Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Bad day.......dropped my Oneplus one accidentally into water.
    The touch screen not working anymore, phone is powering up and charging and the screen lock button and the
    volume buttons are working fine. Does anybody know any good service centres in Dublin?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ive used GSM solutions on Abbey Street a few time over the years. Was happy with the service

Up from Jervis luas stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I got the second OTA on Saturday and it seems to have fixed the battery problems / Google Play Services i was having, left at 6 this morning, been using it all day and I'm now on 47%.

I didn't want to go messing around with wake locks but the last update was a disaster, this seems to have solved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Actually how do you go about putting the wake locks on, I know I did it before with a few apps but can't seem to find the option now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Settings -> Privacy -> Privacy Guard -> 3 dots in top right corner -> Advanced

and click on app

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

If using Trebuchet, bring up the menu on the homescreen, scroll up and "search bar" will be adjustable there.

I don't have a trebuchet just launcher 3 and Google, am I missing something or did they rename it?

Edit

Only really my fist at day of using the phone as normal, battery at 75pc since early this morning but I've been busy and not used it much. Wifi on all day.

Maybe I can't find it, but I was sure there used to be a sync menu? My andydo calendar isn't showing my Google calendar, though27e maybe it needed to sync to work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Trebuchet is launcher 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Anyone else yet to get update OTA?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

JBL headphones arrived this morning. I used them on my commute to work. If I had paid full price for them I would be very annoyed. The pictures of them on the OnePlus site are "enhanced". In reality they are a lighter red, they feel pretty cheap and the sound is nothing special. I am no audiophile but I have had better headphones from Panasonic and Sony at the same price point. Also the remote is very high up on the cable. It ends up resting about 12cm from your left ear, which I find a bit awkward as it is at collar height for a jacket. So overall, they are very average. I'd give them a miss and try Xiaomi Piston 3's. They get very good reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

That's disappointing to hear. OPO need to be careful about the accessories they give blessing to as it will damage the overall brand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Unfortunately Google play services has stopped

17 times since 7am i've cleared cache and data and still happens its getting annoying, touch has gone crappy as well. looking like an RMA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

safetyboy wrote: »

17 times since 7am i've cleared cache and data and still happens its getting annoying, touch has gone crappy as well. looking like an RMA

Have you turned wakeup and keep awake off? This possibly may be your issue for google play services. With the latest update you don't need them off anymore to help with battery consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 james12326

Lads downloaded the OTA update, however when I hit install update it just brings me to a screen called 'cyangoen recovery' I click into 'apply update' but I cant find where the update is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

I was getting that at the weekend after I sideloaded an update to Google Play Services. I could barely use the phone. I had to go into apps and uninstall updates then re-install the previous update directly from Google Play.

I had to change some admin settings to allow me to uninstall the Google Play Services updates (can't remember how exactly I did that, but there was a prompt, think I had to first disable it).

I've only had the notification once since then and phone is working a lot smoother.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

That's disappointing to hear. OPO need to be careful about the accessories they give blessing to as it will damage the overall brand.

I agree. When you get your OPO the packaging, printing and accessories in the box (cable, plug sim tray tool) are all presented so well and lend the brand a premium image. The JBL headphones do not live up to that in my opinion. Perhaps OP's own brand headphones are better.

james12326 wrote: »
    Lads downloaded the OTA update, however when I hit install update it just brings me to a screen called 'cyangoen recovery' I click into 'apply update' but I cant find where the update is?

After you hit 'Apply Update' there should be an option to 'choose from internal storage', then hit '0/' and you should see the downloaded zip file.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

Anyone else yet to get update OTA?

I've yet to get anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I got some xaiomi piston 3s last week. Very pleased with them - solid construction and great sound. All the buttons & mic work with my OPO. I'll post some pics later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

digitaldr wrote: »
    I got some xaiomi piston 3s last week. Very pleased with them - solid construction and great sound. All the buttons & mic work with my OPO. I'll post some pics later.

Ordering now, thanks for posting that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

Every hour or so I get a google services message "application requires an update" however there is no update on google play. It seems to be widespread after reading comments on appstore is there any fix for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

Liquidus wrote: »
    Every hour or so I get a google services message "application requires an update" however there is no update on google play. It seems to be widespread after reading comments on appstore is there any fix for this?

A solution for the Nexus 4 was open Settings/Apps/Google Play Services

1) Disable the Google Play Services and select Yes to "Restore the app to its factory settings".
    2) If it doesn't allow you to disable it, deactivate Device manager when prompted.
    3) Enable Play Services again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,968 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Does anyone know whats happening with the powerbanks?

Am I checking the wrong page every day or something?

https://oneplus.net/ie/oneplus-power-bank

Getting close to camping season now and Im going to have to order a Xaoimi or something instead, no response to multiple emails...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Thargor, just go for the xiaomi power bank (make sure it's legit as eBay full of fakes). What advantage does the OnePkus power bank offer? I've several of the xiaomi and can't fault.

Pistons 3 are worth a look. Not as unusual looking as the 2nd gen pistons but more comfortable i find. Bass is enhanced but not as much in the latest version. I find mids and vocals less muddy on the 3rd gen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Been using this power bank since I got the phone http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00J1V6ESQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
    Hasn't let me down yet.

Thargor, just go for the xiaomi power bank (make sure it's legit as eBay full of fakes). What advantage does the OnePkus power bank offer? I've several of the xiaomi and can't fault.

Pistons 3 are worth a look. Not as unusual looking as the 2nd gen pistons but more comfortable i find. Bass is enhanced but not as much in the latest version. I find mids and vocals less muddy on the 3rd gen.
    Because its huge capacity, good reviews, practically guaranteed to not be fake and its dirt cheap, also it matches my phone :D

EDIT: Also its small for the amount of charge it holds, power indicator LEDs on the side and dual USB output.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

It's not your phone! Both my one and my shield tablet are doing the same thing . battery is being hit hard on both devices too with the One dropping to 50% and the tablet to 30% from full both in only 4 hour's!

Thargor wrote: »
    Does anyone know whats happening with the powerbanks?

Am I checking the wrong page every day or something?

https://oneplus.net/ie/oneplus-power-bank

Getting close to camping season now and Im going to have to order a Xaoimi or something instead, no response to multiple emails...

For what it's worth I ordered one last Monday, no dispatch notification yet.
    I got an email from customer support saying that the white power banks were out of stock everywhere (until April 30th) and would I mind replying and choosing a sandstone black one if I still wanted one.

Thing is I had actually ordered a sandstone black one... I replied anyway stating as much and have yet to receive any reply.

Thanks, the usual mess then, check back in a month and see if anything has changed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yeah, read this on the OPO forums a few weeks.

Ordered off IBuyGou for $17.99 / €16.91 (stupid horrible exchange rate at the moment) on April 8th and they arrived this morning.

Beautifully packaged and presented... they've been learning some lessons off Apple. Haven't opened yet but definitely seem a steal at that price!

5KEXyT.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Basq, they're the 2nd gen pistons. I like them and have a couple of pairs. The 3rd gen are rather different. You got a good price on them even with exchange rate.

Did you have a sniff of the packaging? Have a smell of the brown rubber interior.

god's toy wrote: »
    It's not your phone! Both my one and my shield tablet are doing the same thing . battery is being hit hard on both devices too with the One dropping to 50% and the tablet to 30% from full both in only 4 hour's!

Think i have mine sorted, i removed my google account and started a new one from scratch and it redownloaded google services, then i logged back in with my main account and it seems grand now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Basq, they're the 2nd gen pistons. I like them and have a couple of pairs. The 3rd gen are rather different. You got a good price on them even with exchange rate.
    Yeah, seemed like a good price alright!
    Did you have a sniff of the packaging? Have a smell of the brown rubber interior.
    Nope, binned the packaging. Only have case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

I found the 2nd gens uncomfortable to wear. The inside rim would hurt my ears after a while. Will give the 3rd gens a go though because the design looks have fixed this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Think i have mine sorted, i removed my google account and started a new one from scratch and it redownloaded google services, then i logged back in with my main account and it seems grand now.

Cool, let us know if the error comes back. after a few restarts both my phone and tablet are (so far) behaving...

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

james12326 wrote:

Did u find the file , its in Android / fota ....

• Advertisement

Most Accessories gone up by 2euro today not sure why

dubmess wrote:
    For what it's worth I ordered one last Monday, no dispatch notification yet. I got an email from customer support saying that the white power banks were out of stock everywhere (until April 30th) and would I mind replying and choosing a sandstone black one if I still wanted one.

I ordered blacksand stone on Monday ,got the same email , this morning got conformation for shipping off power bank with EU plug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Mr.S wrote: »
    Silly question, but does this have wireless charging support?

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I'm finding i have to reboot the phone whenever the phone's touchscreen starts to malfunction. I can't swipe or scroll on any screen or app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

dubmess wrote: »
    For what it's worth I ordered one last Monday, no dispatch notification yet.
    I got an email from customer support saying that the white power banks were out of stock everywhere (until April 30th) and would I mind replying and choosing a sandstone black one if I still wanted one.

Thing is I had actually ordered a sandstone black one... I replied anyway stating as much and have yet to receive any reply.
    bert911 wrote: »
    I ordered blacksand stone on Monday ,got the same email , this morning got conformation for shipping off power bank with EU plug

Where are ye ordering power banks from?

I didn't think they were available to Ireland yet..

• Advertisement

Where are ye ordering power banks from?

I didn't think they were available to Ireland yet..

Power banks were available last Monday for a few hours as a bundle (power bank + EU plug) for 23 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

bert911 wrote: »
    Power banks were available last Monday for a few hours as a bundle (power bank + EU plug) for 23 euro

Thanks.

I never saw any tweets or anything about that >:(
    They were meant to be on sale properly this month according to their blog.

god's toy wrote: »
    Cool, let us know if the error comes back. after a few restarts both my phone and tablet are (so far) behaving...

Not a peep of it yet, opo seems a lot faster also which is good and no touch screen issues yet..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What site did you buy them from ?Where is the best value?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Which site did you order them from? I went on the Xaiomi site and was being charged $22 for delivery!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Will the CM12s OTA update wipe the phone?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

What providers are people using for 4G access or is it only 3 that is compatible with the OPO??

No
    I always factory reset though, theres always some little bugs afterwards or maybe Im just paranoid.

Thargor wrote: »
    I always factory reset though, theres always some little bugs afterwards or maybe Im just paranoid.

Sometimes, not always. No bugs here but I will wipe at some stage when I've more time

• Advertisement
Advertisement