Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Did you try a factory reset?
    No and I won't as I can't be ar$ed having to set everything up again. I'll live with it and se if the next FW update fixes it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

BenEadir wrote: »
    No and I won't as I can't be ar$ed having to set everything up again. I'll live with it and se if the next FW update fixes it.

Cyanogenmod was a bad choice so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

You know you can do these magical things called backups.. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I've recently started having screen related problems. It's intermittent but from time to tine my screen display gets distorted with lines jumping across the frozen image but it seems to instantly fix itself. I also have a problem with pinch to zoom. When I try to expand an image if goes immediately to max zoom and similarly when I try to reduce an image it goes to the smallets size possible instantly. It's impossible to get it to the size I want. I seem to have a similar issue resizing web pages in Chrome.

I guess this is on the To-do list of fixes for the next FW update???
    Nobody else seems to be reporting it anywhere so probably not unless you want to try and make a bug report yourself but its probably a dodgey app or theme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

My WIFI won't turn on a fter a few hours. The wee swipe switch to turn it on goes red. Anyone have this problem before?

I've disabled juice defender etc.

Thargor wrote: »
    Nobody else seems to be reporting it anywhere so probably not unless you want to try and make a bug report yourself but its probably a dodgey app or theme.

I'm afraid you're wrong there Thargor - https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON-882

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Thargor wrote: »

Lots and lots have had this problem I have had it myself.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Cyanogenmod was a bad choice so!

Na, I love CM and have been using it for years on both phones and tablets. The bug is so minor it isn't even worth the hassle of doing a back up, then a factory reset and then a restore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

Another phone crash and reboot there. Getting them often while just browsing or on mxplayer. Switching to nexus 6 I'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Another phone crash and reboot there. Getting them often while just browsing or on mxplayer. Switching to nexus 6 I'd say.

Have to say I have had 2 crashes and a couple of reboots on latest software.
    I didnt get any on the older software, seems to be going backwards.
    I still love the phone but software fixes need to happen.

I am still getting screen pinch issues aswell..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm with emobile and have a 4g sim and plan. Should my global edition work for 4g?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭efahey

I have been looking at the one plus one for a while now, just a few questions.
    Dies it run on Vodafone 4g? Have been in touch with Vodafone as according to website it runs on a band not supported by opo but according to customer services 4g is running on multiple frequencies so should work.
    As someone who is not overly bothered about modifying the installed software is cyanogen a good fit?
    What is the camera really like, have read lots of reviews but would love honest answers. Does it give sharp pics free from blur if there is some movement of subject. Thinking of my 2yr daughter here.
    What is the battery life like especially after a period of time? Should I be worried about the non removable battery?
    If there is a problem what is the customer support like? Do they take returns easily?

The other phone I am looking at is LG G3 so if people have experience of both it would be great.

efahey wrote: »
    I have been looking at the one plus one for a wh

Cool story brah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I have been looking at the one plus one for a wh

It reads like you got distracted by something shiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

I've kind of given up on the OPO. Too many issues, PITA to return if you have a hardware problem.

For the money, I'd rather a Nexus 5.

• Advertisement

Danger781 wrote: »
    Cool story brah

Sorry my current phone (Chinese import zopo c2) decided I was finished and decided to post

Sorry my current phone (Chinese import zopo c2) decided I was finished and decided to post

It's cool I got a laugh from both your posts :pac:

Danger781 wrote: »
    It's cool I got a laugh from both your posts :pac:

I have updated original one now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm with emobile and have a 4g sim and plan. Should my global edition work for 4g?

Works fine for me on eMobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

jimmii wrote: »
    Works fine for me on eMobile.

I'm suspected that it's something on their side but just wanted confirmation really. Last time they sent me to the shop for a sim change and that didn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

It seems that the new color OS will enable the Oppo Find 7 plus the Find 7a for unified storage getting rid of the 3GB app limit and allowing the full 32GB to be used as you want. Fast charging and quad HD screen too.

http://www.oppoforums.com/threads/find-7a-coloros-2-0-2i-beta-update-preview.20094/

Hmm, I have the OneOlus One but the camera is a huge let down compared to the Find 7 I had, even tho they have the same hardware. Might be tempted to change back, battery diff the only thing at the moment that it has over a Find 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

my OPO has started to freeze the last week.It has only happened a handful of times but the only way to get it to work is to force shutdown.
    Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

yabadabado wrote: »
    my OPO has started to freeze the last week.It has only happened a handful of times but the only way to get it to work is to force shutdown.
    Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah dozens of times at this stage. Mostly in chrome, but once in facebook messenger. I've uninstalled swype & it hasn't happened since, but that just could be a coincidence. Could we be seeing the start of a Galaxy S3 style nand failure? Or is 38r firmware to blame? I haven't experienced any of the visual disturbances some are reporting thus far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

munkee wrote: »
    I've kind of given up on the OPO. Too many issues, PITA to return if you have a hardware problem.

For the money, I'd rather a Nexus 5.
    Not a chance! I moved from a N5 to the OPO a few months ago and the OPO is light years ahead, I would never go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

I've had my one month old oneplus one's screen crack on me, and have put in an RMA request....Can anyone tell me if there's any problem with having the courier (TNT) picking up the phone from the parcel motel site in newtownabbey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anyone reccomend any docks?

Just bought one of these which are supposed to work perfectly with the OPO even with a case on it, I'll report back if it does. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JLG0ZD6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

About the only one I've seen recommended has been one for a HTC One M8. I ordered it from here:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Hot-Desktop-Data-Sync-Charging-Cradle-Dock-Station-for-HTC-New-ONE-M8/1897487097.html

at the end of October.

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Anyone reccomend any docks?

I got this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JLG0ZD6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 delivered the other day. I have a bumber case on my OPO so I took out removable insert and the OPO slides into place no problem. It is a bit wobbly as in it can move left and right a bit if you push it but stays in place fine and coupled with a 2 amp charger like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004XKG7NM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00 it charges the phone in no time.

It's an excellent and cheap solution which saves my fluting around at night trying to plug the micro USB into the phone.

BTW, the €2.78 Aliexpress one Rocky White Rugby linked to looks 100% identical to the £7.49 one I bought from Amazon :-(

Think I'll order an Aliexpress one for my desk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

I have an odd bug with OPO, when i go to work i lose signal which is fine but when i come back out i only get a G signal and can't browse the net or update whatsapp, i have to go back into network provider and click 3 IRL again to regain LTE.
    Anyone else have something similar ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I don't think that's a OPO issue, that has been a problem with the 3 network for years.

Something to do with if your phone wasn't provided by 3 it doesn't have the correct wireless settings for their network or something like that. Had the issue myself with two iPhones and then I got an HTC One from 3 which worked fine.

That said, my OPO is working fine on 3!

• Advertisement

dermo1990 wrote: »
    I've had my one month old oneplus one's screen crack on me, and have put in an RMA request....Can anyone tell me if there's any problem with having the courier (TNT) picking up the phone from the parcel motel site in newtownabbey?

Contacted parcel motel, can't do this apparently. So can you use your home address as pick up or is there one to send to directly in the uk

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

dermo1990 wrote: »
    Contacted parcel motel, can't do this apparently. So can you use your home address as pick up or is there one to send to directly in the uk
    Mine cracked too on all ireland football day. Set up an RMA and was put onto a rep called Lei. Well I have never dealt with someone so :mad::mad::mad: I ended up sending the phone to the UK after several times telling her I don't live there and telling her the TNT person couldn't pick up my phone as I live in Ireland. She also tried to get me to send the phone to the US once and also f**ked my return address up a good few times by putting my address to Newtownabbey, Co.Antrim, USA :( Eventually I everything was sorted and I sent my phone to the UK via parcel motel and had to pay 107GBP and I was given a new phone. Overall it took a month to get something sorted that should have taken a week or two. Im nearly sure she was waiting till the end of her day then replying to my email and then doing the same for the next 4 days and then off for her weekend :P

sdowling04 wrote: »
    Mine cracked too on all ireland football day. Set up an RMA and was put onto a rep called Lei. Well I have never dealt with someone so :mad::mad::mad: I ended up sending the phone to the UK after several times telling her I don't live there and telling her the TNT person couldn't pick up my phone as I live in Ireland. She also tried to get me to send the phone to the US once and also f**ked my return address up a good few times by putting my address to Newtownabbey, Co.Antrim, USA :( Eventually I everything was sorted and I sent my phone to the UK via parcel motel and had to pay 107GBP and I was given a new phone. Overall it took a month to get something sorted that should have taken a week or two. Im nearly sure she was waiting till the end of her day then replying to my email and then doing the same for the next 4 days and then off for her weekend :P

Dealing with Ivy on this, its only gained traction in the last two days. So I mailed them today to have the pickup address changed to something other than parcelmotel. The time difference can get a bit annoying though.

Woke up to find an update to 44S waiting to be installed. Anyone else get this update?

Looks like it fixes the screen pinch and zoom problem as well as the black bars problem,.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/11/07/cm11s-44s-build-oneplus-one-addresses-touchscreen-issues-black-bar-glitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Woke up to find an update to 44S waiting to be installed. Anyone else get this update? Anyone know the main features/fixes?

I got it there as well. Still installing though.

So installing 44S means I'm no longer rooted according to Root Checker. Do updates always unroot the phone? Is there an easy way to re-root without having to reinstall all the apps etc again?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mr170

Got the 64 gig version yesterday on adverts and have to say very impressed.. Can anyone recommended a good music player..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I like n7player

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n7mobile.nplayer

Anyone know a good site for themes and mods? I know I can browse different forums but it hard to get a good over view

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

So installing 44S means I'm no longer rooted according to Root Checker. Do updates always unroot the phone? Is there an easy way to re-root without having to reinstall all the apps etc again?

You just need to boot back into recovery (TWRP is the one I've used) and you can reflash the root settings.
    I haven't received the upgrade yet so cannot remember the procedure previously but from memory once you boot into recovery and then from there press the reboot button it gives the option to "Slide to root"

Nick

• Advertisement

yoyo wrote: »
    You just need to boot back into recovery (TWRP is the one I've used) and you can reflash the root settings.
    I haven't received the upgrade yet so cannot remember the procedure previously but from memory once you boot into recovery and then from there press the reboot button it gives the option to "Slide to root"

Nick

Thanks, just did that and all fine. 44S rooted with all apps and settings etc in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

jozi wrote: »
    I like n7player

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.n7mobile.nplayer

Anyone know a good site for themes and mods? I know I can browse different forums but it hard to get a good over view
    Check back on some of my posts, I posted about where to get the themes but cant for the life of me find it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

There's threads on xda and the one+ forum but just wanted was there a site just for this that I can browse through without all the comments people make in normal threads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

mr170 wrote: »
    Got the 64 gig version yesterday on adverts and have to say very impressed.. Can anyone recommended a good music player..

I like this app myself https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=another.music.player&hl=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Any one recommend a good case for this phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

Any update on when we can expect an update to Android 5.0?

• Advertisement

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    Any one recommend a good case for this phone?

I have the Tudia Ultra slim case which works fine and I'm happy with it but if I was buying another case I'd probably get the Diztronic Flexible TPU Case, see http://www.amazon.co.uk/Diztronic-Flexible-TPU-Case-OnePlus-Matte-Black/dp/B00MBS1NA0/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1415525398&sr=8-14&keywords=oneplus+one

More cases reviewed here http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-oneplus-one-cases

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Hi, quick update on missing phone. ParcelMotel got back to me saying the package arrived damaged to their depot in Belfast. Rang DHL in UK only to be told that they will not deal with me because I am not the supplier. I have opened a ticket with ONEPLUS and also have opened a claim with PayPal.

Anyway, I received an invite and purchased the phone using Royal Mail as delivery. I received the phone the other day, however I have one small problem. I am with 3 and when I go out of network coverage, I can only get G or Edge reception. I have to manually choose "3 Irl" in "Setting > Mobile Networks > Network Operators."
    Is there any way of keeping the 3 Irl settings. The Access point name that is ticked is "3 IE MMS".

Quick update:
    I have received an email from Paypal with an offer of a refund from OnePlus. Glad to get it sorted, now just have to wait for the money to get to my account.

BTW is anyone else having a problem when the phone roams. Mine does not revert back to 3 automatically it stays on roaming. I have to manually choose the Network Operator. I do not have mobile data turned on, I just turn it on and off when I need it.
    Would it be best to leave data on all the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Quick update:
    I have received an email from Paypal with an offer of a refund from OnePlus. Glad to get it sorted, now just have to wait for the money to get to my account.

BTW is anyone else having a problem when the phone roams. Mine does not revert back to 3 automatically it stays on roaming. I have to manually choose the Network Operator. I do not have mobile data turned on, I just turn it on and off when I need it.
    Would it be best to leave data on all the time?

I'm with 3 and I have mobile data always on but data roaming disabled.

AW YEAH mine just arrived in mailboxde :D:D:D

KuYWVxZ.png

How do I send it? Ready to send keeps flashing.. ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement