Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 glitterslut

So after scouring the internet for an invite for weeks I got on on Thursday night, payday was Friday morning so hey ho, was just going to buy it when I woke up... woke up to it being publicly available! Just my fcuking luck! So anyway I bought it at 9 am, express shipping, two cases and a tempered glass screen protecter, cost the guts of €400... do you guys think i'll have it next week? Or the week after? I'm cautious because I bought it when it was publicly available.

ALSO, I'd just like to ask people who've had it a few months now at this stage, how's the battery so far after a few months of use? I'm a bit... okay very much so a power user, never leave the house without the charger/backup charger for my iPhone 4S, so this will definitely be an improvement yes?

About rooting, would you guys say it's necessary to get the best experience from the OPO? I read about making the DPI smaller for you could see more screen etc, does rooting and using different roms make the phone lag/unstable?

Thanks in advance ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Express shipping was a waste it's no quicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 glitterslut

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Express shipping was a waste it's no quicker.

I only did it really because of the timeframe in which I ordered, just as a precaution... if it meant my OPO could POSSIBLE get here a little quicker, it was worth the extra few euro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

So after scouring the internet for an invite for weeks I got on on Thursday night, payday was Friday morning so hey ho, was just going to buy it when I woke up... woke up to it being publicly available! Just my fcuking luck! So anyway I bought it at 9 am, express shipping, two cases and a tempered glass screen protecter, cost the guts of €400... do you guys think i'll have it next week? Or the week after? I'm cautious because I bought it when it was publicly available.

ALSO, I'd just like to ask people who've had it a few months now at this stage, how's the battery so far after a few months of use? I'm a bit... okay very much so a power user, never leave the house without the charger/backup charger for my iPhone 4S, so this will definitely be an improvement yes?

About rooting, would you guys say it's necessary to get the best experience from the OPO? I read about making the DPI smaller for you could see more screen etc, does rooting and using different roms make the phone lag/unstable?

Thanks in advance ;)

Battery is huge. Will make your 4S looks silly.

Rooting is never a necessity, but if you like to play with your device, modify things, and generally have more control on what you can do.. then rooting is recommended :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

That was the one I followed. I had some trouble with drivers and the device not recognising. Also the last step didnt work for me but there was an option in twrp or supersu to root so I did that and it seems to have worked now. Adblock, avast antitheft and xposed modules here I come :P

• Advertisement

Anyone using ART instead of DALVIK? Tried changing over, phone reboots as normal though instead of loading all aps.

I had it before rooting. Wondering what might cause it not to work? Only difference now is root and I installed xposed framework, avast anti theft, seaway and nothing else that needs root.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

jozi wrote: »
    Anyone using ART instead of DALVIK? Tried changing over, phone reboots as normal though instead of loading all aps.

I had it before rooting. Wondering what might cause it not to work? Only difference now is root and I installed xposed framework, avast anti theft, seaway and nothing else that needs root.

I believe there was a problem with ART & xposed framework. But I thought it was solved at this point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Why won't you update?
    Waiting for Lolipop, like the 48 hour battery I get with 25R, has there been any real reason to update since? Haven't really been following. Ive never had a single bug with 25R.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭DA7800

(Woo! First post!)

Hey everybody, I've been following this thread for a while, and I was just wondering if anyone with experience ordering from mailboxde can give me some advice?

I have the phone ordered and the order status is complete. The tracking number shows it sitting in Gatwick airport and it should be en-route to Zittau from tomorrow.

What I need help deciding is whether I should forward it to Parcel Motel or to my house. I'm not worried about the price, as it works out at about the same (the cost of Parcel Motel is covered by cheaper UPS delivery to the UK). I'm also not worried about waiting an extra few days.

What I am worried about is missing the delivery if it is delivered to my house. Is it worth the wait for the convenience of being able to pick it up from a Parcel Motel? And if I got it sent to my house instead, does anybody know what would happen if I missed the delivery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

DA7800 wrote: »
    (Woo! First post!)

Hey everybody, I've been following this thread for a while, and I was just wondering if anyone with experience ordering from mailboxde can give me some advice?

I have the phone ordered and the order status is complete. The tracking number shows it sitting in Gatwick airport and it should be en-route to Zittau from tomorrow.

What I need help deciding is whether I should forward it to Parcel Motel or to my house. I'm not worried about the price, as it works out at about the same (the cost of Parcel Motel is covered by cheaper UPS delivery to the UK). I'm also not worried about waiting an extra few days.

What I am worried about is missing the delivery if it is delivered to my house. Is it worth the wait for the convenience of being able to pick it up from a Parcel Motel? And if I got it sent to my house instead, does anybody know what would happen if I missed the delivery?

Hi,

Mine is currently in transit from Zittau direct to my house with DHL, and I am wondering the same thing. Did not think of the German and PM combined options. The one downside I can see is that there is possibly more scope for problems with an extra hand-off, but I think that is small. Had I though of it I would have done the PM option.

John

• Advertisement

Simi wrote: »
    I believe there was a problem with ART & xposed framework. But I thought it was solved at this point?

I wonder is it something I did or didn't do that's causing an issue.

Don't suppose you have any experience with xblast? I'm trying to get the notifications with xlocky but its not working for me.

I quite like the android L lock screen notifications. Have a pattern unlock enabled as well if it matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭The Governor

I wonder is it something I did or didn't do that's causing an issue.

Don't suppose you have any experience with xblast? I'm trying to get the notifications with xlocky but its not working for me.

I quite like the android L lock screen notifications. Have a pattern unlock enabled as well if it matters.

Are you getting Android L notifcations on your One? What app are you using that works with the pattern unlock?

Are you getting Android L notifcations on your One? What app are you using that works with the pattern unlock?

I'm not getting them at least not through xblast. I tried a few this morning though and ultimate lollipop lockscreen worked the most to my liking but it's not quite perfect.

I also seem to have two battery icons. One is a circle the other a battery ---- never mind sorted this, it was a xblast setting

DA7800 wrote: »
    (Woo! First post!)

It looks like DHL are using An Post for delivery in Ireland, so will be a PO collection.
    Sat, 29.11.2014 01:05 h Köln, Germany
    The shipment will be transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Homepage / online shipment tracking: http://track.anpost.ie/track/trackone.html)

Don't know if this is the same for all DHL deliveries, or just depending on where in the country the delivery is.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭irishchris

Flashed lollipop by liquidsmooth today and have to say is excellent so far. Really like the notifications improvements.

I was tempted by that but decided to stay stock and make a few improvements using exposed installer and some apps. I'm not sure I like the new pull down menu in lolliepop but I do like the lockscreen notifications and banner when you receive something

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Dad11

Samsung Galaxy Ace

Hi all.

My wife's phone above seems to have synced with two other phones as her searches are showing up on her nephews phone and her brother in laws phone. Strange huh. Anyone have any ideas?

I was tempted by that but decided to stay stock and make a few improvements using exposed installer and some apps. I'm not sure I like the new pull down menu in lolliepop but I do like the lockscreen notifications and banner when you receive something

I kinda like the pull down menu as with the one plus one it was a stretch to hold the phone and use my thumb to reach the left hand side of the screen for notifications. Now I find it easier to select them and settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭DA7800

johnb25 wrote: »
    It looks like DHL are using An Post for delivery in Ireland, so will be a PO collection.
    Sat, 29.11.2014 01:05 h Köln, Germany
    The shipment will be transported to the destination country and, from there, handed over to the delivery organization. (Homepage / online shipment tracking:

Don't know if this is the same for all DHL deliveries, or just depending on where in the country the delivery is.

John

Thanks for the info, knowing that it'll be handed over to An Post puts me at ease. At least if I miss it when it does come, I know I can pick it up relatively quickly. As you said before, it's probably less hassle to avoid any problems that could occur during handover if I went with Parcel Motel. Just have to wait for it to get to Germany and back now!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

sdowling04 wrote: »
    I got the official flip case for mine and it looks really good. Covers everything well without adding any major size.

Just wondering if you bought this off oneplus site. I can't seem to buy it there.

• Advertisement

Jomcc wrote: »
    Just wondering if you bought this off oneplus site. I can't seem to buy it there.

It is available on the OPPO site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Grr I got the yellow tint at the bottom. Any fix other than send it back. What themes are good?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Anyone need an invite?

PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

irishgeo wrote: »
    Grr I got the yellow tint at the bottom. Any fix other than send it back. What themes are good?

Damn it! You had to say it. *Checks to see if yellow tint is still there* Yep!

I hadn't thought about it in months. It fades away after a while & becomes completely unnoticeable unless you go looking for it. If you think it's going to bother you send it back. It never fully goes seat. I honestly don't see it anymore.

I like Flux. Currently using Britzer because it has more customised icons, but I prefer Flux.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I had the yellow tint when I got the OPO initially. I completely forgot about it after a day or two and looking at it now, it's completely gone.
    There was an update to change the colour temperature which may have helped but I'm struggling to find any yellow hue on the screen any-more.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

On the yellow tint thing, we have two 2013 Nexus 7s at home. One of them has a slight yellowish tinge at the bottom, but only really noticeable if you go looking for it on a white page with low brightness.

If that's what it's like on the OPO, I wouldn't be worrying about it.

I know most will find it pointless but thought it was a fun idea for android to add it into lollipop. Press settings>about phone>>tap android version 5 times>tap lollipop 5 times then keep your finger pressed on the lolipop and SURPRISE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

irishchris wrote: »
    I know most will find it pointless but thought it was a fun idea for android to add it into lollipop. Press settings>about phone>>tap android version 5 times>tap lollipop 5 times then keep your finger pressed on the lolipop and SURPRISE

Welcome to a month ago if not more.

Welcome to a month ago if not more.

Thank you for your inciteful post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Ah now lads, put down the sticks and walk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

I have this for a few weeks and have a couple of questions.

How do you take a self screenshot? In ios it was home and power button. I have no idea what it is for android.

Any known issues with tethering with 02 freedom internet plan? Hidden charges etc.
    I have read the t&c and it says the plan is not suitable for tethering but it works just fine. I guess it is ok until the data cap is reached.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

I have this for a few weeks and have a couple of questions.

How do you take a self screenshot? In ios it was home and power button. I have no idea what it is for android.

Any known issues with tethering with 02 freedom internet plan? Hidden charges etc.
    I have read the t&c and it says the plan is not suitable for tethering but it works just fine. I guess it is ok until the data cap is reached.

Screen shot is the lock button and Volume down button at the same time. It can be a bot annoying. I usually end up turning the volume down by accident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Go Into settings/buttons/power menu and you can just use the power button to screenshot. Bit handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Go Into settings/buttons/power menu and you can just use the power button to screenshot. Bit handier.

Jesus that has made me happier than it should. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

how to take a selfie with this phone?

• Advertisement

44463923.jpg?w=620

You can use the volume buttons to take a pic, might have to enable it in settings first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

2 questions.

1. In the SMS messages app, the contact names are not showing for some messages , despite the name and number being in the poeple app?

2. Anyone to reduce the size of the AOSP keyboard, it seems to take over the screen when it launches espically in landscape mode.

BenEadir wrote: »
    Just bought one of these which are supposed to work perfectly with the OPO even with a case on it, I'll report back if it does. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JLG0ZD6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mate is there a case for the OPO that I won't need to remove in order to put the phone in the dock? I'm feeling rather silly as I purchased a Diztronic (in addition to my TUDIA bumper) and that's too big as well.

Anyone here have an OPO and use the on-screen nav buttons instead of the capacitive ones?

If so, could you answer the following:

When you view apps in full-screen mode, e.g. in YouTube or some PDF readers, do the buttons disappear as on Nexus devices?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I'm finding it takes a couple of presses to unlock the phone, or I have to be very firm with it.

Anyone else finding the same? Maybe I'm not not pressing if enough, but seems to happen me a lot. Never noticed it on my N4.

Assume there is no fix, or its not broken and I'll just have to adjust!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    I'm finding it takes a couple of presses to unlock the phone, or I have to be very firm with it.

Anyone else finding the same? Maybe I'm not not pressing if enough, but seems to happen me a lot. Never noticed it on my N4.

Assume there is no fix, or its not broken and I'll just have to adjust!

I dont have that problem, but rarely use the side unlock button.

Double tap to wake all the way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I dont have that problem, but rarely use the side unlock button.

Double tap to wake all the way!

Good idea, I've just turned that on so I'll see how I get on with it.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

munkee wrote: »
    Anyone here have an OPO and use the on-screen nav buttons instead of the capacitive ones?

If so, could you answer the following:

When you view apps in full-screen mode, e.g. in YouTube or some PDF readers, do the buttons disappear as on Nexus devices?

Thanks

Yes but sometimes they're only masked by a black band and 3 very faint white dots - you can always get rid of this by holding down the power button and enabling extended desktop.

irishgeo wrote: »
    2 questions.

1. In the SMS messages app, the contact names are not showing for some messages , despite the name and number being in the poeple app?

2. Anyone to reduce the size of the AOSP keyboard, it seems to take over the screen when it launches espically in landscape mode.

1. Just get yourself a decent sms app like chomp sms and spend some time configuring it.

2. I use SwiftKey much better than the stock keyboard.

digitaldr wrote: »
    Yes but sometimes they're only masked by a black band and 3 very faint white dots - you can always get rid of this by holding down the power button and enabling extended desktop.

If you do that, do they disappear in fullscreen, but come back when not in fullscreen?

YouTube always hides the buttons but some apps eg RTE player don't:

2pqwg79.png

Here's a video of expanded desktop in action.

Thanks for that.

Just to be clear, without expanded desktop, watching say YouTube, the buttons disappear in fullscreen, is that right?

I'm a fan of the behaviour of the onscreen buttons on stock Android, that's basically what I'm trying to figure out- if the behaviour is the same if you have on screen buttons.

munkee wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

Just to be clear, without expanded desktop, watching say YouTube, the buttons disappear in fullscreen, is that right?

Yep that's right but appearances for some other apps eg RTE player as above. In expanded desktop you have to swipe up in portrait or from the side in landscape to get the buttons to appear. Personally I don't like the capacitive buttons - too dim, back button on the wrong side and too low down to reach comfortably.

Cheers, that's what I was trying to establish. I have two Nexus devices at home, so don't want to have to have to switch modes using the OPO.

I'm not a fan of the capacitive buttons- mainly because as you say they follow the (wrong) approach of Samsung, with the back button on the right.

I guess that's a legacy of Cyanogenmod, as the most popular devices they develop for are Samsung. Smaller bezels are becoming more popular, I hope they ditch the buttons for the OnePlus 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 silkey

I'm using a pattern to unlock the phone and am wondering is there a way to turn Bluetooth on/off without having to unlock the phone? Similar to press and hold power button will give an option to turn airplane mode on/off

• Advertisement
Advertisement