Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Just a little Samba

Was on to one plus.net and they have come back to me with a price of €147 to repair/ship was thinking maybe flogging it? and get a new one on Tuesday?

Buy a new screen and fit it yourself for less than €15?

Pain because it voids the warranty but saves you half the price of a new phone?

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/Mobile-Phone-Parts-/43304/i.html?_from=R40&ghostText=&_nkw=oneplus+one+screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Disaster... wife drops phone screen cracked and unresponsive she had it 3 days FFS
    Ripped off. Sympathies are with you. Go get her a nokia 3210 and make her suffer!
    Yeah was thinking a Fisher price one... She’s lying low at the moment at her mother's... Jasus have to source a replacement screen fs

Get her one of these!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/JCB-Pro-Smart-UK-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B007TTG2JI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Anyone done a RMA I'm sick of this touch issue and random other things. will they give refund or new phone I have it since September?
    Many thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Buy a new screen and fit it yourself for less than €15?

Pain because it voids the warranty but saves you half the price of a new phone?

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/Mobile-Phone-Parts-/43304/i.html?_from=R40&ghostText=&_nkw=oneplus+one+screen

Would be able to do that alright but it got fair old wack on the concerte driveway so I'd be fairly p****ed off if after fitting a new screen there was still a problem with the phone and no warranty so I'm sending it back to opo where they have siad They " will replace the phone if its beyond repair" waiting on my RMA shipping label now one good that's come out of this is that the wife's been really Extra nice to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Would be able to do that alright but it got fair old wack on the concerte driveway so I'd be fairly p****ed off if after fitting a new screen there was still a problem with the phone and no warranty so I'm sending it back to opo where they have siad They " will replace the phone if its beyond repair" waiting on my RMA shipping label now one good that's come out of this is that the wife's been really Extra nice to me :)

You cannot replace the screen, its bonded to the LCD behind it. You would need a screen and the LCD digitizer. I bought one online its shipped should be with me shortly. It was 50% the price OPO was charging for a screen repair. I believe they are charging between 130-150 for replacing screens.

listermint wrote: »
    You cannot replace the screen, its bonded to the LCD behind it. You would need a screen and the LCD digitizer. I bought one online its shipped should be with me shortly. It was 50% the price OPO was charging for a screen repair. I believe they are charging between 130-150 for replacing screens.

Had given serious consideration to doing the screen myself but for an extra €70 approx I get them to do it and if they can't repair they'll replace it plus the warranty but thanks anyway for your suggestion
    Here’s a YouTube video on the screen replacement might be of use to you

https://youtu.be/AiJLF_ct9Yc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Had given serious consideration to doing the screen myself but for an extra €70 approx I get them to do it and if they can't repair they'll replace it plus the warranty but thanks anyway for your suggestion
    Here’s a YouTube video on the screen replacement might be of use to you

https://youtu.be/AiJLF_ct9Yc

Oh its easy, I know how to do it. Wasnt paying anyone 70 Euro for 30 minutes or less work.

listermint wrote: »
    Oh its easy, I know how to do it. Wasnt paying anyone 70 Euro for 30 minutes or less work.

The €70 I suppose gives me piece of mind knowing that when I do get it back it will be as new if not brand new I also had a look at the above YouTube video where he's had a number of issues with his screen replacement he fitted, one which is a visable permanent line on screen going from the top to the bottom unfortunately they'll be no going back to opo for him under warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

jozi wrote: »
    Have a look for wugfresh bacon root toolkit

Has anyone ever used this toolkit to root looks as easy as pie for a noobie:D

Also looking for another charger any suggestions. Still on search for flip case also

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Hi Guys,

I have a oneplus one premium screen protector I got off their site last week. However I've sold the phone on and this arrived this morning in the post. If anyone's interested, cheers.
    http://www.adverts.ie/screen-protectors/oneplus-one-premium-screen-protector/7645031

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Also looking for another charger any suggestions. Still on search for flip case also

I got the flip case off their site. Its pretty decent for the price.

I've seen complaints about the flap wearing after a while, but if it does me for 6 months its great at that price, I'd just replace it with the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

Tried meteor and can only get 3G, any other operator with switching to for PAYG 4G?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

3 have it dont they, admittedly till june or july

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Oneplus Two, I don't know if true but doesn't look like much of an update and think I will stay with the one also I am broke as well. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Mine is due to arrive today, my contacts are all over the place at the moment (a mixture of Google Account, Microsoft account and Microsoft exchange). Is there an easy way to merge these so that they are all in one place from the phone?

export all contacts to google and just merge them that way.
    or get a contacts to excel app.

Oneplus Two, I don't know if true but doesn't look like much of an update and think I will stay with the one also I am broke as well. :o

Looks like incremental improvements in pretty much every area. I'd expect the screen to have higher pixel density for example.

That said, I'm happy I got the one for the original euro price and I reckon the 2 will launch at 400 for the 16gb version an 450 for the 64.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I wouldn't believe a single word about the +2 at the moment. Release date a month away?! Come on...

sentient_6 wrote: »
    I wouldn't believe a single word about the +2 at the moment. Release date a month away?! Come on...

Specs leak all the time.

• Advertisement

Specs leak all the time.

****y tech sites make up specs all the time for clicks.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    ****y tech sites make up specs all the time for clicks.

Either way, even if it launches with HTC One M9 par specs and gives free shoulder massages it will be substantially more than €299 seeing as they are upping the price of the One to €299/349 tomorrow from €269/299 so it makes no odds to me.
    I got the OPO for a bargain price I'm happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What are people using as a cover? I got the clear case with the phone from the official site but it is a bit slippy for my liking. Can anyone recommend something a bit grippier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Just ordered one, hopefully here by Friday!

Same as above looking for a case/essentials for the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Be a bit disappointed if those specs turn out to be accurate. Having said that I'll still probably get it though!

Here's the GSM arena comparison for nice easy viewing.

yeah not digging that at all, still leaning towards the zenfone 2 or the new oppo if ift has nice specs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

My One Plus One just arrived :):)

Is there anything I should do with it before I start adding apps etc or is good to go out of the box. I recall somebody in an earlier post mentioned changing the image size??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

gazzer wrote: »
    My One Plus One just arrived :):)

Is there anything I should do with it before I start adding apps etc or is good to go out of the box. I recall somebody in an earlier post mentioned changing the image size??

You mean change the icon size? They're ridiculously big.

Love the phone so far, only thing I noticed is signal seems to be poor compared to other phones I have. Ive only had 1/2 signal bars available and I live close to town. I normally have 3/4 to full on my other phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Yeah. I remember some post a while back to changing the dpi????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.texdroider.texdroider_dpi

Install it, replace 480 with 380 and reboot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

I think you need to root to change the dpi (I may be wrong here, open to correction), but if you want to just change the icon size on stock for more apps on your homescreens etc this works:

>Press the menu on screen button & it will bring up "Wallpapers, Widgets & Settings"
    >You will see 3 dots like an arrow above this, click on that and will give you a few options for such as scroll effects etc. If you go to "Grid Size" you can change the size of the icons on your homepages and fit in more apps ect

What does that do?

What does that do?

Change the dpi, but you have to be rooted first. Personally I would not change the dpi as my last phone had the same size screen and dpi. I also changed the dpi on my Note II and this phone but quickly changed back also after changing the dpi updates will not install, you will have to do it manually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

Change the dpi, but you have to be rooted first. Personally I would not change the dpi as my last phone had the same size screen and dpi. I also changed the dpi on my Note II and this phone but quickly changed back also after changing the dpi updates will not install, you will have to do it manually.

That is incorrect. I changed the DPI, and all but one of my apps updates perfectly. The only offender for me is Amazon, as it doesn't like the higher DPI

Kencollins wrote: »
    That is incorrect. I changed the DPI, and all but one of my apps updates perfectly. The only offender for me is Amazon, as it doesn't like the higher DPI

I am talking about system updates like from Oneplus or Cyanogenmod.

I wish the power button stuck out more.

On my lock screen the battery icon and % and the weather icon with degrees in Celsius are red. Anyone know how to change the colour?

On my lock screen the battery icon and % and the weather icon with degrees in Celsius are red. Anyone know how to change the colour?

There is ways to change the lock screen but I forget, I'm trying to think here but can't remember. Do you have a password or pattern? I have no security on mine and it is the way I like it. Change it tempoary to slide to unlock to see if it changes as I think that is what i done.

Actually just figured it. Un-tick the custom lock screen so much nicer lock screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Double tap main screen area to wake.
    Double tap status bar to sleep.

That will limit power button usage to on/off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

I am talking about system updates like from Oneplus or Cyanogenmod.

Again, system updates all work fine at the changed DPI. It resets to the original DPI every update I get, but a quick re-root and im back in business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ok going to buy a flip case and a charger on Amazon today. Think I can get it right re the case but the charger is there any good ones out there or ones to avoid

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Settings>lock screen>clock widget then go to camera, weather or calendar to change the settings for each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

As discussed a few pages back, I had plenty of apps switch over to "Your device is not compatible" in the Play store after a modest change to dpi, even though they worked fine after a sideload. Its not worth it imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It's a waste of such a big screen to have the dpi so large I think.
    I went back to the default 480 DPI last night and I couldn't get over how bad it looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm thinking about getting this phone soon, does anyone know if it's usable for developing Android apps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Have the phone two days. It's a great device but a couple of things annoying me.
    I have a slight yellow band on bottom of screen. I know this is a common issue that may disappear in time.
    When I'm on a call I can barely hear the other person on the other end. If I put it on loudspeaker the other person says there is an echo.
    If I press power button and then press reboot, it just powers off and doesn't reboot.
    I'm unrooted and on CM11. Hopefully next update will sort it out.
    Also I'm leaving VF as I'm out of contract soon but 4g only works on a couple of networks on the OPO? Is that right?

iggy wrote: »
    Have the phone two days. It's a great device but a couple of things annoying me.
    I have a slight yellow band on bottom of screen. I know this is a common issue that may disappear in time.
    When I'm on a call I can barely hear the other person on the other end. If I put it on loudspeaker the other person says there is an echo.
    If I press power button and then press reboot, it just powers off and doesn't reboot.
    Also I'm leaving VF as I'm out of contract soon but 4g only works on a couple of networks on the OPO? Is that right?

You must have got a bad one. Are you on the latest update? If not you may as well wait anyway for lollipop, it is out in a few days. But if them problems really annoy you update to latest if not on it already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Correct. Not sure about other networks but it works on 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

blobbie wrote: »
    Correct. Not sure about other networks but it works on 3

And meteor.

• Advertisement

Apparently a fix for the yellow tint is put it under a uv light. It does go away though, mine was noticeable when I got the phone in December but is gone now for good awhile.

Advertisement