Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Battery shouldn't be that shot, mine still lasts easily until i go to bed. I'd try resetting or monitoring your battery usage to see what's happening. One tip that has saved a lot of battery on mine is to just delete facebook. The app eats battery so I just use chrome when I want to see what's happening. Messenger is still a requirement though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Updating phone from CM12 to CM 13 but have not done it in a while and wondering what GAPPS to download from the below

http://opengapps.org/?download=true&arch=arm&api=6.0&variant=pico

Which Platform do I use when upgrading

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

Updating phone from CM12 to CM 13 but have not done it in a while and wondering what GAPPS to download from the below

Cheers

Just to double check, are you going from Cyanogen Mod 12 to 13 or Cyanogen OS 12 to 13? If COS, then GAPPS are included in the install file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Metalpanic wrote: »

Cheers

Just to double check, are you going from Cyanogen Mod 12 to 13 or Cyanogen OS 12 to 13? If COS, then GAPPS are included in the install file.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]It s been so long not sure what ROM I am on, a customised or OS. Checked the settings on the phone and the CM I am on is 12.1-20160709-Unofficial-Bacon. I was trying to upgrade onto Resurrection Remix without doing a full wipe as wanted to keep the pics and contacts. Downloaded the ARM-6.0-Stock Gapp. Did a wipe but kept internal storage. Then loaded up RR Rom and then the GAPPS but GAPPS did not load up as not enough space so going to try load it up with the mini gap and hopefully this will work.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

[font=Times New Roman","serif]It s been so long not sure what ROM I am on, a customised or OS. Checked the settings on the phone and the CM I am on is 12.1-20160709-Unofficial-Bacon. I was trying to upgrade onto Resurrection Remix without doing a full wipe as wanted to keep the pics and contacts. Downloaded the ARM-6.0-Stock Gapp. Did a wipe but kept internal storage. Then loaded up RR Rom and then the GAPPS but GAPPS did not load up as not enough space so going to try load it up with the mini gap and hopefully this will work.[/font]

Ah ok then yes you need GAPPS. I normally use this site http://opengapps.org/

If you are completely changing ROM I would recommend a full wipe. Your contacts will auto download from Google and pictures can be backed up via USB if you don't have Google backup set up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Whats the best ROM at the minute for general battery life, speed and stability in peoples opinion? Feel like a change and my OPO is a bit of a mess after a couple of years with no reset...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats the best ROM at the minute for general battery life, speed and stability in peoples opinion? Feel like a change and my OPO is a bit of a mess after a couple of years with no reset...

I've been on this one for a while. It does me grand anyway.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/orig-development/rom-darkobasrom-t3349740

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Got my hands on a second hand OnePlus One with brand new original charger for €130 last month. Some phone for that kinda money :D

It came reset and with Cyanogenmod 13 installed. I played with that a bit but then installed Oxygen OS 2.1.4 just for the craic and it was a significant improvement in performance. I'm surprised not more people seem to run this? Battery life is fine for me too.
    Xenoronin wrote: »
    Reflashed and it appears to have solved the problem. Battery didn't charge last night, though that may have just been a loose cable. Still though, the battery app doesn't seem to be reporting correctly. Google Play services are making up 95% of my battery usage apparently with screen at 5%, even though the phone has been on since 9am yesterday with mixed usage. WiFi also seems to have issues that require a reboot to get working again. Think i'll just go back to CM12 and full wipe... too many issues for what is meant to be a stable release. Or should I just go Oxygen OS?

Go for it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Can't remember any difficulty doing it. Found everything I needed very easily online. Benefit of having a phone owned by a million nerds worldwide :D

Did similar stuff with an Elefone last year and it was much, much harder to find stuff online that was understandable (and not written by someone Chinese with very poor English)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

unkel wrote: »
    Got my hands on a second hand OnePlus One with brand new original charger for €130 last month. Some phone for that kinda money :D

It came reset and with Cyanogenmod 13 installed. I played with that a bit but then installed Oxygen OS 2.1.4 just for the craic and it was a significant improvement in performance. I'm surprised not more people seem to run this? Battery life is fine for me too.

Go for it :D

I've a 1+1 sitting in a drawer now. Much prefer it to my current Note4 but the OS on it seems to be odd when it comes to battery life. Not a clue how to put different ROMs on it. :o

Quazzie wrote: »
    I've a 1+1 sitting in a drawer now. Much prefer it to my current Note4 but the OS on it seems to be odd when it comes to battery life

Really, I thought a Note 4 would beat a 1+1 hands down! Specs and features are a good bit better on the Note.
    Quazzie wrote: »
    Not a clue how to put different ROMs on it. :o

It's not that hard, but I suppose it depends what you're used to doing and what you're comfortable with. I can change the oil in a car but I wouldn't go near changing a timing belt :D

If you want, I can do it for you :)

Really, I thought a Note 4 would beat a 1+1 hands down! Specs and features are a good bit better on the Note.
    The note is ever so slightly too big. Just too big to use with one hand consistently which is a tad annoying, and whilst it's quick and able, I always found the 1+1 to be a bit quicker. Plus there is the customizing that you just don't get from the Note. The double tap to wake is something I had grown very accustomed to on the 1+1 but isn't available on the Note for example.
    It's not that hard, but I suppose it depends what you're used to doing and what you're comfortable with. I can change the oil in a car but I wouldn't go near changing a timing belt :D

If you want, I can do it for you :)
    Give me a timing belt any day. That's just gears and cogs that allign up.

I'll definitely take you up on that offer for the 1+1

Patww79 wrote: »
    It's the little things that make all the difference :o

Afaik it was just a matter of installing the USB driver for the phone on the PC (I run windows 10), download the Oxygen OS zip file to the phone, then run a batchfile on your PC which does all the work in a few steps (again from your PC)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

As previously mentioned, give bacon root toolkit a try. It hasn't not worked for me but it can be a little temperamental in getting it setup and working, when it works it's fine though. There seem to be good tutorials for the oneplus their own forum if you want to do it manually.

On the subject of reviving phones. I've just spent some time at the weekend doing factory resets and then flashing roms to get around my anti theft. I want to use my oneplus in my project car as a sort of car pc. Most likely well just play music and use Google maps but I want to integrate it in a nice way into the interior, eventually. For now I've installed some car type apps that have a simple interface which I'll test once I get another sim.

Important thing that I found. I was using a different cable and the PC wasn't able to pick up the phone being connected even after the Universal ADB Driver install. Switched to the official cable and it found it instantly. Just something to keep in mind if you can't detect the phone when using the "fastboot devices" command and the drivers have been installed correctly. Rebooting after installing the drivers is also a good idea.

Phone started working grand again after a few days of messing around with it and the APN settings. Gonna have to do it all again soon with the new update. This time it may just be best to completely factory reset the phone to get that clean install.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Folks. Have a problem with my One Plus One phone. Last Thursday the display on my phone went funny. Nothing happened to the phone itthe screen just went funny right after I had sent a text. The best way of describing it is that it looked like a picture of small stars.

Anyway I couldnt access my phone to make calls, send texts, surf the web etc. Tried rebooting numerous times but still was getting that strange looking screen. I could hear messages coming in and all the other notification noises you get from various apps.

Last night the phone came back on and I can access all apps and the screen is fine but the phone keeps telling me that it cannot read my sim card. The sim card is working as I tried it in a spare phone that I have. Anybody have a similar issue and if so how did you resolve it?

Thanks

Possibly corrosion? Try putting in the simcard and then pulling it in and out multiple times to make sure the pins are clear. If it does turn out to be corrosion, some other issues with the display connector may be present. Unless you feel like striping the phone down it may be on the way out.

Are there any cracks in the body that water may have gotten in through?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Is anyone's battery life started to fall off a cliff. Mine has taken a big hit in the last couple of months.

Done full resets etc, so not that. Monitored apps etc.

I would say its probably lasting 30-40% less. What annoys me though is fully charge at night, and at 8 in the morning it could read anything from 91% to 80%. It used to be able to hold charge much better than that.

I'm putting it down to battery age. I'd replace it but the reviews of the replacement 'genuine' batteries online don't read too well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Xenoronin wrote: »
    Possibly corrosion? Try putting in the simcard and then pulling it in and out multiple times to make sure the pins are clear. If it does turn out to be corrosion, some other issues with the display connector may be present. Unless you feel like striping the phone down it may be on the way out.

Are there any cracks in the body that water may have gotten in through?

Thanks for the reply. No no cracks where water would have got through. I will try putting the card in and out a few times and see what happens. I was planning to get the One Plus Three in September (when I have the finances) so hopefully I can get another two months out of this phone. If not I will have to use a basic entry level Android that I have at home :(:(

• Advertisement

You probably should have flashed to the latest version. Though it should still update tbh.

That's weird. 2.1.4 worked first try for me.

Attached are the instructions I used. Might help you or someone else in here trying to make their OnePlus One faster :)

• Advertisement

Nice :-)

Bet you're enjoying the performance!

Is oxygen more stable and faster than cyanogen on this phone? What I'm after is longest battery life possible as it will only be used in the car

I only tried cyano for a little while and did not find it as fast as it should be with this phone. Changed to Oxygen and found it very fast (and it has been completely stable for me)

Can't really help you in saying which would be best for battery life though. Except that you should uninstall all apps you don't need and stop all services that aren't necessary and then install a good battery app and set it to maximise battery life.

What way are you only using it in the car, some sort of entertainment / satnav / bluetooth system? If so, surely you could power it in the car and battery life wouldn't be an issue at all?

It's worth a try anyway, still trying out software etc

It probably will be powered from the car battery but being the weekend car this may be disconnected at time especially when of the road. Probably use android auto when it's standalone if it's any good, until then I'm trying out a few, automate and that's 2 others that might be a good option. They all do satnav (maps), music, messaging, calls etc

I want to incorporate into the interior and not have it removable.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Moochy Pugh

Hi can anyone recommend a network with decent 4g coverage?Based in Dublin..thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Hi can anyone recommend a network with decent 4g coverage?Based in Dublin..thanks

Vodafone, Three, Meteor all have 4g masts in Dublin and good 4g coverage. ID mobile also use three's 4g masts.

I'm with virginmedia, they use the three network. Around my house I get 50mbps up and down on 4G

It's €10 per month everything unlimited for the first 4 months. Free to leave virginmedia at any time :D

I like bargains :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Is it possible to buy a genuine replacement battery for this phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

That's weird. 2.1.4 worked first try for me.

Attached are the instructions I used. Might help you or someone else in here trying to make their OnePlus One faster :)

Hi all,

Long time OPO owner here and getting to the time where I want to upgrade. I think I'll buy the OP3 and pass my OPO to my son. My OPO is rooted on Cyanogen 12.1YOG4PAS3JL OS 5.1.1 build # LMY48B with TWRP recovery V 3.0.2-0.

Can you (or anyone) tell me the best way to wipe and flash the best OS so my son gets a clean up to date OS. I really don't mind whether it Cyanogen or Oxigen. I'll flash whatever is considered the best current version for performance and battery life and it doesn't have to be rooted. Vanilla with OTA OS updates would be ideal.

Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Hi all,

Long time OPO owner here and getting to the time where I want to upgrade. I think I'll buy the OP3 and pass my OPO to my son. My OPO is rooted on Cyanogen 12.1YOG4PAS3JL OS 5.1.1 build # LMY48B with TWRP recovery V 3.0.2-0.

Can you (or anyone) tell me the best way to wipe and flash the best OS so my son gets a clean up to date OS. I really don't mind whether it Cyanogen or Oxigen. I'll flash whatever is considered the best current version for performance and battery life and it doesn't have to be rooted. Vanilla with OTA OS updates would be ideal.

Any suggestions?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/orig-development/rom-kernel-unofficial-cyanogenmod-13-0-t3242700

There will most likely be no more updates for the OPO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I received an update just today for my OPO.

Thanks MD. So the no-frills CM12.1 ROM is about the best and most stable ROM for the OPO and it ain't going to be getting any better with updates etc? I assume that's because the hardware is now two years old and just isn't going to be up to the latest OS?

Just want to say thanks to mass-debater for the link. I updated using this process and it went without a hitch. After two years it was a good idea to totally wipe the phone and do a clean install. Took a few hours to get all apps etc installed and configured the way I want them but worth it.

Phone is flying and battery seems very stable.

Cheers.

Thanks MD. So the no-frills CM12.1 ROM is about the best and most stable ROM for the OPO and it ain't going to be getting any better with updates etc? I assume that's because the hardware is now two years old and just isn't going to be up to the latest OS?

Hi guys,

I did a clean install of CM 13 using this process http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/orig-development/rom-kernel-unofficial-cyanogenmod-13-0-t3242700 a month ago and not only is the phone absolutely flying along with no issues whatsoever but I just received an OTA update which I'm about to install.

Looks like there could be some update life in the old girl yet :D

I must say, I can't find a single reason to "upgrade" to a new phone when the OPO is performing so well.

Best. Phone. Ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but can has anyone experienced problems with really slow charges with the One plus?

The only charger that charges the phone at the normal rate is the official one. When I use any other charger I have, it either takes an age to charge or it will just about maintain whatever % is left in the phone.

I have it set to charge only mode also.

joe123 wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before but can has anyone experienced problems with really slow charges with the One plus?

The only charger that charges the phone at the normal rate is the official one. When I use any other charger I have, it either takes an age to charge or it will just about maintain whatever % is left in the phone.

I have it set to charge only mode also.

You need a decent charger, 2A or 2.1A and not a sh1te one made in China that you find on eBay and in all garages and shops.

There's an app called Ampere that will show you the charging rate. You'd be surprised at some of them. Also, the USB cable is very important, there's a huge difference in a poor one and a good one. I bought a pack of 6 Anker cables on Amazon

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gombosdev.ampere

Anker 3 Premium 3ft Micro USB Cable Pack High Speed USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B Sync and Charge Cables for Android, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Nokia and More (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NAN3O20/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7OOZxb024S6M7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

You need a decent charger, 2A or 2.1A and not a sh1te one made in China that you find on eBay and in all garages and shops.

There's an app called Ampere that will show you the charging rate. You'd be surprised at some of them. Also, the USB cable is very important, there's a huge difference in a poor one and a good one. I bought a pack of 6 Anker cables on Amazon

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gombosdev.ampere

Anker 3 Premium 3ft Micro USB Cable Pack High Speed USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B Sync and Charge Cables for Android, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Nokia and More (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00NAN3O20/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7OOZxb024S6M7

Great thanks for this. Some of the chargers I have would be from older phones such as an S3 so was wondering was it just not strong enough. I just find the One plus seems to be far more finicky with chargers than say my girlfriends M8 phone.

Regarding the charging rate, I downloaded that app and using the official charger I am getting 160mA min and 290 Max. What would be considered poor?

• Advertisement

joe123 wrote: »
    Regarding the charging rate, I downloaded that app and using the official charger I am getting 160mA min and 290 Max. What would be considered poor?

Yes, very poor. I think mine is about 600-700 with the official charger and official USB cable but could point to your phone using a lot of power as it's charging, is your brightness set to max? Is the screen timeout set to a high value out not turning off at all? Is some app draining the battery? Get a battery monitor app to test.

Advertisement