Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

OTA is ready for me, but I'm scared.

I did it yesterday.Tis fine. A few changes but all ok on my 2 opo's..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

yeah, took the plunge and it seems ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Updated this morning.

Battery died a death immediately.

From fully charged showed 3 hours left.

Changed power settings around and un installed the boards app that was showing using up battery which got the batt up 5 hours, eventually showed 10.

This was based on the screen being off of course.

From actually using the battery dropped like a rock.

Trying a slow charge tonight and will give the factory reset a shot if needed but this a ****ing joke considering the long wait for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Updated this morning.

Battery died a death immediately.

From fully charged showed 3 hours left.

Changed power settings around and un installed the boards app that was showing using up battery which got the batt up 5 hours, eventually showed 10.

This was based on the screen being off of course.

From actually using the battery dropped like a rock.

Trying a slow charge tonight and will give the factory reset a shot if needed but this a ****ing joke considering the long wait for this.

Something obviously went wrong as that ain't normal. I have done two clean installs of Lollipop, the first update and then another clean install of the second lollipop update and I have no battery problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Simi

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Any opinions on the official clear case? Anyone using it?

I have it a few days now. It's grand, doesn't add much to the width, it leaves the top and bottom exposed with a little lip over the corners for protection. It doesn't really rise much above the front of the screen, so not much protection there. I have a tempered glass protector in place & it's pretty much flush with that. Kinda slippy. I'll probably give making a custom insert a go at some point https://blog.oneplus.net/2015/03/diy-custom-oneplus-one-back-covers/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

daytob wrote: »
    its really not, download all the filters you would use and the camera and its just like installing a few apps all in one go. install the camera first, then the subsequent filter you might use.
    I found putting them all in a folder in dropbox was the easiest for me. I am glad I got it, its really class.

What guide did you use to install it and where did you download the stuff needed?

Thanks
    Takes 5 mins but is worth it. Oppo use the same Sony camera hardware in the Oppo Find so it's designed for it. Completely opens up the camera settings.

What guide did you use to install it and where did you download the stuff needed?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Thanks

Thanks

http://oneplus.wonderhowto.com/how-to/install-coloross-camera-your-oneplus-one-for-improved-photos-all-around-0160459/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

I am having problems making voice dials from bluetooth when the screen is locked. I hold down the button on the headset, the screen lights up but I don't get the sound back from google now. It works ok when I unlock the screen first. I'm on CM 12. Anyone using oxygen and finding it better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Thanks
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/themes-apps/port-coloros-camera-cm11s-t3030369

Used this. pretty handy as it had all the filters in a cloud storage for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

happy with the update so far, battery seems improved too.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Battery on mine died very quickly after the update. Two power cycles later it seems OK.

Had a few crashes and issues but I think it was related to the flux theme I was running.. Going back to default for a while to see if that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

After update to cm12 gps is now screwed up. Shows wrong location and takes a long time to get a lock even with the use of 3rd party apps to improve gps lock.
    This and the google services message every 10 mins makes me consider going back to apple next time

Liquidus wrote: »
    After update to cm12 gps is now screwed up. Shows wrong location and takes a long time to get a lock even with the use of 3rd party apps to improve gps lock.
    This and the google services message every 10 mins makes me consider going back to apple next time

Do a factory reset. Issues can happen with any upgrade on any OS, it's always cleaner to do a wipe so you are not carrying settings and setting everything up fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

Do a factory reset. Issues can happen with any upgrade on any OS, it's always cleaner to do a wipe so you are not carrying settings and setting everything up fresh.

Is there anyway to factory reset without losing photos, apps etc? I have my photos stored in Dropbox and Google but would like to keep them in my phone gallery as well.

I presume that factory reset will wipe everything except for the updated Cyanogen?

I've had the phone 3 months now and absolutely love it. Upgraded Cyanogen a few days ago and have noticed a few teething problems

- unlock screen can freeze if the phone has been in my pocket for a period of time.
    - the user profiles don't necessarily correspond (selected silent and the phone rang aloud)
    - the physical volume buttons work but I can't adjust volume with the on screen controls.

It's a great phone. Just want to get the best out of it.

Thanks

turniphead wrote: »
    Is there anyway to factory reset without losing photos, apps etc? I have my photos stored in Dropbox and Google but would like to keep them in my phone gallery as well.

I presume that factory reset will wipe everything except for the updated Cyanogen?

Factory reset will wipe all everything including all photos, you'll need to download them again to the phone if you want them there but the Google backed up ones will be visible in the Google plus app. Apps will automatically download again when you login to your Google account (as long as you have it set to do so) but you'll have to login and configure to them again after they install.

Supposedly lots of fixes here, I don't have any issues myself so can't verify any

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/oneplus-one-how-fix-issues-after-caynogen-os-12-update-1499581

Supposedly lots of fixes here, I don't have any issues myself so can't verify any

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/oneplus-one-how-fix-issues-after-caynogen-os-12-update-1499581

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Not really impressed or happy with the CM12 update at all to be honest. Some of the features that I liked so much seem to have just disappeared altogether.

1) Last night I put my phone charging at 10%. I woke up this morning and it was at 27%. such a charge! It was usually so quick to charge, let alone 17% in 7 hours.

2) The new notification centre is horrific IMO. I don't want iphone-esq notifications appear on my screen the whole time. Especially when the battery one will not go away and the fact it now takes 2 swipes to open the notification centre as opposed to 1. I miss the left & right swipe where right was notifications & left was the quick options. Instead I find myself swiping many times just to open the centre and even at that, it opens an app by mistake instead.

3) The quick option from the lock screen does not work.

4) Can't unlock after waking the screen, instead you again have to have an extra swipe to open the option to unlock.

5) The new theme is awful, again IMO, and I want my old one back! Why change & over-ride all the settings I had on my phone.

6) Where is the option to put my phone on silent gone to? Are profiles just not working anymore? All my message tones for different apps are all screwed up.

7) Is there no more option for the auto brightness on the screen anymore?

8) A lot of contacts are now not showing the name when I receive a message from them in the message app.

I'm sure I have many more complaints like the Chrome one, which I managed to fix, but this is probably the worst phone update I have ever gotten. I thought they were supposed to enhance the phone, but instead it has made the phone go backwards & get worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

FitzShane wrote: »
    6) Where is the option to put my phone on silent gone to? Are profiles just not working anymore? All my message tones for different apps are all screwed up.

This is my biggest issue with it so far. My phone was always on silent.

Selecting "None" on the menu that pops up when you press up or down on the volume rocker is the new alternative, but it doesn't allow notification lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

maximoose wrote: »

Selecting "None" on the menu that pops up when you press up or down on the volume rocker is the new alternative, but it doesn't allow notification lights.

This and most of the other ones are Lollipop related and not specific to the phone, I think.

• Advertisement

Yeah I think they are Lollipop related, that fix list above seems to take care of most of my main gripes with it so far.. may give it a go later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

There are not always message tones on my WhatsApp messages since the update. Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

I have an issue with the Wifi, it registers as connected but no data is transfered. If I put it to flight mode and then turn on Wifi it works for a minute then back to "connected to a network" but not sending data. It says to download and flash some file.

How do I flash a file? Dont have root.

Is there anyone else experiencing this issue or has found a fix?

With the notifications you can turn off ones you dont want and with the slide down it opens notifications under the quick settings so dont think its all that bad.

Hoping battery will improve. Will post back with results.

pretty ****ing miffed I must say.
    3 calls and on each one I couldnt answer. kept getting an error * i forget what it said. i.android.callm or something like that.:mad:

Anyone else have this issue?
    screenshot_2015-05-05c3rc0.png

1) Last night I put my phone charging at 10%. I woke up this morning and it was at 27%. such a charge! It was usually so quick to charge, let alone 17% in 7 hours.

I've been charging it all day at work, it's now up to the dizzying heights of 55%. I wouldn't mind if it was an old phone or something but I only bought it in January!

Something def not right there.

I plugged in at 8% just before 2pm, at 96% now.

I don't like the new battery stats screen either, am I missing something or has the uptime since last charge just disappeared?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've been charging it all day at work, it's now up to the dizzying heights of 55%. I wouldn't mind if it was an old phone or something but I only bought it in January!

Make sure your charge cable isn't coming loose from the plug. Happens to mine the odd time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Reduction in price on many of the accessories again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Just use the volume keys all the way to the bottom and it puts the phone on silent + vibrate.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Make sure your charge cable isn't coming loose from the plug. Happens to mine the odd time.

The phone hasn't been charging properly from 2 different chargers for the last 16 hours. I don't think it's a faulty cable as it only started when I updated the phone.

Just use the volume keys all the way to the bottom and it puts the phone on silent + vibrate.

I don't want vibrate though.

Why they removed proper silent mode is baffling!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

daytob wrote: »
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/themes-apps/port-coloros-camera-cm11s-t3030369

Used this. pretty handy as it had all the filters in a cloud storage for me.

Thanks. I don't think Ill bother, I think I might get rid of the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

I don't want vibrate though.

Why they removed proper silent mode is baffling!

XPOSED 'True Silent' does the job as per link in mass_debaters post on page 213

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

Anyone having trouble with the DONEDEAL app on CyanogenMod 12…just upgraded to cm12 the weekend and since then I'm not getting any app instant notifications...

Iv uninstalled and reinstalled the app but no joy....

Anyone any ideas or have the same problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Is it just me or is this phone quite sh1t since CM12?

I've been having problems with battery, notifications, contacts (filters won't work so I have several thousand contacts from my work email account) and a few more things.

I know there are fixes but tbh I could not be arsed flashing things to make a phone do what it should do. I had recommend it to several friends based on the phone when I got it but I think I will stop now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Is there no graphic equaliser or tone control like there was with CM11?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I've been getting the cm12 phone update notification for the past four days and I've been ignoring it based on what I'm reading here :\

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Did a factory reset to see if it would sort my battery problems, to no avail. Google play services the culprit. Have to go through the effort of getting all my settings etc back but just not arsed. Officially fallen out of love with this phone.

qwabercd wrote: »
    Did a factory reset to see if it would sort my battery problems, to no avail. Google play services the culprit. Have to go through the effort of getting all my settings etc back but just not arsed. Officially fallen out of love with this phone.

Turn off your phone>> press Power + Volume Down buttons together>> in recovery mode wipe the Dalvik Cache and Cache.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

I'm personally loving the CM12 update and have not experienced any of the issues that others here are having. I would imagine most of the issues people are having could be solved by a factory reset.

Not having silent mode is odd though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Patww79 wrote: »

I figured as much, but that doesn't mean that Cyano couldn't build it in ;)

I still love this phone. Panic struck in yesterday when my calls were not registering. However it turns out turning off the theme * that previously worked, and dialer being uninstalled helped.

Its still a class phone, but I think the issues are mainly down to the teething problems for lollipop, I always am looking for the next phone though and I will switch soon when something that suits my needs * and initial reviews show its suffice for me * Its nothing against the phone. I will probably see a new one ( phone ) in my hand before the end of the year, and thats a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭turniphead

If lollipop is the problem will there be an update soon to fix the teething problems?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Is there no graphic equaliser or tone control like there was with CM11?

AudioFX should still be a part of cm12s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

cm12s with the latest update is 5.0.2 afaik

What Lollipop version is CM12S based on? There probably won't be too many updates of Android past 5.1.2, maybe they'll get to 5.2, but the fact is that Google just really messed up this version. Especially when you see how good KitKat was.

Most are features and changes, not bugs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

AudioFX should still be a part of cm12s

AudioFX is still got the same bug that prevents it working fully with apps like Google Music. You still have to restart the phone before loading the music apps.

How was that missed? Its been like that for some time now. Would like to use Google music's own built in equalizer settings but I don't think you can..

• Advertisement
Advertisement