Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Using the phone on data and I'm down to 59% after about 3 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭breeno

Can anybody who is getting/has gotten 4G on Vodafone in Dublin as mentioned before share their APN settings? Is it live.vodafone.com that they are using or hs.vodafone.ie? I am using the standard live.vodafone.com but can only get H+. I'm in Dublin city centre. Have had 4G here on previous phones.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

breeno wrote: »
    Can anybody who is getting/has gotten 4G on Vodafone in Dublin as mentioned before share their APN settings? Is it live.vodafone.com that they are using or hs.vodafone.ie? I am using the standard live.vodafone.com but can only get H+. I'm in Dublin city centre. Have had 4G here on previous phones.

Thanks.

Is the One Plus suitable for Vodafones 4G . LTE Network ? i dont have the answer myself im on meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I'm getting the dreaded touch screen issues after update, fuuuuuuuuuuuu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

listermint wrote: »
    Is the One Plus suitable for Vodafones 4G . LTE Network ? i dont have the answer myself im on meteor.

Only in certain places.

What speeds are you getting on meteor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Just picked up my Diztronic cover from Parcel Motel, loving it, nice and slim, doesn't add any bulk to what's already a massive phone
    Diztronic Ultra TPU Case for OnePlus One - Full Matte Black https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OSS12Z2/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_hsdkvb0BVG2VF

I have the Diztronic slim cover as well, plus the Orzly glass screen protector - the perfect combination, nice slim fit with perfectly adequate protection.

In fact, I have one for sale on Adverts.ie in case anyone is interested - my original order got lost in the post, I got a replacement but the other one has since shown up too!

• Administrators Posts: 54,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Thanks.

I get LTE sometimes in Dublin with live.vodafone.ie. I'm in Dublin 18 and get it around my house and work (places where I don't need it :D).

I definitely don't get it as much as I got it on my old phone unfortunately.

My understanding is that it's a hardware issue that causes this rather than a software one, so I hope it's fixed in the OnePlus Two. In fact I wouldn't buy one if it isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Vodafone have several 4g bands. The band the One needs is only rolling out slowly by Vodafone as they are focusing on the other bands. Believe its hardware and not software.
    Hopefully we'll see them deploying more of the band we (and iPhone 5 users ) need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

awec wrote: »
    I get LTE sometimes in Dublin with live.vodafone.ie. I'm in Dublin 18 and get it around my house and work (places where I don't need it :D).

My understanding is that it's a hardware issue that causes this rather than a software one, so I hope it's fixed in the OnePlus Two. In fact I wouldn't buy one if it isn't.

OnePlus one doesn't support band 20 LTE which is vodafones primary band, however I think they are slowing migrating to band 5 which is why you can pick it up in some areas and not others.

Ah, so the OnePlus uses the same as iPhone 5? What about the 6?

And it should get better over time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Got the update this morning.

POSSBILE BUG / SETTING RESET? when I go into messages some contacts have changed back to phone numbers. I've checked contacts and they are there so why have the names disappeared from messages?

Had similar for mine, just that the number saved to the name 08x but if you changed the persons number to +353 it pops back to normal.

Upgraded this morning and the only bug I've seen so far is when I go into the settings page the I can't select Themes but can do it through the menu setting, I've only been running it for a bit.

Upgraded through the tutorial below.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭breeno

Thanks, will give the .ie version a try. Is your APN type "default,supl" and authentication type "PAP"?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

Mc Love wrote: »
    Using the phone on data and I'm down to 59% after about 3 hours.

I just disabled "Ok Google" I read that helps with maintaining battery life. It's a feature I never use so why not!

Thanks, will give the .ie version a try. Is your APN type "default,supl" and authentication type "PAP"?

Actually sorry it's live.vodafone.com.

APN type is default,supl and authentication type is not set.

One plus one supports the following 4g bands
    FDD LTE:
    700 (band 17), 1700/2100 (band 4), 1800 (band 3), 2100 (band 1), 2600 (band 7) MHz
    TDD LTE:
    2300 (band 40), 2600 (band 38) MHz

Vodafone own the following bands
    3 (

One plus one supports the following 4g bands
    FDD LTE:
    700 (band 17), 1700/2100 (band 4), 1800 (band 3), 2100 (band 1), 2600 (band 7) MHz
    TDD LTE:
    2300 (band 40), 2600 (band 38) MHz

Vodafone own the following bands
    3(1800MHz) - 30Mhz, increasing to 80MHz from 2015
    8 (900MHz) - 20MHz, increasing to 40MHz from 2015
    20 (800MHz) - 20MHz, increasing to 40MHz from 2015

Vodafone haven't fully deployed all the bands they own. Hopefully as demand increases they'll increase the number of bands they use to meet it. This would mean increased availability of the band we need.

Not an issue for me as I have WiFi most places I need and find I have H+ (HSDPA or 3.5g) which is pretty fast anyhow.

Had similar for mine, just that the number saved to the name 08x but if you changed the persons number to +353 it pops back to normal.

Upgraded this morning and the only bug I've seen so far is when I go into the settings page the I can't select Themes but can do it through the menu setting, I've only been running it for a bit.

Upgraded through the tutorial below.

If I do it that way does it delete all my data?

Also, would I continue to get OTA updates in future or would I have to manually update from now on?

Zascar wrote: »
    Why would you need to reboot before pressing check for update? On all phones I've ever had you've never had to reboot to check.

Somebody recommended it in a post a page or two back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Also, would I continue to get OTA updates in future or would I have to manually update from now on?

That's pretty much how I updated mine. Just keep away from that "wipe data/factory reset" button and you should be fine.

Note the use of "should" - erring on the side of caution, I did a Titanium backup beforehand.

If you have adjusted the DPI you will need to reset after the update to see your icons/menus.

Re future OTA, it shouldn't impact as all you are doing is forcing this OTA update

blobbie wrote: »
    That's pretty much how I updated mine. Just keep away from that "wipe data/factory reset" button and you should be fine.

Note the use of "should" - erring on the side of caution, I did a Titanium backup beforehand.

If you have adjusted the DPI you will need to reset after the update to see your icons/menus.

Re future OTA, it shouldn't impact as all you are doing is forcing this OTA update

So doing it manually I shouldn't have to reinstall all my apps etc etc? Nice :)

All the guides though seem to ask you to click the factory reset button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Alright lads, I'm on the CM12 nightlies and pretty happy. Any advantages to switching over to CM12s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Only in certain places.

What speeds are you getting on meteor?

around 24Mb last time i checked.

All my data was intact, followed it exactly like the video and voila. The video is pretty straight forward so I'm wondering what's the deal with people saying you need to unlock the bootloader and be rooted etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

So doing it manually I shouldn't have to reinstall all my apps etc etc? Nice :)

All the guides though seem to ask you to click the factory reset button.

Some people report various issues e.g lag, crashes etc after OTA updates. A factory reset is supposed to eliminate / minimise the chances of hitting issues. A "cleaner" install I guess.

FWIW I have never had to do a factory reset, before or after, to do an Android update.

The Gnome wrote: »
    Alright lads, I'm on the CM12 nightlies and pretty happy. Any advantages to switching over to CM12s?

There are a few differences, main one is the CM camera app. I'd stay on nightlies and wait for some of the bugs to be ironed out. I'm thinking of going back. Also the wake/lock bug on Google Play Services isn't an issue on nightlies so battery life is probably better. That would be a big one for me.

Just did the update, waiting for it to reboot....

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question but anyone know how to remove the borders around the icons?

Just fixed this problem:

1. Go to Themes
    2. Hit the hamburger in top left and go to Theme Chooser
    3. Click on the spanner icon on the active theme (probably Hexo)
    4. Click on Icons
    5. Change from Default -> System
    6. Hit the tick mark that appears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Just fixed this problem:

1. Go to Themes
    4. Click on Icons

Some icons are normal, others the same with the borders

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Could someone on CM12s do me a favour?

I want to see if Google Now will call someone, it hasn't been working on CM12 for a while now and its the same with Oxygen. If you could test the "call *Insert name here*" command and see if it places the call then I'd be mighty grateful. CM12 is not placing the call, just entering the number into the dialler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I want to see if Google Now will call someone, it hasn't been working on CM12 for a while now and its the same with Oxygen. If you could test the "call *Insert name here*" command and see if it places the call then I'd be mighty grateful. CM12 is not placing the call, just entering the number into the dialler.

Dials the call for me in Oxygen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Just fixed this problem:

1. Go to Themes
    4. Click on Icons

Tried this, no tick mark appearing :confused:?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Ush1 wrote: »
    Dials the call for me in Oxygen.

Thanks for testing it. It looks like the problem is on my side so.

OnePlus two due in the third quarter of this year, with a cheaper model due by end of year.

http://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus-two-due-third-quarter-cheaper-phone-end-2015

My update went well, the only issue now is I can't seem to add my Outlook.com account to the phone :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

My update went well, the only issue now is I can't seem to add my Outlook.com account to the phone :(

Are you using 2 factor security? You'll need to create an app password for the phone. Google doesn't like MS and tries to make life as hard as possible for them. You should try using google services on a windows phone, by god do they go out of their way to make it hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Jdmsupra

Anyone know what to do after putting in a new sim ( three network ) , im not getting any connection , whats the connections settings for the three network? ( yes the sim is inserted properly because when i go to network operators it gives me the list of the networks

Smart Lock (trusted places) doesn't seem to work on my phone even thought it's all turned on etc but works on my Nexus 7.

Smart Lock (trusted places) doesn't seem to work on my phone even thought it's all turned on etc but works on my Nexus 7.

Did you set a lock screen/pin first?

Smart lock is one feature I miss compared to other devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

As in CM11, CM12 is also doing the same for me and putting the number into the dialler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Updated and a little disappointed the Material Retro theme isn't available for it yet, anyone have any suggestions of a nice clean theme, the selection is pretty sh1te tbh

Edit, just bought this, it's different, I quite like it
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.avn.forto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Still no update for me

• Advertisement

Still no update for me

Just download and do it manually yourself, you don't need to wipe

Can someone confirm their 5ghz Wi-Fi is working after the update, I'm not seeing mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I think I will wait before updating.

Assuming there will be a patch, would it also need to go through the lengthy certification process?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

To the lads with the OK google dialling issue. Is the phone number in your contacts with +353 at the start? Seems it works with those numbers but not with 086 etc...

The 5Ghz wifi issue is a known bug, only up to channel 64 work, there is a fix but I can't install it, I think it's because I'm not rooted
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/themes-apps/cm12-enable-dfs-5ghz-wi-fi-channels-t3075067

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Ush1 wrote: »
    To the lads with the OK google dialling issue. Is the phone number in your contacts with +353 at the start? Seems it works with those numbers but not with 086 etc...

I will look into it more in the morning when it's OK to start calling people but initial tests don't look good. I have changed two contacts to the full country code but the numbers still sit in the dialer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anyone else get invites, i have no idea why i thought all that lark was finished with.

i have 2 if anyone wants them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 glitterslut

Does anybody know if there's any difference between flashing the zip file from the stock recovery, or just waiting and doing an OTA update, I dont wanna jump the gun and flash it half-arsed because I was impatient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Simi

Is anyone else's youtube borked? Trying to watch any video fullscreen is resulting in an upside down, stretched portrait view. Have tried resetting theme to default & clearing app data.

My messages app is also missing text, but that is due to the flux theme. Also hate how complicated profiles is compared to the old toggle system and quiet hours.

Can't seem to customise using the theme changer either, changing some things like lock screen wallpaper, kicks me back out to the settings menu.

Oh if anyone could point me to a thread describing how to reinstall viper4android on cm12s successfully, I'd be extremely grateful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

I updated to cm12 yesterday but the alarm no longer works when the phone is switched off.

Does anyone know whether there is a setting for this or if this feature has been removed from cm12?

Advertisement