Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Zascar wrote: »
    So what do you have to do get the available version of cm12 on your phone. Can anyone point me to a guide or links?

https://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=bacon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

awec wrote: »
    What launcher do people use on their phone? I've had my OnePlus for months now but never really customised it much. Installed a custom lock screen earlier.

Anyone found anything better than Trebuchet (the stock OnePlus one) ?

In fact it'd be cool to know what customisation / personalisation apps people use in general. :)

I'm using a theme for trebuchet, theres loads available for cyanogen. Might be worth looking in to, I'm using one called mi6 xda edition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Speaking of themes check out the material retro theme, stunning
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pecco.material.retro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Something is launching today. Whether its CM12 or Oxygen I'm not sure yet.
    UPDATE 4/3
    Hi all, today we will launch

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/an-update-on-oxygenos-and-cm12.285917/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

On 3 at the moment and wondering is 4G available on the phone as can't see options?

Also how can I tell if on 4G? Currently on s4 and when on 4G notification in status bar.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Oxygen is being downloaded at the moment here, I'll flash it shortly.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oxygenos-is-here-installation-guide.289398/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Oxygen is being downloaded at the moment here, I'll flash it shortly.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oxygenos-is-here-installation-guide.289398/

Enjoy I'm going to give it a week or so and see what the general consensus is before wiping my phone!

Feedback please.

Install is failing for me when I try flash the zip file right now. I'll get there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭SteM

On 3 at the moment and wondering is 4G available on the phone as can't see options?

Also how can I tell if on 4G? Currently on s4 and when on 4G notification in status bar.

Thanks

It's available alright. The connection says LTE when you have a 4g connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

Might be ordering one of these shortly. Are the official, non-flip cases and screen protectors from the one plus site any use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

have an invite if needed.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So Oxygen Os is now available. Can anyone who gets it up as nd running please post back with review and screenshots? I took a quick look but not convinced I should download. I like what I have right now and would just like cm12. I think I'll wait it out...

There's a zip file within the zip file that you download. If you are getting an error this is the reason. I'm just rebooting after install, screen shots to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

SteM wrote: »
    It's available alright. The connection says LTE when you have a 4g connection.

I've read lots of times that 4G was not possible on Vodafone Ireland on this phone

I get LTE in central Dublin though.

Clean wipe and install.

Screenshot_2015-04-04-10-58-55_zpsrd13fzj7.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-04-10-59-04_zpsdjumvi84.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-04-10-59-07_zpshy9sgkec.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-04-10-59-14_zpstyj1hblz.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-04-10-59-23_zps9hyuwnrd.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-04-10-59-28_zpstsfapntc.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-04-10-59-32_zpsrclxbaxv.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-04-10-59-41_zpsgbp0wbef.png

Given the size of the zip file I'm not seeing anything to get excited about unless there's something hidden I there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Is the double tap to wake still working? I won't be switching if it doesn't.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Is the double tap to wake still working? I won't be switching if it doesn't.

Yep, when you're setting it up it asks you which gestures you want to use. Double tap, flashlight "v", camera "o" and music playback are there.

Nothing to get excited over, it's just AOSP optimised to run on the hardware, I'm waiting for Cyanogen 12 OTA as Oxygen doesn't support themes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Looks to be more "vanilla" Android than Cyanogen was. Not sure what the USP of Oxegen OS will be though.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

hadoken13 wrote: »
    Might be ordering one of these shortly. Are the official, non-flip cases and screen protectors from the one plus site any use?

I found the clear non flip case a bit loose tbh, have one for sale :P

The flip version is a lot better fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

When you install oxygen or cm12, will future updates to those operating systems be delivered ota or will a flash be required every time?

When you install oxygen or cm12, will future updates to those operating systems be delivered ota or will a flash be required every time?

Looks like OTA with Oxygen from looking at the settings.

I'm not quite getting the zip size. The nightlies had all this and more but were under half the size. Something hidden in there maybe that an update might unlock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Does the bootloader have to be unlocked to install it? Do I have to root the phone? (mine is totally stock)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Yes you will need to have TWRP installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Now that Oxygen Os is now available (yey!) does anyone know if it has the same settings under privacy?
    Would love it if O OS had the same way of changing app permissions after you installed them like CM does.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

What additional features will CM12 have over CM11?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Zascar wrote: »
    What additional features will CM12 have over CM11?

Not all that much that you'll actually notice first off. It runs on lollipop though, so you'll see a new UI design and, supposedly, improved battery life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭SteM

Let's face it, they only released Oxygen so they can sell the phone in markets that have exclusive deals between other makers and CM. It'll be close to asop which means they won't have to put much work into it. I'll be waiting for CM12s ota to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clancger

It looks like Vodafone has only enabled the 4G frequencies that the One can pick up in a few areas. I've only gotten LTE in Dublin and Cork city centres, and also in Swords

• Advertisement

If you're updating the screen settings on Oxygen are very bright even at the lowest setting meaning more battery usage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

clancger wrote: »
    It looks like Vodafone has only enabled the 4G frequencies that the One can pick up in a few areas. I've only gotten LTE in Dublin and Cork city centres, and also in Swords

All those places (I'm in swords right now) and Killarney town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Reports are it is very like vanilla/nexus android.

Forums full of people complaining it is too plain, guess some people never happy.
    I'd rather nexus like than full of touchwiz like bloat.

Seems like Cyanogen 12 should get released over the next week. I'll most likely wait for that OTA and upgrade as feedback on the CM12 nightly builds are that it's performing well. If I'm not happy with CM12 then I might go through with manually sticking on Oxygen. Overall I'm in no rush as have no problems running CM11.

Apart from the screen being a bit bright it's a snappier version of vanilla android. I quite like it but it went a bit nuts with titanium backup earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

How do I back up before I flash oxygenOS?

iggy wrote: »
    How do I back up before I flash oxygenOS?

Titanium backup or do it from recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Titanium backup.

Do u have to be rooted to use titanium? I'm not rooted now so if I flash oxygenOS I will wipe everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Anybody send their phone off to get their screen fixed lately. Fell off countertop last night and the screen shattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Does the "call" command in Google Now work for anyone? It enters the number of the person into the dialler for me but never places the call.

This also applies when using a phone dialler app for android wear. I tried it on my wife's Nexus 4 and it worked perfectly but its not working on CM12 and OxygenOS on the OPO. I can't tell if I might have a setting that's stopping it from placing the call or if its a bug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Does the "call" command in Google Now work for anyone? It enters the number of the person into the dialler for me but never places the call.

This also applies when using a phone dialler app for android wear. I tried it on my wife's Nexus 4 and it worked perfectly but its not working on CM12 and OxygenOS on the OPO. I can't tell if I might have a setting that's stopping it from placing the call or if its a bug.

I have the same problem and have posted it on a couple of sites and no reply. It did work initially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I have the same problem and have posted it on a couple of sites and no reply. It did work initially.

Google now has been a bit dodgy for me on a couple of phones for the last month.

I'd say it is more a Google Now issue than any phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Seems oxygen os is as hard to install as the cm12 nightlies. I'm glad I went cm12. Vanilla android is nice but cyanogen mod is very powerful. I was hoping oxygen would have better camera in it but oppo camera is just as good or better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Does anyone have a problem with the screen brightness changing on its own? I don't have it set to auto and have the bar very low but it will randomly go up to nearly full brightness at different times throughout the day.

TBi wrote: »
    Seems oxygen os is as hard to install as the cm12 nightlies. I'm glad I went cm12. Vanilla android is nice but cyanogen mod is very powerful. I was hoping oxygen would have better camera in it but oppo camera is just as good or better.

It's lollipop, Google opened up all the raw photo camera settings in lollipop, Get a better camera app and you'll have settings equivalent to a DSLR.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flavionet.android.camera.lite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Anyone have a link to, or can pm the oppo plug ins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭bucky08

How much to get screen fixed as i need to get one fixed... ????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭wawaman

Has anyone had any problems with call volume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Not here, loud and clear on phone calls I made. Although quality wasn't great but that could be down to reception where i am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Not getting LTE in letter Kenny but can get it in Dublin. My brother and girlfriend can get it and the are in the same room as me. With three. Any ideas. They have nexus 5 and Samsung galaxy s5.

Have installed ogegen is. If anyone has any questions let me know and I will do my best to answer

padair wrote: »
    Not getting LTE in letter Kenny but can get it in Dublin. My brother and girlfriend can get it and the are in the same room as me. With three. Any ideas. They have nexus 5 and Samsung galaxy s5.

Have installed ogegen is. If anyone has any questions let me know and I will do my best to answer

The phone does not support all bands, nothing you can do

• Advertisement
Advertisement