Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

One thing I've noticed about android is the lack of decent video editing apps.

HTC One had some good in built editors but struggling to find anything decent on the app store for my OPO, any recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Danger781 wrote: »
    So with my phone due to arrive in the coming days, I'm looking for a phone holder for the car. Preferably one I don't need to stick to the windscreen or dash. If I could one to stick to the air vent or something that would be great.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Been using this for the past 12 months - got it from Amazon and it's a great device.

http://www.kenu.com/products/airframe

A naked OPO fits in it fine. I'd imagine a skin or a thin case shouldn't be a problem but anything bigger could struggle to fit in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

polaris68 wrote: »
    Been using this for the past 12 months - got it from Amazon and it's a great device.

http://www.kenu.com/products/airframe

A naked OPO fits in it fine. I'd imagine a skin or a thin case shouldn't be a problem but anything bigger could struggle to fit in.

Saw that last night alright.. I'll mull it over

Also just got this
    I was in the Czech Republic today in Geis because of your shipment. Your package was found in Prag and should be sent to your country today. We apologize to you for the delay. We will refund our fee.

Sincerely,
    mailboxde

WHERE IS MY PHONE!? D:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

Quick question. My opo is on three.

Depending on the type of network coverage in the regions I cover in my daily commute the phone goes from connection to LTE>H>E>G for data coverage. However this seems to be a one way process and it never seems to go from say G back to LTE.

I am just wondering is there any way I can get it to automatically search for the preferred LTE network every so often or do I need to do this manually every time it has dropped down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

kneejerk wrote: »
    Quick question. My opo is on three.

Depending on the type of network coverage in the regions I cover in my daily commute the phone goes from connection to LTE>H>E>G for data coverage. However this seems to be a one way process and it never seems to go from say G back to LTE.

I am just wondering is there any way I can get it to automatically search for the preferred LTE network every so often or do I need to do this manually every time it has dropped down?

This is a Three problem. It happens to everyone, the only reasonable solution I've developed is to set the phone to airplane mode & back again to restore data connectivity. It will reset on it's own eventually, but the time it takes to do this can be ridiculously long or it might do it straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Im on three too, just ordered my 1+1, so if my data goes to e ive got to reset the whole phone? My data often goes to e as im living in kerry so this will be a massive pain in the ass!

Im on three too, just ordered my 1+1, so if my data goes to e ive got to reset the whole phone? My data often goes to e as im living in kerry so this will be a massive pain in the ass!

No just toggle airplane mode. It only takes ~30 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Also just got this

WHERE IS MY PHONE!? D:

That's a bit worrying. My phone is currently "ready to send" from their depot. I choose Deutsch priority post - which shipping option did you go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

What's the craic with this Pre-order on Monday does anyone know? Did anyone get a phone at the last pre-order event? How long did it take to be sent out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

So with my phone due to arrive in the coming days, I'm looking for a phone holder for the car. Preferably one I don't need to stick to the windscreen or dash. If I could one to stick to the air vent or something that would be great.

Anyone got any recommendations?

I got this and it works well enough.
    http://www.bungajungle.com/products/copy-of-neutron-s-phone-and-tablet-holder-mount

About 30 quid IIRC

Basically it holds the phone by magnetism but the magnetism does not pass through the phone apparently so doesn't affect its function.
    Cool enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

I got one on the last pre order, two weeks turnaround including parcel motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

revz wrote:
    What's the craic with this Pre-order on Monday does anyone know? Did anyone get a phone at the last pre-order event? How long did it take to be sent out?

I got one the last preorder, 2 weeks turnaround including PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

bryaner wrote: »
    I got one the last preorder, 2 weeks turnaround including PM.

I had my preorder sent through the US site, and it was much faster.

Including the hiccups with PayPal I think it was less than a week.

I think that your delivery time will be affected by your place in the preorder queue and the stock/logistics in your chosen region. It was at his house less than 48 hours after paypal cleared.

my mate actually did the ordering for me and had the whole thing complete 5 minutes after preorders opened, so he was high in the queue.

get your cart filled up early and spam refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭dermo1990

Started an rma 2 weeks ago, just got notification to pay for the repair, so replacement unit is shipping either monday/tuesday...was afraid i had another 3 weeks of playing the waiting game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

Just a small little thing I've noticed. You know how you can assign a photo to a contact that shows when they ring, does it come up fuzzy for anyone? The pic was taken with the phone and is perfect and sharp, seems weird it does this.

Would anyone be able to to tell me how to flash TWRP and root for 44s? It's annoying me now, got bootloader unlocked and went to flash twrp image and it cant open it.

Would anyone be able to to tell me how to flash TWRP and root for 44s? It's annoying me now, got bootloader unlocked and went to flash twrp image and it cant open it.

You don't flash it like a normal ROM. You need to do it with fastboot via cmd.
    I assume you're flashing a .img and not a .zip or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-one-how-to-unlock-bootloader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/

You don't flash it like a normal ROM. You need to do it with fastboot via cmd.
    I assume you're flashing a .img and not a .zip or whatever.
    Ush1 wrote: »

Thanks lads, yep doing via command, get as far as fastboot and when I try to flash the .img it says it cant open, I'm on XP tho so am gonna try Windows 7 on the laptop now, hopefully just silly driver issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Just got my 1+ - very happy so far :)

Random question, but hoping a boardsie has done it already - Irish isn't an option for the phone language by default, what's the best way of getting the option there?

Grudaire wrote: »
    Just got my 1+ - very happy so far :)

Random question, but hoping a boardsie has done it already - Irish isn't an option for the phone language by default, what's the best way of getting the option there?

Android doesn't offer English (Ireland) it only offers English (United Kingdom) as our dictionary is more or less the exact same.

Android doesn't offer English (Ireland) it only offers English (United Kingdom) as our dictionary is more or less the exact same.

Think he means Gaeilge :)

Think he means Gaeilge :)

:confused:

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

:confused:

:eek:

Tiocfaidh ár 1+'s, etc :pac:

But yeah, looking for the language better known as 'compulsary Irish', there's a few suggestions online but thought I'd check here before trying anything else :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭efahey

Just got an email with an invite for oneplus one that i am not going to be taking up. Not sure how the transfer process works but if someone wants the invite let me know as you are welcome to have it

WHERE IS MY PHONE!? D:

Little update on this.. Not only was my phone accidentally shipped to Prague, but I was told it would be with me in about a day. I received that email on the 14th. It arrived in Prague this morning, and I just checked the shipping info again. It's now on it's way back to Germany.

Great first experience with mailboxde anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Mine at parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

efahey wrote: »
    Just got an email with an invite for oneplus one that i am not going to be taking up. Not sure how the transfer process works but if someone wants the invite let me know as you are welcome to have it

Me too but looks like it can't be shared? Anyone have any advise on this? I would love to use the invite but the time limit on it won't stretch to pay day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

the link can be shared, just dont post it here, best to offer it to someone or post on the invite thread, at least that way you will get a thanks
    just email to anyone you wish the clickable link. * the blue part that shows up. copy and paste that link to an email and you are away on a hack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

xtal191 wrote: »

Got this today, impressed with it.

Also got this, which I'm finding pretty good.

It's not "elegent leather" but I didn't think it was at that price, but it does a pretty good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Ordered on Monday night, arrived at lunchtime today (UK) :D

The feels of that back on the black version :O

I know cyanogen have said that it should get Lollipop within 90 days, has there been any more concrete news on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Ordered on Monday night, arrived at lunchtime today (UK) :D

The feels of that back on the black version :O

I know cyanogen have said that it should get Lollipop within 90 days, has there been any more concrete news on that?

Hope it's earlier than that. That is February.

Thanks lads, yep doing via command, get as far as fastboot and when I try to flash the .img it says it cant open, I'm on XP tho so am gonna try Windows 7 on the laptop now, hopefully just silly driver issues.

Just an update, got it working, had the recovery file double named to twrp.img.img :o

Have the bootloader unlocked, TWRP flashed and phone rooted :)

Now to just wait on the XDA guys to figure out why the COlorOS 2 flash keeps failing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just a question on the maildox.de
    Does it stay in the ready to send status for long?
    I paid yesterday and it's still there.... am I missing something or just wait?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Got an odd query
    i was checking my online banking account with AIB and noticed 22€ taken out on the weekend by VDP-ONE PLUS ONE C. I got this phone back in September and haven't paid for anything related to ONE PLUS ONE .
    I will go to AIB in the morning but just looking if anyone ever heard of this.
    I got the phone through the ONEPLUS site so don't think they'd steal from me

Edit!
    Went to a Chinese over the weekend that's called One Plus One Chinese Restaurant & Takeaway Ltd :D

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Just a question on the maildox.de
    Does it stay in the ready to send status for long?
    I paid yesterday and it's still there.... am I missing something or just wait?

Usually happens the same day but from their website:

2v8op3s.jpg

Google tells me that today is repentance day and Dresden (where mailboxde is located) is the capital of Saxony!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

KilOit wrote: »
    Edit!
    Went to a Chinese over the weekend that's called One Plus One Chinese Restaurant & Takeaway Ltd :D

Seriously??!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gabhan16

Has anyone used Parcel Motel via Royal Mail to get one? I have a Royal Mail tracking number but there's no information available on that, I ordered it last Tuesday.

If you didn't go for the express option as far as I remember royal mail will only tell you when it's been delivered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭gabhan16

digitaldr wrote: »
    If you didn't go for the express option as far as I remember royal mail will only tell you when it's been delivered.

Thought so, tracking number not much use then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

gabhan16 wrote: »
    Has anyone used Parcel Motel via Royal Mail to get one? I have a Royal Mail tracking number but there's no information available on that, I ordered it last Tuesday.

The tracking with Royal Mail only updates once its signed for by Parcel Motel. It's just as quick as the more expensive option though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

digitaldr wrote: »
    Usually happens the same day but from their website:

2v8op3s.jpg

Google tells me that today is repentance day and Dresden (where mailboxde is located) is the capital of Saxony!

Cheers, that was it all right.
    Mine's on the way now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭setanta1984

What is people's preference regarding the onscreen or capacitive buttons?

Coming from a Nexus I was fully converted to the onscreen buttons, but the extra screen real estate is very nice. But is it just me or are the physical buttons just a bit unresponsive? Finding a very small delay between touching the button and the action being executed.
    The back button being on the right is also very disconcerting!

Coming from a Nexus I was fully converted to the onscreen buttons, but the extra screen real estate is very nice. But is it just me or are the physical buttons just a bit unresponsive? Finding a very small delay between touching the button and the action being executed.

I've a Nexus4 but the onscreen buttons are hidden :) Love Paranoid Android

Hmm dunno about a delay, but I do find myself having to press twice sometimes, owing to their small sensor area. I use the capacitive buttons solely because it'd be a complete waste of bezel if I didn't. I'd have much preferred if they went for on screen buttons and made the phone shorter, but they didn't so meh. Maybe they'll ditch the capacitive buttons for the Oneplus Two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

I prefer the onscreen buttons. I have had a lg g2 and my button preferences were set that way so I'm used to it.

So no problems with the onscreen buttons for me. Also, I have it set so that dragging the home button to the bottom left puts the phone to sleep and dragging it to the bottom right takes a screenshot. Works perfectly even when on the lock screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

thomasj wrote: »
    I find it good. I have had a lg g3 and my button preferences were set that way so I'm used to it.

So no problems with the onscreen buttons for me. Also, I have it set so that dragging the home button to the bottom left puts the phone to sleep and dragging it to the bottom right takes a screenshot. Works perfectly even when on the lock screen.

How do you set that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How do you set that ?

Go to settings, then buttons and make sure "enable onscreen navbar" is ticked showing the onscreen buttons.

Click quick launch shortcuts and a black screen with a up sign displays. Hold the symbol down and 3 targets display. Drag it one of the targets and a list of actions display.

Pick whatever action you want and you can do it for all 3. Google now is default option for the centre but you can change it.

So when you want to do one of those quick actions , hold the home button. Down and drag it to that target that was set.

I prefer the onscreen buttons as the capacitive ones are too low down to reach comfortably & also hate having the back button on the right. The onscreen buttons do a good job of hiding the slight yellow band I have at the bottom of the screen (using the screen filter app too) . Not too bothered about the loss of screen real estate as I do a lot of reading and tend to scroll to keep things in the centre of the screen anyway. A lot of games/MEDIA player apps auto hide the onscreen buttons anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement