Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

jonny_b wrote: »
    Way too attached to iOS

You're making a terrible decision, seriously.

Give the phone two weeks man. Change the themes as much as you like to find something that might keep you entertained.

The customizability of this phone is infinite in comparison to iOS.

Just think of it like this, if you can break that duck and get out of the world of iOS you will have a phone that is just as good for a fraction of the price.

1 hour and saying nope is pretty funny though.

Good luck either way. I know I'm glad I've gotten away from iOS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

iggy wrote: »
    Just ordered my OPO.
    Is it good to go straight out of the box or do I need to do anything that's worthwhile before setting it up?

If I leave was it is will I get updates OTA?
    Cheers

Well if you want to unlock the bootloader and root etc... Unlock the bootloader first as it wipes the phone when you do it.

If you leave it as you will get updates OTA, but unlocking bootloader and rooting you can still install updates(I'm not sure if OTA, as I always update manually when the update comes around) That is the quickest way as sometimes you can be waiting a week or more OTA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Well if you want to unlock the bootloader and root etc... Unlock the bootloader first as it wipes the phone when you do it.

If you leave it as you will get updates OTA, but unlocking bootloader and rooting you can still install updates(I'm not sure if OTA, as I always update manually when the update comes around) That is the quickest way as sometimes you can be waiting a week or more OTA.
    Cheers. I'll have a look around and see
    easiests way to unlock bootloader .

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

irishmover wrote: »
    You're making a terrible decision, seriously.

Give the phone two weeks man. Change the themes as much as you like to find something that might keep you entertained.

The customizability of this phone is infinite in comparison to iOS.

Just think of it like this, if you can break that duck and get out of the world of iOS you will have a phone that is just as good for a fraction of the price.

1 hour and saying nope is pretty funny though.

Good luck either way. I know I'm glad I've gotten away from iOS.

Netflix Rte player and snapchat sound were all out of sync with the picture.... I will more than likely return it during the 14 day returns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Google play services using 20 percent of battery. Any ideas latest official update.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Netflix Rte player and snapchat sound were all out of sync with the picture.... I will more than likely return it during the 14 day returns

I've never had that happen, ever. Sounds a bit defeatist/excuses to just switch back to iOS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-htc-thunderbolt/105188-netflix-audio-out-sync.html
    did you try a different show movie on netflix?
    rte player has been known to be out of sync too. have you tried opening it in a browser?

though after an hour if you were able to try all those, and set up the phone first go, I dont think you got the full android experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Finally got my OPO yesterday after waiting over 2 weeks, I had ordered it from Germany about 3 days before they started shipping here direct.

Initial impressions are very good - well built, thin and not as big or bulky as I was thought it might be (I'm upgrading from a Nexus 4). Seems to be pretty nippy moving from app to app.

Just waiting for a Diztronic case to arrive, I'll probably also get an Orzly tempered glass screen protector as well.

One niggle so far - has anyone experienced problems with a weak wifi signal - I am definitely down a bar at home compared to my trusty Nexus 4? I did a search as it has been an issue for some people since release, hopefully the next update to CM12 will fix this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

gar wrote: »
    Cheers, changing it back to see how I get on
    Just strange that the notifications stopped at the same time.

Ill see how I get on

After changing notifications back and battery back to normal.
    I probably didnt need that fix anyway as im using greenify.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Finally got my OPO yesterday after waiting over 2 weeks, I had ordered it from Germany about 3 days before they started shipping here direct.

Initial impressions are very good - well built, thin and not as big or bulky as I was thought it might be (I'm upgrading from a Nexus 4). Seems to be pretty nippy moving from app to app.

Just waiting for a Diztronic case to arrive, I'll probably also get an Orzly tempered glass screen protector as well.

One niggle so far - has anyone experienced problems with a weak wifi signal - I am definitely down a bar at home compared to my trusty Nexus 4? I did a search as it has been an issue for some people since release, hopefully the next update to CM12 will fix this.

If you have Bluetooth turned on and are using 2.4GHz WiFi you'll most likely have a problem which is well known. Try turning off Bluetooth and see what the WiFi performance is like on the 2.4GHz band or leave Bluetooth on and switch to the 5GHz band if you have a dual band router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,085 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is anyone else having an issue with the music playback buttons on the lockscreen? Mine are not working at all & have to unlock the phone to play/pause/skip music playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've noticed that occasionally since the last update yeah. Vol Up/Down works for skipping tracks but the on screen buttons unresponsive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

MayoForSam wrote: »
    .....One niggle so far - has anyone experienced problems with a weak wifi signal - I am definitely down a bar at home compared to my trusty Nexus 4? I did a search as it has been an issue for some people since release, hopefully the next update to CM12 will fix this.

I found the opposite. Using Wifi Analyser my signal improved from -72db to -54db moving from N4 to OPO. Rarely use BLuetooth so normally switched off and both phones set to 2.4ghz only.

However, I suspect I may have had one of the N4s with the dodgy Wifi but it was a good enuff signal for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ok have mine but still yet to mess around with it

Few questions
    1. What is the easiest and simple way to root?
    2. I am looking for a flip cover case any recommendations?
    3. I want to buy a charger but are there usb cables that can do the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

hi all had the phone a few days and loving it but a problem, i was on that vodafone deal of top up by 20 they take 10 and get 5 gb data, only used 1 gb when i swapped over to my opo, using it on my break and it stopped loading pages check my credit and it was all gone (had about 30 euro :( ) , but when i checked my data usage ive only 150 mb used, i though i remember someone mentioning whats app using up alot of data, any help would be appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Ok have mine but still yet to mess around with it

Few questions
    1. What is the easiest and simple way to root?
    2. I am looking for a flip cover case any recommendations?
    3. I want to buy a charger but are there usb cables that can do the job?
    Have a look for wugfresh bacon root toolkit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Hococop wrote: »
    hi all had the phone a few days and loving it but a problem, i was on that vodafone deal of top up by 20 they take 10 and get 5 gb data, only used 1 gb when i swapped over to my opo, using it on my break and it stopped loading pages check my credit and it was all gone (had about 30 euro :( ) , but when i checked my data usage ive only 150 mb used, i though i remember someone mentioning whats app using up alot of data, any help would be appreciated

Checked with vodafone or on the phone itself? Any usage from whatsapp should show up under the data usage in settings though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Checked with vodafone or on the phone itself? Any usage from whatsapp should show up under the data usage in settings though.

on the phone, it seems like something ate into the remaining 3.5gb of data and it was using my credit then to roam, im assuming vodafone themselves could tell me what happened?

from what i can see it seems like when i put my sim in the opo it never recognised that i still had 3gb of data left, used it today which charged 2 euro for 100mb, passed that then charged 1 euro for ever mb so that drained the rest all i can do is ring vf tomorrow and see what they say, whats the chances of getting my credit back? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

Anyone use the cabbage app for to use web texts? The msgs I send using cabbage don't appear in my msgs thread like it use to on my S3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Meanaspie wrote: »
    Anyone use the cabbage app for to use web texts? The msgs I send using cabbage don't appear in my msgs thread like it use to on my S3

Haven't used webtexts apps in years. Whatsapp & Viber made them redundant imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Same for me also. Don't think there is a way around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Have you checked that you have the correct APN settings? IIRC Vodafone have two settings, maybe you're on the wrong one for the PAYG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

If your OPO is rooted see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93386675&postcount=1300

Appears to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Placed an order yesterday. Looking forward to playing with my new toy. Have had a Samsung Galaxy for the last 3 years so its a big change :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Hi lads, Just got my OPO recently and had a few questions.

1. Have there been issues with the USB adapter? I tired to charge my phone with it, no luck. Then I switched to an old HTC adapter and had no issues.

2. Are there any decent anti-theft apps out there, would be a shame if I lost it.(always have data on if this counts)

3. Any way to change the screen DPI without rooting the phone?

Thanks!

Noticed that android OS seems to be chewing my battery any ideas/suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

There is nothing wrong there you got 22 hours with 15% left.

Whats your total screen on time out of that? If its in the 6+ region your doing fine.

Whats your total screen on time out of that? If its in the 6+ region your doing fine.

Screen Time on is 2.5hrs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

irishgeo wrote: »
    Google play services using 20 percent of battery. Any ideas latest official update.
    Thargor wrote: »
    I wonder has everyone here complaining about battery done this:

Settings > Privacy > Privacy Guard > 3 dots in the top right > Show built in Apps > Long Press on Google Play services then change Allowed to Deny on the Wake Up and Keep Awake entries. Then Reboot.

Ive basically restored my battery performance to the way it was on 25R with the latest OTA update by doing that, standby lasts for days again and I wont bother reverting now.
    See above.

• Advertisement

Screen Time on is 2.5hrs...

That's very poor but there's nothing that can be don't about android system it must be something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That's very poor but there's nothing that can be don't about android system it must be something else.
    Actually it could be a dodgy app hiding behind Android system, I had a golf game doing that to me before even though Id never even played it, I only realised it was the golf app when I woke up one morning and had a message from it saying it couldnt access the network, uninstalled and it fixed it straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

For the invite system is there only 2 types of invites, global invites and india specific invites?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I'd be doing well to get 4 hours screen time. Screen wouldn't be too bright and I don't have Bluetooth GPS etc turned on.

Thargor wrote: »
    Actually it could be a dodgy app hiding behind Android system, I had a golf game doing that to me before even though Id never even played it, I only realised it was the golf app when I woke up one morning and had a message from it saying it couldnt access the network, uninstalled and it fixed it straight away.

Any idea how I might go figuring out the app that's causing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Any idea how I might go figuring out the app that's causing it?

If it was me I'd do a full factory reset and add in apps slowly over a couple [ of days to isolate and identify them rogue apps. Just make sure to read up on implications and back up all photos/files on device elsewhere before full reset. Also worth going on a rutuless app cull. Do you need all thse apps., just because you downloaded them 5 years back doesn't mean you still use/need them all. Keep them in your app library/collection And do a quick install should you need them again. Vanilla kit kat and lollipop now also include several features which in the past needed special separate add-on apps. No point duplication and consuming battery.

Has anyone much experience playing around with paranoid androids past work?
    Anyone one done the above playing around with CM12 night lies and care to compare to existing default CM on OPO. My understanding is well get the CM12 OTA similar to how we've received CM11update but if we want the new Oxygen OS it will require a side load.

CM12s is a lollipop upgrade. Will Oxygen be based on the same?

Looks like some people here are having battery life well below the excellent 24-36 hours I get. Check whether its the constant roaming between 3g on Three, constantly searching for a better signal will kill battery life. And try a few days without Facebook app and what's app and see if it improves things as they're constantly culprits on numerous devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Hococop wrote: »

You're using the wrong access point. I did the same thing. Change it from isp.vodafone to live.vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 22 del23

Just wondering if anybody got insured their Opo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

del23 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody got insured their Opo?

When I looked into it before christmas I was told by several providers they couldn't/wouldn't insure it as it was available to the Irish market so sourcing a replacement would be too much work for them.

Now that it's available to purchase in Ireland I wonder if they will revise this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone know when the next update is out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Mc Love wrote: »
    Anyone know when the next update is out?

March 30th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

March 30th

2016 :(

Oxegen os 27th and cm12s 30th.

https://oneplus.net/blog/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Oxegen os 27th and cm12s 30th.

https://oneplus.net/blog/

What's the deal with these then, will we have an option which to upgrade to?

What's the deal with these then, will we have an option which to upgrade to?

I would expect CM12S to be OTA but oxegen would have to be manually installed but honestly I couldn't say for sure. We'll find out soon enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

I would expect CM12S to be OTA but oxegen would have to be manually installed but honestly I couldn't say for sure. We'll find out soon enough.

I guess so! It'll be interesting to see oxegen but I can't see how it will rival CM, they have years of developing behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Disaster... wife drops phone screen cracked and unresponsive she had it 3 days FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Disaster... wife drops phone screen cracked and unresponsive she had it 3 days FFS

Ripped off. Sympathies are with you. Go get her a nokia 3210 and make her suffer!

Ripped off. Sympathies are with you. Go get her a nokia 3210 and make her suffer!

Yeah was thinking a Fisher price one... She’s lying low at the moment at her mother's... Jasus have to source a replacement screen fs

Yeah was thinking a Fisher price one... She’s lying low at the moment at her mother's... Jasus have to source a replacement screen fs

Was on to one plus.net and they have come back to me with a price of €147 to repair/ship was thinking maybe flogging it? and get a new one on Tuesday?

• Advertisement
Advertisement