Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

Just picked up my Diztronic cover from Parcel Motel, loving it, nice and slim, doesn't add any bulk to what's already a massive phone Diztronic Ultra TPU Case for OnePlus One - Full Matte Black

Got the blue one today myself , happy out with it

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭spectre

My OPO arrived today. Has already randomly rebooted four times. It's version 11.0-XNPH05Q. Can anyone recommend a course of action? Given that this is day one I might just return it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

spectre wrote:
    My OPO arrived today. Has already randomly rebooted four times. It's version 11.0-XNPH05Q. Can anyone recommend a course of action? Given that this is day one I might just return it.

Same version as mine and I've no issues like that so dunno what direction you should go.. You contact OPO and raise a ticket ??

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Same version as mine and I've no issues like that so dunno what direction you should go.. You contact OPO and raise a ticket ??

It seems there isn't much point in opening a ticket according to the experiences of the many reporting the same issue.

Reading the support forums doesn't exactly fill me with confidence. This random reboot issue has been plaguing users since last July at least.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/random-reboot-and-more.232428/

https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON-213

https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON-2927

Life is too short for this nonsense. I'm sending her back. My trusty Nexus 5 never gave an ounce of grief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »

Will it be rolled out automatically or does it involve manual flashing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

spectre wrote: »

No flashing required.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

spectre wrote: »

Reboot your phone a few times the next few days and it should come up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Can't wait for the update.
    I rooted my phone recently and got one of the nightlies but I must have mesesed something up as I had to restore and the phone has been acting up since.

When I make a phone call the screen turns off and doesnt come back on until about 30 seconds after I hang up.
    I know its to do with the proximity sensor but not sure how to fix it.
    Don't want to flatten the phone again so once 12s is out I should be back to normal.

Still a fantastic phone but have noticed some software issues in the past 2 releases..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

I take it if your phone is rooted we have to wait for a custom update to install CM12? I'd like to update to this but i'd like to keep my theme and ui adjustments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

The amount of crying and whinging over on the one plus forums about the update is incredible. By the time I read one page it's gone up another 2. Ruins the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

emo72 wrote: »
    The amount of crying and whinging over on the one plus forums about the update is incredible. By the time I read one page it's gone up another 2. Ruins the forum.

Have to say it is the worst forum I've ever been on for moaning, hijacking threads, duplicate threads etc. Love the parrots though!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Although there is plenty of moaning here also I prefer the OnePlus subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Just wondering how long do they usually take to deliver? I ordered mine Friday and I know it says up to 5 business days. Longer shorter than that usually?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Have to say it is the worst forum I've ever been on for moaning, hijacking threads, duplicate threads etc. Love the parrots though!

Yea, it's pretty bad. Made worse by the people that are only in most of the threads to increase their post count :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Dwalsh58

harney wrote: »
    Yea, it's pretty bad. Made worse by the people that are only in most of the threads to increase their post count :mad:

And then you get the "I ordered my phone yesterday when will it arrive"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Are you guys moaning about people moaning??? Its moan-ception.

My phone took about three days to get delivered to the poster who asked :-)

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Are you guys moaning about people moaning??? Its moan-ception.

My phone took about three days to get delivered to the poster who asked :-)

No, it's de ja vu again, the question has been answered hundreds of times.
    People moaning about people moaning about people moaning, what's that called?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Dwalsh58 wrote: »
    No, it's de ja vu again, the question has been answered hundreds of times.
    People moaning about people moaning about people moaning, what's that called?

The only way we can fix this is by moaning about the people moaning about people moaning about people moaning. :confused:

The only way we can fix this is by moaning about the people moaning about people moaning about people moaning. :confused:

Let's start a thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Why do people care so much about updates. It's not like an ATM giving out free cash. Does it really impact peoples lives that much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

padair wrote: »
    Why do people care so much about updates. It's not like an ATM giving out free cash. Does it really impact peoples lives that much?

yeah, I don't get it either - it's not as if CM11 is some outdated stone age software running slowly and ruining people's experiences.

Then when the rollout does happen people will be bellyaching about some glitch or other.

People just like a whinge.

padair wrote: »

Yeah, usually makes little difference a few tweaks here and there, not since the early days of Android have there been big changes. But people need something to fret about and then complain about the glitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just an FYI. I've rebooted my phone and the update is now available for me.

I had to hit check for updates after rebooting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Got OTA this morning. .
    Seems good so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

11 has been running fine for me! Battery has been great with high amount of usage of apps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

just rebooted and checked - no updates available.

I shake my fist at OPO.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I am using the CM12 nightlies, no point to getting this one I presume?

Yep just did the reboot, the wait goes on, guess we should have it tomorrow for definite!?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yea still no update showing here.

Mc Love wrote: »
    Yep just did the reboot, the wait goes on, guess we should have it tomorrow for definite!?

The OTA zip file is available from the OnePlus forum. If you don't want to wait you can download it and flash it yourself! Currently downloading now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

The OTA zip file is available from the OnePlus forum. If you don't want to wait you can download it and flash it yourself! Currently downloading now.

Save me the hassle, do you have a direct link for that? For a friends phone.

<Edit Cheers Metalpanic>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Hi

Ok have the phone a while now its unlocked and running Cyanogen Mod 12 and a few questions
    • What keyboard is everyone using? The one I have is standard and the emoji not great for posting on viber, facebook etc and you have to press the return button twice. Coming from a Samsung keyboard which was good so anything similar? Tried the Kii keyboard but are there others.
    • Do you have to use file manager to organise pictures into folders any good apps to do this?
    • Using L Launcher. In Settings and Notification drawer I have the Select and order tiles as 5 tiles configured, one of them been data connection. However when I go to the drop down it’s not there and it’s a nuisance when I want to turn on data.

Thanks

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I use Swiftkey for keyboard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I have the latest cm12 now installed.
    Is it possible to use a toolkit now to back up then unlock bootlader and root, then restore?

I have the wugfresh bacon toolkit but haven't used it yet?

• Advertisement

is there way to manually download it if you are unrooted?

EDIT: Dumb question, I got into developer options by tapping the build number and was able to boot into CM recovery. Android is now upgrading

irishmover wrote: »
    Just an FYI. I've rebooted my phone and the update is now available for me.

I had to hit check for updates after rebooting.

Good to know, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Are there any reported bugs in this update? Battery in particular?

Probably a stupid question but anyone know how to remove the borders around the icons?

Thargor wrote: »
    Are there any reported bugs in this update? Battery in particular?

I keep getting an error when trying to log into my cyanogen account. Anyone else seeing that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭setanta1984

I keep getting an error when trying to log into my cyanogen account. Anyone else seeing that?

It's being listed as a known issue on the OnePlus reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/3288wv/cm12s_megathread_faqs_tutorials_known_issues_and/
    Known issues, bugs and glitches
    Rebooting fixes many minor issues
    Slow shutter/RAW camera crash
    Proximity issue, screen turning off when call comes in
    Instances of settings crashing
    No animations coming from lockscreen to homescreen
    Instances of calendar crashing
    Old Cyanogen accounts no longer work
    Messages crashing (clear data)
    Ambient Display not working properly
    Instances of AudioFX acting up

So a fupping mess in other words and back to waiting week after week... #sigh #firstworldproblems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

I've updated. My life hasn't really changed.

emo72 wrote: »
    I've updated. My life hasn't really changed.

Ssshhh the others will hear you!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

No update for me yet

Check for updates after a reboot and it will be there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Zascar wrote: »
    No update for me yet

Me either, It will happen soon I imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Installed myself from recovery. Very handy actually as I've no experience messing around with recovery or root or anything.

How in the name of God do I turn vibration off on this?!

Installed myself from recovery. Very handy actually as I've no experience messing around with recovery or root or anything.

How in the name of God do I turn vibration off on this?!

Vibration on the keypad press? Go to settings>Language & input>Android Keyboard Settings>Preferences

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Vibration on the keypad press? Go to settings>Language & input>Android Keyboard Settings>Preferences

Sorry, I should have been more specific. For notifications etc I'd stay I meant. I know "mute" doesn't exist in this build but is back in 5.1. In this build I can only get volume down to "vibrate" and don't see how to turn off?

• Advertisement
Advertisement