Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

MarkR wrote: »
    I had installed Oxygen, but got annoyed by one very small thing. My network name showed up as O2 Ireland in my car, rather than Tesco Mobile. :D

There was an alarming list of bugs for the Oxygen install.

Emobile became meteor in my car with it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Do you have to make the Parrot "visible" first before pairing?

yeah, and I've done that alright.

I've a bluetooth radio in my kitchen which is working fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I've a bluetooth radio in my kitchen which is working fine.

yeah, and I've done that alright.

I sometimes have problems with my jabra unit. Turning Bluetooth off for a few secs then turning it back on works for me the 50% of the time it doesn't connect automatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Google play music controls on my lock screen don't work?

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Just put on a tempered glass screen protector and had to redo it about 6 times :( There's a load of dust stuck under it now :mad:

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

moleyv wrote: »
    Google play music controls on my lock screen don't work?

Any suggestions?

I have the same problem with spotify.

Are there still people looking for invites? I got an email around 1pm today saying I had some....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭SteM

Did they promise anything with the power bank?

Did I say they promised anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Why all the talk of oppo on here lately?

I know they are one and the same and all but not exactly the same thing either

When I visited a site (for furniture shopping) I was redirected to another site (Games2Fan) which I know has some form of malware on it as when I try and go to it on my laptop, an Avast warning pops up.

Is it possible my phone (OnePlus One, CM11) is now infected? and is there anything I can do so the malware doesn't have access to my accounts(email, etc)?

In my history on my phone one of the URLs is games2fan.com/#!/stealingyourhistory and also when my phone was redirected to the site it a pop up said that your phone the A0001 may have too many apps installed or something like that.

I already have Avast and Lookout on my phone and when I scan it says my apps and settings are ok.

Any help appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

When I visited a site (for furniture shopping) I was redirected to another site (Games2Fan) which I know has some form of malware on it as when I try and go to it on my laptop, an Avast warning pops up.

Is it possible my phone (OnePlus One, CM11) is now infected? and is there anything I can do so the malware doesn't have access to my accounts(email, etc)?

In my history on my phone one of the URLs is games2fan.com/#!/stealingyourhistory and also when my phone was redirected to the site it a pop up said that your phone the A0001 may have too many apps installed or something like that.

I already have Avast and Lookout on my phone and when I scan it says my apps and settings are ok.

Any help appreciated!

Well good things about phones is you can do a full wipe and re-install the ROM of your choice CM11s, cm12 or Oxygen or even one of the many custom ROM's.

Well good things about phones is you can do a full wipe and re-install the ROM of your choice CM11s, cm12 or Oxygen or even one of the many custom ROM's.

I have no idea how to do that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Any help appreciated!

Your phone is not infected, you just visited a dodgy site. Malware cannot install itself on Android, it needs your permission to install. Malware on Android comes in the form of apps that the owner installs. It is not a risk if you stick to proper markets, the Android play store and Amazon app store

I have no idea how to do that :(

Plenty of guides online.

If you are pretty sure your phone was infected it is worth your while to do it. I've had a few android phones for a few years now, so I have been flashing ROM's a good while. Fairly simple to do, and worth learning as when new updates come along you can flash them straight away without having to wait for the update. Also many people get problems when they update. i always wipe my phone and flash a clean ROM every update and I never had any problems people do get by flashing updates.

Your phone is not infected, you just visited a dodgy site. Malware cannot install itself on Android, it needs your permission to install. Malware on Android comes in the form of apps that the owner installs. It is not a risk if you stick to proper markets, the Android play store and Amazon app store

Thanks. Thats reassuring to read.

Would my data(emails,app data) be vulnerable? Or would it be possible for someone else to see because I was redirected to this site?

Have you ever had pop ups on your phone from dodgy sites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

nope, my phone can't see the parrot.

and OPO is not in the list of makes either, so I'm having to use "other phones"

It's weird.

Is it a CK100?

Delete all profiles from parrot and phone should pair up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

SteM wrote: »
    Did I say they promised anything?

Don't be a prick, I asked the question out of curiosity as I'm interested in getting one, not to have a go at you. Don't know why that's what you took from it but suggest you ease up on the touchiness.

Has anyone ever used a Oneplus with android wear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

awec wrote: »

I've used my OnePlus with a Pebble and a Wear device with no issues. No noticeable battery drain with the Bluetooth either.

• Advertisement

I've used my OnePlus with a Pebble and a Wear device with no issues. No noticeable battery drain with the Bluetooth either.

How does it work for notifications? Do all notifications show up on the watch or just notifications from select apps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

How does it work for notifications? Do all notifications show up on the watch or just notifications from select apps?

By default it's all notifications, you can set a black list of apps you dont want to see pop up then.
    Then there are semi-permanent notifications that constanty re-appear. These would be similar to what you see on your Google Now list if you use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I have one of those u8 watches to try it out. can answer a text, can change the track on my google music, phone call is quite good too.
    I wanted to see would I use it first before getting a more expensive one.
    maybe go down this route?

Think my speaker and/or sound chip went this morning. Was listening to a podcast and then there was a crackle and sound just stopped completely. No damage to phone at all, have rebooted everything and all other hardware and software appears to be working fine. Have raised a ticket with them so will see what happens next. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I use my OnePlus with my LG G Watch. Works great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Think my speaker and/or sound chip went this morning. Was listening to a podcast and then there was a crackle and sound just stopped completely. No damage to phone at all, have rebooted everything and all other hardware and software appears to be working fine. Have raised a ticket with them so will see what happens next. Has anyone else experienced this?

Everything works ok through the headphone jack though?

• Advertisement

Raoul Duke wrote: »
    Everything works ok through the headphone jack though?

Sorry, should have mentioned this. Nope, no sound through either speaker or headphones. It's been wrapped in cotton wool from day one and hasn't had any drops or bumps. A few splashes of rain water is about the most it's been exposed to.

Sorry, should have mentioned this. Nope, no sound through either speaker or headphones. It's been wrapped in cotton wool from day one and hasn't had any drops or bumps. A few splashes of rain water is about the most it's been exposed to.

SCRATCH THAT!

Have just tried again and is working through the headphone jack.

Today or tomorrow for the CM12S OTA update it seems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I'm on Oxygen, like it so far.

Ush1 wrote: »
    I'm on Oxygen, like it so far.

Is it buggy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

SCRATCH THAT!

Have just tried again and is working through the headphone jack.
    I assume you've rebooted? Any new apps recently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I used mine with a Moto 360 for a few months.

It worked fine other than painfully reducing wifi speeds when the phone was connected to a wifi network and the watch at the same time.

This is an wifi/bluetooth interference issue rather than a OPO issue though.

Is it buggy?
    Good battery reports on reddit so far anyway, early reports on the nightlies though:

http://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/31yv8e/cm_12_nightly_battery_life/

Thargor wrote: »
    I assume you've rebooted? Any new apps recently?

Yup, multiple times and nothing new. I was in a rush to work this morning when it started happening so have moved over to my old S4 for the day. When I get home tonight will check if it's just the speaker or the earpiece as well.

If just the speaker, I can live without it until OnePlus get everything in gear.

EDIT: Have just been able to check. Definitely just the speaker. Earpiece and headphones working fine. Will have to find myself a new alarm for the mornings!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Is it buggy?

I had a bug where I tried to install an app from the Play Store and I'd have to kill the app and restart before it would begin the download. That's gone now and it seems pretty solid.

The double tap to wake seems a little less responsive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Is it buggy?

Not for me anyway. Only thing I noticed was that a cheap third party charger I used with cm11s, now when I try it with Oxygen its like a poor connection where it's constantly plugging in and out. Official charger works fine though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

maximoose wrote: »
    This is an wifi/bluetooth interference issue rather than a OPO issue though.

This is an OPO issue as WiFi and Bluetooth shouldn't interfere. There aren't many other phones which are affected by this issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

Using current version of CM, recently Google Services is draining my battery fast, used privacy guard to change some settings but still causing trouble. It seems this bug is well documented, will wait for cm12 or upgrade to oxygen os.

By the way is it possible to remove the google search bar on main screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Liquidus wrote: »
    Using current version of CM, recently Google Services is draining my battery fast, used privacy guard to change some settings but still causing trouble. It seems this bug is well documented, will wait for cm12 or upgrade to oxygen os.

By the way is it possible to remove the google search bar on main screen?

Long press on homescreen. Swipe up then turn off search bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

TBi wrote: »
    This is an OPO issue as WiFi and Bluetooth shouldn't interfere. There aren't many other phones which are affected by this issue.

I had the exact same issues using it with my HTC one, and before I eventually sold the watch I found heaps of threads on reddit and androidcentral having the same problem with other phones/tabelts when using android wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭SteM

Don't be a prick, I asked the question out of curiosity as I'm interested in getting one, not to have a go at you. Don't know why that's what you took from it but suggest you ease up on the touchiness.

You're the one calling someone a prick but I'm being touchy. School holidays I guess.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

I got the Oneplus One earlier in the week. Very impressed.

However, unlike others, I am getting battery drain. The battery drain is coming from WhatsApp. I have no idea why. Any tips as to how to stop WhatApp battery drain?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

My battery has been pretty poor for a long while. Currently on 15%, with screen on time of 3 hrs 10 minutes and screen accounting for 54% of battery use. Was at 100% leaving for work this morning and I haven't used it much all day. No bluetooth, gps etc and screen brightness is relatively low. Battery was way better when I first got it.

Have you denied google Services the ability to wake the phone in Privacy Guard? That sent my phone back to 25r performance levels, 3 days without charging at a stretch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

JTMan wrote: »
    I got the Oneplus One earlier in the week. Very impressed.

However, unlike others, I am getting battery drain. The battery drain is coming from WhatsApp. I have no idea why. Any tips as to how to stop WhatApp battery drain?

Cheers.

I was having this too. I uninstalled and reinstalled WhatsApp and that seems to have fixed it for me.

^^Hey did you copy my username? ;) :pac:

Spotted this on Reddit

_20150410_143318.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Any body have any issues trying to set their email up? Trying to set hotmail account but the verification email they are supposed to send never comes

• Advertisement

Just picked up my Diztronic cover from Parcel Motel, loving it, nice and slim, doesn't add any bulk to what's already a massive phone
    Diztronic Ultra TPU Case for OnePlus One - Full Matte Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OSS12Z2/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_hsdkvb0BVG2VF

Advertisement