Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Went back to stock (unrooted) today, got rid of twrp and sideloaded lollipop earlier today. Had an update then to the hello oneplus updated and did a factory reset just to be sure it's all stock.

No noticeable lay on boards or anything abnormal. Didn't realise xposed wasn't updated yet though. Might try the alpha though as I miss a few things I had with it.

Other than that so far so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Updated to 12.0 with the "hello OnePlus" functionality and all fine bar root. Sorting the upgrade prices twrp asked if i wanted to install SU User to root and i said "yes" but when i run the root checker app it says root isn't installed.

I've looked on twrp for options to manually root but baby find anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

BenEadir wrote: »
    Updated to 12.0 with the "hello OnePlus" functionality and all fine bar root. Sorting the upgrade prices twrp asked if i wanted to install SU User to root and i said "yes" but when i run the root checker app it says root isn't installed.

I've looked on twrp for options to manually root but baby find anything.

Have you got the SuperSU app installed? If so you go into settings and do it from there.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

FaganJr wrote: »
    Yet again, another update, zero problems

Battery Fine

Touch fine

Screen fine

GPS fine

Wifi Fine

Bluetooth Fine

What ****e are ye running on this phone?

Mine has been fine until the past few days. Seems from reading elsewhere that there is a known hardware issue with the screen that can make touch input lag in warm conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

Are there still people waiting for the OTA lollipop update?

I realise I could flash it myself, but I honestly can't be bothered with the hassle.

Just checking in not the last oneplus owner waiting on an update!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Are there still people waiting for the OTA lollipop update?

I realise I could flash it myself, but I honestly can't be bothered with the hassle.

Just checking in not the last oneplus owner waiting on an update!!

Im choosing not to update my 2 phones. Gonna wait while more. As with all updates on iOS or other, glitches take time to level off.

If it works why break it ? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ilovespudss

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Im choosing not to update my 2 phones. Gonna wait while more. As with all updates on iOS or other, glitches take time to level off.

If it works why break it ? :cool:

The phone is operating fine for me so it's no big deal that the update hasn't come through.

Just surprised I haven't received the update. I know these things are rolled out in phases, but it's been a while.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll come through when it's good and ready

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

If you reboot the phone in recovery mode you can see if the update is there available I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    If you reboot the phone in recovery mode you can see if the update is there available I think...

You need to manually download it to the internal SD first. Updating is no big deal, I've zero issues here

Hi all,

I updated to CM 12.0 (manual flash via TWRP) yesterday using these instructions https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/cm12s-yng1tas17l-installation-guide-review-change-log.304615/ and all is fine with the exception of two things:-

1. The Theme I use needs to be updated but I can't log into my Cyanogen account via the phone. I have no problem entering my login and password to access my Cyanogen account on my laptop but the same login and password won't work when I try to update the theme and there isn't an option to reset the password on the phone option. :confused:

2. Although I chose to install Super SU (or whatever it's called) during the update to 12.0 root checker is saying the phone isn't rooted.

Help with either of the above would be appreciated.

EDIT: Problem #2 sorted. I went to the play store and downloaded Super SU https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu which I installed the normal way (not via TWRP) and rebooted. Root checker is not confirming I'm rooted. Simples!!

• Advertisement

Hi all,

I updated to CM 12.0 (manual flash via TWRP) yesterday and all is fine with the exception of two things:-

1. The Theme I use needs to be updated but I can't log into my Cyanogen account via the phone. I have no problem entering my login and password to access my Cyanogen account on my laptop but the same login and password won't work when I try to update the theme and there isn't an option to reset the password on the phone option. :confused:

2. Although I chose to install Super SU (or whatever it's called) during the update to 12.0 root checker is saying the phone isn't rooted.

Help with either of the above would be appreciated.

1, this is a known issue, create a new account with the same login details

2, the official cm12s is not rooted, only the nightlies

Ive noticed when the phone is in standby it shows the clock from time to time. Not sure what triggers it though, anyone any idea and how do I turn it off?

jozi wrote: »
    Ive noticed when the phone is in standby it shows the clock from time to time. Not sure what triggers it though, anyone any idea and how do I turn it off?

Display and lights > ambient display. It will display notifications too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

anyone experienced google play music app starting randomly? any way to stop it from happening?

Display and lights > ambient display. It will display notifications too

Thanks. Not a glitch then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Mc Love wrote: »
    anyone experienced google play music app starting randomly? any way to stop it from happening?

I've had that happen every so often. Never happened before this update!

Does it only happen when you plug headphones in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

OTA update yesterday, things are much improved. I've turned back on adaptive brightness and it seems to be properly detecting apps and not dimming the screen when I'm trying to use it!

Generally much more stable, haven't tested bluetooth yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

jozi wrote:

Ambient display?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

jozi wrote:

Ambient display?

Edit: it didn't show my first post on the android app so I tried to repost. Think I'll stick with the browser instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Does it only happen when you plug headphones in?

No it starts playing in my pocket or if it is lying down flat on a table. It never happened with 11!

Battery is doing good today, been using since 5:45 this morning, still have 66% left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Yeah. Your gesture controls have been switched on. Happened to me. Go into setting and turn them off and you will be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Still no OTA here. Are they still on hold or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Same.. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep same here on two one+ phones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Maybe it's mentioned in the 200 pages here but I have post from another thread about some issues I'm having.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95205444&postcount=714

bradlente wrote: »
    Maybe it's mentioned in the 200 pages here but I have post from another thread about some issues I'm having.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95205444&postcount=714

First thing to do if you have an issue with an upgrade is factory reset. I know it's harsh but it's always the place to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

First thing to do if you have an issue with an upgrade is factory reset. I know it's harsh but it's always the place to start.

Would that wipe everything?Mad how these little things are issues,The storage transfer thing is maddening.On my old,far inferior phone it read the connection straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Still no OTA for me, and with the sheer number of issues people are experiencing I'm glad.

bradlente wrote: »
    Would that wipe everything?Mad how these little things are issues,The storage transfer thing is maddening.On my old,far inferior phone it read the connection straight away.

Yes it would wipe everything
    Still no OTA for me, and with the sheer number of issues people are experiencing I'm glad.

There are plenty without issues, they just tend not to post. Zero issues here. I've installed SoundHud to change the sound settings back but this is a feature of lollipop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Zero issues on mine. Happy out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Got the OTA on Saturday, zero issues here

I've installed SoundHud to change the sound settings back but this is a feature of lollipop

How have you SoundHud set up? I've it installed and would like to have a toggle which basically sets the phone to total mute i.e. no alerts, no vibrate, no sounds at all except for the alarm clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

the t shirts are half price on the site. I bought one at full whack last week when I was buying the flip case on offer! They're a good quality shirt. I may just grab another one.

Can the phone be answered with the case closed i.e. by pressing the lock or the volume buttons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

I've noticed when I pick up my phone it's generally on 3G but once I start using it, it changes to H+ and rarely goes back to 3G. I'm on meteor and in Dublin so there's no reason it shouldn't be 3G all the time my old S3 always got 3G

How have you SoundHud set up? I've it installed and would like to have a toggle which basically sets the phone to total mute i.e. no alerts, no vibrate, no sounds at all except for the alarm clock.

No idea mate, I just use it for the sliders. I'm sure there are other apps that offers that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

So I heard the update might fix the Google Play problem, which would be nice.....hasn't come through to my phone though and don't feel like doing it myself yet. This is what my battery has been like for a couple weeks;

Screenshot_2015-04-27-09-44-40.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Meanaspie wrote: »
    I've noticed when I pick up my phone it's generally on 3G but once I start using it, it changes to H+ and rarely goes back to 3G. I'm on meteor and in Dublin so there's no reason it shouldn't be 3G all the time my old S3 always got 3G

H+ is faster then 3G.

H+ is a quicker band than 3g

*edit* whoops see Grimm has that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

So I heard the update might fix the Google Play problem, which would be nice.....hasn't come through to my phone though and don't feel like doing it myself yet. This is what my battery has been like for a couple weeks;

If you go into Settings/Apps/Google Play Services/Manage space
    What size is your Google Play Services app?

I usually "Clear all data" when that Google Play Services exceeds 150MB - or any app for that matter. But you may not have that problem.

• Advertisement

Just checking, it's at 93mb

Also getting "unfortunately, Google play services has stopped working" quite frequently

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just checking, it's at 93mb

Also getting "unfortunately, Google play services has stopped working" quite frequently

In contrast my google play services is using 1%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is there any new ETA for the OTA?

accrynoms FTW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Does anyone know where the setting is in CM 12.0 to set or remove the Google search bar from homescreens? Searched high and low and can't find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Does anyone know where the setting is in CM 12.0 to set or remove the Google search bar from homescreens? Searched high and low and can't find it.

If using Trebuchet, bring up the menu on the homescreen, scroll up and "search bar" will be adjustable there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

If using Trebuchet, bring up the menu on the homescreen, scroll up and "search bar" will be adjustable there.

Thanks EB, I'm using Google Now launcher and it seems to be a permanent fixture with no option to remove. Looks like I'll have to move back to the Nova launcher to get it the way I want it :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

No update for me either.

it seems to bring a lot of problems. Will they likely be sorted out in another update?

Disappointing stuff!

No update for me either.

it seems to bring a lot of problems. Will they likely be sorted out in another update?

Disappointing stuff!

Not sure where your getting that. You can have glitches and problems after any software update. It's always recommended to prepare, backup anything important and do a wipe as problems can occur. I didn't wipe and I have zero problems, plenty of others have posted the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i am confused here is there 2 OTAs?

i sideloaded one last weekend and its been a disater battery wise, now the phone is offering me another update?

currently on 12.0-yng1tas0yl

and the phone is offering yng1tas17l

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

irishgeo wrote: »
    i am confused here is there 2 OTAs?

i sideloaded one last weekend and its been a disater battery wise, now the phone is offering me another update?

currently on 12.0-yng1tas0yl

and the phone is offering yng1tas17l

Yes there was a second update sometime last week.

Advertisement