Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Zascar wrote: »

Cheers, installed this today.

On holidays atm so should have a good chance to test! Any plug in or set up you have found good for outside shots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

If it supports raw then shoot raw and process with lightroom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

The phone does not support all bands, nothing you can do

Ah balls,

I thought if I got it in Dublin it would be the same band as in Letterkenny but it is obviously not. Still a great phone. Cheers for the heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

padair wrote: »
    Ah balls,

I thought if I got it in Dublin it would be the same band as in Letterkenny

Me too :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dwalsh58

I have ordered a replacement screen online to repair my own, if you don't get sorted let me know. I'm thinking not much more than 80E

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Cheers, installed this today.

On holidays atm so should have a good chance to test! Any plug in or set up you have found good for outside shots?

Plugins: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_52ZmWHJ3iKU2lpNjVpb0tkYkU/edit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

listermint wrote: »
    Just got mine back online after smashing the screen last month. All repaired new opo screen protector installed and bamboo cover. Happy days

How much was it to fix it? Did OnePlus do it?

Thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Anyone have any issues with home screens?
    I have a 3rd one for my daughter with all her apps.
    It just disappeared the other day, I had thought that she did it by accident but I created it again it lasted a few days and is gone again and she wasn't near the phone.

It had both apps and a folder with games if that makes any difference...

Really odd behaviour now. I had recreated some folders on a 3rd home screen of the ones that were missing.
    Now today that's gone and replaced with the old home screen from a few weeks ago... I dunno what is going on with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Anyone using 11s and the beamly app?

If so, do reminders work for you for tv shows? Not working for me, plus I get an error when try to pick sky or upc as tv provider.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

If anyone's thinking about flashing oxygen os hold off. I've wiped and reflashed a few times, downloaded the file again etc and I still ran into issues.

Its lightning fast and smooth but it kept dropping WiFi connections which is the most annoying issue. Different routers, providers but the same issue.

Restoring from back ups causes issues. Means setting the whole thing up again.

It's nice vanilla android but I've gone back to CM nightlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

My oneplus won't connect to my wireless speaker :(
    All other android and iOS devices in the house have no such issue. Anyone else have Bluetooth problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    My oneplus won't connect to my wireless speaker :(
    All other android and iOS devices in the house have no such issue. Anyone else have Bluetooth problems?

Yep. Since the last update it's been dodgy for me, it'll connect to my car radio for calls, but not for media unless I reboot. I'm hoping the next update will sort it. I'm still on CM11, unrooted and the only updates have been OTA

If I use the portable charger below would it possibly damage the phone's battery?

The specs of the portable battery are Output 5V/3A + Input 5V/1.2A? Or would I be better of getting one with an output of 5V/2A?

The OPO charger is 2.1A

79AN7903S-BA_BA_TD01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That's a very high output from a battery pack. It might not do any harm just charge quicker but then it may have adverse effect on the battery(like take a few months off the batterys life, if used regularly) Probably best to get a 2A output one to be safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

How much was it to fix it? Did OnePlus do it?

Thanks

Fixed it myself.bought lcd digitiser and frame all in one was about 85 Euro. Half the price of one plus one doing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

listermint wrote: »
    Fixed it myself.bought lcd digitiser and frame all in one was about 85 Euro. Half the price of one plus one doing it

Can u link to where you bought it.?
    Might be handy to have. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

The specs of the portable battery are Output 5V/3A + Input 5V/1.2A? Or would I be better of getting one with an output of 5V/2A?

Won't do any damage. The One will take only as much power/current as it needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

iggy wrote: »
    Can u link to where you bought it.?
    Might be handy to have. Cheers

This is her.

http://vifocal.com/lcd-display-digitizer-replacement-with-middle-frame-for-oneplus-one-64gb-16gb.html

Takes between three to four weeks to arrive.installation was easy. Zero issues

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Had anyone else noticed that when using the front camera, the photos are mirror image? Like if you take a selfie - the writing on your tshirt is backwards. Can you change this? (Using Color OS Camera)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭SteM

Not sure about that camera app but in the stock camera app the image is reversed until you take the photo, then when you look at the photo in the gallery is the correct way around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭dunleas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

dunleas wrote: »

It's been ready for days, just waiting on certification from Google

It's been ready for days, just waiting on certification from Google

If it was ready then the cm12 nighties would have reached a milestone. There's no reason to hold that back. It either be stupid for cyanogen to work on two different versions in parallel.

TBi wrote: »
    If it was ready then the cm12 nighties would have reached a milestone. There's no reason to hold that back. It either be stupid for cyanogen to work on two different versions in parallel.

I'm not sure but I think they do. The same way as there was CM11 and 11s. When 11s was out for OPO there was CM11 nightlies.

Won't do any damage. The One will take only as much power/current as it needs.

Thanks. So Im probably better off getting the higher rated one.

Do you know if most electrical devices do this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Reports on the Oneplus forum are that it's ready but Google are dragging their heels because of the anti Google comments made by the Cyanogen CEO.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

bucky08 wrote: »
    How much to get screen fixed as i need to get one fixed... ????

Sent my cracked screen one back to oneplus for repair charge is €147 they sent me a brand new phone back

Reports on the Oneplus forum are that it's ready but Google are dragging their heels because of the anti Google comments made by the Cyanogen CEO.

Still no reason why they can't release it on the stable channel with the nightlies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anybody know whats going on with the Power Bank? It says sold out but has it ever been for sale?

https://oneplus.net/ie/oneplus-power-bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Thargor wrote: »
    Anybody know whats going on with the Power Bank? It says sold out but has it ever been for sale?

https://oneplus.net/ie/oneplus-power-bank

Yep they have to get it passed safety standards checks and so it will have the CE mark

This means its gonna take a little bit longer.

They had the same problem with the first batch of one plus phones and had it sorted within a few weeks.

• Advertisement

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭SteM

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep they have to get it passed safety standards checks and so it will have the CE mark

This means its gonna take a little bit longer.

They had the same problem with the first batch of one plus phones and had it sorted within a few weeks.

You would have thought that a company that has already hardware before and already been caught out by this exact issue before would have been smarter about it the second time around. They seem to jump the gun on announcements a lot, over promise and under deliver. Perhaps it's on purpose to stop people from buying another product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ok still playing around with this

Flashed Uber ROM with CM12 and just loading up the apps again

On Pre paid and I switch off the data now and again. There is no option to do this on the dropdown menu from status screen.

Whats the best app for the one plus to switch the data on and off again few on play but some don't work

Does anyone have their OnePlus insured? Or know what companies that are reputable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

SteM wrote: »
    You would have thought that a company that has already hardware before and already been caught out by this exact issue before would have been smarter about it the second time around. They seem to jump the gun on announcements a lot, over promise and under deliver. Perhaps it's on purpose to stop people from buying another product.

Did they promise anything with the power bank?

SteM wrote: »

It's for sale in other domains, I don't think it's anything underhand like you are suggesting, trying to stop people buying other products.
    I don't see why anyone would need this in the first place, the phone lasts a day and a half between charges. Most people are always near a power point or a car. This is just another useless gadget to carry around, totally impractical.

Zascar wrote: »
    Does anyone have their OnePlus insured? Or know what companies that are reputable?

I have mine insured. As I'm with Ulsterbank and have a Ufirst account. Costs €10 a month.

Zascar wrote:

I personally wouldn't waste my money insuring a phone of this price. Another poster said it costs him 10e a month =120e per year. You will find if you make a claim there will be lots of restrictions and probably an excess included. Read the small print carefully. You are covered by warranty by the manufacturer for a lot of things that can go wrong. If you break a screen you can purchase a replacement for around 50e to 70e and get someone to replace it if you can't do it yourself.
    You should also check your home policy to see if your phone is covered on that.
    But like I say, for a phone of this price not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I'm having trouble pairing my OPO with the Parrot in my car - I had an OPO before which was fine, but the latest one just won't pair.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

I'm having trouble pairing my OPO with the Parrot in my car - I had an OPO before which was fine, but the latest one just won't pair.

Any ideas?

What software are you running on your OPO? Perhaps you have to delete your previous OPO's profile from the unit?

Metalpanic wrote: »
    What software are you running on your OPO? Perhaps you have to delete your previous OPO's profile from the unit?

Stock cm11

When I look at devices on the parrot the old one is not there

Stock cm11

When I look at devices on the parrot the old one is not there

Oh ok, I know there are some issues with Bluetooth connectivity with some CM12 nightly builds but I have never had trouble with CM11s. Can your phone see the parrot and vice versa?

nope, my phone can't see the parrot.

and OPO is not in the list of makes either, so I'm having to use "other phones"

It's weird.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm paired fine with a Talk2 system. What model parrot do you have? If the oneplus can't see the parrot, I'd delete any existing phones / pairings from the parrot side, and start again. Is the parrot not visible until it's set up to pair maybe?

MarkR wrote: »
    I'm paired fine with a Talk2 system. What model parrot do you have? If the oneplus can't see the parrot, I'd delete any existing phones / pairings from the parrot side, and start again. Is the parrot not visible until it's set up to pair maybe?

I am connected to my VW unit fine too. You should see any available devices on the phone while scanning. Do you have to make the Parrot "visible" first before pairing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

I managed to drop my phone onto a wooden floor this morning (not very happy)

anyway I can now se a big crack across the screen. I have the tempered glass protector and everything looks to be working ok.

is there anyway of telling how badly cracked it is, and if it is likely to start giving me trouble.

thanks

Its probably the protector that's cracked no?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

Thargor wrote: »
    Its probably the protector that's cracked no?

no idea, not brave enough to remove it to check

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Got Oxygen installed, eventually and it was touch and go there for a while.
    PRetty sure I wiped the old OS by accident while trying to get the new OS installed.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I had installed Oxygen, but got annoyed by one very small thing. My network name showed up as O2 Ireland in my car, rather than Tesco Mobile. :D

There was an alarming list of bugs for the Oxygen install.

• Advertisement
Advertisement