Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭theroomisonfire

On the old version of cm12, the notification and quick settings menu could be dragged down from the top of the screen. There was an quick setting which allowed me to enable or disable the data sync for my accounts but I do not seem to be able to find such a quick setting in cm12. Does anyone know if it exists or can be added? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I updated to cm12 yesterday but the alarm no longer works when the phone is switched off.

Does anyone know whether there is a setting for this or if this feature has been removed from cm12?

Ive never known a android phone alarm to sound when the phone is powered of? Did I miss something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I will look into it more in the morning when it's OK to start calling people but initial tests don't look good. I have changed two contacts to the full country code but the numbers still sit in the dialer

Just what I noticed after seeing your post that on certain numbers it was just loading into the dialler and on others it dialled automatically. Once I changed the ones that weren't working to +353, worked properly.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Still no update for me. Annoying now. I originally wanted to wait for the OTA, but how exactly do you install this manually?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Anyone got a spare tempered screen protector? seem to recall a few having spares, cracked mine yesterday :mad:
    ill pay obvs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

Zascar wrote: »
    Still no update for me. Annoying now. I originally wanted to wait for the OTA, but how exactly do you install this manually?

Instructions and links are in this thread:

http://www.reddit.com/r/oneplus/comments/3288wv/cm12s_megathread_faqs_tutorials_known_issues_and/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

daytob wrote: »
    Anyone got a spare tempered screen protector? seem to recall a few having spares, cracked mine yesterday :mad:
    ill pay obvs

Might still have one at home. I'll check at lunch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I'm no techie but manual install was simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

So which is the better update, oxygen or cyanogen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Metalpanic wrote: »

Just followed this, nice and simple and phone is currently upgrading, thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Might still have one at home. I'll check at lunch.
    ;) pm if you do. cheers mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I have just received two invites for 64 GB Sandstone Black, they both have 2 days remaining.

Not sure if people are still looking for these, but if so drop me a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Has anyone on here got the update ota?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

xtal191 wrote: »
    Has anyone on here got the update ota?

Still waiting :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

Just went through this process and as a fairly basic user it was straightforward and worked like a charm... now to get my head around the changes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

NTC wrote: »
    Still waiting :(

Follow the instructions will take at tops fifteen minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

EyesClosed wrote: »
    Follow the instructions will take at tops fifteen minutes

I know you can do it that way, I'm just curious if anybodies even getting it ota

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

Brego888 wrote: »
    So which is the better update, oxygen or cyanogen?

Anyone?

wawaman wrote: »
    Anyone?

I haven't tried OxygenOS but basically;

OxygenOS is close to stock android, fast, stable but feature lacking. It's OnePlus' own software so in the future I can see it becoming more feature rich, but it's brand new.

CM12S is more feature rich, more customization and has the CM team behind it for updates tweaks and add-ons.

Both currently have bugs to iron out so it comes down to preference. I like to have the option to change my phone to suit my tastes, I like the CM camera app and audioMaxx equalizer so I am staying with CM.

That may change in the future when I see how OnePlus develop Oxygen and if CM continue to offer the same level of support for the One now that exclusivity is gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Smart Lock (trusted places) doesn't seem to work on my phone even thought it's all turned on etc but works on my Nexus 7.
    Did you set a lock screen/pin first?

Smart lock is one feature I miss compared to other devices.

After a little tweaking it's up & running now which is super handy, for some reason I thought it was based upon connection to my wifi but it's location based.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

do anyone have any guides to switching from OxygenOs to CM12 os?

I don't think I have a back up on my phone :-(

Got two invites to anyone who wants them.

GLNX-7CVP-SNIO-QITH && GLEK-0DDY-KY7X-HYVT

there are two days left on them.

padair wrote: »
    do anyone have any guides to switching from OxygenOs to CM12 os?

I don't think I have a back up on my phone :-(

Check back in this thread I posted a link to instructions.

Check back in this thread I posted a link to instructions.

Cool. Will have a look at previous posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I just got the oneplusone. I have vodafone wifi at home and the phone won't connect to it. Has anyone got a similar problem or has advice? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Anyone else on 12S getting an "Unable to connect to proxy server" error when you try to access the internet via mobile internet? Just updated about an hour ago and it was working fine with 11S. With eMobile if that makes any difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Right, I'm struggling to find any decent themes, don't mind paying. Nearly all seem to be dark, but what I need is bright with colourful switch icons and checkboxes as I use my phone in the van for music and need to see it in sunlight. Anyone any good suggestions? I was using Material Retro on cm11 but that's not been updated

I've downloaded the zip as per the video, how do I paste it in file manager?

I've downloaded the zip as per the video, how do I paste it in file manager?

It should be in the downloads folder.

• Advertisement

It is, but how do I copy it from there ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Step 6 in this http://cellphone88.com/how-to-create-folder-copy-paste-file-and-how-to-move-files-android-from-to-pc

Kinda old but basics still hold through

you don't need to. it is now on the internal disk.

reboot to recovery and you will find the file in the "0" folder, "downloads" folder

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Just updated. I prefer the old lock screen! Can I get it back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Zascar wrote: »
    Just updated. I prefer the old lock screen! Can I get it back?

+1 on this the old was nicer. The new lock screen is the stock 5.0 lollipop lock screen. As it is the same on my mothers Nexus 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Anyone notice the Auto Rotate in quick settings doesnt do anything ?

Or is it just me. ??

• Advertisement

Scratch that, it appears im used to Auto Rotate being either always ON or always OFF, it appears lollipop auto turns it off after a few seconds and to get it back on you need to tap it again. So effectively its always returned to portrait.

Have i got that right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

listermint wrote: »
    Have i got that right ?

I'm on the cm12 nighties and auto rotate toggle works as normal for me

Scratch all of that. It literally just started working. Weird very weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone getting "messaging has stopped" when they boot? I use hangouts for sending the few SMS that I do, but the issue is annoying nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Been having awful patchy data with my OPO.

Am on Three and find only successfully being able to use 4G / 3G / 2G in certain areas.

I did find a tip online saying to go into the testing menu (*#*#4636#*#*), Phone Information and choose WCDMA only.

I had no data where I was before I did this - and when I did it - data was working fine. Anyone know if this is the correct setting to be leaving this on, or suggest an alternative?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭spuddy

For those who can't wait for the OTA CM12 rollout, this works a treat:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-ota-manual-install-easy.297425/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

So much for their being 100% sure the OTA rollout would be here by now.

Can't seem to easily switch between tabs on chrome is there something I'm missing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

qwabercd wrote: »
    So much for their being 100% sure the OTA rollout would be here by now.

Can't seem to easily switch between tabs on chrome is there something I'm missing?

Go to settings in chrome and turn off merge tabs and apps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

after using for past couple of days have to say in general I am happy with 12s.

A few things that I can't figure out:

Can I change the performance somewhere?

Spotify no longer shows widget in lock screen (so can't change song etc)

I can't easily go from silent mode to vibrate etc (used to be able to do it from the power button) I am using widetsoid but it's not the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

oh and forgot , the audio equalizer doesnt work most of the time.
    It needs a reboot..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Ok the nightly update has taken my root and CyanogenMod camera first time I have done this so excuse the ignorance and searching for this is like needle in a haystack for a direct answer :(

I went into the developer options and clicked on root access and chose Apps and ADB but still not root access,. I have SuperSu v2.46 in the !ReadyToFlash- Root_files.

So 3 questions
    • Do I have to go into recovery and install SuperSu again to gain access and is this the latest SuperSu?
    • How can I prevent this happening again next time I install the nightly updates?
    • How can I get the CyanogenMod camera back?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Basq wrote: »
    Been having awful patchy data with my OPO.

Am on Three and find only successfully being able to use 4G / 3G / 2G in certain areas.

I did find a tip online saying to go into the testing menu (*#*#4636#*#*), Phone Information and choose WCDMA only.

I had no data where I was before I did this - and when I did it - data was working fine. Anyone know if this is the correct setting to be leaving this on, or suggest an alternative?

Thanks in advance.
    Thats how Im set up and I have excellent data in Dublin, Wicklow and Galway. Maybe once a week Ill double thap aeroplane mode to put it back into 4G mode from H+ but its usually very good at doing it itself...

I think the only thing that affects is that you wont switch over to roaming on vodafone for calls and texts when you go out into the middle of nowhere. Now it'll just drop to no signal until it finds 3 again. But then again 3 have merged with the O2 network and probably have better coverage than Vodafone now than when they did that deal years ago so maybe its for the best. Android users on 3 were plagued for years with their phones switching to Vodafone if something interrupted the signal even if it was just passing through a tunnel on the DART and then refusing to switch back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

sham69 wrote: »
    I can't easily go from silent mode to vibrate etc (used to be able to do it from the power button) I am using widetsoid but it's not the same.

That's my big bugbear with CM12, that and I really miss the old lockscreen.

Apparently the sound profile thing is a feature of Lollipop, Google thought the original sound toggles were passé or some rubbish so got rid of them.

I now set up a custom profile to go into silent mode when I connect to work wi-fi, doesn't seem to go silent though, still vibrating, very annoying.

Sounhud is a recommended workaround that doesn't require root:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.greatbytes.soundhud&hl=en

It still requires you to use the volume rockers to activate it which defeats the purpose in my opinion, and is really awkward as I'm using the OnePlus flip case which makes it tough to use them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Bit of a pain with the new lock screen.. When you doubletap to wake up you still have to swipe to unlock, then i use pin.

Also noticed the spotify lock screen buttons no longer work. But i usually just use the screen gestures for that..

Anywho looks nice enough and was really easy to manually upgrade!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I haven't got the update yet :(

Actually, does anyone know how to change the settings in the auto backup of photos to Google Photos to only include pictures I have actually taken, and not whatsapp images, screenshots etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement