Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Nah touchscreen completely gone too, don't think I have too much I really need backed up though.

How long did it take to get the new phone, and how much did it cost you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

maximoose wrote: »
    Nah touchscreen completely gone too, don't think I have too much I really need backed up though.

How long did it take to get the new phone, and how much did it cost you?

One I got the rma number about 10 days. Cost was e140 I think. Cheapest I could find a screen for was about e80 plus up to a month for delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

Hi,

I bought a cogito classic smart watch today. Guess what? The app is not compatible with the one plus. Doesn't really matter because I can't get the watch to turn on either. Shame. Good looking watch. Back to Harvey Norman I go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I flashed the latest CM12.1 nightlies with the new touchscreen drivers and the double tap to wake etc.. work flawlessly. After the update to lollipop it would take one or two tries before it would register.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I flashed the latest CM12.1 nightlies with the new touchscreen drivers and the double tap to wake etc.. work flawlessly. After the update to lollipop it would take one or two tries before it would register.

any idea how long we will be waiting for an ota update? ever since i updated to cm12 my touch screen goes bonkers randomly :confused: really annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

my phone wont remenber my bluetooth connection to my parrot car kit. I have to repair everytime. exdous rom.

any idea how long we will be waiting for an ota update? ever since i updated to cm12 my touch screen goes bonkers randomly :confused: really annoying!

I have no idea, google now told me about the drivers yesterday and I was already on a cm12.1 nightlie so I just updated to latest version and touch screen is back the way it was before lollipop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Is that 12.0-YNG1TAS17L? Android V5.0.2?

• Advertisement

Is that 12.0-YNG1TAS17L? Android V5.0.2?

No, 12.1-29159516-NIGHTLY-bacon. Android 5.1.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

No, 12.1-29159516-NIGHTLY-bacon. Android 5.1.1

In on the version I returned to which i manually installed. I'm rooted with TWRP. Do you know if I can install the version you have on top of my version or do I have to do a full wipe etc?

In on the version I returned to which i manually installed. I'm rooted with TWRP. Do you know if I can install the version you have on top of my version or do I have to do a full wipe etc?

Full wipe I'd say to be sure of no problems as it is a new version 5.1.1

You will need to download the nightly version and gapps the correct one (one to go with 5.1.1) But once you install it all new versions(everyday, you don't have to install each new version) download through the phone OTA but you have to manually press download.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kmcattack

Hey guys, I have a strange issue that over the weekend out of nowhere my One refused to charge. I tried numerous cables and they all had the same result, the battery light would flicker for a second and then the battery indicator on the top right of the screen would indicate that it was charging but the percentage would never actually move. Oddly enough, the percentage doesn't really decrease either when charging but before long my phone will be completely unusable as I can't keep the thing permanently charged! I am now at 5% battery and have been battling with this since Friday.

I have contacted support but have not heard anything back yet and don't have high hopes. Does anyone have any suggestions? My phone is soon going to be completely dead. I've seen a couple of people in the forums with similar issues but noone seemed to have a resolution, is it worth a factory reset?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

I have poor connection to 3G since I updated anyone have similar problem? I have full signal then just randomly drops out and comes back again. Is there any fixes or any help?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Mr Velo wrote: »
    From someone that has both - i can't understand how you could choose a 5S over the OPO. I know it's horses for courses etc.....

I didn't I bought the OPO as I said in my post.

Probably because Android is a ****e OS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

Sorry if this has been asked before. When I recieve a call/text all I get is the number and not the name even though I have imported my contacts. Anyone had this problem or find a way around it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Using a Huawei Ascend Y330 while I get my OPO screen repaired, christ this small screen is killing me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

wawaman wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before. When I recieve a call/text all I get is the number and not the name even though I have imported my contacts. Anyone had this problem or find a way around it?

If you know the contact the txt is from but its showing up as just a number (formatted +353 I reckon), go the contact and change the number from 08x to +3538x.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

JonnyM wrote: »
    I have poor connection to 3G since I updated anyone have similar problem? I have full signal then just randomly drops out and comes back again. Is there any fixes or any help?

Thanks

I've had similar issues, signal will show full with H+ or H/3g and the data connection will not work. Turn flight mode on and off and it works again. Very frustrating.

Does anyone have any solution for this? I'm on 5.0.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Full wipe I'd say to be sure of no problems as it is a new version 5.1.1

You will need to download the nightly version and gapps the correct one (one to go with 5.1.1) But once you install it all new versions(everyday, you don't have to install each new version) download through the phone OTA but you have to manually press download.

Have u a link to the correct gapps for the 5.1.1 nightly?
    I have unlocked bootloader, rooted and have twrp installed. I have the link for the latest nightly but unsure where to get correct gapps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

The latest nightly that fixes the touchscreen issues has been pulled as there is serious battery drain
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/05/18/cyanogenmod-forced-to-pull-oneplus-ones-touchscreen-fix/

The latest nightly that fixes the touchscreen issues has been pulled as there is serious battery drain
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/05/18/cyanogenmod-forced-to-pull-oneplus-ones-touchscreen-fix/

I have had no battery drain and I'm on the nightly version 16/05/15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

wawaman wrote: »

The contacts app is yet another thing which is quite sh1t on this phone. I have the opposite to you in that I have 5000 contacts from my email account which I cannot filter out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Cynicaldoubt

New OPO owner here.. My phone is running Cyanogen, so what should be my first stop in learning to customize the device? If anyone has any tips for using it feel free to share.

It's running great so far, very happy with it.

Can anyone recommend a longer and reliable USB cable which will work with the standard 2a charger at the same speed?

The contacts app is yet another thing which is quite sh1t on this phone. I have the opposite to you in that I have 5000 contacts from my email account which I cannot filter out.

That's lollipop, there's no longer an option to only show contacts with phone numbers. There are plenty on the market if you look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Can anyone recommend a longer and reliable USB cable which will work with the standard 2a charger at the same speed?

BlackBerry playbook charger from Amazon. Buy two or three of them for a tenner.

I was looking but they seem to be £6.73 each now - anywhere cheaper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I was looking but they seem to be £6.73 each now - anywhere cheaper?

EBay, I imagine. I dunno how many you want or whether you need all the interchangeable connections but I'd still pay that price for one. At the end of the day, you're splitting hairs over a few quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

+1 for these..
    I bought 2 last month and they charge the phone really quickly.
    Good and solid chargers too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

maximoose wrote: »
    Smashed my screen this morning, woe is me :(

Has anyone attempted to replace the screen themselves? Easy/avoid?

Changed my screen,.. ... Twice for my sins.

First i slipped in Astro boots on a painted garage floor. It was wet at the time. Phone got body slammed.

Second 2 months later flipped it onto a porcelain plate. Porcelain and smartphones do not mix.

It is easy to change the screen takes about 30 minutes and it is not difficult to do.

I bought screens from same source

http://vifocal.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=sku30167

Zero! issues.

Certainly would not be giving someone 140 Euro to change it. no thanks.

Hi,

I bought a cogito classic smart watch today. Guess what? The app is not compatible with the one plus. Doesn't really matter because I can't get the watch to turn on either. Shame. Good looking watch. Back to Harvey Norman I go.
    Watch I initially got had been opened before I bought it and turned on. The replacement Cogito classic I got turned on but I had to get in contact with cogito who emailed me the beta apk for the phone app. I also had to go to the phones own Bluetooth menu as oppose to the setting in the app to connect the phone and watch together. Everything works perfect now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Finally got around to rooting my OPO today.
    I have flashed 0518 nightly.

Anyone recommend some decent apps for root?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

iggy wrote: »
    Finally got around to rooting my OPO today.
    I have flashed 0518 nightly.

Anyone recommend some decent apps for root?
    adaway.

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the lock screen wallpaper?

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the lock screen wallpaper?

Yes, you set it in themes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Anyone having touch screen issues?

Only started happening me the other day. When I'm using Whatsapp or Facebook messenger on swipe keyboard, random keys will press even though my thumbs are no where near them. Very annoying when it takes 5 minutes to write a 5 word message! Also, sometimes when I'm drawing the unlock pattern, it won't register certain points and takes a few tries to get the design drawn. Also happens sometimes when I'm trying to swipe to close open apps. Any ideas?

Duff wrote: »
    Anyone having touch screen issues?

Only started happening me the other day. When I'm using Whatsapp or Facebook messenger on swipe keyboard, random keys will press even though my thumbs are no where near them. Very annoying when it takes 5 minutes to write a 5 word message! Also, sometimes when I'm drawing the unlock pattern, it won't register certain points and takes a few tries to get the design drawn. Also happens sometimes when I'm trying to swipe to close open apps. Any ideas?

It's a known issue, cyanogen had a fix released but had to pull it because of battery drain but expect a proper fix soon

There's a one click toolkit released for the OnePlus One, looks good, will be a great help to some. does lots of stuff, unlock, flash ROMS, backup, apply root, backup EFS etc.
    http://www.oneplushub.net/2015/02/toolkitgui-oneplus-one-toolkit-by.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I'm on Oxygen OS and have a bit of a major issue which I've seen some people report but no solutions.

When I receive a call and it's not answered, as in a missed call, it is logged as a call received not missed. When I check the log there is a green arrow as if I answered it?

There is no notification so I'm not phoning people back as I don't realise they've phoned me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Got my phone yesterday ( having fun customizing ) but can't get 4g. Lte appeared once or twice and vanished and I know it's in the area but there isn't another 4g phone available at the moment to test my sim.

Don't want to go to the 3 store if i can help it!

Also can anyone recommend an easy app to move my texts from my old note 2 ( I loved this phone so the one plus one has a lot to live up to! :) So far so good.

Has anyone heard the rooster alarm tone - flippin hell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Grawns wrote: »

Also can anyone recommend an easy app to move my texts from my old note 2 ( I loved this phone so the one plus one has a lot to live up to! :) So far so good.

Has anyone heard the rooster alarm tone - flippin hell!
    ive used sms backup and restore a few times. Although last time for some reason it didn't work, I think I might have copied the wrong folder though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

jozi wrote: »
    ive used sms backup and restore a few times. Although last time for some reason it didn't work, I think I might have copied the wrong folder though.

Thanks and yeah tried that already, haven't figured out where to copy the xml file to exactly? Trial and error, I will get there..

In messages/ settingsthere is an option to "manage sim card messages" and some of my old messages are there but there is no option to import them.

There is another option in messages/settings to "import-export messages" but I cannot choose the source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

im having a lot of issues with the phone recently.

I have the ghost touch issues so sometimes i am unable to unlock the phone without rebooting. The phone also started rebooting itself at random points.

The sandstone on the back cover has also peeled away so now i am left with smooth black plastic spots on the back cover.

At this stage the phone is almost unusable due to the touchscreen issues. i recommended the phone to a lot of people when i first got it but i dont think that id recommend it anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

im having a lot of issues with the phone recently.

I have the ghost touch issues so sometimes i am unable to unlock the phone without rebooting. The phone also started rebooting itself at random points.

The sandstone on the back cover has also peeled away so now i am left with smooth black plastic spots on the back cover.

At this stage the phone is almost unusable due to the touchscreen issues. i recommended the phone to a lot of people when i first got it but i dont think that id recommend it anymore

How have you managed to peel it away ? are you working on sites etc? Its a tough enough back to manage to do that

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    How have you managed to peel it away ? are you working on sites etc? Its a tough enough back to manage to do that

I dont work on sites. I had the official back cover on it for a while and then removed it.

It developed an air bubble in the middle of the back cover. Eventually that tore. It looks like the backing is just glued in place.

After looking around online it seems it isnt too uncommon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Have the dreaded touchscreen issue. OnePlus won't help because I bought the phone second hand.

This is utterly the worst company I've dealt with. Avoid Avoid Avoid.

I'd agree. Just avoid them. I've had too many issues at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

I'd agree. Just avoid them. I've had too many issues at this stage

Brilliant phone don't get me wrong but this is the trade off for the price, I just have a paperweight now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I've had little to no issues with mine since I got it. No screen issues anyway.,that I know of.

• Advertisement
Advertisement