Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Looking for some help regarding the phone my S4 music player has in the the playlists most played and recently played,I use this while out cycling or walking but I cannot seem to find it on the music player it comes with:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

would they be stored on your sd card?

11jeusn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Massively impressed with this phone so far but coming from a Nexus 4, am still finding difficult getting used to how big the screen actually is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Hi

I rooted and unlocked my one plus and then ran a backup for my EFS Partition using Terminal Emulator app. This created 2 files, modemst1.bin & modemst2.bin, which are on the root of my internal storage. I can see these files on my Root Browser on Phone. However I connected phone to PC and can only see internal storage. I have USB Debugging enabled and MTP. I also De-installed the drive and re-installed and still cannot see it. I tried different ports and also a different USB cable but still the same. I want to copy these files to my PC to have as back up

Anything else I should try

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I can see these files on my Root Browser on Phone. However I connected phone to PC and can only see internal storage.

Use the file manager to copy them to the internal storage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

Are the drones on sale yet? Little one was asking for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

emo72 wrote: »
    Are the drones on sale yet? Little one was asking for one.
    *cough* check date *cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Drone requires lollipop.

(Looks similar to numerous other drones from Chinese sites for under 20 dollars).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I had a similar one and its bloody hard to control. Super sensitive and if you crash it they just break.

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    *cough* check date *cough*

I did. And I got it. Just about haha. But it looks like they are selling them. Confusion abounds for emo72

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Anyone have any issues with home screens?
    I have a 3rd one for my daughter with all her apps.
    It just disappeared the other day, I had thought that she did it by accident but I created it again it lasted a few days and is gone again and she wasn't near the phone.

It had both apps and a folder with games if that makes any difference...

I have an invite if anyone wants it. PM me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Anyone have any issues with home screens?
    I have a 3rd one for my daughter with all her apps.
    It just disappeared the other day, I had thought that she did it by accident but I created it again it lasted a few days and is gone again and she wasn't near the phone.

It had both apps and a folder with games if that makes any difference...

Homescreens are specific to the launcher you're using. Have you potentially downloaded something other than Trebuchet (Google Now Launcher for example) and are swapping between them without realising? Check Settings > Home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

The phone won't let me save the APN for 48, what am I doing wrong?

Homescreens are specific to the launcher you're using. Have you potentially downloaded something other than Trebuchet (Google Now Launcher for example) and are swapping between them without realising? Check Settings > Home.

Nope, just the one launcher, Trebuchet...

The phone won't let me save the APN for 48, what am I doing wrong?

Ok, sorted. I removed and re-inserted SIM and I now have the APN listed the 6 times I saved it

• Registered Users Posts: 32 gaving

Invite available pm me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Does anyone know if you take a screen protector off will it leave glue/sticky residue on the screen??

Im thinking of getting this tempered glass screen protector.

815ci0ac-SL._SL1500_.jpg

• Advertisement

Shouldnt, but you can just get a small alcohol wipe * like from a first aid box * to wipe off anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Is the one plus good to use out of the box?
    Will have mine Friday and just wondering if there'll be much set up for me to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

TheGunns wrote: »
    Is the one plus good to use out of the box?
    Will have mine Friday and just wondering if there'll be much set up for me to do

Just like any other phone it needs some initialization and settings for your network entered. Other than that ready to take your apps and customizations

jozi wrote: »
    Just like any other phone it needs some initialization and settings for your network entered. Other than that ready to take your apps and customizations

Depends. I'm on 3, have had two OnePlus Ones and it auto detects APN each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭wawaman

Hi, thinking of maybe getting a OPO. Just wondering when you buy do you have to add accessories (like charging cable) or do they come in the box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

wawaman wrote: »
    Hi, thinking of maybe getting a OPO. Just wondering when you buy do you have to add accessories (like charging cable) or do they come in the box?

They come in box.

• Advertisement

You get one with it. Don't get headphones from what I remember. Many people choose to get a BlackBerry playbook charger and cable for it instead.

You get one with it. Don't get headphones from what I remember. Many people choose to get a BlackBerry playbook charger and cable for it instead.

Is the charger that comes with it not up to much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

They used to give european chargers but that has changed. They now give a UK/Ireland charger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

the charger that comes with it is perfect, but I also bought 2 Blackberry chargers - the reason for that is that they are higher ampage, meaning the larger battery in the OPO charges in a reasonable time, instead of using a standard charger you might have lying around which would take ages to charge the OPO. The supplied charger is also higher ampage though, it's just a bit short.

the charger that comes with it is perfect, but I also bought 2 Blackberry chargers - the reason for that is that they are higher ampage, meaning the larger battery in the OPO charges in a reasonable time, instead of using a standard charger you might have lying around which would take ages to charge the OPO. The supplied charger is also higher ampage though, it's just a bit short.

Can i ask how you find the size (!!) of it? Ive never had a screen larger than 5', so not sure about the size (in pockets, etc)

• Advertisement

Can i ask how you find the size (!!) of it? Ive never had a screen larger than 5', so not sure about the size (in pockets, etc)

I had a Note II before this phone so I thought this phone was small when i first got it. You get used to the size of it after a few days. It didn't happen me with this phone but it did with the Note. I also read that her as well from other users. Also you will never go back to a small phone after owning one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Just got mine back online after smashing the screen last month. All repaired new opo screen protector installed and bamboo cover. Happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Hi lads, anyone have issues with receiving calls? I can't hear anything through the phone and the only option is to put it on loudspeaker. Calls were working fine until today, don't know what has changed

It's a bit big in some jeans pockets tbh. Especially when driving. I find that I need to take it out if I have shallow pockets.

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

In some of my jeans it just about fits in the pocket (as in it's close to sticking out the top) whereas in others it fits comfortably.

I have a 64 invite. Pm if interested

If I have CM11 on my phone what will I get as an OTA update - CM12 or Oxygen?

awec wrote: »
    If I have CM11 on my phone what will I get as an OTA update - CM12 or Oxygen?

Cm12. Oxygen will require a bit of effort I'd imagine.

I'm assuming that you actually have cm11s.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

And does anyone know how long CM12 will be? A week, a few weeks, a month, more? Any ideas?

Zascar wrote: »
    And does anyone know how long CM12 will be? A week, a few weeks, a month, more? Any ideas?

The answer is no. Nobody knows when. It really could push any hour now. It was supposed to be out last week. Apparently it's ready, but something called certification is holding it up. I'm not bothered either way. The phone is great as is. And there is sometimes problems when going to a new update.

• Advertisement

What launcher do people use on their phone? I've had my OnePlus for months now but never really customised it much. Installed a custom lock screen earlier.

Anyone found anything better than Trebuchet (the stock OnePlus one) ?

In fact it'd be cool to know what customisation / personalisation apps people use in general. :)

What launcher do people use on their phone? I've had my OnePlus for months now but never really customised it much. Installed a custom lock screen earlier.

In fact it'd be cool to know what customisation / personalisation apps people use in general. :)

I always use the "Google now launcher". Dunno if it's faster or leaner, but it's familiar and clean and simple. I really like having the Google features just a swipe from the left.

emo72 wrote: »
    The answer is no. Nobody knows when. It really could push any hour now. It was supposed to be out last week. Apparently it's ready, but something called certification is holding it up. I'm not bothered either way. The phone is great as is. And there is sometimes problems when going to a new update.

I think you mean "something called <insert bullcrap excuse here> is holding it up". It's strange though that it isn't out yet seeing as you can get CM12 easily enough.

TBi wrote: »
    I think you mean "something called <insert bullcrap excuse here> is holding it up". It's strange though that it isn't out yet seeing as you can get CM12 easily enough.

Yeah I know. The moral of the story is never make promises. I've seen lollipop on nexus. Wouldn't be pulling my hair out waiting on it. It will come, patience young padawans.

I'd rather they released it a bit late than released it and it be buggy personally. Though I totally get the frustration of people who have been waiting on it for ages.

TBi wrote: »

It needs certification as it is a vendor ROM where as cm 12 is a custom ROM and it does not need certification, same as all the other custom ROM's on XDA.

So what do you have to do get the available version of cm12 on your phone. Can anyone point me to a guide or links?

I use CM Locker which is a really nice looking lock screen replacement. I'm happy enough with the stock launcher but I might try a differnt one. I used the Google Launcher on my last phone and liked it. Simple but nice. I used to use Nova Launcher prime before - very customisable. What other ones are good?

Zascar wrote: »
    So what do you have to do get the available version of cm12 on your phone. Can anyone point me to a guide or links?

MKBHD has a video about it on youtube with a link for the process. It is very very easy as long as you go through each of the steps. Took me about 30 minutes to get it set up.

• Advertisement

I think the Cyanogen CEO shot himself in the foot last week with his rant about taking Android back from Google, waiting now for certification. HTC got certification in 2 days for their lollipop update

Advertisement