Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

I use a set of logitech UE headphones as well as a fairly basic set of JVC in ear earphones. None of which have built in microphones but for some reason the phone seems to switch off the phone mic when they're plugged in

Some one else asked this recently and I said the same thing. What type of headphones are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Even though my alarm was turned off it still went off this morning. I have it set for Monday to Friday. Anyone else have a similar problem??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Hi

When I plug in headphones, my oneplus one seems to disable the phones mic. Therefore, when I call people with the headphones plugged in, they can not hear me.

Is there any setting or way that I can ensure that the phones mic remains active when headphones are plugged in so that it can be used during calls?

Thanks in advance

Just noticed this yesterday for the first time.. Tried to answer the phone while an AUX cable was plugged in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭HeadPig

Should text messaging etc work straight away after unboxing? (After inserting the sim, obviously)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

HeadPig wrote: »
    Should text messaging etc work straight away after unboxing? (After inserting the sim, obviously)

It should. But did you put in your APN settings. That is normally used for internet but it may be used for sms as well(don't actually know as I always put in my APN settings first after I get a new phone.

It should. But did you put in your APN settings. That is normally used for internet but it may be used for sms as well(don't actually know as I always put in my APN settings first after I get a new phone.

Nope, I never did. How do I get my specific APN settings (I'm meteor billpay) and where do I type them in?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

Official Genuine OnePlus One 1+ A0001 Smart Phone Replacement Back Hard Case Cover Skin, Obsidian Black / Baby Skin (With Original Retail Package) -100% Perfect Fit (Baby Skin) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QI9NCV6/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_rt.Oub0EAEEPN

If anyone is looking for the different colour in the skin I bought the white one from amazon. Comes in a one plus one box and fits perfectly. Only difference is doesn't say cyanogen on the back and the writing at the bottom is Chinese. Was looking for the white one for ages. Delighted

Nope, I never did. How do I get my specific APN settings (I'm meteor billpay) and where do I type them in?

http://forums.meteor.ie/t5/HTC/How-to-enter-Meteor-APN-s-on-an-Android-Phone/td-p/16981

AFAIK them settings above should work. I was never with meteor so i don't know.

Go to settings/ Mobile networks/ Access point names/ APNs and enter your details there.

is there any way I can make a voice call without touching my phone? Ie using voice command?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

is there any way I can make a voice call without touching my phone? Ie using voice command?

Ok Google and then tell it to call?

Oneplus have started their own development of lollipop its still early stages though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Might be old news but I Just read an article about OnePlus potentially abandoning Cyanogen in favour of their own stock Android ROM.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/02/oneplus-one-android-lollipop-fork/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

SickBoy wrote: »
    Might be old news but I Just read an article about OnePlus potentially abandoning Cyanogen in favour of their own stock Android ROM.

Heard that good/bad? I'm not sure.

SickBoy wrote: »

bryaner wrote: »
    Heard that good/bad? I'm not sure.

I heard that a while before Christmas. I reckon that will be bad. They released an alpha build of lollipop. I doubt there will be as much customization in their ROM a cyanogen mod have a few years of experience with Android.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

In terms of this phone i personally couldn't care less as I have it running liquidsmooth now anyway, what it means for the quality of future devices who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

This will only hurt cyanogen. Cutting their nose off to spite their face. Its all to do with a no competition deal in India.

Id probably buy the two if it has android in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

If they end up ditching Cyanogen then I'll be considering one if these :)
    Official Genuine OnePlus One 1+ A0001 Smart Phone Replacement Back Hard Case Cover Skin, Obsidian Black / Baby Skin (With Original Retail Package) -100% Perfect Fit (Baby Skin) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QI9NCV6/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_rt.Oub0EAEEPN

If anyone is looking for the different colour in the skin I bought the white one from amazon. Comes in a one plus one box and fits perfectly. Only difference is doesn't say cyanogen on the back and the writing at the bottom is Chinese. Was looking for the white one for ages. Delighted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

8 month old dropped my phone, luckily I had a tempered glass screen protector on it, can anyone throw up a link to a recommended one please, I can't remember which one I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

anyone any tips on how to set up the Google now piece. thought I had but when I say OK Google, it doesn't do anything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Waiting on my phone to be delivered this week. Should it be ready to go once I put in my sim (I'm with three) or does it require any unlocking/reconfiguration for Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

VandC wrote: »
    anyone any tips on how to set up the Google now piece. thought I had but when I say OK Google, it doesn't do anything!!

Your language needs to set to USA English

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

Brego888 wrote: »
    Waiting on my phone to be delivered this week. Should it be ready to go once I put in my sim (I'm with three) or does it require any unlocking/reconfiguration for Ireland?

I got my OPO last week and I'm with three. I didn't have to configure the APN settings everything worked when I put in the sim card

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

irishgeo wrote:
    Your language needs to set to USA English

is this in the Google now bit or the phone itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭doubie

Hi Damien,

It's a known issue. 2.4Ghz WiFi doesn't perform well with Bluetooth turned on. If you have a dual band WiFi router just use the 5Ghz band and you'll be fine. If you only have 2.4Ghz you need to power off the phone and then use the WiFi without turning Bluetooth on. Turning off Bluetooth isn't enough, you need to re-boot to clear the settings.

I'm sure this will get fixed in a future update as it's a known reported issue.

Metalpanic wrote: »
    I got my OPO last week and I'm with three. I didn't have to configure the APN settings everything worked when I put in the sim card

Thanks. Any 4G? How is the network performing on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

VandC wrote: »
    is this in the Google now bit or the phone itself?

Google now bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

Thanks. Any 4G? How is the network performing on it?

I don't live in a 4G area but I'll know tomorrow when I get back to work in Dublin. Getting 3G fine however. Haven't noticed it drop off at all. The battery on the phone is a beast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Would you not check this stuff out before buying it?
    It should work out of the box 4g included

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Would you not check this stuff out before buying it?
    It should work out of the box 4g included

I'm just looking for the personal experience of those currently using it. Apologies if it's an inconvenience for you reading my question.

I've watched a few videos of those using a custom lollipop rom. How do people rate them if using it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I'm on Three, and 4G/LTE worked out of the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I'm on Three, and 4G/LTE worked out of the box.
    Same, been years since I had to enter settings manually to any phone tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

doubie wrote: »
    Hi Damien,

It's a known issue. 2.4Ghz WiFi doesn't perform well with Bluetooth turned on. If you have a dual band WiFi router just use the 5Ghz band and you'll be fine. If you only have 2.4Ghz you need to power off the phone and then use the WiFi without turning Bluetooth on. Turning off Bluetooth isn't enough, you need to re-boot to clear the settings.

I'm sure this will get fixed in a future update as it's a known reported issue.

Tried this and my WiFi (Horizon box) is ten times quicker just alternating between Bluetooth on and off. No rebooting or anything. Great to know thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Anyone else having a problem with google play not working? I left for chicago and it hasnt worked since. i might log out and see will that work for it. any other suggestions?
    just to say it works still on my pc sending apps to myself, but not on my phone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

fixed it by uninstalling updates for anyone who suffers the same problem

Anyone see this http://www.cellphone-preview.com/oneplus-two/. Hope it's true. Still only 1080P but better IPS technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

Has anyone managed to buy this phone in China? I am in China for the next year and there is no Chinese store on https://oneplus.net/

The support have told me to get a friend to buy it from a designated country and to send it back to China to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

that could be a one plus one review, so what's new? slightly upgraded CPU and battery oh and a tiny screen upgrade for more cash??? what are they becoming, Samsung, crapple...nexus 6 even??

I for one hope it is 'only' 1080p as for real world day to day use anything more is not worth the battery hit and most people your showing it off too won't see any difference anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Johny_cash

How do you guys get your phone delivered from mailboxde?

god's toy wrote: »
    that could be a one plus one review, so what's new? slightly upgraded CPU and battery oh and a tiny screen upgrade for more cash??? what are they becoming, Samsung, crapple...nexus 6 even??

I for one hope it is 'only' 1080p as for real world day to day use anything more is not worth the battery hit and most people your showing it off too won't see any difference anyway.

If that is the new phone. Imo it looks really good as the bezels are tiny and it has a better IPS screen. And yes i agree with you in 1080P screen on a phone is excellent as I have a 1080P 24" monitor and it is excellent. It was such an upgrade from my old 720P monitor when I got the upgrade a few years ago.

I'm looking to buy a genuine charger plug and cable as i left mine behind in a hotel in another country. Thing is it's seems it's only possible to buy the cable far as i tell? Anyone able to point my in the right direction?

I have a 2A generic charger and samsung micro usb cable keeping me going, just wouldn't mind getting the OPO one again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Anyone have a good flip case for ur OPO?? Was going to buy official one from their site but heard some bad reviews

[URL=https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/after-1-week-cracks-flip-cover-orange.64268/[/URL]

Anyone had problems with their flip cases??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy a genuine charger plug and cable as i left mine behind in a hotel in another country. Thing is it's seems it's only possible to buy the cable far as i tell? Anyone able to point my in the right direction?

I have a 2A generic charger and samsung micro usb cable keeping me going, just wouldn't mind getting the OPO one again.

I replaced mine with a blackberry playbook charger. Longer cable, really cheap on Amazon too.

I replaced mine with a blackberry playbook charger. Longer cable, really cheap on Amazon too.

I just had a look at the one I said was a generic one, thought it was Phillips or something but its actually the blackberry one you suggested! The long cable is the business alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭setanta1984

JonnyM wrote: »
    Anyone have a good flip case for ur OPO?? Was going to buy official one from their site but heard some bad reviews

[URL=https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/after-1-week-cracks-flip-cover-orange.64268/[/URL]

Anyone had problems with their flip cases??

I have one only since Saturday. It looks nice, feels very nice in the hand and the front cover sits nicely in the screen, doesn't flap about much.
    The volume buttons are very hard to press though when the cover is open. Have to use the very tip of my finger. Very easy to press when the cover is closed though.
    I like to take my phone out and back in a lot though, and it doesn't seem to like that. Dunno if it's just in my head but it feels less solid every time i do it, feels a bit creakier and a bit more movement in places.
    It's a very nice case in general though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

I ordered mine last night, I opted for the express delivery. Really useful thread I'm going to throw in a meteor sim card. and see how i get on. I was on voda phone but there pay as you go options are awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

I have the Chinese version of this. Everytime I plug it into my laptop an autoplay pops up to run the ColorOS driver setup. I have run this and restarted but it still pops up.

I cannot access the phone via my computer. I have downloaded the samsung drivers but the phone is not appearing in device manager to allow me update them.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

sentient_6 wrote: »
    In terms of this phone i personally couldn't care less as I have it running liquidsmooth now anyway, what it means for the quality of future devices who knows.

Does the tap to wake functionality work on liquidsmooth?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Ordered mine on the 31/12/14 ,arrived today with pm .Lovely feel and nice and light . Think I
    Will have to break a habit of a lifetime and buy a cover , any recommendations .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

rebeve wrote: »
    Ordered mine on the 31/12/14 ,arrived today with pm .Lovely feel and nice and light . Think I
    Will have to break a habit of a lifetime and buy a cover , any recommendations .

Did you order bye express or normal?

I got two I got a really chunky one for when Im working and then slimer one for when Im out nothing worse then having a bulky phone cover when your out!

SteM wrote: »
    Does the tap to wake functionality work on liquidsmooth?

Ya working on 30th Dec nightly anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Did you order bye express or normal?

I got two I got a really chunky one for when Im working and then slimer one for when Im out nothing worse then having a bulky phone cover when your out!

Standard

• Advertisement
Advertisement