Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Mayo jonny

kneejerk wrote: »
    Is there any way to enhance the speaker volume?
    I love this phone but my speaker volume is pretty poor

I have my phone about 4 weeks now and cannot get over how load it is, on i have it set to about 3/4 volume just so its about the same as everyone else's phones. my question is the about the small cardboard that came with it. its flatpack and no instructions and managed to put most of it together but cant figure the rest, its driving me mad. it is a phone stand or some sort. there is nothing on the net about it, did anyone else get one of these? cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Hi all,

Trying to get some info from my friends lost / stolen phone. Google device manager says it is still turned on and I know roughly where it is, but whoever has it is not answering. It's in an estate near enough to where she works.

Tried remotely installing Androidlost but that's not much use since I can't start the app. Jumpstart isn't compatible with any version of Android higher than 3.0.

Cereberus won't work without having previously created an account.

Willing to try absolutely anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Mayo jonny wrote: »
    I have my phone about 4 weeks now and cannot get over how load it is, on i have it set to about 3/4 volume just so its about the same as everyone else's phones. my question is the about the small cardboard that came with it. its flatpack and no instructions and managed to put most of it together but cant figure the rest, its driving me mad. it is a phone stand or some sort. there is nothing on the net about it, did anyone else get one of these? cheers

I didn't get that with mine. I was thinking about it when reading your post and said I don't remember anything like that and then went to check my box and there was nothing just sim extraction tool.

I didn't get that with mine. I was thinking about it when reading your post and said I don't remember anything like that and then went to check my box and there was nothing just sim extraction tool.

it comes in a white packet saying wake up on it. it was in the main brown box, not the red/white box the actual phone is in. stupid design has my head wrecked ha ha. funny thing is il never use it and phone plus silicone case wont even fit in to it, but would be nice to see what it looks like

It must be a new thing, I have my phone a few months and don't remember anything like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Could be worth a look when the time comes to replace my OPO - http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/15/7550903/xiaomi-mi-note-announced-specs-price

Similar dimensions but slightly bigger screen and 2mm thinner which is a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2gCM3pUfxk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The camera is good on this phone.
    Can you do things like change the ISO settings, change aperture, shutter speed, white balance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Here's the camera options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Well i updated to CM12 and it is actually very smooth and runs very well for a daily driver. I was going to hold out for 12S but got itchy feet and updated. The only thing I miss is the camera app as you get the google camera app and the V to turn on flash light is missing as well. Double tap to wake and lock is still there.

Can I ask which rom you flashed?
    I tried a couple but am getting e signatrue verification failed.
    My phone is the chinese version but it didnt have color os on it, it had CM.
    Eager to check out CM12
    Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Hi
    Anybody else having problem with charging?
    I plugged in my phone last night to charge and when I woke this morning it was only at 67%.

Used it a bit today at work and plugged it in again and it will only charge to 67% and stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

I'mhaving problems access the phone drive through my pc it just doesn't want to work :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Did anyone have theirs delivered by mailboxde.com? I am just wondering how long it has taken others to receive from Germany? Mine was sent last Saturday 10th, but still showing as being in Germany when I check the tracking number online.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

Did you mean low or loud?

Do most people find their speaker volume adequate? If I put a call on speaker or play music through it I find it’s much lower than my previous phones.

Maybe it’s a fault with my handset?!

Mine is much louder than any other phone I've had

sham69 wrote: »
    Can I ask which rom you flashed?
    I tried a couple but am getting e signatrue verification failed.
    My phone is the chinese version but it didnt have color os on it, it had CM.
    Eager to check out CM12
    Cheers.

http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=bacon

The top one is the newest one. They are nightlies so new one added every day/night depending on where in the world you are.

edit: just noticed they haven't added a new one for a few days but it is stable enough.

kneejerk wrote: »
    Did you mean low or loud?

Do most people find their speaker volume adequate? If I put a call on speaker or play music through it I find it’s much lower than my previous phones.

Maybe it’s a fault with my handset?!

Mine is way louder than other phones ive had and than other peoples phones too

MoodeRator wrote: »
    Did anyone have theirs delivered by mailboxde.com? I am just wondering how long it has taken others to receive from Germany? Mine was sent last Saturday 10th, but still showing as being in Germany when I check the tracking number online.

As far as i know, all phones come from china so company in germany are prob waiting for it to be delivered to them and then send on. my estimated delivery time frame was between 2-6 weeks after i ordered it, but got it in 3.

maximoose wrote: »
    Here's the camera options
    Looks like it's all there, hard to tell how accessible they are. If the options are too deep in menus it might make them a bit redundant.

As far as i know, all phones come from china so company in germany are prob waiting for it to be delivered to them and then send on. my estimated delivery time frame was between 2-6 weeks after i ordered it, but got it in 3.

I order on the German site and strangely is was sent to Mailboxde from London! Mailboxde.com say they have dispatched it, but tracking still shows it to be in Germany:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

After a month since it was sent, it finally arrived. Fuppin hell. Pay that little extra for Parcel Motel, save you a lot of heartbreak with Mailboxde.

• Advertisement

Yes sure look at the post above you. It says it was originally sent from UK even though ordered in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 DarkPassenger

Anyone know if you can buy the original charger anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Did anyone buy from this site before.
    If you keep it in USD it works out at €316 with delivery. Based in the EU also.
    Anybody see a problem with this site

http://oneplus.eu/oneplus-one/original-oneplus-one-16gb-white-4g-lte-cyanogenmod-os-in-onepluseu-8-.html#/free_gift-flip_leather_casecar/shipping_insurance-yes5_or_28_/extra_parts-none/tempered_glass_scree-none

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The original charger is an American plug isnt it? They never made one 3-pin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 SavageD

Thargor wrote: »
    The original charger is an American plug isnt it? They never made one 3-pin.
    I think they did make a 3 Pin. I ordered my phone the other day and the invoice refers to a UK Charger.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Looks like it's all there, hard to tell how accessible they are. If the options are too deep in menus it might make them a bit redundant.

Pretty accessible, it was just a couple of keypresses in and out of each menu from the camera app

(First time I've used them, no idea what any of it meant :))

SavageD wrote: »
    I think they did make a 3 Pin. I ordered my phone the other day and the invoice refers to a UK Charger.
    So did my invoice months ago but it was just the USA plug and a poundshop adapter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

Aldi offering two-gang sockets with two built-in 2.1A USB sockets. From Thursday 22nd @ €17.99 each. Not a charger replacement, but could be useful and tidy in the house.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭b.gud

johnb25 wrote: »
    Aldi offering two-gang sockets with two built-in 2.1A USB sockets. From Thursday 22nd @ €17.99 each. Not a charger replacement, but could be useful and tidy in the house.

John

Any idea how easy something like that would be to install? As in how likely would I be to burn down the house/electrocute myself if I did it myself? :)

• Advertisement

Hurrah! Mine just arrived \o/ ~Also with a 2 pin plug, maybe because ordered from the German site??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

b.gud wrote: »
    Any idea how easy something like that would be to install? As in how likely would I be to burn down the house/electrocute myself if I did it myself? :)

I'm no spark, but I imagine it is a straight swap of connections.
    Just be sure to switch off the sockets circuit on the main board first..:)

Is it safe to charge using a generic wall charger or could there be voltage issues?

Pretty accessible, it was just a couple of keypresses in and out of each menu from the camera app

(First time I've used them, no idea what any of it meant :))

ISO basically makes the sensor more sensitive to light. So if you're in a dark room increase ISO to brighten up the picture.

Aperture basically makes the background go blurry behind what you're taking a picture of, lower numbers blurry, higher numbers everythings in focus.

Shutter speed just takes the picture real quick, so if you're taking a picture of someone running and their legs are all blurry increase the shutter speed and he'll be frozen perfectly in the photo.

Interesting. I'm not much of a snapper, so much of this is lost on me but I shall endeavor to take less shît photos from now on :pac:

I came across this photography blog where he tests out the one plus one, and found it performs "admirably well"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Increasing ISO can also lead to increased noise in the image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I got a UK 3 pin plug

My phone has just been delivered! Unfortunately it is at my parents and I won't get up till next weekend - ahhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

irishgeo wrote: »
    I got a UK 3 pin plug

As did I. I ordered two from their UK web store before Christmas and both shipped with UK charger.

This range of chargers provide a decent and fast charging alternative..
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0073JB4QU

Interesting. I'm not much of a snapper, so much of this is lost on me but I shall endeavor to take less shît photos from now on :pac:

I came across this photography blog where he tests out the one plus one, and found it performs "admirably well"
    The basics of photography aren't actually that hard to learn. It's basically those 3 variables and how they interact. That chapter in a photography book can be quite short.

There's a really good photography forum here if you ever do decide to make use of those settings on your camera, they can have you quite proficient in no time.

Thargor wrote: »
    So did my invoice months ago but it was just the USA plug and a poundshop adapter.

Yeah I got a USA plug and a poundshop adapter too...is there somewhere I can order the official three pin one? Although I shouldn't really have to....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

BenEadir wrote: »
    Could be worth a look when the time comes to replace my OPO - http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/15/7550903/xiaomi-mi-note-announced-specs-price

Similar dimensions but slightly bigger screen and 2mm thinner which is a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2gCM3pUfxk

seen this online looks absolutekly amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 13 james12326

Received my phone last week after ordering from the UK site. It doesn't have the cyanogen logo printed on the back. Should I be worried?

Is it running Cyanogen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

james12326 wrote: »
    Received my phone last week after ordering from the UK site. It doesn't have the cyanogen logo printed on the back. Should I be worried?

What operating system is it running? Once it says cyanogen when booting up then all is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Loads of posts on the opo forum about it. One Plus have said they've changed them obviously something to do with what Is going on in India.

Says its running Cyanogen 11.0 - XNPH44S. Would they have stopped printing the logo on the back cover?

Sorry just seen Lucas' post there, seems to explain it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wesoly75

Hi
    I got my opo just last week and I like it a lot. So far I have only one problem. No pictures are loading in eBay app or when I access thru ebay web site. Any ideas?
    Oh yea one more issue I can send file with NFC to my wife's Galaxy s 3 but she can't send to me what I get instead is empty Play Store window

wesoly75 wrote: »
    Hi
    I got my opo just last week and I like it a lot. So far I have only one problem. No pictures are loading in eBay app or when I access thru ebay web site. Any ideas?
    Oh yea one more issue I can send file with NFC to my wife's Galaxy s 3 but she can't send to me what I get instead is empty Play Store window

That happens me as well. I was just thinking it was to do with the app adfree I have installed. Do you have any ad blocker apps installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wesoly75

That happens me as well. I was just thinking it was to do with the app adfree I have installed. Do you have any ad blocker apps installed?

Hi you are right its the AdFree app is blocking the images. Hmmm is working fine on my galaxy s3. Do you know how to fix it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement