Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

OK, I have two desktop chargers for the OPO,

This one http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JLG0ZD6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00 for €12 delivered and this one http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-New-Arrive-Black-Desktop-Data-Sync-Charging-Cradle-Dock-Station-for-HTC-ONE-M8-Freeshipping/1828701078.html for €3 delivered.

They are 100% identical in every way and both work fine. I have one on my bedside locker and one on my desk. Both can accommodate a Tudia bumper case http://www.amazon.co.uk/TUDIA-Slim-Fit-CYGEN-Protective-OnePlus/dp/B00NJBVHIG/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1417698661&sr=1-2&keywords=tudia+oneplus+one by simply removing the removable insert which covers the micro usb connector.

The €3 dock took about 3 weeks to arrive using the free post option.

Hope that helps people looking for a dock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

silkey wrote: »
    I'm using a pattern to unlock the phone and am wondering is there a way to turn Bluetooth on/off without having to unlock the phone? Similar to press and hold power button will give an option to turn airplane mode on/off

If you're rooted you can edit the power menu

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Is there anyway of getting an ad blocker for chrome? Or is there a browser to Download that has one automatically installed? Trying to stream from certain sites is a pain in the testicals!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Is there anyway of getting an ad blocker for chrome? Or is there a browser to Download that has one automatically installed? Trying to stream from certain sites is a pain in the testicals!

Javelin has an ad blocker built in.

If you're rooted download adaway it's brilliant one of the main reasons I root phones.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Javelin has an ad blocker built in.

If you're rooted download adaway it's brilliant one of the main reasons I root phones.

Not rooted but strongly considering it purely for the adblocker. I'll give javelin a go and see what it's like. Streaming games is impossible as it is. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 silkey

Danger781 wrote: »
    If you're rooted you can edit the power menu

Thanks for that. I'm not sure i want to root to be honest. Happy enough to work away as it is.
    Any way without rooting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

BenEadir wrote: »

This one http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00JLG0ZD6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00 for €12 delivered and this one http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2014-New-Arrive-Black-Desktop-Data-Sync-Charging-Cradle-Dock-Station-for-HTC-ONE-M8-Freeshipping/1828701078.html for €3 delivered.

They are 100% identical in every way and both work fine. I have one on my bedside locker and one on my desk. Both can accommodate a Tudia bumper case http://www.amazon.co.uk/TUDIA-Slim-Fit-CYGEN-Protective-OnePlus/dp/B00NJBVHIG/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1417698661&sr=1-2&keywords=tudia+oneplus+one by simply removing the removable insert which covers the micro usb connector.

Thanks for that, just ordered the €3 option. How does it fare in regards to charging speed though? I have 2 cables that charge as fast as the red Oneplus cable and 2 that are slower, does it charge at the same speed in that dock?

lol I had no idea there was a removable insert!! Brilliant now it fits with the case on....bit wobbly though. :D

What is that Tudia case like? I have the OnePlus case with the flap screen and I've been in the market to switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Finally got my repaired one plus back for the missus.
    It was sent for repair at the start of October.
    Final cost for repair 175 euro..
    120 to Lenteen, 25 shipping to get it back to them and 30 euro customs.
    Didnt pay customs when I bought the phone but they charged be on the repair?

Got an invoice from Lenteen, seeimngly I can claim the money back.
    Looks like they replaced the bezel/surround on the phone aswell as the screen.

All my data was wiped though, family photos etc.
    I couldnt back them up as the touch on the screen was knackered when the phone dropped.

Bought a tudia case for my phone as I am paranoid that the same will happen to mine, feel a bit safer with the tudia case..

sham69 wrote: »

I couldnt back them up as the touch on the screen was knackered when the phone dropped.

Bought a tudia case for my phone as I am paranoid that the same will happen to mine, feel a bit safer with the tudia case..

Shouldn't need to pay customs at all, especially when it's a repair. Definitely look into claiming back the money. Also as for the data wiping, no repair company will even touch the phone without wiping it first. Privacy, data protection, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

is there a simple guide anywhere as to how to root this, due to get one tomorrow and want to root it after i check to see if there are any updates due.

thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

Anyone here had touchscreen issues? I've been following this a bit, and a user on the OPO forums has an interesting video demonstrating what he believes is the cause: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/touchscreen-issues-caused-by-static-electricity-demo-and-proof.193169/

is there a simple guide anywhere as to how to root this, due to get one tomorrow and want to root it after i check to see if there are any updates due.

thanks,

There's an application you can download over at XDA - It's pretty much a 'Next, next, next' GUI so it's very straightforward. Can't access it at work so you will need to find it yourself :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Of only I know there was a tool kit for rooting!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/development/toolbox-oneplus-one-toolbox-t2808987 

I used a root good from xda but you might as well give the tool kit above a go.

• Advertisement

thanks i will give that a go tomorrow.

the toolbox is up to version4 now, but should be similar process

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Interesting post from an OPO employee answering some of the negative rumours that have been doing the rounds lately. You've got to hand it to them their communication is A1 and better than most phone makers.

i got my phone today - only issue is that the case i ordered was not shipped.

according to the invoice it should be in the package, but it was missing. has this happened to anyone else

thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 16 glitterslut

Just got my phone today, flip case, clear case, charger and tempered glass screen protector were all in the parcel, phone is absolutely glorious in comparison to my iPhone 4S. I can't believe I never made the change earlier!

Although, the bag my order was in was completely torn open but none of the boxes seals were broke and all items were in the package, but I could easily pull the charger/screen protector/cases out of the hole in the bag....

35% charge lasted me 3 hours of constant screen-on time, with full brightness, slow motion recording, wifi on, music playing, taking pictures, tweeting constantly. SO IMPRESSED. Chuffed with this phone. It's on charge now, going up about 1% a minute! Ahhhhh I'm in love.

So lads, it's been a long time since I've used android, what are the essential apps? I have the basics like social media, AIB & dublin bus... but I wanna experience what I've been missing out on in the apps department with iOS! Suggestions please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

sham69 wrote: »

couldnt you back them up via usb

• Advertisement

Probably needs the screen to tell it to connect as USB storage...

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shaun Plays Games

Anyone know of a place in ireland to get them repaired? Oneplus have the worst customer service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

How are vodafone users managing with the OPO? I understand it doesn't support 4G on vodafone, did you transfer to O2 or Three to get 4G, or did you stick with 3G?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Shouldn't need to pay customs at all, especially when it's a repair.
    Don't think it matters what you are purchasing from China, be it a new device, parts or a service such as a repair, if you pay them for something it's chargeable to customs and VAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

How are vodafone users managing with the OPO? I understand it doesn't support 4G on vodafone, did you transfer to O2 or Three to get 4G, or did you stick with 3G?

Managing fine on 3g with Vodafone. Tend to get decent speeds on H+ when out and about. With decent HSPA+ and WiFi I don't have the urge to move to 4g even though Vodafone have the 4g option included in my monthly plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

Managing fine on 3g with Vodafone. Tend to get decent speeds on H+ when out and about. With decent HSPA+ and WiFi I don't have the urge to move to 4g even though Vodafone have the 4g option included in my monthly plan.

Thanks for the input, what kind of download speeds would you be hitting on 3G?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Thanks for the input, what kind of download speeds would you be hitting on 3G?

10-20 Mbps around the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Just got mine, and had an absolute panic. I'd cut my SIM down myself a while ago, and is now a nano-SIM. Used the Nano tray, and it didn't read the SIM. Took the tray out, and the SIM didn't come out with it. Tried to work it loose with the ejector tool (hope I haven't damaged the SIM pins) for ages, and it wouldn't budge past a certain point. Eventually got it out using this; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY2MfD-b2UY

Ordered a new Micro SIM from Tesco Mobile, hopefully i haven't ****ed up any connectors and it'll actually work this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

That's a bummer. Did you put it in the right way up ie chip facing the back of the phone.

Yep, sure did. It hadn't fit perfectly into the nano SIM tray (it was slightly too small), and just stayed lodged in when I took the tray out. Cutting off a bit of plastic from the screen cover and wedging that in behind the SIM in the slot DID eventually get it out. If I'd just done that first time I wouldn't be worried at all, but I'd initially tried getting it out using the ejector pin thing that came with the phone. I don't think I broke anything off, just hoping I didn't damage it at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

digitaldr wrote: »
    Interesting post from an OPO employee answering some of the negative rumours that have been doing the rounds lately. You've got to hand it to them their communication is A1 and better than most phone makers.

Their communication appears open and transparent, but if you spend a bit of time on the forums, there are lots of users very unhappy with problems not being resolved and complaining about those seemingly open posts.

The touchscreen issue is one that seems endemic, and OP seem to be ignoring it, apart from a few 'we're listening' posts.

Touch 1

Touch 2

Touch 3

Yep, sure did. It hadn't fit perfectly into the nano SIM tray (it was slightly too small), and just stayed lodged in when I took the tray out. Cutting off a bit of plastic from the screen cover and wedging that in behind the SIM in the slot DID eventually get it out. If I'd just done that first time I wouldn't be worried at all, but I'd initially tried getting it out using the ejector pin thing that came with the phone. I don't think I broke anything off, just hoping I didn't damage it at all.

Should I be using a micro or nano sim

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Should I be using a micro or nano sim

Thanks

micro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

micro

Are they not sending both micro and nano sim trays out with phones now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Fair point, but generally the only other phones to use nano are iphones so it's probably as handy to jsut stick with micro

Unplugged my OnePlus from the charger at half 7 this morning, used it normally at work all day, its still on 80% now, crazy stuff. And Lollipop promises to be even better on the battery...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

My battery is nothing like that. 1day and sometime 12hrs seems to be as good as I get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Thargor wrote: »
    Unplugged my OnePlus from the charger at half 7 this morning, used it normally at work all day, its still on 80% now, crazy stuff. And Lollipop promises to be even better on the battery...

Are you on 25r?

They are, but seems they only support Micro, i.e. if you use the Nano tray and it ****s up the SIM reader, it's voided the warranty.

Also; got a proper micro SIM from Tesco Mobile, and it works/I haven't destroyed my phone!

• Advertisement

Mourinho wrote: »
    Are you on 25r?
    Yep, even though it asks me to update once a day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Thargor wrote: »
    Yep, even though it asks me to update once a day.

Thought so, seems to be still the best rated version.

I recently reinstalled 33r manually after trying a custom ROM and eventually settled on 38r, I found with 44s I kept losing signal and had to reboot to get it back.

I'm on 44S and haven't noticed any problems, mobile data on 24/7 with some relatively heavy usage today and I'm at 45%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm on 44S and never had any problems. I always update manually to latest version once released and have never had any problems with any version except one reboot but I think that was the app popcorn time as it was downloading a movie for me when it happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

I'm on 44S and haven't noticed any problems, mobile data on 24/7 with some relatively heavy usage today and I'm at 45%

I find 44s absolutely fine for daily use. The lock ups of 38R are gone and Chrome crashes maybe once every few days when playing embedded videos or the like. Very stable. Still the kernel needs work. The default Balanced profile, scales down the CPU too aggressively, causing jumpy framerates in games & noticeable stuttering in the UI. I'm tempted to create a customized profile based on the performance setting, but I shouldn't have to!

I still fully reboot my phone every 2 or 3 days just as a precaution, to ensure no niggling problems creep back in. But I'm not sure it's necessary now.

Simi wrote: »
    I find 44s absolutely fine for daily use. The lock ups of 38R are gone and Chrome crashes maybe once every few days when playing embedded videos or the like. Very stable. Still the kernel needs work. The default Balanced profile, scales down the CPU too aggressively, causing jumpy framerates in games & noticeable stuttering in the UI. I'm tempted to create a customized profile based on the performance setting, but I shouldn't have to!

I still fully reboot my phone every 2 or 3 days just as a precaution, to ensure no niggling problems creep back in. But I'm not sure it's necessary now.

Yeah I haven't looked into flashing a custom kernel on this phone yet, but I was running franco quite happily on my N4

• Advertisement

hi folks,

does anyone have an address that I can return the phone to. the phone will not pick up my sim card (either nano or micro)

really hope that it is not going to be too much grief but the signs are not good. I logged a ticket with them on Saturday that the case I ordered was not in the package and there has been no reply from them as of yet.

thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 27 PeeDawg

I had the same issue when I got nine first. In network settings it was set to 4G(reccommended),

Switch it to 3G and you should start to pick up signal.

FYI I am on meteor with a micro sim.

Hope this works!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 PeeDawg

And I am picking up H+ which is like 3.5G if I am not mistaken.

PeeDawg wrote: »
    I had the same issue when I got nine first. In network settings it was set to 4G(reccommended),

Hope this works!

mine currently say no sim detected. did you have something like that

PeeDawg wrote: »

Hope this works!

mine currently says no sim detected. did you have something like that

• Advertisement
Advertisement