Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Does anyone use the on screen buttons?

Yes. I fun the capacitive button placement to far down to reach comfortably when I hold the phone in 1 hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

bananador wrote: »
    hi everyone, i have a galaxy s4 and i want to upgrade to the oneplus one. i understand it costs 330 euro in total to buy it online. my friend offered me 270 for my s4. should i sell it to him and buy the oneplus one now or should i wait for the oneplus two?

Get the one plus one now I'd say, from what I've heard it'll be a few months off yet for 1+2, plus 270 is a good price to get for an s4...The longer you wait, the more susceptible to depreciation that's going to be...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭ronano

Anyone else battery gone to **** with the last cm 11 update? Any solutions that isn't installing older rom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

ronano wrote: »
    Anyone else battery gone to **** with the last cm 11 update? Any solutions that isn't installing older rom?

I read somewhere it is related to apps that use the camera. I know since i uninstalled Snapchat it has been much improved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

ronano wrote: »

Definitely noticed it a bit for the first few days, seems to have improved somehow though. Currently at 58% remaining, 21h on battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Hi

I did have an invite in a past life but not the money but now there is an 'open sale' on a Tuesday I may take a second look.

However one thing is that I believe cyanogenmod and one plus have parted ways and that cyanogenmod 11 is the latest rom thats on the phone but you can still flash cyanogenmod 12. New rom Oxygen will now be on the phones.
    Not used any of cyanogenmod roms before on android so not sure what its like?

So as new rom not out yet better to hold off and see how things go or just keep on manually flashing cyanogenmod updates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hi

I did have an invite in a past life but not the money but now there is an 'open sale' on a Tuesday I may take a second look.

However one thing is that I believe cyanogenmod and one plus have parted ways and that cyanogenmod 11 is the latest rom thats on the phone but you can still flash cyanogenmod 12. New rom Oxygen will now be on the phones.
    Not used any of cyanogenmod roms before on android so not sure what its like?

So as new rom not out yet better to hold off and see how things go or just keep on manually flashing cyanogenmod updates?
    Cyanogen & One plus have not parted ways. Well not anyway.
    Cm12s & Oxygen will be out shortly for the one plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

bananador wrote: »
    hi everyone, i have a galaxy s4 and i want to upgrade to the oneplus one. i understand it costs 330 euro in total to buy it online. my friend offered me 270 for my s4. should i sell it to him and buy the oneplus one now or should i wait for the oneplus two?

Take it for that quick as possible before he realises how much he's completely ripping himself off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

I've been holding out for a one plus one. Every time I go to purchase something crops up, but I'm making the plunge next month no matter what! My poor HTC is dying a death!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Stupidly updated my phone fully after I had to do a factory reset last night, I wanted to stay with 25R but Ill leave it for a week or 2 before I bother going back. Im forcing myself to use stock CM launcher now aswell and to try out different themes, Ive been using Apex launcher since the early days of Android and Im sick of it, all my devices have looked the same since Gingerbread.

One big problem Ive noticed is the double tap to wake function seems to have gone really sluggish, sometimes not working at all, anyone had this problem or seen a fix?

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Cyanogen & One plus have not parted ways. Well not anyway.
    Cm12s & Oxygen will be out shortly for the one plus.

Well they (one Plus and CM) are not actually 'friends' at the moment. I take it the one plus 2 will have the Oxygen Rom and for starters will be another 'invite' only when launched.

So may hold out until that comes out and see how things and prices go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Well they (one Plus and CM) are not actually 'friends' at the moment. I take it the one plus 2 will have the Oxygen Rom and for starters will be another 'invite' only when launched.

So may hold out until that comes out and see how things and prices go
    its q3, and given the rumours that are coming out there is very little to change apart from aesthetics, supposed to be a bit more expensive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 titan eddie

I'm in Dublin next week, need my OnePlusOne 64g rooted to Cyanogen Mod. Does anyone know a phone shop in the city that can do it. Tried it myself, by downloading the files and had an epic failure!!

Thanks in advance.

I'm in Dublin next week, need my OnePlusOne 64g rooted to Cyanogen Mod. Does anyone know a phone shop in the city that can do it. Tried it myself, by downloading the files and had an epic failure!!

Thanks in advance.

Ya wa?

Have a look at this video:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

I bought a one plus one and now my friend wants one. How do I get an invite code for him? Do they send them to me eventually?

• Advertisement

I bought a one plus one and now my friend wants one. How do I get an invite code for him? Do they send them to me eventually?

No invites needed on Tuesdays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I don't know are they even giving invites out anymore. I got a good few before and the last 3 I got about 2 months ago never got used nobody wanted them.

edit: yes they send them to you randomly.

Ok going to take the plunge and buy one of these on the open Sales Tuesday. Has anyone bought on the open sales and was there any issues i.e they don't limit the amount sold or anything else?

Also going to buy a case with it but is there anything else that I should buy like charger or can you get casing or charger cheaper elsewhere?

Going to get it delivered to Germany via mailboxde and get it shipped here anyone done that and have any issues and take long?

If anyone has an invite to share to save me the bother for waiting to buy tomorrow and get today PM me:D

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Ok going to take the plunge and buy one of these on the open Sales Tuesday. Has anyone bought on the open sales and was there any issues i.e they don't limit the amount sold or anything else?

Also going to buy a case with it but is there anything else that I should buy like charger or can you get casing or charger cheaper elsewhere?

Going to get it delivered to Germany via mailboxde and get it shipped here anyone done that and have any issues and take long?

If anyone has an invite to share to save me the bother for waiting to buy tomorrow and get today PM me:D

Cheers

I ordered one last Tuesday on the Oneplus.net/de store and I am having it sent via mailboxde.com also. However, it was at 'Awaiting shipment' for all of last week and status only changed to 'Processing' this morning. Hopefully, it should be on the way in a day or two.

I am buying a Diztronic case from amazon.co.uk for £10 (goddam exchange rate!) and I have already ordered a Playbook travel charger that works well with the OPO apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Like he said, get the Diztronic case from Amazon, its brilliant, have dropped my phone a few times and havent had any issues with it.

I also bought this based on the reviews it has and its a great screen protector.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KRH80OY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

• Advertisement

Cheers

I was looking more at the flip covers a few on amazon but with the price probably cost just as much to ship or better to order flip case and extra charger with Amazon? Also any issue when you ordered on the Tuesday or is it as easy as pie or is it as bad as buying on ticketmaster for a concert with the waiting and buffering :confused:

Also registered on mailboxde so what’s the story when ordering just choose the German flag on deliver and put the address In that mailboxde sent? Finally do mailboxde inform you when it arrives and then you pay their delivery costs?

Once received I am sure I will have more questions re updating and flashing updates but for now it’s more about getting it first :)

Fecks sake battery life is perfect since I updated fully, cant really see any difference compared to 25R but the double-tap to wake being slugish is driving me nuts, sometimes it takes 3 attempts...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94526040&postcount=1973
    Someone posted a fix a few days ago.

Settings > Display and Lights > Prevent accidental wakeup
    Make sure it is unchecked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Cheers

I was looking more at the flip covers a few on amazon but with the price probably cost just as much to ship or better to order flip case and extra charger with Amazon? Also any issue when you ordered on the Tuesday or is it as easy as pie or is it as bad as buying on ticketmaster for a concert with the waiting and buffering :confused:
    Also registered on mailboxde so what’s the story when ordering just choose the German flag on deliver and put the address In that mailboxde sent? Finally do mailboxde inform you when it arrives and then you pay their delivery costs?
    Once received I am sure I will have more questions re updating and flashing updates but for now it’s more about getting it first :)

having bought a lot of flip covers I can say that the ones I got are ****e. Maybe its just me but i felt the covers were cack. that being said they did work well on the opening to wake feature. they just wouldnt protect the phone that much, again it was my personal preference and you might like them.
    afaik the tuesday ordering is easy peasy, dont pay any heed to the fact that the order is pending shipping, this has been said time and time again on here, most times it might be with the courier company you use before it gets changed. Never used mailbox.de so no idea.
    updating is fairly easy if you want to, just go to settings about phone and if its there you can update. most here will wait to see how stable it is or if its worth putting it on. * might affect the battery and whatnot. so best to see what others are finding wrong with it.
    if you are updating it though make sure your battery is at least 65% charged, just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

My note 4 got nicked on Saturday night (had it 3 weeks) the one plus one is looking like a decent value alternative. Few questions, how long does shipping take and how do i get an invite? I see there is an open window tonight but id like to get it ordered today as i need a phone for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Yep, I ordered by using the German OnePlus site and entered the address that mailboxde give you. Mine shipped from the UK so it took around 3 days to get to Germany.

They do inform you when it arrives. It advises you to top up your account beforehand to pay for delivery to you but I wouldn't bother, just wait until they tell you your shipment has arrived and is ready for dispatch to you. It cost me roughly 24 euro in total for mailboxde in fees and shipping with UPS but there are cheaper options.

Checked or unchecked the behaviour is the same, actually its behaving itself now after a reboot, hopefully it resolved itself...

Yep, I ordered by using the German OnePlus site and entered the address that mailboxde give you. Mine shipped from the UK so it took around 3 days to get to Germany.

They do inform you when it arrives. It advises you to top up your account beforehand to pay for delivery to you but I wouldn't bother, just wait until they tell you your shipment has arrived and is ready for dispatch to you. It cost me roughly 24 euro in total for mailboxde in fees and shipping with UPS but there are cheaper options.

Cheers

Need to bookmark the DE site

Also I see on the oneplus site it has 'On March 10th, we are expanding to all EU countries'. So would it be just as cheap to get it delivered direct to myself even with s**t Sterling rates:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭b.gud

Cheers

Need to bookmark the DE site

Also I see on the oneplus site it has 'On March 10th, we are expanding to all EU countries'. So would it be just as cheap to get it delivered direct to myself even with s**t Sterling rates:mad:

I'd imagine if they are selling here then you'll be paying in euros unless they put a huge premium on the price and it ends up cheaper to go through the UK, which I don't think will happen. I reckon we'll see pretty much the same price as Germany

b.gud wrote: »
    I'd imagine if they are selling here then you'll be paying in euros unless they put a huge premium on the price and it ends up cheaper to go through the UK, which I don't think will happen. I reckon we'll see pretty much the same price as Germany

Find out tomorrow and hopefully get it sooner if via UK. So its about €340 ish if ordered via Germany including delivery from Germany??Need to check when ordering total value

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    Checked or unchecked the behaviour is the same, actually its behaving itself now after a reboot, hopefully it resolved itself...

I always update to newest version once it arrives and my double tap to wake is perfect. I even tested it numerous times just now before i posted this reply.

I'm running the lollipop nightlies and I'm finding the battery life a lot better.
    This maybe because I'm now running less apps than before but it's good to see it performing so well on the latest version of Android.

Hi guys, my one plus one just completely went dead on 60% battery, wouldn't even respond to a charger being plugged in...performed a soft reset by holding power button and volume down, which brought up a recovery menu, from which I was able to reboot the phone successfully.Thankfully, seems to be OK now...has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Hi guys, my one plus one just completely went dead on 60% battery, wouldn't even respond to a charger being plugged in...performed a soft reset by holding power button and volume down, which brought up a recovery menu, from which I was able to reboot the phone successfully.Thankfully, seems to be OK now...has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Nothing to worry about sure Windows PC's sometimes have errors and then work perfect again for a few months.

Nothing to worry about sure Windows PC's sometimes have errors and then work perfect again for a few months.

That's true, I have just remembered that I think something similar happened with my HTC one M7...hence, probably how I knew where to find the soft reset option!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

It's either a dodgy battery or an irregular app process caused a crash. More than likely the latter.

Usually if you dial *#*#4636#*#*

Click on battery info

And if it said "Good" it wasn't the battery.

It's nothing to worry about anyways unless it becomes a repeat issue even after a factory reset!

Ok took the plunge and bought one and delivery to Ireland including charger is €319...back of the net:D

Now to look for a case. I take it that it comes with CyanogenMod 11 and for 12 you need to flash it manually correct? Also better to jailbreak it and modify phone.

So where do I start once received any suggestions?

Cheers

Ok took the plunge and bought one and delivery to Ireland including charger is €319...back of the net:D

Now to look for a case. I take it that it comes with CyanogenMod 11 and for 12 you need to flash it manually correct? Also better to jailbreak it and modify phone.

Cheers

Obviously be careful when doing this but I used the following guide to root and install TWRP:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2788632

Then installed the CM12 nightlies from:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/rom-cyanogenmod-12-oneplus-one-t2994967

I'm on the 4th March nightly currently with no issues.

Obviously be careful when doing this but I used the following guide to root and install TWRP:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/rom-cyanogenmod-12-oneplus-one-t2994967

Just what I came in to ask, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Cheers
    They deliver direct to Ireland now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

I am looking forward to when both the power bank and bamboo case becomes available to order.

https://oneplus.net/ie/oneplus-power-bank

First Id heard of that power bank, just what I needed so Ill hold off on the Xiaomi for now until we see some reviews of this. Id love to see Oneplus release a case with this power bank built in for travelling. I prefer the softtouch material to bamboo any day so no interest in that.

Also I just realised that double tap to wake works perfectly if I do it in the top 1/3 or bottom 1/3 of the screen, middle seems to be a deadzone, I have no weird widgets running or anything like that to account for it but at least I can go back to using it now.

Wow looks daunting I thought you could do it via software like Odin or something. Not that technically minded to try this yet

Is it worth rooting it or can you add those 'Apps' not on play without root?

Wow looks daunting I thought you could do it via software like Odin or something. Not that technically minded to try this yet

Is it worth rooting it or can you add those 'Apps' not on play without root?

I did not find it difficult but I would advise you to read through it carefully to try and get an understanding on what is happening.

You cannot flash roms without unlocking the boot loader and installing a custom recovery so I doubt there are any apps available that will cater for your need.

• Advertisement

frantic190 wrote: »
    It's either a dodgy battery or an irregular app process caused a crash. More than likely the latter.

Usually if you dial *#*#4636#*#*

Click on battery info

And if it said "Good" it wasn't the battery.

It's nothing to worry about anyways unless it becomes a repeat issue even after a factory reset!
    Battery says good anyway...must be an app process problem... Thanks for sharing that dial code with me

Battery says good anyway...must be an app process problem... Thanks for sharing that dial code with me

Just an update... Got home and WiFi has gone ballistic. Just spent the last hour and a half, adjusting settings and the like and it made no difference. When the WiFi symbol goes orange and you turn it off, it won't connect to 3G either!

Rebooted again about 20 mins ago and it seems to be staying connected now...???
    Am with UPC...but have Wifree turned off???

Edit:/Nope, problem still persisting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I dont understand the whole Cyanogen thing... its running on Android 4.4? Can it be easily updated to Android Lollipop? (On the phone without a lengthy installing process). I haven't a clue about flashing and all that jazz.....

I dont understand the whole Cyanogen thing... its running on Android 4.4? Can it be easily updated to Android Lollipop? (On the phone without a lengthy installing process). I haven't a clue about flashing and all that jazz.....

Better to wait so because it's on the way soon anyway. Two separate roms actually, it's complicated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Better to wait so because it's on the way soon anyway. Two separate roms actually, it's complicated!

Ahhhh I just saw there it was meant to be released in March. Im guessing the bugs mentioned in this thread are from people who jail braked/jailbroken their phone or modified it in some way?

• Advertisement
Advertisement