Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

jozi wrote: »
    I was going to side load it, downloaded it reboot into recovery only to be greeted by twrp. Will the ota still install with twrp?

It should do but make sure you use the latest version of TWRP (if you can!).
    http://twrp.me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

BenEadir wrote: »
    Hi, I tried that but the choices I get are

1. Automatic

2. Euro Band WCDMA IMT 2000

3. USA Band WCDMA PCS 1900

I assume the correct choice is EURO Band WCDMA IMT 2000?

Anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

BenEadir wrote:
    Anyone?

I'm getting different options than you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone else think the camera is slow? Even after adjusting the settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

So far, I'm not impressed with CM12s....I don't like the lock screen but apart from that it seems pretty buggy.

*Double tap to wake is far less responsive
    *Screen brightness is all over the place - I can be using an app for 10 seconds before the screen "wakes up" properly.
    *Messaging crashes
    *Overall far clunkier

I must test and see if the bluetooth issues I was having are resolved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

So far, I'm not impressed with CM12s....I don't like the lock screen but apart from that it seems pretty buggy.

The lock screen is the vanilla Android one in Lollipop, someone will port the cm11 one eventually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

*Screen brightness is all over the place - I can be using an app for 10 seconds before the screen "wakes up" properly.
    *Messaging crashes
    *Overall far clunkier

Tried both cm12 and oxygenos and Bluetooth on both is not working for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Sometimes my screen on cm12 doesn't light up to tell me there's a call waiting (I use Bluetooth earpiece all the time).

What's the star mean beside my wifi signal strength indicator?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the battery is gone to pot on cm12. a full charge last night and its down to 15% now.

Sometimes my screen on cm12 doesn't light up to tell me there's a call waiting (I use Bluetooth earpiece all the time).

What's the star mean beside my wifi signal strength indicator?

Star means you are in priority mode, only priority notifications will interrupt
    http://www.androidauthority.com/android-lollipop-priority-interruptions-575343/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

Just smashed my screen!

Anyone replaced the screen themselves?
    Easy? Replaced iPhone screens before.
    Cost and where did you get the screen?
    Did it take long to deliver?

Cheers

Gar

Mr.S wrote: »
    Have they removed the silent profile in CM12? (no noise except for alarms / no vibration)

Can only seem to get normal, or silent (with vibration) or the thing that removes all notifications/alerts (which isn't quite the same!)

Yep, Google removed it
    http://www.androidpit.com/how-to-get-silent-mode-on-nexus-5-nexus-6-nexus-7-with-lollipop

Use the SoundHud app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Does the Ambient Display even work on cm12s?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

i am afraid that i need some serious help here....

i went to install the new update from earlier
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-ota-manual-install-easy.297425/

everything was going fine until the last step.
    i rebooted the phone but it is hanging on the 1+ android screen.

i cannot get into fastboot mode at the moment. it just keeps going back into recovery mode

looking for any advice how to get back on line again

I was the same, the startup logo loaded for 5-10 minutes for me but it came up after that. When it was loading it was showing the old bootup animation but once the apps were updated after that, the next restart showed the new cyanogen logo

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

*Messaging crashes
    *Overall far clunkier

Me too. Annoying after just a highly anticipated wait. Any workarounds?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭thomasj

Zascar wrote: »
    Me too. Annoying after just a highly anticipated wait. Any workarounds?

What do you not like about the lock screen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Glad I didn't get the OTA, will wait another week or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Glad I didn't get the OTA, will wait another week or two.

Half the gripes are OS changes and people migrating to lollipop. You'll see similar on every thread/fora where people are first gettinhs hands on with lollipop. Some of the issues, like alarm and priority settings, are addressed in 5.1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

gar wrote: »
    Just smashed my screen!

Anyone replaced the screen themselves?
    Easy? Replaced iPhone screens before.
    Cost and where did you get the screen?
    Did it take long to deliver?

Cheers

Gar
    send it back to oneplus €153 and they will give you a new phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

irishgeo wrote: »
    the battery is gone to pot on cm12. a full charge last night and its down to 15% now.

My battery lasts longer than CM11. Once I changed every google app waking up my phone every 3 seconds and downloaded battery doctor again it last longer than before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

This is odd, but in recent weeks I've noticed a very noticeable lag while scrolling through boards, like a couple of seconds delay before it responds to my drag/swipe. Probably not One Plus One related, but thought I ask here in case others have experienced it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Benzino wrote: »
    This is odd, but in recent weeks I've noticed a very noticeable lag while scrolling through boards, like a couple of seconds delay before it responds to my drag/swipe. Probably not One Plus One related, but thought I ask here in case others have experienced it.

I've had the exact same thing.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I've had the exact same thing.

Should have mentioned it, you using chrome?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Benzino wrote: »
    Should have mentioned it, you using chrome?

Yup. Pages stutter and lag abit when scrolling or a page loads at first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Same here.

• Advertisement

Definitely a chrome issue, Firefox is fine. One solution is to disable javascript in chrome (settings - site settings) and restart chrome. This seems to fix it for me, but obviously not an ideal solution.

Try Dolphin, it's a much better browser than Chrome, has add-ons including adblock and works with flash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

weird, my power button stopped working this morning.
    Couldnt do anyhting to fix it , then it just started working again.
    I thought the button was knackered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

invites no longer needed to buy OPO from today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Official Flip covers for €3.25 + €4 postage today aswell on the Irish site thanks to the dog choosing it as todays deal:

I don't think Ill bother though, I dont use a case day to day and I already have a crappy Ebay case if I need to pack it. I prefer the excercise armband for it when Im hiking or on the bike anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Screen protectors reduced as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

sham69 wrote: »
    weird, my power button stopped working this morning.
    Couldnt do anyhting to fix it , then it just started working again.
    I thought the button was knackered.

That happened me after I upgraded first, Was fine a few hours later. Was very annoying when it was happening.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Unlikely as it is but can the aqua effect be removed from a picture after the picture is taken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

try pixlr? ive no idea if it will.

Anyone with battery issues i've been testing mine the past couple of days. I've always charged my phone every night since I've got it. I've the phone approx. 8 months now. Just a bit of background as to how old the battery is.

When my phone updated I wiped my phone and done a fresh install, with then restoring my apps etc via bacon.

I then went to privacy guard in settings, three dots in right top corner and hit advanced. I hit the three dots again and tapped the show built in apps tick box. It showed a whole bunch of apps which wake up my phone, get my location etc a huge number of times every day. Tapping on each app I could then change how these app's accessed my phone. Things like wake up and keep awake I turned off for alot of apps and then set from always to ask or ignore for other non essential requests. This has since boosted my battery life by a massive amount.

I used to be down to about 15% by about 6pm after taking the phone off charge at 06.30am on a normal work day. Yesterday and today is no different than any other day but my battery is sitting at 60% at 16:50, the time of writing this.

This isn't anything new as I've done this before the update several months ago but it definitely has brought my battery to a level above where it has been since I've got the phone. Anyone who hasn;t done this yet and is having battery issues I suggest giving it a shot.

Another tip that I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned on here..

If you're like me and use your phone for work emails and are required to have a lock code for the phone here's a nice work around.

Go to Settings>Lock Screen>Trusted Agents and turn on Smart Lock. Go back to lock screen and down to Smart Lock which should be directly below that. You'll see four options, trusted devices, places, face and voice. Go to trusted places and set your home address. You wont need to enter a passcode anymore to unlock. I've set it for home and work for now. It works a treat.

If it's been mentioned here before I haven't seen it but it's incredibly handy so worth mentioning again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What other apps did you deny Wake up functions to besides Google Play Services?

Thargor wrote: »
    What other apps did you deny Wake up functions to besides Google Play Services?

Alot of apps. I scrolled through and any app which showed it waking up a stupid amount of times since I updated the phone I turned things off. They're most likely the main culprets for battery drain.

Also after doing this my android system went from draining 58% battery to 7%.

Also Battery doctor is a great app if anyone hasn't got it before. When I go to optimize I get to see what apps are causing drains. At the moment I'm just getting battery doctor to optimize but at the weekend when I've more time I'll probably source why most of these are causing drains and see if I can improve that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

irishmover wrote: »
    Things like wake up and keep awake I turned off for alot of apps and then set from always to ask or ignore for other non essential requests. This has since boosted my battery life by a massive amount.
    I suggest giving it a shot.

What apps actually need the 'wake up' and 'keep awake' functionality and what does it actually do?

I'd love to cancel it for a lot of apps but if it's going to affect notifications then I'd like to know a bit more about it.

• Advertisement

dubmess wrote: »
    What apps actually need the 'wake up' and 'keep awake' functionality and what does it actually do?

I'd love to cancel it for a lot of apps but if it's going to affect notifications then I'd like to know a bit more about it.

I've turned off facebook, whatsapp, telegram and Facebook messenger but still receive notifications for them if that helps? It doesn't seem to affect anything for me. I've been doing it since about 2 months after I got the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

I've turned off facebook, whatsapp, telegram and Facebook messenger but still receive notifications for them if that helps? It doesn't seem to affect anything for me. I've been doing it since about 2 months after I got the phone.

Cheers, will definitely give it a go.

dubmess wrote: »
    Cheers, will definitely give it a go.

Definitely recommend battery doctor too. It'll help determine what apps is draining your battery.

As an example I've denied Facebook waking my phone 2112 times since Saturday (when I blocked it). That's just one app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I remember there used to be a site listing all windows services, what they did and a recommendation on disabling them etc.

There has to be a similar site to this listing the standard apps and what the effects are if you deny waking the phone etc.

I wouldn't mind knowing which apps are safe to block and the effects of it as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Is it possible to make apps require a pin to open? I thought I saw it before on the phone but can't find it now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Is it possible to make apps require a pin to open? I thought I saw it before on the phone but can't find it now :(

I don't think it's there within the phone's settings, there's some free apps that let you do this though.

App Lock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

As an example I've denied Facebook waking my phone 2112 times since Saturday (when I blocked it). That's just one app.

So you block them but for example if someone shares a post to your timeline or if you got a WhatsApp message you will still get a notification yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Mourinho wrote: »
    So you block them but for example if someone shares a post to your timeline or if you got a WhatsApp message you will still get a notification yeah?

Yeah, I blocked 'Keep awake' on nearly all my social media apps this morning - still getting notifications

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

maximoose wrote: »
    I don't think it's there within the phone's settings, there's some free apps that let you do this though.

App Lock

Protected apps kinda does it but isn't 100% perfect

https://www.techmesto.com/using-protected-apps-cyanogen/

Advertisement