Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Omeceron wrote: »
    I have the Chinese version of this. Everytime I plug it into my laptop an autoplay pops up to run the ColorOS driver setup. I have run this and restarted but it still pops up.

I cannot access the phone via my computer. I have downloaded the samsung drivers but the phone is not appearing in device manager to allow me update them.

Any ideas?
    why samsung drivers? have you tried installing drivers from the find7

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

daytob wrote: »
    why samsung drivers? have you tried installing drivers from the find7

Samsung mobile phone drivers were suggested on the OPO forums.

I cant see the phone in device manager to install any drivers. I have tried another laptop and can see the phone and its drivers install automatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Received my OPO today (ordered Monday). Data wont work at all, only wifi. I do get the h+ symbol but web pages won't load. Am on Three. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

KevIRL wrote: »
    Received my OPO today (ordered Monday). Data wont work at all, only wifi. I do get the h+ symbol but web pages won't load. Am on Three. Any ideas?

Threes Internet must be down not working for me last hour or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Threes Internet must be down not working for me last hour or so.

Well that would help explain it lol. Ta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Samsung mobile phone drivers were suggested on the OPO forums.

I cant see the phone in device manager to install any drivers. I have tried another laptop and can see the phone and its drivers install automatically.

Try a different usb port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Anyone got the bamboo swap cover? Got an invite for it randomly from OnePlus in my emails yesterday, debating whether to get it. works out at near €50 with Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

Duff wrote: »
    Anyone got the bamboo swap cover? Got an invite for it randomly from OnePlus in my emails yesterday, debating whether to get it. works out at near €50 with Parcel Motel.

Don't have one, and while it looks good, wondering what is the point if you need to put a protective case over it? Or does it offer more protection than the normal cover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

I'm not sure, my sandstone back is starting to wear a bit at this stage though and I'd say the wood would be a bit more resilient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

The battery life is amazing.

• Advertisement

Try a different usb port.

Tried them all, same problem.

Ive deleted all usb drivers and reattached the phone. It now appears under device manager as mtp. When I try to manually attach drivers it looks for 32 bit driver. Anyone know where to get them?

I cant access under windows explorer but can via CMD at the start of the Root process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Can anyone remember the delivery time for this on standard delivery?

I bought my 1st OPO about 2 months ago, mine took longer than expected but I can't remember the average time for it. Hoping to have it delivered by next Wednesday. Is that possible? Ordered it Thursday morning & the order is complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

I ordered mine on Sunday the 4th, at about 11pm. Got it delivered today (9th) at 7am to parcel motel in Shannon. That was with standard postage, to the Antrim address.

I was really impressed with the packaging, it had a very premium feel to it. The charger had its own little box, and is a native 3 pin one...no horrible adapters.

The tempered glass screen protector is lovely too. It is completely transparent, unlike some of the cheap plastic ones. Fits perfectly, and no bubbles even though I put it on in my car!

It updated itself to 38R perfectly, and looking forward to getting home to unlock/custom recovery/root the hell out of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

FitzShane wrote: »
    Can anyone remember the delivery time for this on standard delivery?

I bought my 1st OPO about 2 months ago, mine took longer than expected but I can't remember the average time for it. Hoping to have it delivered by next Wednesday. Is that possible? Ordered it Thursday morning & the order is complete.

Ordered mine 31/12/14 , arrived 08/01/15

Tried them all, same problem.

Ive deleted all usb drivers and reattached the phone. It now appears under device manager as mtp. When I try to manually attach drivers it looks for 32 bit driver. Anyone know where to get them?

I cant access under windows explorer but can via CMD at the start of the Root process.

Try the driver in this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/help/driver-windows-7-8-1-t2885691

My Oneplus one drivers installed itself once connected to my PC but I had the exact problems you are having with my mothers Nexus 7 2013. I'm trying to remember what i done to get the device recognized. It is a driver issue anyway I remember that bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

have you tried the whole switching the pc/laptop off with the phone connected? then rebooting it back on and it might work that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

I am loving the phone so far, but u am having a slight issue with charging.

I am using the stock red cable and stock 2amp power brick. The phone is only drawing .8 of an amp when charging. I am measuring it with one of those USB current readers.

Has anyone else had slow charging with the one? I was expecting at least 1.5 amps from the stock charger and cable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SavageD

Really interested in this phone. How does music sound on it (using headphones)?

• Advertisement

SavageD wrote: »

Perfect. I don't even have expensive headphones either. It is the same as my old Note II with same headphones.

Making some progress. Got the drivers installed via the ADB interface.

Its still not appearing in windows explorer though. I tried deleting all USB drivers, restarting and reattaching the phone (with debugging switched on & off). It tries to install the drivers but fails...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

collected mine today I ordered it on Thursday and i collected it from parcel motel just morning. I got the express option. My god its awesome. :)

It auto updated and now all I need is micro sim and to import my contacts :cool:

Also the battry was half full so i presume drain it and then recharge it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Making some progress. Got the drivers installed via the ADB interface.

Its still not appearing in windows explorer though. I tried deleting all USB drivers, restarting and reattaching the phone (with debugging switched on & off). It tries to install the drivers but fails...

If you download this: http://www.wugfresh.com/brt/

There's a drivers guide in the software that tells you how to delete everthing to start fresh again. It's also handy for unlocking and rooting phones

collected mine today I ordered it on Thursday and i collected it from parcel motel just morning. I got the express option. My god its awesome. :)

It auto updated and now all I need is micro sim and to import my contacts :cool:

No need to drain modern batteries. Just charge it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

SavageD wrote: »

Well it sounds pretty good to my ear using a pair of Sennheiser momentums & various in-ear headphones. It's not quite as good as the original Samsung Galaxy S, but it's much better than the Galaxy S4. If you're unhappy with the sound quality from the headphone socket, you can even attach a headphone amp using a usb otg cable & bypass the internal dac/amp!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SavageD

Simi wrote: »
    Well it sounds pretty good to my ear using a pair of Sennheiser momentums & various in-ear headphones. It's not quite as good as the original Samsung Galaxy S, but it's much better than the Galaxy S4. If you're unhappy with the sound quality from the headphone socket, you can even attach a headphone amp using a usb otg cable & bypass the internal dac/amp!

Thanks. As the phone is on the larger side I was hoping to avoid using a separate headphone amp as well. From what you say it sounds like it should be ok for general use and anyway there are some decent 64bit music apps out there that I can use to tweak. Now just have to sort out some money and hopefully get my hands on an invite. Gas for this phone is increasing on a daily basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I also ordered mine Thursday, standard delivery, and collected it this morning (Monday) I am convinced it was in my PM last night but I can deal with 'only' having it today!

OPO number 2 for me, let's hope this one last longer than the 1st one!

FitzShane wrote: »
    I also ordered mine Thursday, standard delivery, and collected it this morning (Monday) I am convinced it was in my PM last night but I can deal with 'only' having it today!

OPO number 2 for me, let's hope this one last longer than the 1st one!

How do you find it the cameras great in terms of an end product, I'm having toruble finding my way around it. its a little new. the big issue being sorting out retriving notifications :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

any sort of power save mode on this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Yes, you can add it to the drop down menu.

• Advertisement

Well i updated to CM12 and it is actually very smooth and runs very well for a daily driver. I was going to hold out for 12S but got itchy feet and updated. The only thing I miss is the camera app as you get the google camera app and the V to turn on flash light is missing as well. Double tap to wake and lock is still there.

jozi wrote: »
    If you download this: http://www.wugfresh.com/brt/

There's a drivers guide in the software that tells you how to delete everthing to start fresh again. It's also handy for unlocking and rooting phones

Thanks but its telling me it wont run on Win32.

I have rooted the phone, it tells me it is connected as a media device, just cant see it in windows explorer.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Well i updated to CM12 and it is actually very smooth and runs very well for a daily driver. I was going to hold out for 12S but got itchy feet and updated. The only thing I miss is the camera app as you get the google camera app and the V to turn on flash light is missing as well. Double tap to wake and lock is still there.

The google Camera app isn't great at all, but you can get the default CM Camera app (Camera next) from here. Works fine.

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

My battery has gone to ****e on this recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What do people think of this vs S5 or M8?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Where is Lollypop or has it been released? Been away from the "scene" for the last month...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

naughtb4 wrote: »
    My battery has gone to ****e on this recently

Mine's not great either. Wondering if there might some apps causing an issue or if there's any way to improve it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Thargor wrote: »
    Where is Lollypop or has it been released? Been away from the "scene" for the last month...

They promised it would be available within 90 days of it's release. When was Lollipop officially released? Was it with the release of Nexus 6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

There's cm 12 nightlies out already. Should be out in the next month I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

qwabercd wrote: »
    Mine's not great either. Wondering if there might some apps causing an issue or if there's any way to improve it?
    Go into settings and battery and see whats draining it, theres always something you can do, turn down the brightness if its the screen eating the battery, turn off GPS when you dont need it, install an app that turns off data and wifi if the screen is off and reactivate it when the screen comes on (I avoided these apps on previous phones but the OPO is so fast to reconnect they're an option now). Loads of stuff you can do.

• Advertisement

does any one get the magnification when you double tap a number on the lock screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Had all three, don't rate the S5. My favourite to use was the M8 but I find the OPO's camera more idiot proof. There's an easy €150 saving going for the OPO which is hard to ignore and the fact that the M9 isn't all that far away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Thargor wrote: »
    Go into settings and battery and see whats draining it, theres always something you can do, turn down the brightness if its the screen eating the battery, turn off GPS when you dont need it, install an app that turns off data and wifi if the screen is off and reactivate it when the screen comes on (I avoided these apps on previous phones but the OPO is so fast to reconnect they're an option now). Loads of stuff you can do.

Its Android System and Kernal (along with Media Server sometimes) which seem to be my main drainers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Had all three, don't rate the S5. My favourite to use was the M8 but I find the OPO's camera more idiot proof. There's an easy €150 saving going for the OPO which is hard to ignore and the fact that the M9 isn't all that far away.
    Thanks for your reply, haven't heard many positive things about the S5 either, might have to toss a coin

qwabercd wrote: »

have you tried snap dragon Guru? Its an app that moniatasr how and what you use your phone for?

26 hour with out charging for me :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭megapixel

does any one get the magnification when you double tap a number on the lock screen?

Your actually triple tapping it, I was doing the same and you triple tap to make it disappear.
    1.Go to Settings > Accessibility (Very bottom of menu)> Magnification gestures.
    2.Set the switch to the on or off position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'm very tempted to jump ship from windows to this phone. I absolutely loved the Lumia 920 because it had excellent hardware that was robust. I "upgraded" to the 930 which is a fragile ball of shyte that keeps breaking.

I have a few questions for owners.

I really like the window UI, I'm getting the impression I could possibly make the android UI look something like it or even better?

The lumias have excellent cameras and I like being able to adjust all the settings as if I was using a DSLR. I haven't heard great things about the camera on this phone though. Does anyone know how it compares to the lumia cameras? I've heard it's a bit grainy, although if I can use RAW and adjust in photoshop with lots of information in the photo I wouldn't mind too much.

Did they ever get it working on our 4G bands?

ScumLord wrote: »
    I'm very tempted to jump ship from windows to this phone. I absolutely loved the Lumia 920 because it had excellent hardware that was robust. I "upgraded" to the 930 which is a fragile ball of shyte that keeps breaking.

I have a few questions for owners.

I really like the window UI, I'm getting the impression I could possibly make the android UI look something like it or even better?

The lumias have excellent cameras and I like being able to adjust all the settings as if I was using a DSLR. I haven't heard great things about the camera on this phone though. Does anyone know how it compares to the lumia cameras? I've heard it's a bit grainy, although if I can use RAW and adjust in photoshop with lots of information in the photo I wouldn't mind too much.

Did they ever get it working on our 4G bands?

This phone is well worth it. I was a S II and then a Note II owner and said I will never go to anything but a Samsung but this phone swayed me. The camera is good on this phone. Being honest with you i would say the lumia camera would be a bit better, it is still a good camera though. You sound like you know all about pictures and editing which I have no clue about. I tried to edit a RAW image file but I didn't have a clue what i was at.

Some people done amazing things with the RAW files on this phone so it would be worth it for that as it is a good sony sensor. I do not have a 4G sim so I do not know anything about 4G. Some networks work with it and others are hit and miss namely vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

Is there any way to enhance the speaker volume?
    I love this phone but my speaker volume is pretty poor

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

ive had both, in terms of design and sound the M8 wins hands down but i would say the OPO wins in pretty much every other department, i gave up my M8 to get this so it was a brave move but one that paid off, the only nightmare and one ive given up on is that no matter how many times i try and how many PC's i use the drivers for this simply will not install whereas on every other smartphone they installed ,some took me a few attempts but got there, have tried over 12 times with the OPO, followed numerous guides but to no avail so 3 months later im still not rooted, im not even majorly fussed not running a custom ROM but the ability to block ads and save battery life would be great but i cant do that./

Advertisement