Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Danger781 wrote: »
    Only have it a few hours but on initial impressions, yes :D

My AUX cable won't fit... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

After reading the other comments was planning on getting one, but this would frustrate me alright.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    After reading the other comments was planning on getting one, but this would frustrate me alright.

My earphones fit fine, it's just the AUX cable is really chunky where the connector is. If I had a 'normal' size connector it would be fine, so it just means I need to buy a new cable..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Just do an eBay search for aux cable slim plug:

$_3.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

Maybe a stupid question, but what do you use the AUX cable for, music through stereo?

Thanks

johnb25 wrote: »
    Maybe a stupid question, but what do you use the AUX cable for, music through stereo?

Thanks

For the car, listening to some tunes while driving :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Lads aux? Its just a headphone jack :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Bluetooth ftw. Even something like this works well in the car.

Met someone with a one plus the other day.

Was bit like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

My earphones fit fine, it's just the AUX cable is really chunky where the connector is. If I had a 'normal' size connector it would be fine, so it just means I need to buy a new cable..

Ye that true thanks for that.

So did you go for the Ultra case or the cheaper/slimmer one?

I would rather the slimmer case myself I guess, but at the same time I want to make sure my new toy is protected as much as possible. I've smashed a few phones in the past.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Ye that true thanks for that.

So did you go for the Ultra case or the cheaper/slimmer one?

I would rather the slimmer case myself I guess, but at the same time I want to make sure my new toy is protected as much as possible. I've smashed a few phones in the past.

Got the Ultra, mainly for the thicker corners. Any extra protection is welcome :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

I got the official flip case for mine and it looks really good. Covers everything well without adding any major size.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tommybc

Would you recommend using mailboxde or parcel motel now since it's close to christmas?

tommybc wrote: »
    Would you recommend using mailboxde or parcel motel now since it's close to christmas?

Doesn't really make much difference.
    You'll save maybe 30 euro going with Mailbox but it'll a take a few extra compared to the parcel motel way.
    Either way you should have the phone within a week or 10 days.

sdowling04 wrote: »
    I got the official flip case for mine and it looks really good. Covers everything well without adding any major size.
    Looks like it is in the Black Friday sale:
    https://oneplus.net/blackfriday/

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Doesn't really make much difference.
    You'll save maybe 30 euro going with Mailbox but it'll a take a few extra compared to the parcel motel way.
    Either way you should have the phone within a week or 10 days.

I'll post up the tracking details from the opo I ordered via mailboxde later. Not a huge saving but enough to get a case and tempered glass screen protector. If you order from the UK they've started sending a proper 3 pin charger whereas if you order from Germany you'll get a 2 pin EU one - dealz etc do cheap adapters or use any old USB charger 2amp+ is best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Any dealz have them for 1€

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Yes, I finally got an invite. Will I get invites now that I have bought?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

edgecutter wrote: »
    Yes, I finally got an invite. Will I get invites now that I have bought?

Yep u should, I got one in a few days.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Just wondering what theme people are using?
    This theme thing is new to me and am looking for something slick looking, not a huge fan of the default one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I alternate between Holo and Empire theme (but with Holo fonts). Flux is another I use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

How long did it take for everyone's device to ship/ arrive to Parcel Motel? I ordered it on Sunday but I haven't heard anything since and it is still in listed as processing when I log in.

How long did it take for everyone's device to ship/ arrive to Parcel Motel? I ordered it on Sunday but I haven't heard anything since and it is still in listed as processing when I log in.

Ordered Thursday Night, just got notification in the last hour that it is leaving mailboxde via DHL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I gave away 3 on Reddit this morning because the 3 I gave out here weren't used.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 c_f

Thargor wrote: »
    I gave away 3 on Reddit this morning because the 3 I gave out here weren't used.

All 3 gone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I'll send you one now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 c_f

just got another one, thanks very much, tried messaging you back but it couldn't send

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I ordered last Saturday, got shipping email this morning and it was signed for in parcel motel in Belfast at 9am. It's still not on their system so not sure when it will arrive to me.

I HAVE NO PATIENCE!!!

I ordered last Saturday, got shipping email this morning and it was signed for in parcel motel in Belfast at 9am. It's still not on their system so not sure when it will arrive to me.

I HAVE NO PATIENCE!!!

If you're in Dublin you could have it tonight. Tomorrow probably more likely though.

I'm in Dublin and would have always got my Parcelmotel stuff the same day it was signed for in Belfast especially if it arrived there in the morning. You can get more detailed tracking info on their desktop site.

TechEssentials Accessory Bundle

Anyone tried this; £10 on Amazon.co.uk. Good value if quality reasonable.
    A great value bundle which includes everything you need for your new phone
    Protection - soft Gel Cover and screen protector
    Car accessories - a car charger and stay legal with a Multi-Mount 360
    Touch screen navigation - 2 in 1 Stylus pen which doubles as stylus to interact with your touch screen, as well as a ball point pen handy for when you need to jot down something on paper
    Display - The phone stand to display your phone at your desk

• Advertisement

Probably ok for the price but screen protectors are only plastic which I'd never go back to now that I have a glass one. Also no info on the car charger - wonder if it's rated high enough to keep an OPO charged while using gps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Anyone know where I'll find a good guide for rooting this phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

If you're in Dublin you could have it tonight. Tomorrow probably more likely though.

If it was signed by parcel motel at 9am you should have it tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anyone's videos really stretched?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

jozi wrote: »
    Anyone know where I'll find a good guide for rooting this phone?

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-one-how-to-unlock-bootloader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/

That guide above is good, easy to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

thomasj wrote: »

Mine was picked up wed morning and has been in transit since 10am yesterday.. I'm starting to get worried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why is my OPO pushing me to update every 5 minutes today? It only used to ask once after a reboot then never again but now every time I pick it up the update notification is back in the taskbar, Im not updating until Lollipop.

Nope :( It's in a parcel motel depot, possibly even the local one here but it wasn't delivered to the locker anyway. Anytime I have ordered stuff before it has always been delivered early in the morning so hopefully I'll have it tomorrow morning.

Nope :( It's in a parcel motel depot, possibly even the local one here but it wasn't delivered to the locker anyway. Anytime I have ordered stuff before it has always been delivered early in the morning so hopefully I'll have it tomorrow morning.

What's your parcel motel location?

What's your parcel motel location?

Waterford city

• Advertisement

Waterford city

Yeah will probably take longer. I was in Dublin and mine was delivered at 11pm when it went out around 12pm

I'm waiting for mine to be delivered by parcel Motel tonight as well. It's been in transit since 4pm.

Anytime I've ordered from PM, it is usually delivered by about 9pm so it might be tomorrow at this stage.

Got the text for Parcelmotel at midnight for my OPO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Thargor wrote: »
    Why is my OPO pushing me to update every 5 minutes today? It only used to ask once after a reboot then never again but now every time I pick it up the update notification is back in the taskbar, Im not updating until Lollipop.

Why won't you update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Anybody here pull the trigger on the Black Friday deal?
    No invite, etc.
    Missed out big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Anybody here pull the trigger on the Black Friday deal?
    No invite, etc.
    Missed out big time.

Yep, bought one for the wife.

I am very impressed with the opo so far. No faults found yet. I have being using cyanogen for years on my sgs and nexus phones anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

Hi there,

I am going to be getting my opo this week.

Is it easy enough to root it at the moment. Also if I do root it will it stay rooted after ota updates.

If it can be rooted it will be the first thing which iI will do.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

megapixel wrote: »
    Mine was picked up wed morning and has been in transit since 10am yesterday.. I'm starting to get worried

Arrived at 6am this morning in Maynooth. :rolleyes:

Mine has been in transit with Parcel Motel since 4pm yesterday. Based in Dublin so it's strange that it is taking so long as packages have always previously been delivered on the same day that they were received in the depot in Dublin.

Starting to get a tad concerned too.

• Advertisement

Hi there,

I am going to be getting my opo this week.

Is it easy enough to root it at the moment. Also if I do root it will it stay rooted after ota updates.

If it can be rooted it will be the first thing which iI will do.

Thanks

I rooted mine first thing out of the box, then had a few OTA updates and had to do it again :rolleyes:

Advertisement