Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

+1 on the playbook charger, have 4 of them. Cheap, long cable, charges nice and quickly and comes with all the travel adapters you'll ever need!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

maximoose wrote: »
    +1 on the playbook charger, have 4 of them. Cheap, long cable, charges nice and quickly and comes with all the travel adapters you'll ever need!

+1

I think I have 6 of them knocking around the house/car/travel case/office.

BTW, has anyone got 4G working on Vodafone? Have they rolled out band 3 4G anywhere?

I switched from Vodafone to Three a few months ago to take advantage of their band 20 4G compatibility with the OPO but despite living in a highly populated area of Dublin and working in another busy area I get shocking coverage from Three in both locations (one or sometimes no bars at all) despite their coverage map saying I'm bang in the middle of excellent coverage areas. I'm now seriously thinking about switching back to 3G on Vodafone as consistent 4-5 bars more or less everywhere of slower 3G from Vodafone is better than mega fast but rarely available 4G from Three.

I actually thought when Three and O2 put their networks together it would be better than I used to have on Vodafone but if anything it's worse. I drove down and back to Tipperary on Wednesday and the amount of times I lost calls on the way due to network blind/flat spots was unbelievable. How can there be no coverage along one of the main transport routes in the country? I know it's not a phone issue as when I insert my son's PAYG vodafone sim I instantly get full coverage. If I could get 4G on Vodafone I'd be back to them in a flash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Playbook Charger is the best USB charger ever made, I have 3, Ive even used it to bring devices back to life that family members had let go totally flat and couldn't get a charge back into them with any other cable.

I gave my OnePlus a serious toughness test this morning with no case or cover. I was taking off my hoodie in the bathroom at work and didn't realise the phone was in the front pocket and I ended up flinging it at the toilet so hard the crack when it hit the bowl made me jump, it was underwater for about 10 seconds aswell while I figured out what happened. Grabbed it, popped the back off dried it out under the cold air blower, not a scratch, didn't reboot or anything, seems fine now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

On the subject of chargers. Anyone know where to get a good quality cable? Theres loads on ebay or any chineese store for not much but are they any good? Don't want a bad quality cable to kill my batter.

Also, any recommended chargers to which you can plug in a usb cable or two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

BenEadir wrote: »
    BTW, has anyone got 4G working on Vodafone? Have they rolled out band 3 4G anywhere?

Afraid not. I'm still rocking "H" on my OPO even though my Vodafone plan entitles me to 4G.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

BenEadir wrote: »
    I actually thought when Three and O2 put their networks together it would be better than I used to have on Vodafone but if anything it's worse.
    I thought this was not allowed as part of the merger.
    They each had commitments to other providers in terms of network rollout (Three with Vodafone, O2 with Meteor/Eircom),
    and that they could only merge their networks after those agreements ran out.

When did you hear they merged networks? That is interesting indeed....:)

jozi wrote: »
    Also, any recommended chargers to which you can plug in a usb cable or two?

I've a couple of these I use for travelling with the family. Really useful where you might only have access to one socket but need to charge a couple of phones, tablet etc. This one I use for travel within Ireland/UK as it has a permanent UK/Irl 3 pin plug http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0073JB4QU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage but I also use this for international travel as it has a full set of adapters - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00J12L9OY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Anyone elses sleep/awake button not always responsive on wake up?

Might sometimes takes 3 or 4 attempts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

T3gyChxm.pngBu49kfVm.png

Using one of the latest CM12 nightly releases. I heard the battery life wasn't great but between work and home and spending a while setting up tasker profiles - battery still seems to be very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

johnb25 wrote: »
    Looking at moving to Meteor Sim-only plan with limited internet.
    Is the Data Usage tracking on the OPO fairly accurate to what is billed?
    Want to track usage and avoid excess charges.

Thanks

No offence but that is idiotic. The whole point got a smartphone is Internet. Get the sim only data plan they have a great one for twenty Euro with 3g what's app or viber for text messages.

Don't limit a smartphone. Otherwise grab an old Nokia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

listermint wrote: »
    No offence but that is idiotic. The whole point got a smartphone is Internet. Get the sim only data plan they have a great one for twenty Euro with 3g what's app or viber for text messages.

Don't limit a smartphone. Otherwise grab an old Nokia

As far as I can see, even 'unlimited' packages have a limit....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

ronano wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a charger that isn't official one plus?

You're gonna have to wait till October but I thought this looks pretty cool:
    http://igg.me/at/flexchargerII/x/4033518

johnb25 wrote: »
    As far as I can see, even 'unlimited' packages have a limit....

Way to take it out of context...

Who would use up 16gb on a smartphone. If your downloading torrents on your smartphone something wrong. Use WiFi.

I think my point. Limiting a smartphone with something like 1gb is pointless. Pick a smarter plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Anybody know if it was a case of just rocking up to the website to purchase on a Tuesday, or if there were queues and timeouts etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

depending on where you are in the world there is a time limit afaik. so say gmt might be from 4pm-7 or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

daytob wrote: »
    depending on where you are in the world there is a time limit afaik. so say gmt might be from 4pm-7 or something like that.

Website would suggested otherwise, 24 hour sale from 8 am GMT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

well then purchase from 8

I know it's been mentioned already but there's a big difference ordering in euro vs sterling. I went parcel motel 3 months ago for myself and spend about 350. £269 is now working out €370 and that would be even worse with PayPal. I just bought one for herself and it came to €315 with shipping to mailboxde in Germany so with another whatever 10 or 15 mailboxde will eventually charge thats still €330 at the most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone elses sleep/awake button not always responsive on wake up?

Might sometimes takes 3 or 4 attempts

You probably still have the proximity sensor setting checked. Infuriated me when I first got the phone!

Settings > Display and Lights > Prevent accidental wakeup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

You probably still have the proximity sensor setting checked. Infuriated me when I first got the phone!

Settings > Display and Lights > Prevent accidental wakeup

Awesome, fixed instantly.

Agreed it was absolutely infuriating was just about to contact OPO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Raging.
    Dropped my phone earlier and screen cracked. Case did nothing.
    Touchscreen won't work now either.
    What's the process for getting screen replaced? Send back to China?
    Really annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Been having a problem with WhatsApp when a message comes through and I go to open it or if I open it from the home screen it crashes then opens up when I click it again. Anyone else had this?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭EvanKelly6

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I know it's been mentioned already but there's a big difference ordering in euro vs sterling. I went parcel motel 3 months ago for myself and spend about 350. £269 is now working out €370 and that would be even worse with PayPal. I just bought one for herself and it came to €315 with shipping to mailboxde in Germany so with another whatever 10 or 15 mailboxde will eventually charge thats still €330 at the most.

Probably more now with the exchange rate gone to the dogs! It easy enough to do it through mailboxde? I don't mind waiting that extra bit!

Brego888 wrote: »
    Raging.
    Really annoying.

Did the same. The screen is fused to display. That's why it won't work.

Just ordered the screen digitizer and frame all in one from website. Im changing myself 94 dollars

vifocal.com

Did the same. The screen is fused to display. That's why it won't work.

Just ordered the screen digitizer and frame all in one from website. Im changing myself 94 dollars

vifocal.com

Did you find it hard to do? I've been researching it and seen conflicting reports.

EvanKelly6 wrote: »
    Probably more now with the exchange rate gone to the dogs! It easy enough to do it through mailboxde? I don't mind waiting that extra bit!

Sign up to mailboxde and they'll send you an email with the address to use. I have my oneplus account set up with my billing address as my home address and delivery address as previously parcel motel but now the mailboxde. When signed into the oneplus website I switched the flag to germany and ordered in euro. Mailbox doesn't cost anything initially until they receive the package then i believe you get a email with a price.

Raging.
    Really annoying.

I was given a quote of £107 for the part and labour, sent back to UK, picked up at no additional cost by DHL. Got a brand new phone back a week later.

• Advertisement

Did you find it hard to do? I've been researching it and seen conflicting reports.

Haven't don't it yet. Only broke Monday. Its not rocket science few screws.as i got the one with the frame it's easier. If you get the cheapest option of just digitizer and Lcd it requires heat to seperate. So went with the easier option.

I was given a quote of £107 for the part and labour, sent back to UK, picked up at no additional cost by DHL. Got a brand new phone back a week later.

150 Euro. Eh no thanks

Can you explain a bit more about how this worked? Sent to who in he UK? Sent with DHL or they picked it up in England?

Haven't don't it yet. Only broke Monday. Its not rocket science few screws.as i got the one with the frame it's easier. If you get the cheapest option of just digitizer and Lcd it requires heat to seperate. So went with the easier option.

Any idea on postage time of parts? Read on the oneplus forum that someone waited nearly 4 weeks.

Can you explain a bit more about how this worked? Sent to who in he UK? Sent with DHL or they picked it up in England?

It was picked up by courier in Belfast, went away to UK somewhere, new device arrived from *somewhere*.

Been playing around with different launchers the last few days and have settled on Nova, much slicker I think and more customisation options. Have added Unity UI icon packs which look pretty neat

One thing I can't settle on though is my clock widget. Any recommendations?

• Advertisement

Any idea on postage time of parts? Read on the oneplus forum that someone waited nearly 4 weeks.

Yes it does state 21-25 days So tbh id rather wait that and save myself in the region of 70 Euro than give it over to the UK. Its nearly double the price.

I have a backup old phone i can use. No big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Been playing around with different launchers the last few days and have settled on Nova, much slicker I think and more customisation options. Have added Unity UI icon packs which look pretty neat

Nova is great. I really like your clock widget. What is it ?

The one I have there is Minarch but you need to have Zooper Pro installed

EDIT: Actually with a little playing it's fairly simple to edit the layout of that widget, quite happy with it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What advantages does Nova have over stock?

Have had it installed on most phones up to know but liking Trebuchet

Yes it does state 21-25 days So tbh id rather wait that and save myself in the region of 70 Euro than give it over to the UK. Its nearly double the price.

I have a backup old phone i can use. No big deal.

Thanks for the reply.
    So in that link did you go for the first option? http://vifocal.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=oneplus+one+replacement+screen
    Or a different version completely?

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    What advantages does Nova have over stock?

Have had it installed on most phones up to know but liking Trebuchet

Ridiculous amount of customisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭EvanKelly6

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-to-expand-to-all-eu-countries.277266/

This is great news. No more arseing around with Parcel Motel/Mailboxde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Unless they charge a special rip-off Ireland price which they probably will...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭VandC

so today my battery died and now won't charge. switches on and says charging but battery level stays at zero and powers off if I unplug. has been working fine before this. anybody else had this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

VandC wrote: »
    so today my battery died and now won't charge. switches on and says charging but battery level stays at zero and powers off if I unplug. has been working fine before this. anybody else had this?

Leave it off and keep plugged in over night and then try

Thanks for the reply.
    So in that link did you go for the first option? http://vifocal.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=oneplus+one+replacement+screen
    Or a different version completely?

That's the one I opted for yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Is your phone rooted? Downloaded Nova and when I try to import from Trebuchet it doesn't recognise any of the apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

Thargor wrote: »
    Unless they charge a special rip-off Ireland price which they probably will...

Presumably the other options will still be there, so should keep a limit on how far they can take it.

• Site Banned Posts: 5 bananador

hi everyone, i have a galaxy s4 and i want to upgrade to the oneplus one. i understand it costs 330 euro in total to buy it online. my friend offered me 270 for my s4. should i sell it to him and buy the oneplus one now or should i wait for the oneplus two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Does anyone use the on screen buttons?

• Advertisement
Advertisement