Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Might sound silly but make sure you've the sim in the right way.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Might sound silly but make sure you've the sim in the right way.

not silly at all - but the sim only fits in one way.

tried it myself and someone from the 3 store tried as well

really frustrating, have to get a new sim to put into my old phone, so will be without any phone for at least another day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

not silly at all - but the sim only fits in one way.

tried it myself and someone from the 3 store tried as well

really frustrating, have to get a new sim to put into my old phone, so will be without any phone for at least another day

The tray will go in either way. I've done it myself before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi all,

I've been on 44S since it was released and the phone has been performing flawlessly until yesterday when I was surprised to see my battery at 30% around lunchtime when I usually expect to see it around 70%.

I looked at the battery consumption at 12:15 today (six hours after a full charge with modest use) and it was down to 39% with Android OS using 26% which I know is high.

Anyone got any ideas as to what might be causing it? I can't recall installing any new apps in the last few days.

10rqmq1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You should get a new sim for the Oneplus aswell and try that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

PeeDawg wrote: »
    I had the same issue when I got nine first. In network settings it was set to 4G(reccommended),

Switch it to 3G and you should start to pick up signal.

FYI I am on meteor with a micro sim.

Hope this works!

I'm on meteor and haven't had any issues . getting lte most of the time if not I get H+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Thinking of moving to 3, what kinda speeds do people here get off 4g with the oneplus one?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 PeeDawg

thomasj wrote: »
    I'm on meteor and haven't had any issues . getting lte most of the time if not I get H+

Now that I think of it I don't have a 4G plan. Have a pretty good payg plan that the girl in the meteor store said I should stick with because if you are getting pretty good H+ then there is not much of a need for 4G.

What do you think of 4G? Is it that good?

Three 4G is very good alright, laptop tethered to my phone at the parents the other night was indistinguishable from my UPC connection in dublin, instant Youtube etc, then again I wouldnt pay anything extra for it if they take it away, H+ very good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    The tray will go in either way. I've done it myself before.

ok - it was \ is me. I was putting in the sim card the wrong way around. put it in the right way reboot and all is well.

search youtube
    OnePlus One UK Version - How to insert the SIM card

huge thanks to everyone here.

now to sort out the issue of the missing case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

xtal191 wrote: »
    Thinking of moving to 3, what kinda speeds do people here get off 4g with the oneplus one?

I have tested 4g on 3 in Galway on the OPO, with 2 bars I got 30mb, I've tested it other times and not gotten as much, but its fast

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

North Co. Dublin on Three's 4g

873998757.png

Thats mad, Ill probably never sign up to UPC again when I move houses, another few years we should all have crazy speeds for a tenner a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

BenEadir wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've been on 44S since it was released and the phone has been performing flawlessly until yesterday when I was surprised to see my battery at 30% around lunchtime when I usually expect to see it around 70%.

I looked at the battery consumption at 12:15 today (six hours after a full charge with modest use) and it was down to 39% with Android OS using 26% which I know is high.

Anyone got any ideas as to what might be causing it? I can't recall installing any new apps in the last few days.

An app update maybe instead has caused it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Danger781 wrote: »
    I'm on 44S and haven't noticed any problems, mobile data on 24/7 with some relatively heavy usage today and I'm at 45%
    I'm on 44S and never had any problems. I always update manually to latest version once released and have never had any problems with any version except one reboot but I think that was the app popcorn time as it was downloading a movie for me when it happened.
    Simi wrote: »
    I find 44s absolutely fine for daily use. The lock ups of 38R are gone and Chrome crashes maybe once every few days when playing embedded videos or the like. Very stable. Still the kernel needs work. The default Balanced profile, scales down the CPU too aggressively, causing jumpy framerates in games & noticeable stuttering in the UI. I'm tempted to create a customized profile based on the performance setting, but I shouldn't have to!

I still fully reboot my phone every 2 or 3 days just as a precaution, to ensure no niggling problems creep back in. But I'm not sure it's necessary now.

Yeah seems to be hot and miss with issues it seems, on older versions lads complained of issues and I never had them so I dunno :P

https: //forums.oneplus.net/threads/44s-major-battery-drain-cell-connectivity-issue.174207/

http: //forum.cyanogenmod.org/topic/101831-44s-connectionreception-worse-than-38r/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Glad I never updated and still on 25R, according to battery monitor I still only have an idle drain of around -7 mah.

@Ben, AFAIK there's an app that'll tell you how much juice each running app is using, you should be able to find the culprit with that. Not sure what the app is called, doesn't seem to be a feature in battery monitor widget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Still no update on my order, I ordered a week ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Ive sent a mp3 file by bluetooth to my phone from laptop and im looking to use it as a ringtone. The file is in 'my drive' at the moment how to i get it into ringtones??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

You will have to download a file browser like this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en

When you go change the ring tine click the file browser option instead of the media explorer and then navigate to where ever the file is stored

• Advertisement

jozi wrote: »
    You will have to download a file browser like this one: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en

When you go change the ring tine click the file browser option instead of the media explorer and then navigate to where ever the file is stored

Thanks for the reply. Done it with file manager in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

I ordered after midnight of the 3rd of December and I just checked it a second ago and it has finally changed to 'processing'. So hold tight people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭DA7800

Hi everybody, I got my phone today! Very impressed so far, just a few questions:

1. Does anybody else have problems with USSD codes? I don't seem to be able to check my credit, send a "call me" text, etc. Any solutions?

2. Is there any place to find a variety of free themes? I don't really want to purchase any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/themes-for-free-free-freeee-tips-tricks.201310/

The above isn't working for me but it might work for someone here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Can I use NFC tags with out the need to have the phone unlocked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

irishgeo wrote: »
    Can I use NFC tags with out the need to have the phone unlocked?

No apparently not which is a pain in the ar$e. For security reasons the phone has to be unlocked, it's an Android/NFC protocol i believe.

Kind of makes NFC more hassle than its worth for me as i wanted to just tap a tag getting into my car etc to switch on Bluetooth etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/themes-for-free-free-freeee-tips-tricks.201310/

The above isn't working for me but it might work for someone here.

I tried that and it worked. I wonder his long before they close that back door.

How do you access the screen which allows you to scroll between multi screens that you have last visited?? You can then select which one by just tapping the screen which will bring you direct to that app, page you were on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Go to homescreen, press and hold bottom left button.

On the subject of the battery life; I seem to get about 16-20 hours off of one charge (not particularly heavy use), which seems a bit less than some people. Or is that normal enough?

BenEadir wrote: »
    No apparently not which is a pain in the ar$e. For security reasons the phone has to be unlocked, it's an Android/NFC protocol i believe.

Kind of makes NFC more hassle than its worth for me as i wanted to just tap a tag getting into my car etc to switch on Bluetooth etc.

exactly what i want it for.

is that not what cyanogenmod is for to break protocols, i mean they tweak a whole lot of settings that google surely doesn't approve of.

edit: this could be interesting for when opo gets lollipop.

http://www.talkandroid.com/guides/android-lollipop-guides/how-to-setup-trusted-devices-on-android-lollipop-to-automatically-unlock-your-phone-or-tablet/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

JonnyM wrote: »
    How do you access the screen which allows you to scroll between multi screens that you have last visited?? You can then select which one by just tapping the screen which will bring you direct to that app, page you were on.

If you go into settings and then buttons you can change the behaviour of the menu button. By default you long press for recent apps but you can change it to a short press also.

• Advertisement

NTC wrote: »
    I tried that and it worked. I wonder his long before they close that back door.

Yep it worked for me too. Good options there, I love the barcelona theme the best out if the lot!

That or the flux would be the best two themes for me.

The android lollipop theme looks a bit of a mess, those colours just don't work for me. I hope it what's to come with android lollipop

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lordstilton

I don't suppose anyone has an invite to spare? Galaxy s4 went today and
    Its august till I'm due an upgrade...really like to get this phone.. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

I don't suppose anyone has an invite to spare? Galaxy s4 went today and Its august till I'm due an upgrade...really like to get this phone.. Thanks

try this thread.I'm not allowed post links yet so just remove the spaces :

Boards.ie: Oneplus Invite *Read 1st post - http:// touch. boards.ie/thread/ 2057251489

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lordstilton

Much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Dropped phone for the first time this evening and phone smashed completely. Anyone had any experience with oneplus repairs that could give estimate of process/time/cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Dropped my on 24th of November, took two weeks for them to come back to me.

I've had the RMA approved. It says a TNT courier will pick the phone up from my address, given that this is a parcel motel location in the North, this would not be possible.

Sent them a query to see if they can tell me an address for me to ship it to in the UK so they can forward it to Hong Kong.

The price I was quoted was 147 euro including delivery.

I bought a micro USB host cable and was able to connect a mouse to the phone as the touch screen was not working.

So you need to raise a ticket with One Plus, I included a photo of the smashed screen, they wait until they reply, this could take a week, be patient.

Best of Luck

Any good FM transmitter apps that people are using for their OPO's?

JonnyM wrote: »
    Any good FM transmitter apps that people are using for their OPO's?

Oneplus one doesn't have a fm transmitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 jjdela

Hi, not sure if this has been asked before but has anyone been able to insure their OPO?

I've emailed gadget insurance.com and they say that it must be shipped by an Irish, UK or US company so I think I'm out of luck with them.

Any info would be appreciated.
    J

• Advertisement

jjdela wrote: »
    Hi, not sure if this has been asked before but has anyone been able to insure their OPO?

I've emailed gadget insurance.com and they say that it must be shipped by an Irish, UK or US company so I think I'm out of luck with them.

Any info would be appreciated.
    J

I used blueinblueinsurance.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I used the free mobile phone insurance with my ulsterbank account.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Dunno if this is one plus specific but it's never happened on other Android phones.

I have Google Play music and it keeps starting in my pocket. I'm thinking that it must be some key combo but I dunno what's causing it.
    The phone is locked when it happens.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Dunno if this is one plus specific but it's never happened on other Android phones.

I have Google Play music and it keeps starting in my pocket. I'm thinking that it must be some key combo but I dunno what's causing it.
    The phone is locked when it happens.

Disable the lock screen gestures for music.

Settings gestures and uncheck music

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Disable the lock screen gestures for music.

Settings gestures and uncheck music

Perfect! Cheers.
    Never used that before. Flashlight is really handy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Suppose this is just a general Android question, rather than OnePlus specific, BUT....what's the best free music player I should go with? It's all my own mp3s I'd be playing so wouldn't require any streaming service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Suppose this is just a general Android question, rather than OnePlus specific, BUT....what's the best free music player I should go with? It's all my own mp3s I'd be playing so wouldn't require any streaming service.

Google Play Music does the job :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

I'd recommend Apollo. It's the default Cyanogenmod music player. You can get it from here http://www.maartendekkers.com/cmapps/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I used blueinblueinsurance.ie

They have the same condition:
    The gadget(s) you wish to insure is/are less than 24 months old and has/have been purchased as new by you in the Republic of Ireland, UK or US from a VAT registered supplier.

I'm assuming jjdela is asking as they have the chinese version, which wouldn't be covered under the above, in the same position myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 jjdela

maximoose wrote: »
    They have the same condition:

I'm assuming jjdela is asking as they have the chinese version, which wouldn't be covered under the above, in the same position myself.

Hi maximoose, that exactly it. I've seen the same condition on most of the sites.

Would really like to insure it as my last phone was stolen and I'd rather have this one covered.

Any thoughts on the best way to insure it?

Thanks

Advertisement