Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

FitzShane wrote: »
    I haven't got the update yet :(

Actually, does anyone know how to change the settings in the auto backup of photos to Google Photos to only include pictures I have actually taken, and not whatsapp images, screenshots etc.

Yup got caught out with that a few times. Go to the photos app (not gallery) press the menu button on the left and then click on "On Device". Just deselect the folders you don't want backed up by clicking the cloud symbol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

FitzShane wrote: »
    I haven't got the update yet :(

Actually, does anyone know how to change the settings in the auto backup of photos to Google Photos to only include pictures I have actually taken, and not whatsapp images, screenshots etc.

Go to the google photos app.
    Click the three lines in the top left corner.
    Select "on device"
    you should see all your photo folders there including any messaging apps.
    A blue cloud icon with an arrow pointing upwards means it is backed up and a grey cloud with a line through it means not backed up.

Tap the cloud icon to switch on/off backup for each folder.

Bit of a pain with the new lock screen.. When you doubletap to wake up you still have to swipe to unlock, then i use pin.

Also noticed the spotify lock screen buttons no longer work. But i usually just use the screen gestures for that..

Anywho looks nice enough and was really easy to manually upgrade!

I read somewhere on XDA that someone is porting the old lock screen over. Keep an eye there, probably won't be long.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

My girlfriend's storage is encrypted so I can't do the Apply Update method that's been posted here on her phone. Does she just have to wait for the OTA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

Is anyone on 12S having battery issues?

I clean flashed it yesterday, charged overnight, and battery is being used by "Android System". It is using nearly the same percentage as the screen

I checked for wakelocks and alarms, and there are none of not.

Any ideas?

I just got the oneplusone. I have vodafone wifi at home and the phone won't connect to it. Has anyone got a similar problem or has advice? Thanks!

Try this?

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/oneplus-one-problems/2/#wifi

Kencollins wrote: »
    Is anyone on 12S having battery issues?

I clean flashed it yesterday, charged overnight, and battery is being used by "Android System". It is using nearly the same percentage as the screen

I checked for wakelocks and alarms, and there are none of not.

Any ideas?

My battery drain was 3% over night after denying Google Play Services wake up on privacy guard and turning off active listening for "OK Google". But Android System is taking up the exact same battery percentage as my screen too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Kencollins

Its funny that the android system has increased in battery usage. I wonder have more things been consolidated under the "Android System" and it looks worse than it is.

That said, the phone doesn't seem to be discharging excessively. I plugged it out at 2:30 am and by 8 this morning it had only used 1%.

I also have denied Google play services, accuweather, facebook, and facebook messenger wake up and keep awake privelages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

There was something seriously wrong with my battery the last few months, I was only getting about 3.5 hours screen on time but it seems to have gotten better under CM12s. For some reason when it used to charge it would get to 97% fairly quickly and then it would take about 45 mins to get from 97% to 100%.

Until a few months ago I used to have a large clock on one of my home screens above my icons and if I tapped it into it I could get straight to my alarm. On my other home screen above my icons I had some quick music player items like next song etc. Both seemed to randomly diaappear a while back. Anyone know how to get these back? Also how do you get rid of the Google voice thing from the home screen?

As mentioned by a few the mute system on CM12s is very annoying, I normally prefer to have pretty much everything muted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Yup got caught out with that a few times. Go to the photos app (not gallery) press the menu button on the left and then click on "On Device". Just deselect the folders you don't want backed up by clicking the cloud symbol.
    Thanks, any idea how to do something similar with Gallery so I can just scroll through my camera images and not see 1000 other entries for all the tiny icons in an icon pack, thumbnails for all my videos and a million other things like resources from games etc that no sane person would want in their photo gallery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

sham69 wrote: »
    after using for past couple of days have to say in general I am happy with 12s.

A few things that I can't figure out:

Can I change the performance somewhere?

Settings - battery - battery mode I think is what you're looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

qwabercd wrote: »
    Settings - battery - battery mode I think is what you're looking for.

Yeah I saw that but wasnt sure if it was the same as changing the processor mode on cm11 but I suppose it makes sense that it is.
    I have put it in my status bar.

Cheers.

If I can just get spotify controls on home screen now I am happy enough.
    Tried a few lockscreen apps but none seem to do the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Spotify widget?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Go to the google photos app.
    Click the three lines in the top left corner.
    Select "on device"
    you should see all your photo folders there including any messaging apps.
    A blue cloud icon with an arrow pointing upwards means it is backed up and a grey cloud with a line through it means not backed up.

Tap the cloud icon to switch on/off backup for each folder.

thank you thank you thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

My battery drain was 3% over night after denying Google Play Services wake up on privacy guard and turning off active listening for "OK Google". But Android System is taking up the exact same battery percentage as my screen too.

Turning off listening for OK Google is something I'd want to do. How do I do it please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Jacks Music Widget is excellent, can control all yours apps from the one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'd expect battery stats to show unusual results for a day or two until it recalibrates.

I manually downloaded the update onto the phone and updated via recovery. Very simple.

For those not happy with new lock screen, it's the lollipop lock screen not OnePlus/CM that's made the changes.
    Prior to lollipop I was using https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nurik.roman.dashclock

The dash clock app let's you fully customise what's shown on your lock screen. Whilst a lot of the apps need/functionality is now incorporated into lollipop it still offers some customisation advantages. It also has additional plugins for the lock screen (dash clock extensions on Play store). If you want your lock screen to show more detailed weather, sunrise/sunset times, unread items, etc it is all possible.

Smart lock and trusted devices, especially NFC, are working as I'd hoped.

I also had the error in boot re messaging/SMS but seems resolved and SMS in and out working fine.

Screen appears more vibrant/punchy. Need to adjust adaptive and auto brightness.

Am happy with it so far.

What can you use Oneplus NFC for in Ireland?

Nothing useful

• Advertisement

Turning off listening for OK Google is something I'd want to do. How do I do it please?

It's easy, just go to the google settings app (as opposed to settings)> Search & Now> Voice > Ok Google Detection > toggle off

Thargor wrote: »
    Thanks, any idea how to do something similar with Gallery so I can just scroll through my camera images and not see 1000 other entries for all the tiny icons in an icon pack, thumbnails for all my videos and a million other things like resources from games etc that no sane person would want in their photo gallery?

You can click on the options bar to the left and change to Album and select local storage. That cuts it down a bit. I found Google's own gallery app less cluttered you could download that. There are a few nice gallery apps you could try on the play store. Always like the Motorola one perhaps you could flash that?

Thanks, this is the one linked to the camera though, as in the one that opens after you take a pic or swipe right i camera mode, was hoping to fix that one instead of replacing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Quickpic is a great gallery replacement app.

Thargor wrote: »
    Thanks, this is the one linked to the camera though, as in the one that opens after you take a pic or swipe right i camera mode, was hoping to fix that one instead of replacing it.

The camera app should just recognize the new gallery and go to it instead. The phone will ask you which app to open and do this always.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

i am afraid that i need some serious help here....

i went to install the new update from earlier
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-ota-manual-install-easy.297425/

everything was going fine until the last step.
    i rebooted the phone but it is hanging on the 1+ android screen.

i cannot get into fastboot mode at the moment. it just keeps going back into recovery mode

looking for any advice how to get back on line again

i cannot get into fastboot mode at the moment. it just keeps going back into recovery mode

What software was on your phone before you started? CM11s, CM12 or Oxygen?

What software was on your phone before you started? CM11s, CM12 or Oxygen?

cm 11

cm 11

Oh ok weird. Was it rooted? My phone lagged on the restart and stuck on the Cyanogen boot logo too. I just powered off and on again, and it came back up fine.

There is a tool on the following link that can bring you back to CM11s if you think the file you used was corrupt or your phone is soft bricked.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/tool-oneplusrecovery-tool-v1-0-restore-stock-cm11s-fix-bricks-etc.235842/#post-8984990

Or you could do a factory reset from recovery and see if that will bring it back.

• Advertisement

ii never made it as far as the cyanogen boot logo. just stayed on the 1+ android screen.

looking at what you sent i still need to get into fast boot, which i am strugglling to do at the moment

factory reset didnt help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

How do you add new tiles to the drop down menu from the status bar? I had it yesterday but now I cant find the option anywhere.

may have made some progress, will update soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How do you add new tiles to the drop down menu from the status bar? I had it yesterday but now I cant find the option anywhere.

Notification drawer > Quick Settings Panel

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Spotify widget?

doesnt work on lock screen?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Jacks Music Widget is excellent, can control all yours apps from the one

Works perfectly, thanks a million, happy now with everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

may have made some progress, will update soon

This is handy to have http://www.wugfresh.com/brt/

Has been updated to 1.03 for CM12s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

blobbie wrote: »

Can u flash a clean CM12 with this?
    I only see unlock bootlader and root?
    I'm on cm12 but want to unlock bootlader and root and start from scratch with a clean install?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

I am having the same problem. When i tried to install CM12 it failed. I then tried to reboot and it said I have no OS installed.

My phone was rooted, on CM11 and I am using TWRP.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

iggy wrote: »
    Can u flash a clean CM12 with this?
    I only see unlock bootlader and root?
    I'm on cm12 but want to unlock bootlader and root and start from scratch with a clean install?

If you go into Advanced Utilities, in the right column, toward the end their is a "flash zip" option that should do the job. You may need to download & save the zip you want to install.

I haven't used this "flash zip" myself but did use the "Flash stock & unroot" when I bricked my phone when it was back on cm11s and then used the unlock & root options to root.

Another option, but again I haven't tried, it to set your model to the desired version and then "flash to stock & unroot" and then unlock, root, flash recovery etc. Using this method the toolkit should download the reqired ZIP, recovery etc.

Omeceron wrote: »
    I am having the same problem. When i tried to install CM12 it failed. I then tried to reboot and it said I have no OS installed.

My phone was rooted, on CM11 and I am using TWRP.

Any ideas?

Did you upgrade TWRP before you started?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

Did you upgrade TWRP before you started?

No, didnt upgrade TWRP.

I managed to upgrade to CM12s using this.
    blobbie wrote: »

Finally made some progress

Using bacon root toolkit I was able to make my way back to cm11. Drove me crazy

Still not able to upgrade to 12 but at least I have a working phone and not an expensive paperweight

Bacon also makes rooting very easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Finally made some progress

Using bacon root toolkit I was able to make my way back to cm11. Drove me crazy

Still not able to upgrade to 12 but at least I have a working phone and not an expensive paperweight

Bacon also makes rooting very easy

Have u tried this method?

iggy wrote: »

That is the one that failed for me earlier, very strange. Will just wait for the ota update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Basq wrote: »
    I did find a tip online saying to go into the testing menu (*#*#4636#*#*), Phone Information and choose WCDMA only.

Hi, I tried that but the choices I get are

1. Automatic

2. Euro Band WCDMA IMT 2000

3. USA Band WCDMA PCS 1900

I assume the correct choice is EURO Band WCDMA IMT 2000?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Ush1 wrote: »
    To the lads with the OK google dialling issue. Is the phone number in your contacts with +353 at the start? Seems it works with those numbers but not with 086 etc...

That solution worked a treat. I trawled the internet for hours ever the course of several days to get that answer. Good job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

Weird one for you guys. Today I picked up a new set of earphones (Sennheiser CX 5.00G). I got these specifically for the inline controls designed for Android devices. Only thing is, the inline controls don't work properly.

The volume buttons work fine, but the centre button, that's supposed to be for pausing, skipping tracks or answering calls just seems to act like the volume up button.

The weird part. I upgraded to CM12s the other day. Tried these on my gf's OnePlus that's still on CM11s and they work perfectly. So, it's a software issue I guess. I've been through the settings a few times, hoping to spot something that I missed, but I'm not seeing anything that could cause this.

Anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Fastboot is a different key press than recovery. Its volume up and power? You should always be able to get into fast boot. Make sure you don't connect the USB cable until you enter fast boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I was going to side load it, downloaded it reboot into recovery only to be greeted by twrp. Will the ota still install with twrp?

• Advertisement
Advertisement