Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Wow looks daunting I thought you could do it via software like Odin or something. Not that technically minded to try this yet

Is it worth rooting it or can you add those 'Apps' not on play without root?

Have a look at bacon root toolkit, I've used it (and the nexus equivalent) a few times. It seemed a bit more temper mental on the oneplus than nexus but worked fine several times. Not sure though if it will allow you to flash a different run than stock oneplus?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭DUBLIN_person

Has anyone sent a one plus one back? What is the correct procedure? With mine, the WiFi is only intermittently working, even after a full factory restore! Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Just an update... Got home and WiFi has gone ballistic. Just spent the last hour and a half, adjusting settings and the like and it made no difference. When the WiFi symbol goes orange and you turn it off, it won't connect to 3G either!

Rebooted again about 20 mins ago and it seems to be staying connected now...???
    Am with UPC...but have Wifree turned off???

Edit:/Nope, problem still persisting

Have you got Bluetooth turned on? There's a known issue where 2.4GHz WiFi conflicts with Bluetooth. Either turn off Bluetooth and reconnect to WiFi and see if that improves things or leave Bluetooth on and switch to the 5GHz band (if you have dual band WiFi) and see if that solves the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Can the OPO do split screen i.e. have one app running on the top half of the screen and another app running on the bottom half?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

BenEadir wrote: »
    Can the OPO do split screen i.e. have one app running on the top half of the screen and another app running on the bottom half?

No. It was Samsungs Note II who first done that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Has anyone sent a one plus one back? What is the correct procedure? With mine, the WiFi is only intermittently working, even after a full factory restore! Thanks

As of Tuesday they now officially sell to Ireland so there should be a returns process if you contact them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

What version of android are people using? Anyone on cm12 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

tw0nk wrote: »
    What version of android are people using? Anyone on cm12 ?

Ya i'm running 12. Really liking 11th March nightly, far as i can tell perfectly stable with battery life returning back towards CM11S levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Lost my OPO :(

It hasn't been turned on since I lost it, so it's not in the hands of some little scrote. I used Google to turn on a screen password and to put an alternative number to call me on the screen, but it's been over a week at this stage.

Had all my bank cards etc with it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Sorry to hear about that Baldy Conscience - replied to your PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

The one plus power bank is supposed to be released on paddy's day if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭Red Wolf

Lost my OPO :(

It hasn't been turned on since I lost it, so it's not in the hands of some little scrote. I used Google to turn on a screen password and to put an alternative number to call me on the screen, but it's been over a week at this stage.

Had all my bank cards etc with it too.

Lost mine last week too. annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Dropped my phone last night and picked it up no damage to screen etc. Noticed this morning that all my contacts are gone. Tried importing from sim but nothing shows up. If input a number in and put it in to phone as a new contact some of my contacts come up on screen to search through but not all of them.
    Anybody any ideas what's happened? I have tried putting in sim card again but nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

log out of your google account and log back in. they might be all in your google contacts. it might have changed somehow to only show a certain other set of contacts.you might not need to do this but hope it helps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Just got my oneplusplus,before I start installing stuff onto it is there anything I need to do first?
    I seen ppl mentioning rooting a few pages or apps I should put onto it first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

daytob wrote: »
    log out of your google account and log back in. they might be all in your google contacts. it might have changed somehow to only show a certain other set of contacts.you might not need to do this but hope it helps

Didn't work but after much messing about I deleted my lists etc and then tried importing from sim and hey presto all back.

Now why in the hell did it do that and was it anything to do with me dropping it???

Fook knows!!!

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Just got my oneplusplus,before I start installing stuff onto it is there anything I need to do first?

Yes unlock the bootloader as that wipes the phone so once that is done all is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭glorified g

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    The one plus power bank is supposed to be released on paddy's day if anyone's interested.

Considering making an investment into this. Very rare that I get caught with no juice in my phone but my tablet and few other techy bits are hopeless. Considering the price and spec it seems like a great bargain.

Personally I would say no its not necessary and just jump in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Yes root and I'd suggest you look at changing the screen density. The phone looks a lot better with a dpi of 380.
    I used the app textroider_dpi on the play store to make the change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,819 ✭✭✭b.gud

Yes root and I'd suggest you look at changing the screen density. The phone looks a lot better with a dpi of 380.
    I used the app textroider_dpi on the play store to make the change.

Seconded on changing the screen density you'll get so much more info on the screen if you do.

Having said that some people do prefer the bigger icons and text and stuff at the default density of 480

b.gud wrote: »
    Seconded on changing the screen density you'll get so much more info on the screen if you do.

Having said that some people do prefer the bigger icons and text and stuff at the default density of 480

I prefer it stock as I came from a Note II with the same size screen and bigger icons and once I changed the dpi on this phone I did not like the smaller text and icons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, I'm guessing not, but I'm not sure what other thread is suitable for my question, sorry.

About to order this but just wondering if there is anyway to get around the delivery to get it free or cheaper?

€20 seems a bit steep to me?

Thanks for the suggestions guys,probably leave it as is but might change the dpi alright.

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, I'm guessing not, but I'm not sure what other thread is suitable for my question, sorry.

About to order this but just wondering if there is anyway to get around the delivery to get it free or cheaper?

€20 seems a bit steep to me?

There is no other way but considering you are still getting it cheaper than buying from the UK(old way) even with postage I do not see the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

Do any apps stop working with a changed dpi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I found all apps work but you do end up having to sideload the occasional one because Google Play doesn't think your phone is compatible, it doesnt happen often but it was enough that I stopped messing with dpi after my last wipe.

Thargor wrote: »
    I found all apps work but you do end up having to sideload the occasional one because Google Play doesn't think your phone is compatible, it doesnt happen often but it was enough that I stopped messing with dpi after my last wipe.

Cheers, would it be a case of setting it back to install the app and then change dpi again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

I've have my Samsung gear setup with the opo but all call audio is sent through the watch even if the call is answered on the phone. Any way around this ?

gar wrote: »
    Cheers, would it be a case of setting it back to install the app and then change dpi again?

Another thing to note is updates will not install once you change the dpi.

• Advertisement

Lads I started a FAS course and I want to have my phone be on vibrate only during working hours. Is this a built in feature or will I need an app? Blooming thing went off this morning when the boss was speaking to us all!! Something to do with profiles or summat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads I started a FAS course and I want to have my phone be on vibrate only during working hours. Is this a built in feature or will I need an app? Blooming thing went off this morning when the boss was speaking to us all!! Something to do with profiles or summat?

You could download Trigger. I have it on my phone and it works well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I just press Volume down a few times to set it to vibrate only.

Another thing to note is updates will not install once you change the dpi.

Changed it and it looks great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I wonder has everyone here complaining about battery done this:

Settings > Privacy > Privacy Guard > 3 dots in the top right > Show built in Apps > Long Press on Google Play services then change Allowed to Deny on the Wake Up and Keep Awake entries. Then Reboot.

Ive basically restored my battery performance to the way it was on 25R with the latest OTA update by doing that, standby lasts for days again and I wont bother reverting now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

I bought one of the cases on the one plus one site when I was ordering the phone. I've since put on the screen protector that's currently on adverts.ie. What I need though is a more durable case as I've dropped the phone twice and it's cracked the corners of the case (which I'm not too worried about) but the falls have left marks in the exposed silver edge. Can anyone recommend something <€20 that I can get if a few days?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Is this phone affected by the Heartbleed bug?

It was a big story last year. The current phone Im using is vulnerable to the Heartbleed bug (Im on Android 4.1)

if someone could check using the app below, I'd appreciate it.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.heartbleeddetector

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I bought one of the cases on the one plus one site when I was ordering the phone. I've since put on the screen protector that's currently on adverts.ie. What I need though is a more durable case as I've dropped the phone twice and it's cracked the corners of the case (which I'm not too worried about) but the falls have left marks in the exposed silver edge. Can anyone recommend something <€20 that I can get if a few days?

Thanks

Diztronic case from Amazon is great.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Is this phone affected by the Heartbleed bug?

It was a big story last year. The current phone Im using is vulnerable to the Heartbleed bug (Im on Android 4.1)

if someone could check using the app below, I'd appreciate it.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lookout.heartbleeddetector

Just checked on mine and its fine.

Thanks

For sheer tank protection you can't go wrong with the Tudia but it comes from the states so will take a few weeks:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TUDIA-Slim-Fit-CYGEN-Protective-OnePlus/dp/B00O5QAI8O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426519536&sr=8-1&keywords=oneplus+tudia

• Advertisement

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Just checked on mine and its fine.

Does it say

"The version of OpenSSL on your device is affected by the Heartbleed bug.

But the vulnerable behaviour is not enable

Everything is OK" ??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Does it say

"The version of OpenSSL on your device is affected by the Heartbleed bug.

But the vulnerable behaviour is not enable

Everything is OK" ??

Yep that's it.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Yep that's it.

Thanks. Thats bizarre, i though the phone would have been updated so it would be affected by the heartbleed bug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Hi all,

Back again with another question - need to order a case for the phone tonight or tomorrow, and want to get a flip/fold over case for it.

Can anyone recommend any?

I've been recommended this case, and if I can't get a suitable flip/fold over cover, I'll order this one instead.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/TUDIA-Bumper-Protective-OnePlus-Smartphone/dp/B00LWSRVN8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426406740&sr=8-1&keywords=tudia+oneplus+slim+ultra

Will be getting one of these protectors for the screen also, so have that sorted, just the case I need.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Orzly%C2%AE-Tempered-Protective-Protector-SmartPhone-CRYSTAL-CLEAR/dp/B00KQKATH8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426459724&sr=8-1&keywords=Orzly%C2%AE+-+OnePlus+ONE

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GoDoSmith%C2%AE-Protector-explosion-Waterproof-Incredible-transparent/dp/B00TRFKXSS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426406836&sr=8-1&keywords=glass+of+the+titans+oneplus

^^
    Just on that,would people recommended getting the screen protector?
    Is it very noticable on the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

^^
    Just on that,would people recommended getting the screen protector?
    Is it very noticable on the phone?

To the poster above you, I have the bumper case and like it. I also have the ozrl screen protector, again I'd like it allot. Easy to apply with little air bubble issues. It does give the screen bit more of a sheen in sunlight and at first feels like it makes the screen I guess more slick less precise with thumb movement. After 2 days I forgot about it and I'm happy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Thinking of taking the leap from my SG 3 to a One Plus One. I just have 2 questions I was hoping somebody here could answer for me?

1. What is the wi-fi signal like on it?

2. I live in a rural area and at home I can only make mobile calls in certain rooms in the house :) Is the signal good on a One Plus One?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Is it worth making the jump from tesco mobile to 3 for 4G on the one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

jonny_b wrote: »
    Is it worth making the jump from tesco mobile to 3 for 4G on the one?

Depends on the price really. How much will it set you back and will you be in 4g areas all the time to appreciate it

• Advertisement

gazzer wrote: »
    Thinking of taking the leap from my SG 3 to a One Plus One. I just have 2 questions I was hoping somebody here could answer for me?

1. What is the wi-fi signal like on it?

2. I live in a rural area and at home I can only make mobile calls in certain rooms in the house :) Is the signal good on a One Plus One?

Thanks.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94658804&postcount=120

Advertisement