 12.1) with massive battery drain(3 hours from 100%) and slow (8 hour +) charging.

For me the issue turned out to be wakelocks and some issues with my google accounts.

I was getting multiple notifications for everything.

As it was Android System, and Google apps that seemed to be causing the problem I deleted all data for Android System, Google App, Calendar, Gmail, Sheets etc.

That completely changed the phone and battery was back like new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Currently stuck with 3g after the update to CM13. Will manually flashing CM13 solve this issue does anyone know? Chinese model OnePlus One.

Edit: 5000 post. Woo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

dubmess wrote: »
    I had issues recently (on 12.1) with massive battery drain(3 hours from 100%) and slow (8 hour +) charging.

For me the issue turned out to be wakelocks and some issues with my google accounts.

I was getting multiple notifications for everything.

As it was Android System, and Google apps that seemed to be causing the problem I deleted all data for Android System, Google App, Calendar, Gmail, Sheets etc.

That completely changed the phone and battery was back like new.

How did you do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 Sgro

Hi, does anyone know a place that will do motherboard repairs? I put mine in a wet pocket and it broke (fairly disappointing) - then did the whole rice thing, dried it out, worked fine for about 2 weeks sans working speaker and back camera, but then died and hasn't worked since. I got dicked around by OP customer support last time (tiny crack on screen, whole phone rendered useless, when I contacted them about screen repair they claimed it was water damaged until I held out and asked it to be returned to me, then voila suddenly they offered me the original screen repair again and it worked fine) so I'd rather just go to a 3rd party repairer I can find here. Does anyone know of any trustworthy ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Has anyone ever seen a fix for that fecking arrow pointing the wrong way in Google maps? Mine is out by about 90 degrees and it drives me mad whenever I use GPS on foot or on the bike, would a different rom fix it or is it a hardware issue? None of the GPS calibration apps seem to fix it.

Thargor wrote: »
    Has anyone ever seen a fix for that fecking arrow pointing the wrong way in Google maps? Mine is out by about 90 degrees and it drives me mad whenever I use GPS on foot or on the bike, would a different rom fix it or is it a hardware issue? None of the GPS calibration apps seem to fix it.

Hi Thargor,

I had the same issue but just tilted my phone around a bit and the compass calibrated. I was on a bus when I did it and the arrow started to track in the right direction afterwards.

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6145351?hl=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Hi Thargor,

I had the same issue but just tilted my phone around a bit and the compass calibrated. I was on a bus when I did it and the arrow started to track in the right direction afterwards.

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6145351?hl=en
    I cant believe that just worked, Ive tried that 20 times before now and was about to say so but I tried it anyway and the arrow just seemed to come unstuck and rotated around to the right direction, its perfect now!

It also fixed Google Sky Map, before it was a juddering mess that didnt know where it was pointing, now it pans across the sky perfectly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Does the One support LTE Advanced?

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057576146

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

xtal191 wrote: »
    Does the One support LTE Advanced?

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057576146

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

How did you do this?

It seems to be a bit different in 13.0
    Settings > apps > (choose app) > Storage > clear data.

Attempt at your own peril!

This was a last ditch effort when all other non-techie options had failed. I don't exactly know why it worked, but it did :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

I'm running sultan ROM 12.1, I'm dumping it. I'm looking for a similar ROM that's decent with battery, only dumping because some app issues. I've not rooted the phone, what's the best way to go about backing up my data? Any advice be appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

ronano wrote: »
    I'm running sultan ROM 12.1, I'm dumping it. I'm looking for a similar ROM that's decent with battery, only dumping because some app issues. I've not rooted the phone, what's the best way to go about backing up my data? Any advice be appreciated!

Titanium backup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Are you moving to Sultan CM 13.0?
    That's what I'm on, and I have no issues with apps. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Are you moving to Sultan CM 13.0?
    That's what I'm on, and I have no issues with apps. :)

The app won't function fully on 12.1 or 13, I flagged it with developer so might change!

The app won't function fully on 12.1 or 13, I flagged it with developer so might change!

I see, bit of a pain so to find an Android 5.0 ROM, I imagine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Currently stuck with 3g after the update to CM13. Will manually flashing CM13 solve this issue does anyone know? Chinese model OnePlus One.

Reflashed and it appears to have solved the problem. Battery didn't charge last night, though that may have just been a loose cable. Still though, the battery app doesn't seem to be reporting correctly. Google Play services are making up 95% of my battery usage apparently with screen at 5%, even though the phone has been on since 9am yesterday with mixed usage. WiFi also seems to have issues that require a reboot to get working again. Think i'll just go back to CM12 and full wipe... too many issues for what is meant to be a stable release. Or should I just go Oxygen OS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/get-ready-for-the-oneplus-3-first-global-vr-shopping-experience.447425/

30,000 free headsets for the VR launch of the OnePlus 3 (Shipping is €6.90) Link below to order it for Irish customers.

https://oneplus.net/ie/oneplus-loop-vr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Excellent, was gonna order one from aliexpress in the next few days, that looks decent for €7 - ordered :)

Link is 404'd for me :mad:

:(

EDIT: Working again and ordered :D

Last year, I tried to tried to watch the launch video on youtube whilst looking cross eyed at the phone haha!

Gone for me too now, did someone make a booboo at oneplus?

Android Central
    Unfortunately, there's a slight issue if you're wanting one of the 30,000 headsets for the upcoming OnePlus 3 launch. The Loop VR Headsets are only seemingly available in the U.S. and India (via Amazon).

My order went through fine anyway, see what happens.

Edit: back working

Just put in an order there for headset so must be working again!

I wonder does it have a controller, otherwise there doesn't seem to be any buttons to interact with your phone.

I almost hope it's not honoured as I'm already awaiting delivery of a headset from AliExpress! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement