Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Hi guys,

Just a quick question.. Is there any way to get a watsapp notification on your screen when you wake up the phone using the power button at the top left? I've been only able to see that I have a message with a flashing LED indicator. I can see the watsapp notification at the top when I unlock the phone only.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

Right so I flat out hate lollypop, it's more than simply because of change but rather unintuitive change. Press twice to call someone, silent mode disappeared replaced by ineffective profile bs amongst other things. I was waiting for lollypop to sort my battery which was always 20 percent after a long day to not lasting a day for the last 2 months.

Brings me to my question, my phone isn't rooted (can do but rather not) but what rom would you suggest flashing that would give decent stable performance and a great battery life?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

ronano wrote: »
    Right so I flat out hate lollypop, it's more than simply because of change but rather unintuitive change. Press twice to call someone, silent mode disappeared replaced by ineffective profile bs amongst other things. I was waiting for lollypop to sort my battery which was always 20 percent after a long day to not lasting a day for the last 2 months.

Brings me to my question, my phone isn't rooted (can do but rather not) but what rom would you suggest flashing that would give decent stable performance and a great battery life?

Exodus

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/orig-development/official-vaniraosp-t2890749

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NTC

gandalf wrote: »
    Currently running the One plus with Three but given their increase on the Sim only plans I am looking at changing to Meteor.

Has anyone had any issues with Meteor and the One plus at all?

Can I suggest 48. Only 10 a month. Can't go wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys my dads OPO stopped reading his sim card. I've tried mine in it as well and no joy. The phone can't even search for a network. Has anyone else experienced this before ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

ok i was going to root and wipe my phone but i notice that anytime i try to get into to fastboot mode it doesnt work.

i hit the the power button and volume up button and fastboot mode appears on the screen but nothing happens. it just sits there. if it hit the power off button for a secs it will go off and reboot normally. i have usb debugging on, its also lollipop via an ota. . ill try the advanced restart options aand see if it goes in that way.

the phone isnt unlocked , its not connected to the usb.

i was backing up my phone with bacon root kit but all the fastboot stuff failed because it hung on the fastboot screen.

i am not wiping it ill i figure this out, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

irishgeo wrote: »
    ok i was going to root and wipe my phone but i notice that anytime i try to get into to fastboot mode it doesnt work.

i hit the the power button and volume up button and fastboot mode appears on the screen but nothing happens. it just sits there. if it hit the power off button for a secs it will go off and reboot normally. i have usb debugging on, its also lollipop via an ota. . ill try the advanced restart options aand see if it goes in that way.

the phone isnt unlocked , its not connected to the usb.

i was backing up my phone with bacon root kit but all the fastboot stuff failed because it hung on the fastboot screen.

i am not wiping it ill i figure this out, any ideas?

Ha, I just had this issue while trying to root after installing the OTA update last week!
    I just tried it again after nothing happened. Fastboot mode was all that was on the screen. I ran the rayglobe batch file to flash TWRP and after it confirmed it was successful, another couple of minuted passed before it moved on. Was able to root with no issues and no loss of data.

kellsred wrote: »
    Ha, I just had this issue while trying to root after installing the OTA update last week!
    I just tried it again after nothing happened. Fastboot mode was all that was on the screen. I ran the rayglobe batch file to flash TWRP and after it confirmed it was successful, another couple of minuted passed before it moved on. Was able to root with no issues and no loss of data.

if i enable the restart options i can get into recovery just fine but not fastboot.

you got a link to that file?

anyway i am too tired now to bother to try anything else tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone here on Three (3) have any issues connecting to 4G/H/data? I normally use wifi but use data the odd time, regularly I try use data but theres no signal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Just cancelled my order due to the amount of complaints here and on reddit. Think I will wait till things are ironed out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

jay-me wrote: »
    Just cancelled my order due to the amount of complaints here and on reddit. Think I will wait till things are ironed out.

As someone else said. Its a vocal minority. I've had my phone 10 months now and have had almost no issued at all. The only gripes I have are lollipop issues which are not bothering me whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

irishmover wrote: »
    As someone else said. Its a vocal minority. I've had my phone 10 months now and have had almost no issued at all. The only gripes I have are lollipop issues which are not bothering me whatsoever.

Aye but even so 367 for the phone 25 for case from amazon 10 for screen cover @ amazon seems I am better off getting a s5 at that rate anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Anyone here on Three (3) have any issues connecting to 4G/H/data? I normally use wifi but use data the odd time, regularly I try use data but theres no signal?

Im with three - for now… :rolleyes:
    I've no issues what so ever with this phone. I bought two. One for the missus and one for myself. She is with telco (no issues either).

No prob with swapping from wifi to data and vice versa.
    From what I can see a lot of people that rooted seem to have the issues..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Aye but even so 367 for the phone 25 for case from amazon 10 for screen cover @ amazon seems I am better off getting a s5 at that rate anyway.

How much is an unlocked s5?

The Oneplus One is a great device and has not let me down since I got it(not long after release).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Right, I went at the phone last night to unlock and flash Exodus but I'm failing to fastboot flash TWRP from ADB. It goes through the motions but every time I reboot too recovery the Cyanogen recovery is still there. Now I managed to get Exodus installed by booting to TWRP recovery from fastboot, but I'm unable to update this Rom to the latest version without using fastboot boot method. Anyone any ideas? Is there a better recovery? I've always used Clockwork Mod Recovery before now on any android devices, is that available for this? Anyone run into this issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

Right, I went at the phone last night to unlock and flash Exodus but I'm failing to fastboot flash TWRP from ADB. It goes through the motions but every time I reboot too recovery the Cyanogen recovery is still there. Now I managed to get Exodus installed by booting to TWRP recovery from fastboot, but I'm unable to update this Rom to the latest version without using fastboot boot method. Anyone any ideas? Is there a better recovery? I've always used Clockwork Mod Recovery before now on any android devices, is that available for this? Anyone run into this issue?

I was having similar problems so instead of normal rebooting after flashing the recovery, I held down Volume Down and power button when rebooting to bring me straight to recovery and Twrp was there and worked fine. It now boots to Twrp every time. Did you uncheck update recovery in developer setting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Trying to connect to a Kitsound Bluetooth speaker and it says it can't connect because of incorrect oin/pass code. I see no option anywhere to enter one.

breeno wrote: »
    I was having similar problems so instead of normal rebooting after flashing the recovery, I held down Volume Down and power button when rebooting to bring me straight to recovery and Twrp was there and worked fine. It now boots to Twrp every time. Did you uncheck update recovery in developer setting?

Yes, it's unticked. Gonna have another go in an hour or two when I have time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

having used both the S5 is no better.

its inherent with all technology that somethings may be a tad buggy.

• Advertisement

breeno wrote: »

Right, got this sorted. The fix is to not let it boot to Cyanogen even though I have update recovery disabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

Yes, it's unticked. Gonna have another go in an hour or two when I have time

Hrrm. That's strange. I would start the process over again and after the recovery flash, reboot straight to recovery(by typing fastboot reboot instead of reboot recovery) and then doing the manual volume down method.

It took me a bit of messing around to find this method unfortunately. Can be a pain when. Something just doesn't bloody work like that.

breeno wrote:
    It took me a bit of messing around to find this method unfortunately. Can be a pain when. Something just doesn't bloody work like that.

Sorted, see my last post

Sorted, see my last post

What do you make of the rom? Strangely it's missing a camera and calculator app. I installed the cm11 camera and 'Calcu' from the play store. Google camera is available from the play store too.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    What do you make of the rom? Strangely it's missing a camera and calculator app. I installed the cm11 camera and 'Calcu' from the play store. Google camera is available from the play store too.

Love the Rom, my main reason for flashing from stock was to change the DPI. 480DPI on stock is ridiculously big, but 340 in this Rom is too small so I've edited the build.prop file to 380 which I find better. I've always used real calc as it does percentages which I use for working out vat. I'll be installing the ColourOs Oppo camera as that's what I was using on stock

Love the Rom, my main reason for flashing from stock was to change the DPI. 480DPI on stock is ridiculously big, but 340 in this Rom is too small so I've edited the build.prop file to 380 which I find better. I've always used real calc as it does percentages which I use for working out vat. I'll be installing the ColourOs Oppo camera as that's what I was using on stock

Actually thanks for the reminder I've been meaning to look into ColourOS camera and haven't got around to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Actually thanks for the reminder I've been meaning to look into ColourOS camera and haven't got around to it.

Do you need to root to do that? I'm finding the focus on the camera problematic

Do you need to root to do that? I'm finding the focus on the camera problematic

No, you can install it as apk and then install all the plugins as single apks

http://oneplus.wonderhowto.com/how-to/install-coloross-camera-your-oneplus-one-for-improved-photos-all-around-0160459/

one rooted one plue one now with exodus.

any good themes for it.

any good themes for it.

I'm using this because I need a theme with white background to the quick settings and color icons so I can see it in the van in direct sunlight
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nguyenna.flymeuilite

I'm loving Exodus, really nice and not too different to Cyanogen, just a few extra options

Just regards the dpi by the way, you can set a custom value from the rom controls, should be top of the list, no editing build prop.

• Advertisement

Just regards the dpi by the way, you can set a custom value from the rom controls, should be top of the list, no editing build prop.

Never spotted the custom option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Can anyone confirm that this phone will receive 4g on emobile network? Ive seen some conflicting answers online so far. Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Can anyone confirm that this phone will receive 4g on emobile network? Ive seen some conflicting answers online so far. Cheers. :)

Hi I'm with eMobile,

In Dublin and Galway I can get LTE which is 4g,

In Athlone where I currently live I get H+ which is 3.5g, still fast enough to stream 1080p youtube videos so Id say go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Hi I'm with eMobile,

In Dublin and Galway I can get LTE which is 4g,

In Athlone where I currently live I get H+ which is 3.5g, still fast enough to stream 1080p youtube videos so Id say go for it!

Thats great. Thanks for the reaponse. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

any good themes for it.

Do you have a link for a guide to do this on a stock OPO with Lollipop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Anybody switch from CM12 to Oxygen and notice any difference, main gripe is the touchscreen issue for me and the main reason to switch to something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

I'm on CM 12.0 rooted with TWRP. Can I install Exodus and retain all the apps etc or do I need to do a full wipe of the phone before installing Exodus and if so is Titanium the only/best option for backing up the apps and app data so I can restore them to the phone rather than having to re-download them all again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Anybody switch from CM12 to Oxygen and notice any difference, main gripe is the touchscreen issue for me and the main reason to switch to something else.

I've read the touchscreen issues are hardware not software so you probably have the same problems on the other OS

I also read that one plus are making a new hardware driver for the screen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

god's toy wrote: »
    I've read the touchscreen issues are hardware not software so you probably have the same problems on the other OS

My screen was somewhat slower on CM11 tbh, When installed lollipop it zipped right up. very happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

god's toy wrote: »

Kinda strange that it would be hardware when it was working fine up until I switched over, when it spazzes out can reboot to get it working ok again obviously until the next time.

• Advertisement

I'm on CM 12.0 rooted with TWRP. Can I install Exodus and retain all the apps etc or do I need to do a full wipe of the phone before installing Exodus and if so is Titanium the only/best option for backing up the apps and app data so I can restore them to the phone rather than having to re-download them all again?

Read the last few pages of that thread, one of the posts mentions wiping everything but internal storage(advanced wipe in twrp allows you to select what to wipe) you'll keep all your data that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Mayo jonny

this new update sucks, it deleted the torch app and an email account, would love to roll back, hate the new layout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

My official clear case arrived today, swapped out my existing one (a soft gel cover) - phone less bulky as a result, though I'm now a little worried as it definitely feels somwhat 'slippier'.

Will print out an insert for the back of the phone sometime soon to liven it up a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

hey there , i got my OPO 3 weeks ago , absolutely love it and no real complaints as i never experienced life before the update ,

on facebook today when suddenly the screen froze, message came up saying Facebook has stopped and do you want to close, to which I said yes. Then phone just turned off. Has been dead ever since. Won't respond to power button or being hooked up to charger. Battery was 70% so it's not that, and won't respond to charger.

Anyone have this problem? Or is it faulty and need to have it replaced?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=165558#c20

Girlfriend is having this issue on her OPO.
    Anyone else? Phone barely takes a charge it's that bad.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

OnePlus customer service is absolutely crap.

Opened a support case for the well documented touch screen issues. They emailed back asking for a video or a screencast.

Sent them a screencast and now they've come back and said they want a video, not a screencast.

Don't understand all the hoops they want me to jump through, the issue is well documented.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Cynicaldoubt

Hmm.. The amount of issues with this phone seems unnaturally high, seriously debating whether I should take the plunge now.

It just seems so tempting at that price..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

What screen on time is everyone getting on their phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Where can i order one of these phones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Where can i order one of these phones?

The company website...

Advertisement