Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

does anyone have sky go working on the one plus one and cm13?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Does anyone else have sh*te signal pickup or is it just me?

The only thing I like about this phone is that it's very fast and doesn't lag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Anyone else have the Messenger app constantly crashing since the latest update, even when the app is not in use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Any Polish OPO users on here? How large is the Band 20 (800Mhz) footprint at home, specifically with Orange?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

ED E wrote: »
    Any Polish OPO users on here? How large is the Band 20 (800Mhz) footprint at home, specifically with Orange?

The OPO doesn't support band 20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Been a long time since i updated my OPO.
    When i originally got it i rooted it straight away but since then it's not rooted anymore through random update over a year ago.

Whats the go to way of updating and rooting this phone these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The OPO doesn't support band 20

Why do you think I asked ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

FitzShane wrote: »
    Anyone else have the Messenger app constantly crashing since the latest update, even when the app is not in use?

Same happened to me, to the point I had to delete it. But it seems to be working now again. Weird thing is it didn't happen to my friend with the latest update and handset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Same happened to me, to the point I had to delete it. But it seems to be working now again. Weird thing is it didn't happen to my friend with the latest update and handset.

yeah, a delete & re-install seemed to fix the issue for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone else get a big update (~400mb) to COS 13.1-ZNH2KAS1KN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,320 ✭✭✭davo2001

Yeah, just installed it an hour ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Yup. Only thing that seems to have suffered as a result is the weather component of the cLock widget no longer displaying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

I'm rooted with a TWRP recovery on 12.1-YOG4PAS3JL and haven't updated due to all the hassle reported from previous updates. Is this update worth updating to and if so is there a way to jump to it from 12.1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

SickBoy wrote: »
    Yup. Only thing that seems to have suffered as a result is the weather component of the cLock widget no longer displaying.

Chrome widget seems to have been borked as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm having a weird problem with my OPO. For some reason, and it's not got to do with an update, but my phone has decided that it will charge up at different rates. For example, I can plug it in to charge overnight, check it in the morning and it'll only be gone up 1% overnight. Shows as being on charge but just really really slowly. plug it into my PC via USB and i'll charge up ok. Next night similar thing except it'll go up maybe 50% overnight, the next night maybe 30%. Different chargers, the same thing. Always shows up as charging but always a different speed. So much so that if I see it charging it slowly, then plug it out and plug it back in sometimes that'll speed up the charging.

Anyone any ideas. Only started happening a week ago out of the blue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Quazzie wrote: »
    I'm having a weird problem with my OPO. For some reason, and it's not got to do with an update, but my phone has decided that it will charge up at different rates. For example, I can plug it in to charge overnight, check it in the morning and it'll only be gone up 1% overnight. Shows as being on charge but just really really slowly. plug it into my PC via USB and i'll charge up ok. Next night similar thing except it'll go up maybe 50% overnight, the next night maybe 30%. Different chargers, the same thing. Always shows up as charging but always a different speed. So much so that if I see it charging it slowly, then plug it out and plug it back in sometimes that'll speed up the charging.

Anyone any ideas. Only started happening a week ago out of the blue.

Similar is happening to me. Can't offer any solutions though.

Did anyone lose the CM telephone app with the new update? It disappeared off the home bar for me and I can only find the android phone app now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

Guys installed the latest update 13.1-ZNH2KAS1KN, the battery drain since is ridiculous and Android Core Apps is the main culprit. I've googled and googled, restarted cleared the cache from the boot menu individually cleared the app caches but no joy - anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Done the wakelock stuff in Privacy Guard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Meanaspie wrote: »
    Guys installed the latest update 13.1-ZNH2KAS1KN, the battery drain since is ridiculous and Android Core Apps is the main culprit. I've googled and googled, restarted cleared the cache from the boot menu individually cleared the app caches but no joy - anyone else experiencing this or have any suggestions?
    I have it too, think I might need a factory reset

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    A factory reset is always a good idea after an OS update on any phone. Cures a lot.

Is there a way of backing up so that I won't have to reinstall all my home screens, change app notifications etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I'm getting the "new tag added" screen coming up on my screen every now and again...no idea what is initiating it...does anyone else see anything like this and know what it is and what's causing it??

Its just a black screen referring to tags?

I'm getting the "new tag added" screen coming up on my screen every now and again...no idea what is initiating it...does anyone else see anything like this and know what it is and what's causing it??

Its just a black screen referring to tags?

sounds like it's to do with your NFC. I know I get that when I have my phone and wallet in my hand as I've one of those passport cards and that has some kind of NFC type chip - can#t read it but does sense that it's there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys anyone have a link to the most recent update for the OPO?

My dad is getting terrible battery drain for the last two weeks and he didn't seem to have access to app permissions and just want to make sure he is on the most recent version because I thought they were available now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Has anyone had to replace the tempered glass protector on the oneplus one? mine looks to be on its last legs.

I'm on 13.1 but battery absolutely terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

I'm on Sultan stable 13 rom and its been rock solid for months.

I can't install a custom ROM due to my work restrictions unfortunately, so my only options are to try to tweak app permissions on stock ROM and factory reset etc. - worked for a while but useless recently. I've installed GSAM Battery monitor - tells me that I'm averaging 16h38m of battery life, with an average screen on time of 2h55m. I'm thinking of upgrading only to fix this, everything else is still going strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Has anyone had to replace the tempered glass protector on the oneplus one? mine looks to be on its last legs.

I replaced my OnePlus tempered glass protector with this:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OZ0TMI2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a little thicker than the original but I use a cover with raised sides so don't notice it. Cheap and does the job.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

dubmess wrote: »
    I replaced my OnePlus tempered glass protector with this:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00OZ0TMI2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's a little thicker than the original but I use a cover with raised sides so don't notice it. Cheap and does the job.
    Easy job taking off the old protector?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Easy job taking off the old protector?

No problem at all. Original one cracked in a fall, but it just peeled off nicely with no residue.

If I remember correctly, the one I linked to came with a lint-free cloth and a wipe to clean anything off the screen prior to application.

Anyone recommend a nice but cheap and easy to attach car cradle for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Phone is unworkable since the 13.1 upgrade

multiple apps keep stopping.
    An ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Anyone recommend a nice but cheap and easy to attach car cradle for this?

Personally I prefer car air vent mounts:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00QGZV2BO/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have this one for over a year now.

Phone is unworkable since the 13.1 upgrade

multiple apps keep stopping.
    An ideas?

I had a few different issues and did a factory reset seems to have done the trick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Bit of a vague issue here but...
    Since the last update I installed, there seems to be an extra equalizer affecting my sound.
    Spotify works fine for the first two minutes upon booting the phone, then something(an app I assume?) kicks in that makes it sound pretty awful.
    It also slows down Spotify - if I skip on into a song it sounds normal, then pauses for a second and goes back to sounding awful.

Anyone had this?!
    Any advice bar factory reset?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I know there is an app pre installed called MaxxAudio or AudioFX or something. They used to mention it in the updates, along with preinstalled SwiftKey. Have a look through your list of installed apps for something like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

Bit of a vague issue here but...
    Since the last update I installed, there seems to be an extra equalizer affecting my sound.
    Spotify works fine for the first two minutes upon booting the phone, then something(an app I assume?) kicks in that makes it sound pretty awful.
    It also slows down Spotify - if I skip on into a song it sounds normal, then pauses for a second and goes back to sounding awful.

Anyone had this?!
    Any advice bar factory reset?

This has happened me using Shuttle after the update. The sound is awful, very thin. Like Xenoronin I thought it might have been AudioFX that was causing the problem. So I wiped the app cache and restarted the phone. It was better for a few minutes and started again. Interestingly music over Bluetooth in the car is fine.

Are there any better email apps than the stock boxer one? Mine is constantly telling me message not sent even though there is no problem with my server and I have a perfect 4g connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I use cloudmagic no problems with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Anyone know of any shops in Dublin where I can get a flip cover case for a OnePlus One?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I am still on CM12 and thinking of updating to CM13. What is this ROM like ? Take it you can get it from XDA also what Kernal are you using

How is battery performance etc?

stop wrote: »
    Anyone know of any shops in Dublin where I can get a flip cover case for a OnePlus One?

I've a practically unused white one I bought from the OnePlus store you can have for €10 if you'd like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

dubmess wrote: »
    I've a practically unused white one I bought from the OnePlus store you can have for €10 if you'd like.

Cheers, but looking for yellow or orange.

stop wrote: »
    Cheers, but looking for yellow or orange.

No bother!

I got a 13.1 OTA update today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

ZNH2KAS254 seems to be nothing major

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Back using this about a week now. Still a really good phone after 2 years. Battery is gone crap on mine though.
    Would nearly be dead getting home from work at 5.30.

• Advertisement
Advertisement