Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭SteM

Ok going to buy a flip case and a charger on Amazon today. Think I can get it right re the case but the charger is there any good ones out there or ones to avoid

Cheers

Can recommend this one
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004XKG7NM

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

SteM wrote: »

+1 I bought a few of these they are brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

iggy wrote: »
    Have the phone two days. It's a great device but a couple of things annoying me.
    I have a slight yellow band on bottom of screen. I know this is a common issue that may disappear in time.
    When I'm on a call I can barely hear the other person on the other end. If I put it on loudspeaker the other person says there is an echo.
    If I press power button and then press reboot, it just powers off and doesn't reboot.
    I'm unrooted and on CM11. Hopefully next update will sort it out.
    Also I'm leaving VF as I'm out of contract soon but 4g only works on a couple of networks on the OPO? Is that right?

I had the yellow band, disappeared after a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Question about voice dialing. This only happened recently. I hold down my Bluetooth button, hear the beep and say "call whoever" and then the phone just sits there with whoever's number on the dial screen waiting for me to press the call button. Not a huge problem unless the screen is locked and then we're into a double tap, a flick up and then pressing the dial button. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

For anyone interested in lollipop roms I just installed Exodus after spending awhile on CM12, I got frustrated with a few recent bugs: proximity sensor not working leading to screen on/off issues in call, some microphone bug where person on other end of calls couldn't hear me, and just poor data reception where there shouldn't be and poor round about fixes for these(i.e. disable stuff in build prop to stop something working that causes the interference instead of a real fix).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/orig-development/official-vaniraosp-t2890749

Clean installed this and i'm very impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

sentient_6 wrote: »
    For anyone interested in lollipop roms I just installed Exodus after spending awhile on CM12, I got frustrated with a few recent bugs: proximity sensor not working leading to screen on/off issues in call, some microphone bug where person on other end of calls couldn't hear me, and just poor data reception where there shouldn't be and poor round about fixes for these(i.e. disable stuff in build prop to stop something working that causes the interference instead of a real fix).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/orig-development/official-vaniraosp-t2890749

Clean installed this and i'm very impressed.

I see it is based off CM source. I wonder what changes he(or team) makes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

Have the phone two days. It's a great device but a couple of things annoying me.
    I have a slight yellow band on bottom of screen. I know this is a common issue that may disappear in time.
    When I'm on a call I can barely hear the other person on the other end. If I put it on loudspeaker the other person says there is an echo.
    If I press power button and then press reboot, it just powers off and doesn't reboot.
    I'm unrooted and on CM11. Hopefully next update will sort it out.
    Also I'm leaving VF as I'm out of contract soon but 4g only works on a couple of networks on the OPO? Is that right?

And 48.

€10 a month. Can't go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

4g works on emobile as well

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

4g works on emobile as well

I'm on emobile in Dublin with a One Plus One and I've never gotten 4g.

On a side note, I'm with emobile 6 months now and delighted with the phone and data coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭donnyb28

Has anyone tried their hand at making a custom back cover for OnePlus?

https://oneplus.net/blog/2015/03/diy-custom-oneplus-one-back-covers/

I'm having a bit of trouble with it, I'm editing the template given (using a custom image) but on printing its either too big or too small. Using Photoshop btw. Any suggestions? TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I see it is based off CM source. I wonder what changes he(or team) makes?

Mostly just little things like a few extra customizations, rom controls options, dpi can be changed very easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

turniphead wrote: »

On a side note, I'm with emobile 6 months now and delighted with the phone and data coverage.

I'm on emobile with a nexus 5 and I get 4g, you got a 4g sim card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

SteM wrote: »

Ended up getting one of These for charging after recommendation over on xda

Also got This case

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I need to get a screen protector .I bought a rhino shield one but it came away from the edges after a few months and the same has happened to the replacement after only 2 months.
    Anyone recommend one than might last longer.I have the OPO since June and already gone through two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Ended up getting one of These for charging after recommendation over on xda

Also got This case

Thanks

Can you give an update of how that cable works when you get it please? I need one to reach the bed / sofa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

You can't beat the blackberry playbook charger for £3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

turniphead wrote: »

Do you have lte switched on on the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anyone going to install oxygen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Anyone going to install oxygen?

Oxygen is delayed for a few days

yabadabado wrote: »
    I need to get a screen protector .I bought a rhino shield one but it came away from the edges after a few months and the same has happened to the replacement after only 2 months.
    Anyone recommend one than might last longer.I have the OPO since June and already gone through two.

Orzly tempered glass protector is perfect on mine, around £9 sterling.

• Advertisement

Oxygen is delayed for a few days

Reminds me of waiting for GTA V PC release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

bryaner wrote: »
    Orzly tempered glass protector is perfect on mine, around £9 sterling.
    Where can you get them for £9 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

I got this one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ill be giving Oxygen a few weeks before I install tbh, theres always something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Spurion

I got this phone today and it seems that the volume up button isn't working. Anyone know if there's a fix for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

jimmii wrote: »
    Settings>lock screen>clock widget then go to camera, weather or calendar to change the settings for each.

Already tried that.It doesn't change it for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Yesterday, the phone reset itself when I was browsing instagram.

Did this ever happen to anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Spurion

Spurion wrote: »
    I got this phone today and it seems that the volume up button isn't working. Anyone know if there's a fix for this?

After some googling I managed to solve this by doing a factory reset and disabling the cyanogen theme. Glad it wasn't a hardware problem

Where can you get them for £9 ?

E bay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Spurion wrote: »
    After some googling I managed to solve this by doing a factory reset and disabling the cyanogen theme. Glad it wasn't a hardware problem

Ive found some things wouldn't work with certain themes. I use flux which seems to not brake anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Could somebody recommend the best camera app to use with the phone. I have been reading about Colour OS. Do you need to root your phone to install this?

gazzer wrote: »
    Could somebody recommend the best camera app to use with the phone. I have been reading about Colour OS. Do you need to root your phone to install this?
    U don't need root.
    Have a look here
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/themes-apps/port-coloros-camera-cm11s-t3030369

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Ah brilliant. Thanks for posting that link. Will have a proper read of it over the weekend.

What plugins do you use with that?

What plugins do you use with that?

Search that thread in xda. There is a link to the plugins.
    I installed all the plugins. Haven't used it properly yet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Guys can anyone tell me what car docs you use?

I just bought htis one on amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KO1D0TI?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 - just because it will probably be ok and its cheap.

I've heard the iOttie ones are good but what else should I consider?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

I don't rant know if this is a OPO issue of an android one but something funny is going on with my battery all week. Whatsapp, and I can also see now a data app are eating battery. This isn't right surely?

Thanks for any help

I don't rant know if this is a OPO issue of an android one but something funny is going on with my battery all week. Whatsapp, and I can also see now a data app are eating battery. This isn't right surely?

Thanks for any help

How often do you use whatsapp? If you use it to send message constantly throughout the day then not much is wrong but if you rarely use it there is something wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

How often do you use whatsapp? If you use it to send message constantly throughout the day then not much is wrong but if you rarely use it there is something wrong.

I've sent about 10 messages today and the data usage app was preened once in error, it was another random app during the week. Something is keeping apps active or awake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Hey all,

Thinking of changing my phone and getting this. Just wondering what the process is with buying it? I believe it's wait until Tuesday's or get an invite? Also, I see the 64GB OPO on the website is €349. Is that as cheap as it is or is there somewhere else to purchase it for less?

Thanks. :)

It was €299 but due to the wear Euro its gone up to €349. Wont be going back down any time soon. Just buy on Tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

If you go to the OnePlus forum invites section you'll find one donated pretty quick, get a page refresher add-on for your browser on your pc to refresh the forum page and be ready to be the first poster in the thread to claim it. I had one in minutes this morning

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I've sent about 10 messages today and the data usage app was preened once in error, it was another random app during the week. Something is keeping apps active or awake.

Happened me the other day and I very rarely use the app.
    A power cycle sorted it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

I ordered this morning and picked express delivery. When can I expect it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not sure if anyone is interested.. but bought this Casebase Twin Pack of Case Tempered Glass Protectors, but put the first one on pretty seamlessly (due to waiting to receive the glass protector to take off the shield on the OnePlus One... yeah, nerdy I know).

So have a spare one including an alcohol wipe and cloth that I'll post for a tenner all in. It is a fantastic glass protector.

I've installed the color os camera, but can anyone tell me how to install the plugins?

Zascar wrote: »
    I've installed the color os camera, but can anyone tell me how to install the plugins?

See post #1183 in this
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/themes-apps/port-coloros-camera-cm11s-t3030369/page119

Download plugins then open camera app, swipe up and press the + option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

The one thing that driving me mad with this fantastic phone is anytime I'm writing in apps I keep hitting the home button below the space bar of the keyboard. Anyway to solve this apart from grinding down my big thumbs on a grinding wheel? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

The one thing that driving me mad with this fantastic phone is anytime I'm writing in apps I keep hitting the home button below the space bar of the keyboard. Anyway to solve this apart from grinding down my big thumbs on a grinding wheel? :)

Turn the phone sideways or use split keyboard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement