Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Anyone using xposed? I'm thinking about flashing it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Think my battery might be goosed. It hadn't been working great for a long while, max 3-4 hrs screen on time and for months when it gets to 97% charging it takes a long time for it to get from 97% to 100% (don't ask me why). Recently over a few days things went downhill and it would only charge to about 20% and then wouldn't charge at all. Got a new charger (which may not be great) which worked ok for about 2 weeks, but never really getting a proper full charge and that has stopped charging it now too. It was charging for 3 hours yesterday and only got to about 30%, and then that got me about 45 mins screen on time. That was the last time that charger worked. I tried a friend's charger earlier and that only got it up to 6% in about 2 hours. Again, that probably isn't a great charger but it works for his phone.

Is there anything I can do or is it a lost cause? I tried a factory reset about a week ago and that didn't change things. All else fails, will they fix it for me if i send it back (I bought it on eglobalcentral) and would it cost much?

Any help greatly appreciated as always!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Where can i order one of these phones?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=oneplus+one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Kinda strange that it would be hardware when it was working fine up until I switched over, when it spazzes out can reboot to get it working ok again obviously until the next time.

Yep it's lollipop thing, the hardware screen drivers in the device now were wrote/optimised for Kitkat and on both OS's they are having the same problems after the move.. soo sort answer is they are making new ones.

Mayo jonny wrote: »
    this new update sucks, it deleted the torch app and an email account, would love to roll back, hate the new layout

The torch is still there, it's just part of the OS now and not a stand alone app. you can get it on the drop/pull down menu, if it's not there you can add and/or use the V gesture, it's now called Flashlight BTW.

The new layout is Lollipop's default from Google, cant say I love what they have done with the OS but using Nova has helped change some things to more my liking. Adding a black background to app trays is a huge improvement for me right there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

Is there a car mode in lollipop?
    Looking to keep the screen on and unlocked while plugged in and driving.

Only issue I have had with the phone was smashing the screen and that was self inflicted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭SteM

There is not but there is the Trusted Agents setting.

If you have Bluetooth in the car you can set it as a trusted agent on your phone which means that if your phone is connected to this Bluetooth device it remains unlocked. You can set any Bluetooth device or Wi-Fi account that you can connect to to be a trusted agent.

Edit: The setting is in the Lock Screen section of the settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep it's lollipop thing, the hardware screen drivers in the device now were wrote/optimised for Kitkat and on both OS's they are having the same problems after the move.. soo sort answer is they are making new ones.

surely then that would indicate everyone is having an issue, I had no issue i did the manual update when it came out as i was tired of waiting for OTA.

The screen was far zippier than before and i had no issues with touch or anything else. I then did the OTA update yesterday as it asked me to. And still no issues at all.

SteM wrote: »
    There is not but there is the Trusted Agents setting.

If you have Bluetooth in the car you can set it as a trusted agent on your phone which means that if your phone is connected to this Bluetooth device it remains unlocked. You can set any Bluetooth device or Wi-Fi account that you can connect to to be a trusted agent.

Edit: The setting is in the Lock Screen section of the settings.

Cheers done that.
    No way of keeping the screen on though

gar wrote: »
    Cheers done that.
    No way of keeping the screen on though

You can use an app like this to create a profile that changes the timeout to never when you are connected to a certain Bluetooth, then make a second that changes it call to 30 seconds when you disconnect. You'll find lots of similar pre made profiles in the app already
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=AutomateIt.mainPackage

• Advertisement

You can use an app like this to create a profile that changes the timeout to never when you are connected to a certain Bluetooth, then make a second that changes it call to 30 seconds when you disconnect. You'll find lots of similar pre made profiles in the app already
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=AutomateIt.mainPackage

Cheers as soon as I read it I forgot I could use llama (prefer it to automate it)

Also on llama there seems to be a bug they know about with lollipop that it cant change a profile from quite to normal.

But I have found if you select silence and the select normal in the llama events it works. just an fyi if anyone else is having that issue

Gar

listermint wrote: »
    surely then that would indicate everyone is having an issue, I had no issue i did the manual update when it came out as i was tired of waiting for OTA.

The screen was far zippier than before and i had no issues with touch or anything else. I then did the OTA update yesterday as it asked me to. And still no issues at all.

Yep you would think but the last two times they made a driver update for the screen I didn't have the problems others had... It looks that only some peeps have errors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭dubmess

Not strictly a Oneplus question but... Knowledgeable folk on here...

I just came back from the UK and my phone keeps switching to a random network. I'm with Three, (3IRL) but it keeps switching to another network (3), and I'm constantly roaming and without data.

Any idea what's happening? Apologies if you can't see the image, posting from phone (on wifi)
    yzX3LWY.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

Had the same issue yesterday after "roaming" down the country as the 3 network is pretty crap in rural areas.

Select 3 IRL and it should resolve your problem.

Edit: When I was "roaming" (i.e. no on 3 IRL) I had to enable "data roaming" to be able to use data via the other networks.

blobbie wrote: »
    Had the same issue yesterday after "roaming" down the country as the 3 network is pretty crap in rural areas.

Select 3 IRL and it should resolve your problem.

Have done that but it keeps switching back to the other network. Have rebooted multiple times as well. Did it before dinner and now I'm back on the other network again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

dubmess wrote: »
    Have done that but it keeps switching back to the other network. Have rebooted multiple times as well. Did it before dinner and now I'm back on the other network again.

Is LTE on/off ?

It may be disabled - if so, 3 IRL won't show as an available network.

When you select "3 IRL" you should get a "registered on network" message for a second or 2

blobbie wrote: »
    Is LTE on/off ?

It may be disabled - if so, 3 IRL won't show as an available network.

When you select "3 IRL" you should get a "registered on network" message for a second or 2

LTE is on, and I can see all networks. It registers with 3IRL, gives me the confirmation, then if I check my phone about an hour later I see I've switched to the other network again and am roaming with no data.

I'll keep monitoring it over the next few days and see what happens. Cheers for the help anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Anyone started to get screen distortions/artifacts since updating to lollipop? I seem to be mostly getting them when using Chrome but I've noticed them when unlocking the screen as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

dubmess wrote: »
    LTE is on, and I can see all networks. It registers with 3IRL, gives me the confirmation, then if I check my phone about an hour later I see I've switched to the other network again and am roaming with no data.

I'll keep monitoring it over the next few days and see what happens. Cheers for the help anyway.

dubmess - it's a well known problem with 3. It's something to do with the way their network is configured, I had it on several phones but it was way worse with some....check out the "talk to" forum, there are loads of threads on it. Unfortunately, three pretty much ignore it, the only solution I found was to move network (to emobile) and the phone works perfectly.

I had this issue on 2 samsungs, a nexus 4 and I think a sony a few years back, so it isn't anything to do with the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Anyone started to get screen distortions/artifacts since updating to lollipop? I seem to be mostly getting them when using Chrome but I've noticed them when unlocking the screen as well.

Yes - when I change the sound profile to "priority" ti gets a little funky looking....

• Advertisement

I installed Xposed on Exodus, it's opened a whole new world. I've not have any issues with it. Not all the modules are compatible with Lollipop so I'm only installing the ones I've confirmations are working well, Amplify, Gravity box, xhangouts, YouTube adblock, boot manager, Swype tweaks. Exodus has built in Rom control options to set SElinux back to persistent after every boot which is needed for Xposed on Lollipop. Details in this thread
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-xposed-framework-for-lollipop-alpha.276212/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭willabur

Hey Guys,

Thinking of ordering this phone, Is it compatible with all LTE/4G networks in Ireland? If not which ones is it compatible with?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭up4dabah

willabur wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Thinking of ordering this phone, Is it compatible with all LTE/4G networks in Ireland? If not which ones is it compatible with?
    Meteor and 3 I think. I'm on 3 with mine. I'd hold off buying this phone because there could be major hardware issues with it. Follow what's going on at the oneplus forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

willabur wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

Should be a sticky at this point.

It's on 3 everywhere, and VF in parts of Dublin.

no idea about the others.

Yep you would think but the last two times they made a driver update for the screen I didn't have the problems others had... It looks that only some peeps have errors.
    I went on the oneplus forum to see if anyone was having problems after the last update and I was a bit shocked to be honest. My typing wasnt great since the update. However I turned off all gestures as I don't use them anyway. Also turned off adaptive backlight. The main thing for he was turning off the vibration on the keypad which I don't like anyway. Don't seem to be having problems now but I am worried about the future with this phone.

up4dabah wrote: »
    I went on the oneplus forum to see if anyone was having problems after the last update and I was a bit shocked to be honest. My typing wasnt great since the update. However I turned off all gestures as I don't use them anyway. Also turned off adaptive backlight. The main thing for he was turning off the vibration on the keypad which I don't like anyway. Don't seem to be having problems now but I am worried about the future with this phone.

Yep has me thinking too... Having said that. I have ordered 5 one plus phones (besides my own) for people and none have come back to me (yet) with screen problems.
    Will look around for sure before jumping on the one plus two.

Yep has me thinking too... Having said that. I have ordered 5 one plus phones (besides my own) for people and none have come back to me (yet) with screen problems.
    Will look around for sure before jumping on the one plus two.

I ordered one for my sis. Arrived yesterday. Kinda pissed I recommended it to her now if this is a major hardware issue. And if its a case of oneplus using glue instead of tape then its even more shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,631 ✭✭✭willabur

whoah - thanks boards. Just read through that epic thread on their own website. I will give this model a pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It's fairly common for people will complain about problems with things than sing their praises.

To help provide balance, my experience with this phone has been great. I've had issues with a lot of big brand phones in the past but my OPO has been a lot more stable than them.

• Advertisement

Likewise, this has been the best phone experience I've ever had, having had a couple of high end Samsungs, a HTC and a Nexus 4 and 5. People only post bad stuff, the people without problems enjoy their phone and don't post so you only see problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

Just wondering if anyone experiencing this problem? Only started tonight. When typing, for no apparent reason, screen magnifies. Orange outline appears around screen. Very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Jomcc wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone experiencing this problem? Only started tonight. When typing, for no apparent reason, screen magnifies. Orange outline appears around screen. Very strange.

Sounds like you've turned on triple tap to zoom. Can't remember where it is in the settings though.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jomcc

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Sounds like you've turned on triple tap to zoom. Can't remember where it is in the settings though.

That appears to be it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭adr_sullivan

long story here but hopefully someone can help

I had my phone rooted with cm12 using bacon. after the update to cm12 I lost my root access
    using bacon I got my root access back again on cm12
    when I was restoring the apps via titanium I got an error so decided to do a factory reset
    this is where all my problems start - after the factory reset the phone refuses to reboot. it hangs on the One Plus Android screen. Just in case I was not waiting long enough I left it overnight on this screen but still no joy. using bacon again I managed to roll back to cm11 but
    • I still cannot do a factory reset
    • I cannot get into recovery mode
    • I cannot root the phone via bacon as part of the unlock process seems to be a restart and going through recovery mode
    I can do a normal reboot of the phone ok.

Every morning I get a message that an update is available (cm12) but I if I try and install the update, everything hangs at the One plus Android screen after the reboot. I then need to rollback to cm11 with bacon to get the phone operational again. I use the softbricked method and it loads into the fastboot menu.

knowing first hand how slow the One plus help team are I am not certain what to do? should I
    • just learn to deal with an unrooted phone on cm11
    • send it back to One Plus and tell them that the update wont install, and hope that they don't do too much digging to see the messing about with the phone that I have done
    anyway as I said long story so any advice greatly appreciated.

thanks,

ps, not that it is related to the story above but I have a nice big crack in the screen so if I send it back will One plus just return it without even looking at it and say you broke it not our problem...

Phone seems to unlock in my pocket far more than it used to on lollipop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

ps, not that it is related to the story above but I have a nice big crack in the screen so if I send it back will One plus just return it without even looking at it and say you broke it not our problem...

Sorry to hear of your issue. I've been down similar roads with flashing ROM's in the past and there's usually a solution to be found and usually someone who will point you in the right direction. Be patient.

BTW, aren't you going to have to get the screen fixed? If so why not pop it back to OPO for a screen fix. They might reflash the latest OS as part of their standard repair procedure and you'd kill two birds with one bill so to speak. Perhaps someone who's had a cracked screen fixed by OPO will confirm if they wipe and flash the latest OS as part of their standard repair process?

I had my phone rooted with cm12 using bacon. after the update to cm12 I lost my root access
    when I was restoring the apps via titanium I got an error so decided to do a factory reset
    this is where all my problems start - after the factory reset the phone refuses to reboot. it hangs on the One Plus Android screen. Just in case I was not waiting long enough I left it overnight on this screen but still no joy. using bacon again I managed to roll back to cm11 but
    • I cannot root the phone via bacon as part of the unlock process seems to be a restart and going through recovery mode

Every morning I get a message that an update is available (cm12) but I if I try and install the update, everything hangs at the One plus Android screen after the reboot. I then need to rollback to cm11 with bacon to get the phone operational again. I use the softbricked method and it loads into the fastboot menu.

knowing first hand how slow the One plus help team are I am not certain what to do? should I
    • send it back to One Plus and tell them that the update wont install, and hope that they don't do too much digging to see the messing about with the phone that I have done

thanks,

Did you try use adb to use fastboot to boot to recovery. you'll also be able to re-flash TWRP recovery and flash a new Rom from there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭jay-me

Well I recieved the phone despite cancelling it through oneplus one and dhl. OPO sent it despite me asking to cancel before they shipped and DHL sent it to my neighbour desoite me saying I wanted to refuse delivery..... So I have a 64gb sandstone in the unopened DHL bag if someone wants to buy it for what I paid including shipping! I won't take less but if someone wants it they won't have to wait for shipping! Otherwise I will send it back to OPO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

jay-me wrote: »
    Well I recieved the phone despite cancelling it through oneplus one and dhl. OPO sent it despite me asking to cancel before they shipped and DHL sent it to my neighbour desoite me saying I wanted to refuse delivery..... So I have a 64gb sandstone in the unopened DHL bag if someone wants to buy it for what I paid including shipping! I won't take less but if someone wants it they won't have to wait for shipping! Otherwise I will send it back to OPO.

Buyers remorse?

Buyers remorse?

I'll say! Plus got an Iphone 5s.

• Advertisement

thanks,

Got to post 8 from here
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/guides-bacon-timmaaas-how-to-guides-t2839471

and use
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/mirrors-for-official-cyanogen-roms-ota-updates.141825/
    for your fastboot images

hope it helps. Did it this way before when i went tinkering and borked the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I'll say! Plus got an Iphone 5s.

How much did you pay for the 5s out of curiosity? Buy it on adverts or from a network?

I was thinking of getting one before I got the OPO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

How much did you pay for the 5s out of curiosity? Buy it on adverts or from a network?

I was thinking of getting one before I got the OPO.

From someone that has both - i can't understand how you could choose a 5S over the OPO. I know it's horses for courses etc.....

gar wrote: »
    Got to post 8 from here
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/general/guides-bacon-timmaaas-how-to-guides-t2839471

and use
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/mirrors-for-official-cyanogen-roms-ota-updates.141825/
    for your fastboot images

hope it helps. Did it this way before when i went tinkering and borked the phone

Ok latest update. the guide above is great so thaks for that. i still have a problem though. my bootloader is locked. when i try and unlock the boot loader, it starts to reboot the phone and this then causes it to hang.
    so back to square one.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

Ok latest update. the guide above is great so thaks for that. i still have a problem though. my bootloader is locked. when i try and unlock the boot loader, it starts to reboot the phone and this then causes it to hang.
    so back to square one.

Did you try this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/development/oneplus-one-toolkit-manudroid19-gui-t2807418

Metalpanic wrote: »

tried that as well. still no joy.

it should wipe everything but still no rebot and still keeping all my data

got the 5s as a present. prefer android in general. I have a cubot x6 and love it for dual sim etc but literaly cracked screen last night so have to use the 5s.

Well that was short lived.. Realised I can't live without my android apps so I am going to keep the OPO :p Pity about the lack of dual sim but seriously it's only now that I am literally forced into recreating my poor broken cubot that I realise the functionality I would have to do without.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Smashed my screen this morning, woe is me :(

Has anyone attempted to replace the screen themselves? Easy/avoid?

maximoose wrote: »
    Smashed my screen this morning, woe is me :(

Has anyone attempted to replace the screen themselves? Easy/avoid?

Thought about it but seemed like more hassle. Mixed reviews about quality of parts and time for it to arrive turned me off it. Took the hit and got an rma. Ended up sending me out a new phone.

Touch screen still working? Mine was comepletely gone. Had to use an otg cable to get back ups done

• Advertisement
Advertisement