Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭b.gud

Just setting up a mailboxde account. Do I need to put credit on the account first or do I just pay when the package arrives to them ?

Wait until the package arrives. Then figure out which shipping method you want to use and put in the amount required for that method

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Shellakybooky

b.gud wrote: »
    Wait until the package arrives. Then figure out which shipping method you want to use and put in the amount required for that method

Many thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭lordstilton

Battery in ****e since update .. Do I need to root and install the old one ore is there an easy way to roll back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

People with no issues post update, did u factory reset at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Battery in ****e since update .. Do I need to root and install the old one ore is there an easy way to roll back?

I posted a link and a semi guide a few posts back. It is handy enough to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

naughtb4 wrote: »

have updated, no issues and did not factory reset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Same, no issues with anything after the update.
    I am not and have never rooted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Likewise, not rooted, never had an issue on any version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭b.gud

My phone was rooted and aside from having to root it again I've had no issues since the update

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Mine wasn't rooted. Went with standard OTA update, didn't go with factory rest just a full shutdown/reboot.

Battery was strange for first 48 hours, really noticed a couple of chargers were initially charging a lot slower.
    Seems to have resolved itself and no issues now. Double tap issue not affecting me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭FaganJr

Update team fine, no issues to report

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

How is everyone finding the headphone volume? Mine seems low all the time, I thought it was my headphones but i've switched to new headphones and it is still low.

It's weird because I have had the phone for a few months now and I don't recall it always being an issue but it definitely is now. If I'm walking on a busy road, I struggle to hear the audio. I'm using cheap enough sony in ear headphones but I've used these earphones on other phones and there was no volume issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

+1

How is everyone finding the headphone volume? Mine seems low all the time, I thought it was my headphones but i've switched to new headphones and it is still low.

It's weird because I have had the phone for a few months now and I don't recall it always being an issue but it definitely is now. If I'm walking on a busy road, I struggle to hear the audio. I'm using cheap enough sony in ear headphones but I've used these earphones on other phones and there was no volume issue.

I listen to music every day with my phone through earphones and don't have any problem. Don't usually be walking down busy roads though. Usually on a bus or train etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Updated and no problems this side at all.

Happy as a clam.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Got mine on Tuesday and I'm very happy I made the switch, I couldn't believe my battery life yesterday - I lost 10% battery in work throughout the whole day, my Nexus 5 would lose way more.

I noticed a very small dent on the top of it which is bothering me a little but I don't feel its enough to send it back. CM11 seems to be great, it's definitely a little more laggy and janky than stock but it doesn't bother me too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

The cyanogen cam app has stopped me viewing any pics in the gallery, they all load but are just black, buggy. Not had a problem with this before until tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 rpcy56

Anyone know where I could get the screen repaired. I had a tempered screen cover it is not cracked but screen is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

naughtb4 wrote: »

No, I installed the update, re-rooted and haven't had any issue since. Sitting here with 48% battery left after a full day at work which means making and taking calls, WiFi on all day, checking emails, surfing the web etc.

Maybe I just got lucky?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Hey, quick question. My mate has one of these phones & seems to be getting slower speeds through LTE/4G compared to my phone (One M8). We are both on 3 network. Any ideas why his speed is slower from the same location?

Cheers!

BenEadir wrote: »

Maybe I just got lucky?

I must get lucky with all the updates, as every time a new update comes along a few always say bad battery after update etc.. and I always say I have no issue since update or even since I first got the phone. I remember people had multi touch issues at first, never got that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Hi all,

Has anyone got the Ant+ functionality working on the phone since the last update? I'd like to use it to track cadence when out on my bike but I've no idea how to activate the Ant+ functionality. I expected to see an option to turn it on like there is but Bluetooth, Wifi etc but can't find anything.

Any help (and recommendations for a Cadence sensor/App combo) would be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

All my contacts were wiped off my phone yesterday, I tried rebooting, but I didn't have them backed up in google. I thought the numbers would have stayed on the sim card. Has anyone experienced this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

quick question, im going to buy the phone and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good cover for the phone? i've already spotted a screen protector but would like to get a cover for the phone as well, any help would be appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I have a couple of tudia ones and they are good but a little bulky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

When we getting the Android L update?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

All my contacts were wiped off my phone yesterday, I tried rebooting, but I didn't have them backed up in google. I thought the numbers would have stayed on the sim card. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Yep happened me the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

God only knows. I check in on the one plus forums every now and then (depressing place with all the fighting and thread derailing) and have no clue. Cyanogen said within 90 days of release of lollipop. Well that is long gone, but I'd say we'd get it soon. I don't think it's any big deal anyway. KitKat on this is great and my wife's nexus has it and it's not something I'd be pining for.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Looks like its March for OxygenOS and CM12S

Anyway lollipop is not that great. My mothers Nexus 7 had problems with lollipop so I put kitkat back onto it and it is perfect again. A lot of Nexus users have problems with lollipop, so maybe the lollipop source code is buggy and the different manufacturers are running into problems with their ROM's. Also it is not just Oneplus One that is still waiting for lollipop, other devices are as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Running recently CM12 nightly and its almost perfect.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

sentient_6 wrote: »

Agreed, very stable ROM :) . Been on it months now.

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Any risks or difficulties installing CM12?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

bryaner wrote: »
    Yep happened me the other day.

Did you manage to fix it?

sentient_6 wrote: »

I was on it when it first came out and went back to 11s ages ago. I think it was battery related or something else that I forget, it was something anyway so I said **** this I'm going back to 11s.

Some of the nightlies are better than others. The only issue I'm having with CM12 is the calculator crashes whenever you hit the equals key. Otherwise battery life and performance are on a par. I'm noticing it charges faster too - it would never charge properly in the car for me but now it's fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Delayed flashing cm12 nightlys for ages as assume cm12s would release soon but forgot this is oneplus so flashed it last night wish i did it sooner, i'd consider myself fairly tech but jayus trying to put phone in silent without vibrate and alarm working was painful!

Whats the process for flashing CM12S and anyone got a link to a stable one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Whats the process for flashing CM12S and anyone got a link to a stable one?
    cm12s isent released yet(and wont be till more than likely end of march) its cm12 nightlies which is beta as such......

cm12s isent released yet(and wont be till more than likely end of march) its cm12 nightlies which is beta as such......

If I download and install the nightly zip will it wipe all userdata?

• Advertisement

If I download and install the nightly zip will it wipe all userdata?

Rooting, installing a recovery and flashing CM12 nightly will involve losing data. After that it's OTA and I use titanium as a backup anyway.

Rooting, installing a recovery and flashing CM12 nightly will involve losing data. After that it's OTA and I use titanium as a backup anyway.

Last question I promise! Is there any significant change between 11 and 12 that would make it worthwhile checking it out?

Last question I promise! Is there any significant change between 11 and 12 that would make it worthwhile checking it out?

No, it's mainly cosmetic and novelty factor. You lose some functions, you gain some others. The material interface is nicer in use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Recently the phone switched itself off and two or three times it has started to play music by itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Mc Love wrote: »
    Recently the phone switched itself off and two or three times it has started to play music by itself

I've been getting the random music thing pretty much since I got the phone a couple months back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So did I until I removed it from lockscreen gestures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Thargor wrote: »
    So did I until I removed it from lockscreen gestures.

Thats probably why - must look into that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

Looking at moving to Meteor Sim-only plan with limited internet.
    Is the Data Usage tracking on the OPO fairly accurate to what is billed?
    Want to track usage and avoid excess charges.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

probably is, i use 3g watchdog though and never went over my limit of 1gb a month with tesco mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭ronano

Any recommendations for a charger that isn't official one plus?

Advertisement