Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

This is a screenshot of it now.
    Charged it last this morning.

There is no problem there. It looks like you do be browsing the internet a lot all day. What is the screen on time. Click on the screen 30%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

whats the media server?? As mines using bout 60% and have noticed in the last few days my battery is running out alot quicker.
    I had rte news now downloaded and this was using alot of the battery too but have deleted it as i rarely used it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

BenEadir wrote: »
    So just got an OTA update to KTU84Q. All went well.

Friend of mine got the OTA of XNPH 05Q last night. Getting 48,794 Antutu, he's happy enough with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Just got the update now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

I've been ignoring the update notifications....is there any reason NOT to update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Haven't noticed any negative side effects with latest OTA update.

New blog post and AMA on the oxygen OS team
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2vntl6/we_are_the_oxygenos_team_from_oneplus_ask_us/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Blade wrote: »
    Friend of mine got the OTA of XNPH 05Q last night. Getting 48,794 Antutu, he's happy enough with it.

I also got the latest update last night. Cant see any difference yet to be honest,

Haven't noticed anything myself other than having to root again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

My touch to wake is slower to respond after the update. Charging seems slower and the phone goes extremely hot while charging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kingbob387

My phone charges VERY slow now since the new OTA. Although I don't have the heat issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Ush1 wrote: »
    My touch to wake is slower to respond after the update. Charging seems slower and the phone goes extremely hot while charging.

For those with the double tap to wake issue, uncheck the setting and then check it again. Seems okay after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Got the OTA update last night. Battery does not seem as good as it previously was:

Xcdu0IHl.png

Should Android OS and Android System be that high? Also, noticed a few mins ago that the device had become quite hot in my pocket for the first time.

This morning I listened to a podcast for about 40 mins and spent about 15 mins browsing using chrome and that is pretty much it.

Mine seems to be as normal. Double tap to wake is fine. I charge over night so not sure there. Not noticed any heat other than when I enabled art and it rebooted and had to reload all apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just got the OTA this morning, no issues so far with double tap or slow charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

My double tap has become unresponsive as well, was the prevent accidental wake up option always there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Double tap to wake became unresponsive for me too. Battery seems to have gotten even worse too. Light use yesterday and was down to about 10% when going to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Has anyone had any bluetooth issues since the update? It used to connect seamlessly with my car radio, but now it will only connect for calls, not for media. I have to toggle bluetooth on/off to get it to connect....annoying...

I also reckon the battery is a bit worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I installed the new update last night and major battery trouble now.
    The battery is very slow to charge. Put it on at 23% looked again after 25 minutes and it was 25%.
    The phone was very warm in my pocket all day and the battery is draining very quickly, I would normally have 20-30% going to bed with very heavy use all day. Today it was empty at 8pm and not even at lot of use.
    Is it possible to go back to an older firmware? And to anyone that hasn't installed it yet, Don't.

Senna wrote: »
    The battery is very slow to charge. Put it on at 23% looked again after 25 minutes and it was 25%.
    The phone was very warm in my pocket all day and the battery is draining very quickly, I would normally have 20-30% going to bed with very heavy use all day. Today it was empty at 8pm and not even at lot of use.
    Is it possible to go back to an older firmware? And to anyone that hasn't installed it yet, Don't.

Scroll to the bottom of this page below.

https://cyngn.com/products/oneplusone/

It is the last update 44S download the zip file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

Very odd. I've experienced none of these issues since upgrading manually. I flashed a pre-rooted version. Everything is as it should be as far as I can tell. Just checked there and I have 36% battery left after 15hrs 20mins, including 5hrs of screen on time. This was on WIFI all day mind you. Still I didn't notice any significant drops during the week at work on 3G/LTE.

• Advertisement

Simi wrote: »
    Very odd. I've experienced none of these issues since upgrading manually. I flashed a pre-rooted version. Everything is as it should be as far as I can tell. Just checked there and I have 36% battery left after 15hrs 20mins, including 5hrs of screen on time. This was on WIFI all day mind you. Still I didn't notice any significant drops during the week at work on 3G/LTE.

I'm like you I have had no problems either since updating.
    I did have a problem updating though. I reckon it was because I had a custom recovery. In the end I just used the recovery and went into cache(that's where the update zip file was) and installed the update manually.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭EvanKelly6

Thinking of picking up one of these. I already own a Nexus 5 but has anyone taken the same leap? How's it been for you? Also, what's the best way to get it? Buy it directly from OnePlus themselves? Thanks in advance guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I got 4.

1) The Power button is sometimes unresponsive while charging, I have to plug it out and in again to get the screen to light.
    2) Sometimes just after unlocking the screen, the touch is unresponsive and I have to draw my unlock pattern twice.
    3) (Maybe related to 2) The double tap to wake sometimes doesn't work, have to use the power button.
    4) I get no internet connectivity while on H+, LTE is fine and blistering.

Number 4 has been fixed for me with the latest update. Still not sure about the others but they seem better.

Simi wrote: »

I can't explain it, I took my phone off charge at 8am at 100%. Played golf and didn't even look at my phone once, now it's at 68%. It would usually be 90% or so.
    It must be from the update, I haven't downloaded anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

After the update has anyones icons messed up? The torch button now mentions 2g/3g?
    The sound settings now has one of the auto rotate icons in?
    Running completely stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

No problems with mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Im trying to decide to buy this phone or not. I have an invite and can't bring myself to the buy button. Keep thinking wait for One plus two. If in doubt don't do it as they say :(

Im trying to decide to buy this phone or not. I have an invite and can't bring myself to the buy button. Keep thinking wait for One plus two. If in doubt don't do it as they say :(

It will be a few months before Oneplus Two is released I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

It will be a few months before Oneplus Two is released I reckon.

Alot more than that.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Alot more than that.

I don't know. I'd say July, in and around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Prob be 2016 before we'll be able to buy it.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Prob be 2016 before we'll be able to buy it.

If it's released July 2015 then it will be available to purchase then as well. Hopefully there will be no invite system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

q3 so the words from ceo of oneplus said

How does one roll back to a previous update? Combo of reduced battery life and glitchy bluetooth are pretty annoying....I'm completely stock, not rooted or anything

How does one roll back to a previous update? Combo of reduced battery life and glitchy bluetooth are pretty annoying....I'm completely stock, not rooted or anything

I posted this already a few posts back.

At the bottom of the page is the link. Best download it quick before they update the page with the new update. Download the .zip file.

I posted this already a few posts back.

At the bottom of the page is the link. Best download it quick before they update the page with the new update. Download the .zip file.

That's great, thanks. Do I just download and execute that on the phone or do I need to use a program on the computer?

That's great, thanks. Do I just download and execute that on the phone or do I need to use a program on the computer?

Once you download that zip file un-zip it and then download the slimmed down version of ADB and Fastboot from here. Then run a command prompt in windows.

My battery drain after the update was due to an app. It was a camera related app (GifMaker) that has been on the phone for months and hasn't been used since Christmas.
    I did read a few people blaming snapchat too but I don't have that on my phone, so it's obviously the update affecting some existing apps.
    Anyway, phone is as great as ever now.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

My one plus one is due tomorrow :D

I'm guessing by the sounds of things I should avoid the latest update. I'm afraid I might really miss the stability of stock Android but we shall see..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

My one plus one is due tomorrow :D

I'm guessing by the sounds of things I should avoid the latest update. I'm afraid I might really miss the stability of stock Android but we shall see..

How long is the average delivery time?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

How long is the average delivery time?

Well I ordered mine through the German site to be delivered to mailboxde who then passed it to UPS to deliver to me.

I placed the order on the 5th of Feb, it was shipped on the 6th, arrived in mailboxde on the 10th, was shipped out from there on the 11th and is now due to be in my hands on the 16th (thought it'd be today :( ).

So roughly around 11 days (7 working) if you decide to go that route. The shipping was something like 35 euro in the end including mailboxde fees but it can be cheaper.

Probably went a little too heavy on detail there but ah well :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

My battery drain after the update was due to an app. It was a camera related app (GifMaker) that has been on the phone for months and hasn't been used since Christmas.
    I did read a few people blaming snapchat too but I don't have that on my phone, so it's obviously the update affecting some existing apps.
    Anyway, phone is as great as ever now.

I deleted the facebook app too. Was using 22% of battery. Battery lasted 2 days with moderate use after that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

I'm completely stock, not rooted or anything

CM 11 is not a stock rom I thought? Rooting also makes no difference to the phone, it only affects access I think. I just rooted (although I lost it again after update) to install AdAway.

Well I ordered mine through the German site to be delivered to mailboxde who then passed it to UPS to deliver to me.

I placed the order on the 5th of Feb, it was shipped on the 6th, arrived in mailboxde on the 10th, was shipped out from there on the 11th and is now due to be in my hands on the 16th (thought it'd be today :( ).

So roughly around 11 days (7 working) if you decide to go that route. The shipping was something like 35 euro in the end including mailboxde fees but it can be cheaper.

If you went with parcel motel you would have had it in 2-3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

updated mine a few days ago.
    Battery seems the same, my tap to wake is less responsive for sure.
    Sound seems better and louder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

battery is gone to **** since the update. not using push for anything and just the average texts etc. not happy :mad:
    was less than 33% at 5pm, usually its over 65% :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

CM 11 is not a stock rom I thought? Rooting also makes no difference to the phone, it only affects access I think. I just rooted (although I lost it again after update) to install AdAway.

CM11 is the stock rom for this phone. I.e. the rom from the factory.

daytob wrote: »
    battery is gone to **** since the update. not using push for anything and just the average texts etc. not happy :mad:
    was less than 33% at 5pm, usually its over 65% :confused:

Go into settings and battery and see what is using the most.
    On mine is it was something called mm-qcamera-daemon using 40% of battery, so I just deleted a few apps that use the camera (I had one that makes gifs). And it's perfect now, heavy enough use all day and it's still at 58% now at 9pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

After the update I was not getting any sound on calls, a reset fixed it though.

Battery is charging nice and quickly now. Maybe 30 mins on charge and it's gone from 15% to 70%.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Shellakybooky

Just setting up a mailboxde account. Do I need to put credit on the account first or do I just pay when the package arrives to them ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement