Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's not that bad to set a time on the alarm clock with the new analog clock face. I just went in to try after reading your post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Noticed yesterday that the Google music app kept starting on its own, had to force stop it. Also the touchscreen was intermittently working, not sure if it was the sun or the heat that was causing it to be like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

..Am I the only one still waiting on the OTA?

Haven't been bothered about doing it manually yet, but thought it would have came OTA by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

maximoose wrote: »

Haven't been bothered about doing it manually yet, but thought it would have came OTA by now.

That's waiting a while...

Have you turned your phone off/on and then checked for updates? Its the only way I get mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

They stopped it to add something new in apparently.
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/cm12-ota-was-paused.303676/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

I still haven't received the OTA update either. I just rebooted and checked updates but it says I'm up to date even though I'm on Cyanogen 11.0-XNPH05Q.

Given the negative statements about 12.0 I'm not sure I do want to update. I still haven't read of any useful functionality benefits which 12.0 brings to the phone Vs 11.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

BenEadir wrote: »
    I still haven't received the OTA update either. I just rebooted and checked updates but it says I'm up to date even though I'm on Cyanogen 11.0-XNPH05Q.

Given the negative statements about 12.0 I'm not sure I do want to update. I still haven't read of any useful functionality benefits which 12.0 brings to the phone Vs 11.0.

One majorly useful addition for me is smart lock but that's lollipop and not directly CM12 related. Then again wouldnt have lollipop without the update.

Also i'm entirely happy with the update. I dont see anything to note of negativity wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

If I ordered a oneplus today when would you think I'd get it? iPhone 6 has my head wrecked with battery life and small storage. Wanna sell it on and get one of these. I miss android! :)

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

around a week maybe less though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

irishmover wrote: »
    One majorly useful addition for me is smart lock.

How does that work? What benefit does it bring? I use the Google Now Launcher which (I think) gives me Slider Shortcuts on my lock screen that enable me to swipe to open an app or run a Trigger command which I use all the time e.g. I swipe to the left to run a Trigger command which connects the phone to my car bluetooth and turns the screen on full time i.e. it doesn't automatically lock until the connection with the car bluetooth is lost.

Will I still have slider shortcuts on my lock screen with CM 12.0?
    irishmover wrote: »
    Then again wouldnt have lollipop without the update.
    But what is the benefit of having Lolipop other than the addition of Smart Lock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

pedatron wrote: »
    If I ordered a oneplus today when would you think I'd get it? iPhone 6 has my head wrecked with battery life and small storage. Wanna sell it on and get one of these. I miss android! :)

Thanks!

I ordered one on Thursday of last week and received it yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Haven't got it either. Might sideload it at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I still haven't got mine yet either.

Andrew 83 wrote: »
    I ordered one on Thursday of last week and received it yesterday.

Cool. Think I may pull the trigger today so! Thanks lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

BenEadir wrote: »
    How does that work? What benefit does it bring?

It's of no use to you if you use slider unlock and don't have unlock security set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Did anyone manage to get a power bank? Don't see them on the site now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Was just going to ask that myself. No replies to my facebook queries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

my power button stopped working again yesterday, randomly?
    Also, my network passwords (for wireless AP's) all reset so had to send them again.

Phone acting a bit funny lately after a fantastic start when first bought.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Anyone else find touch can be laggy? For example moving your finger to scroll will scroll the page slower than usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I must say that when I first got the OPO I was so happy with it and was singing its praises to anyone and everyone. Over the past few months though I'm not so sure I'd be as quick in breaking into song. Along with other issues (mainly battery) people can't hear me clearly unless I'm on loudspeaker.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Anyone else find touch can be laggy? For example moving your finger to scroll will scroll the page slower than usual?

It's a known issue, it's the Cyanogen launcher, I changed to the Google Now launcher and there is no lag. The Google Now launcher is nearly identical with left swipe to the Google Now screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

qwabercd wrote: »
    I must say that when I first got the OPO I was so happy with it and was singing its praises to anyone and everyone. Over the past few months though I'm not so sure I'd be as quick in breaking into song. Along with other issues (mainly battery) people can't hear me clearly unless I'm on loudspeaker.

I had same voice issue, if you go into Google setting, turn off ok Google from any screen it seems to fix it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

ronano wrote: »
    I had same voice issue, if you go into Google setting, turn off ok Google from any screen it seems to fix it

CM12 fixed it for me - pity about the shocking battery drain though! Actually I fixed this too by turning off keep awake in privacy settings for nearly all my apps.

Anyone having battery issues with cm12s, get the new play services update
    http://pressandupdate.com/google-play-services-7-3-27-latest-update-download-and-install/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Anyone having battery issues with cm12s, get the new play services update
    http://pressandupdate.com/google-play-services-7-3-27-latest-update-download-and-install/

Somehow mine is newer than the one mentioned in that article. Mine is 7.3.29

edit. also i have not have any problems with battery since I updated to cm12s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Snap

Strange, Mine is also in 7.3.29, I updated it manually to this one days ago, must've been an update since.

Ordered and on the way! Now to figure out what OS I will run with! Majority of lads look to be on CM rather than Oxygen, yeah? I used to love flicking around through ROMs on previous android phones but I just want stable stock Android at this stage.

Would people still recommend CM over Oxygen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

More Cm woes this morning.
    Touch unresponsive as was the power button again.
    Phone is really starting to p*** me off.
    Battery is draining at an alarming rate.
    Downloaded battery doctor to see if it helps.
    Slowly falling out of love with this phone.

• Advertisement

I've been getting touch issues the past two days. Real laggy input. Sometimes it's so bad that swiftkey thinks I'm swiping instead of tapping!

Scrolling is slow etc.

I haven't installed anything new though, that's what's confusing me. It just started happening yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

awec wrote: »
    I've been getting touch issues the past two days. Real laggy input. Sometimes it's so bad that swiftkey thinks I'm swiping instead of tapping!

Scrolling is slow etc.

I haven't installed anything new though, that's what's confusing me. It just started happening yesterday.

I haven't gotten any updates recently but have the same issues. Or at least sometimes I notice it. Slow scrolling and keyboard thinking I'm swiping when I'm typing! Unresponsive touch a times too.

Slightly confused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

Did anyone manage to get a power bank? Don't see them on the site now

I picked one up on Monday, I'd say they go out of stock pretty rapidly.

dubmess wrote: »
    I picked one up on Monday, I'd say they go out of stock pretty rapidly.
    On the Irish site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

All accessories are half price on the official site at the moment for anyone looking for one.

Has anyone had problems with the cable disconnecting while charging? Only happens with the official cable for me.

Also, still haven't been able to filter contacts in the phone app, any solution?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

Thargor wrote: »
    On the Irish site?

Yeah, someone here mentioned half price cases so I went to have a look and saw that the power banks were available so snapped one up. Only available in a bundle with another 'USB charging adapter' for some reason though which was an extra €9.34 and brought the total to €22.93 for the lot, plus €3.99 standard shipping.

Also picked up an OTG cable while I was at it, at full price though grrr...

• Advertisement

Yeah, someone here mentioned half price cases so I went to have a look and saw that the power banks were available so snapped one up. Only available in a bundle with another 'USB charging adapter' for some reason though which was an extra €9.34 and brought the total to €22.93 for the lot, plus €3.99 standard shipping.

That was me that mentioned the cases! Doh, ah well I wouldnt have bought them anyway if they were forcing you to buy a charger for €9.34 with them, will have to keep an eye out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

I went in to buy one a couple of days ago and standard shipping was €18.99, so I didn't bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

All accessories are half price on the official site at the moment for anyone looking for one.

thanks for the heads-up!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

Thanks for that. Just ordered the JBL headphones! Pity the power bank is out of stock, but I think I am starting to lean towards the Mi banks. http://www.mi.com/my/mipowerbank10400/ They are smaller. The OnePlus PB is 14cm long. That's pretty big!

Mi 10400mAH: 90.5x77x21.6mm, 250g
    OnePlus 10,000mAH: 142.8×72.6×16.2mm, 220g

You do get two USB ports on the OnePlus version but I can't see myself using it to charge two devices at once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Phone has been acting very spazzy the last two days, Tuesday the power button wasn't working correctly and since then my touch screen has been awful trying to type/swipe that it needs to be rebooted, probably going to try Oxygen OS or switch back to CM11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Anyone else get an OTA update notification for Cyanaogen?

WvDY0Bvl.png

Phone has been acting very spazzy the last two days, Tuesday the power button wasn't working correctly and since then my touch screen has been awful trying to type/swipe that it needs to be rebooted, probably going to try Oxygen OS or switch back to CM11.

Exact same here (minus the power button).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Hi Guys,

I went from the last nightly of cm12 15/04 to the latest at the time nightly of cm12.1 on 21/04.

In doing this, I've lost root and can't seem to get it back. Anyone else have this issue? I reflashed supersu in twrp too but no help. Is it an issue with the rom? I updated twrp to the latest version and it still doesn't work.

I searched Google on the issue too, but I found no answers!

Anyone any ideas?

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I went from the last nightly of cm12 15/04 to the latest at the time nightly of cm12.1 on 21/04.

In doing this, I've lost root and can't seem to get it back. Anyone else have this issue? I reflashed supersu in twrp too but no help. Is it an issue with the rom? I updated twrp to the latest version and it still doesn't work.

I searched Google on the issue too, but I found no answers!

Anyone any ideas?

Did you check out this page? https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/rom-5-1-1-nightly-official-cm12-1-nightlies.300277/

I think there was a problem with TWRP and the latest version of CM12.1 nightly. I think a modified version of TWRP sorts it out. Not fully sure but check out the thread. Let me know how you get on, I was thinking of jumping over to that ROM.

Anyone else get an OTA update notification for Cyanaogen?

That's the new release with "Ok OnePlus" included. Anyone wanting to flash it themselves can get the zip here!

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/cm12s-yng1tas17l-installation-guide-review-change-log.304615/

I'm going to do it now!

Some posters commenting battery drain is better, but I think it's a bit early to tell. I'll check Google Play Services version and report back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Did you check out this page? https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/rom-5-1-1-nightly-official-cm12-1-nightlies.300277/

I think there was a problem with TWRP and the latest version of CM12.1 nightly. I think a modified version of TWRP sorts it out. Not fully sure but check out the thread. Let me know how you get on, I was thinking of jumping over to that ROM.

Thanks pal!

The only thing I didn't do from the setup process was wipe dalvik.
    I wiped cache, installed rom, installed 5.1 gapps and installed supersu.
    Is that step I missed the problem I wonder? :)

From the thread I found a guy where a reinstall of the rom fixed his lack of root issue, same as mine.
    Might give that a go!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Thanks pal!

The only thing I didn't do from the setup process was wipe dalvik.
    I wiped cache, installed rom, installed 5.1 gapps and installed supersu.
    Is that step I missed the problem I wonder? :)

From the thread I found a guy where a reinstall of the rom fixed his lack of root issue, same as mine.
    Might give that a go!

I think there is a setting in Developer options that needs to be set for Root Access.

Yip, just doubled checked CM12.1 I have on my N4 and there is a "Root Access" setting.

Currently applying the CM12.1 nightly from last night. It's a delta update so be interesting to see how it goes.........

blobbie wrote: »
    I think there is a setting in Developer options that needs to be set for Root Access.

Yip, just doubled checked CM12.1 I have on my N4 and there is a "Root Access" setting.

Currently applying the CM12.1 nightly from last night. It's a delta update so be interesting to see how it goes.........

Are you using CyanDelta for updates? Found that really handy on CM12 nightly

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Are you using CyanDelta for updates? Found that really handy on CM12 nightly

CM Downloader - Delta just looping around seemingly doing zippo. Will DL CyanDelta and give it a pop

17L is definitely faster and smoother, transitions and animations on my launcher are much better. Not bothered with voice commands, but if anyone is interested it is in settings>Laguage & input> Voice Wakeup. You have to train your voice for recognition..... Bluh!

• Advertisement
Advertisement