Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

At least they reference the heating issues in the link but my worry is they'll just throttle the chip to deal with the overheating (not a great solution if you want to use the phone for intensive tasks in the long term).
    Fingers crossed v2.1 of the 810 is a lot better than the previous versions.

Essentially everything I was just going to post.

A underclocked 810 would essentially be a 801 CPU and pushing up to 2k res will be taxing on CPU so could be bad news. Let's hope v2.1 sorts out the heat without sacrificing performance.

pedatron wrote: »
    Anybody using a pebble time with their OnePlus? Patiently waiting for mine to come in the post and it's actually killing me waiting for it! :/

Yep pebble time and oneplus. All good!

Only one more day to wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

I've used the original Pebble with the OPO yes. I presume you were a backer on Kickstarter since you're getting the Time so early?

Yeah I backed it in February. Feels like a lifetime ago. Also went standard post at the time like an idiot. Never again as I've seen loads of lads that went express post via DHL get them delivered from bloody Shannon! Mine is somewhere in Singapore! :(

Wait, what version of the 810 cpu is Sony using in the new flagship from them? The feedback is already bad about it overheating and its only been a few days on the market...
    Stores have posters up tell punters to restart it every few days for cooling reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep pebble time and oneplus. All good!

Only one more day to wait!

Jealous! Post how you get on and comments please! When it eventually goes on public release I plan on getting one paired to my OPO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

god's toy wrote: »
    Wait, what version of the 810 cpu is Sony using in the new flagship from them? The feedback is already bad about it overheating and its only been a few days on the market...
    Stores have posters up tell punters to restart it every few days for cooling reasons.

I'd doubt if the initial batches of the Z4 had v2.1 so I'd say it's running the older version.
    I dont know of anyphone out yet running the v2.1 chip.

Anyway, by the time any of us get an invite for the OP2 we'll have a clearer picture of how the new chip performs.

Metalpanic wrote: »
    Jealous! Post how you get on and comments please! When it eventually goes on public release I plan on getting one paired to my OPO.

So far so good. Some faces kill the battery quick while most are OK. Wished they would all have the same standard set of (minimum) features as sometimes the really good looking one hasent got that killer thing you want so bad while the more the boring one does.

Over all I'm happy, no complaints here as it is a watch first with always on screen and notification device second.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Seems heat related to me too - does anyone know of any fix which doesn't involve rooting or flashing a different ROM (I can't do this due to my job). I have turned off ambient display and double tap to wake, removed my case which seems to have stopped the phantom touches but typing a message can still be a nightmare, slow and laggy

Unfortunately I've tried everything and haven't come up with a way to fix typing. It just seems the phone design is defective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Any else get an update notification (YNG1TAS213)? - fix for touchscreen sensitivity and bluetooth issues.

My ONO has just started playing up in the past 3 or 4 days, touchscreen not responding to touch occasionally, especially the bottom half of the screen, so this may be the patch to fix the problem. There's another unofficial patch up on XDA-Developers to also address touch issues but I might stick with the official OTA.

Anyone know where the setting for custom CPU speeds is gone?

Not the simple profile setting for 'performance' but the one for setting the frequency speeds of the CPU cores.

Can't find it anywhere.

• Advertisement

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/yng1tas2i3-ota-released.316865/

New update from Cyanogen to remedy the touchscreen problems. Can't seem to get it to flash via TWRP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

anyone willing to try it out? Looks positive from the forum.

Mc Love wrote: »
    anyone willing to try it out? Looks positive from the forum.

Updating TWRP now and I'll try again, let you know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

This phone looks tempting, currently I have an Iphone 4 which is now obsolete and well it's not worth a damn with my pebble. I don't fancy lashing out €699 on a 16GB Iphone 6 so I would be interested to hear if anyone else has switched from IOS to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

The 20meg wont load for me, dont fancy the full 600 meg incase it wipes

http://builds.cyngn.com/fota/incremental/bacon/cm-bacon-e816218e8a-to-30bd462d41-signed.zip 20meg fix

safetyboy wrote: »
    The 20meg wont load for me, dont fancy the full 600 meg incase it wipes

http://builds.cyngn.com/fota/incremental/bacon/cm-bacon-e816218e8a-to-30bd462d41-signed.zip 20meg fix

Are you using CM recovery (stock) or TWRP to install it? I can't get TWRP to flash it at all. Boo!

patmac wrote: »
    This phone looks tempting, currently I have an Iphone 4 which is now obsolete and well it's not worth a damn with my pebble. I don't fancy lashing out €699 on a 16GB Iphone 6 so I would be interested to hear if anyone else has switched from IOS to this.

I went from an iPhone 5 to the OPO and I can't see how I will ever be tempted back to iOS. There is literally nothing I miss about my old iPhone. Hardware is fantastic, powerful, battery life is great (the odd software update has altered it but it has been fixed) and best selling point is price. I haven't looked back since getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

I went from an iPhone 5 to the OPO and I can't see how I will ever be tempted back to iOS. There is literally nothing I miss about my old iPhone. Hardware is fantastic, powerful, battery life is great (the odd software update has altered it but it has been fixed) and best selling point is price. I haven't looked back since getting it.

I sold an iphone 6 and bought this! Battery life also great for me. You get back what you put into this phone! No better value phone on the market still after almost a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Are you on CM12?

Are you on CM12?

At the moment yes, why? Haven't had any trouble with it other than slightly poor screen sensitivity over the last couple of weeks. I was on nightlies before that and found them very stable and sharp. I'll see what the new update does before deciding to go to 12.1 nightlies.

Edit! OK so updating TWRP using Flashify and flashing this zip http://builds.cyngn.com/cyanogen-os/bacon/12.0-YNG1TAS2I3-bacon/30bd462d41/cm-12.0-YNG1TAS2I3-bacon-signed.zip worked for me. It's certainly a big difference in terms of screen response, sensitivity and speed. Twitter and websites in chrome scroll much better!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Edit! OK so updating TWRP using Flashify and flashing this zip http://builds.cyngn.com/cyanogen-os/bacon/12.0-YNG1TAS2I3-bacon/30bd462d41/cm-12.0-YNG1TAS2I3-bacon-signed.zip worked for me. It's certainly a big difference in terms of screen response, sensitivity and speed. Twitter and websites in chrome scroll much better!

OK so I'm on 12.0-YNG1TAS17L and I've been offered the 12.0-YNG1TAS213 update but it won't install. All that happens is it reboots into TWRP.

Do I first of all need to update TWRP? I have TWRP 2.8.6.0 installed and in the "Install TWRP" menu within TWRP it is offering to install 2.8.6.0-bacon.img. Should I go ahead and install that version of TWRP and then try the update again?

Also, in developer options "Update Cyanogen recovery" is set to on. If I want to stick with TWRP as the recovery should I set "Update Cyanogen recovery" to off before installing the update? As I understand it if I leave "Update Cyanogen recovery" on and install the update it will remove the TWRP recovery and I'll have to re-root the device.

Appreciate your guidance on this.

BTW, my OPO is rooted and I do have Flashify installed so after updating TWRP I can always download the update ZIP file you linked to above and flash it using Flashify if necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Will that update come OTA do people think?

Will that update come OTA do people think?

I got it OTA but it won't install for me. All that happens when I try to install it is the phone boots into TWRP recovery.

MetalPanic manually installed http://builds.cyngn.com/cyanogen-os/bacon/12.0-YNG1TAS2I3-bacon/30bd462d41/cm-12.0-YNG1TAS2I3-bacon-signed.zip which I also went to do but the file is over 500mb so must be the full version of the OS rather than just the incremental 21.6mb update I'm being offered.

Before I download and update using the full 500mb OS I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm whether or not installing the full OS as opposed to the incremental will wipe my phone. I don't think it will but I'd prefer to know before I do it!!

Installed the update today via the TWRP. Did the 20mb incremental rather than the full.

Looks to massively improve the touchscreen, I've been having nightmare issues for months and so far it's been working great. Touch wood, cause I've only been updated for 30 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Will this patch be combined into the CM nightlies or other custom ROMs?
    Or do I have to go to the official f/w to get it?

Mine wont flash with twrp or custom recovery

awec wrote: »
    Installed the update today via the TWRP. Did the 20mb incremental rather than the full.

Looks to massively improve the touchscreen, I've been having nightmare issues for months and so far it's been working great. Touch wood, cause I've only been updated for 30 mins.

Tried to install just the update via TWRP and it failed several times.

Can't install the update via OTA or via TWRP :confused:

I got it OTA but it won't install for me. All that happens when I try to install it is the phone boots into TWRP recovery.

MetalPanic manually installed http://builds.cyngn.com/cyanogen-os/bacon/12.0-YNG1TAS2I3-bacon/30bd462d41/cm-12.0-YNG1TAS2I3-bacon-signed.zip which I also went to do but the file is over 500mb so must be the full version of the OS rather than just the incremental 21.6mb update I'm being offered.

Before I download and update using the full 500mb OS I'd appreciate it if someone can confirm whether or not installing the full OS as opposed to the incremental will wipe my phone. I don't think it will but I'd prefer to know before I do it!!

Hi guys sorry should have written a step by step of what worked for me;

1. Update TWRP to 2.8.6.1 (https://dl.twrp.me/bacon/) using Flashify from Google Play. 2.8.6.0 might work but I didn't try it with that particular zip file.

2. Reboot into recovery mode to enter TWRP

3. Wipe – Advanced Wipe. Mark Davlik Cache and cache. Then pull “Swipe to wipe”. DO NOT FACTORY RESET

4. Install the zip http://builds.cyngn.com/cyanogen-os/bacon/12.0-YNG1TAS2I3-bacon/30bd462d41/cm-12.0-YNG1TAS2I3-bacon-signed.zip

5. Wipe cache/Dalvik

6. Install SuperSU when prompted

After reboot my apps updated and all data was still there as I didn't have to do a full wipe. Screen response is MUCH better!

Tried to install just the update via TWRP and it failed several times.

Can't install the update via OTA or via TWRP :confused:

OTA rolls out in stages so it might take a few days before it becomes available for you.

Not sure about TWRP, it just worked for me. I just downloaded, rebooted into recovery, wiped cache, applied the update and rebooted.

Took 10 minutes total.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    OTA rolls out in stages so it might take a few days before it becomes available for you.

Not sure about TWRP, it just worked for me. I just downloaded, rebooted into recovery, wiped cache, applied the update and rebooted.

Took 10 minutes total.

Thanks AWEC, I'd prefer to just install the incremental update so I'll have a go at following your steps.

One question before I do, in developer options did you have "Update Cyanogen recovery" set to on or off before flashing the update? I understand that if I want to stick with TWRP as the recovery I should set "Update Cyanogen recovery" to off before installing the update but I'd appreciate some confirmation on this.

1. Update TWRP to 2.8.6.1 (https://dl.twrp.me/bacon/) using Flashify or TWRPS own app from Google Play. 2.8.6.0 might work but I didn't try it with that particular zip file.

This might be the problem I'm having. I'm on 2.8.6.0 and when I use the TWRP app to install a later version i.e. to the 2.8.6.1 version you installed it isn't giving that version as an option. The latest version listed is 2.8.6.0 which I'm already on.

BTW, the link you posted doesn't work but that just because of the ")" at the end of the link. Remove that and you get the TWRP download files including 2.8.6.1 which I'm going to manually download and install.

This might be the problem I'm having. I'm on 2.8.6.0 and when I use the TWRP app to install a later version i.e. to the 2.8.6.1 version you installed it isn't giving that version as an option. The latest version listed is 2.8.6.0 which I'm already on.

BTW, the link you posted doesn't work but that just because of the ")" at the end of the link. Remove that and you get the TWRP download files including 2.8.6.1 which I'm going to manually download and install.

I used Flashify to update TWRP and it went smoothly. Now that you say it I think I had the same problem using TWRPs own app before, but had forgotten.

That doesn't work either ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Just applied mine there, always a tense moment wiping cache.

Shes booting up now....

Wait and see :pac:

That doesn't work either ..

I know. I just used Falshify (great app BTW) to update TWRP to 2.8.6.1 and tried flashing the incremental update but it failed.

Rebooted and downloading the full 566MB OS and will try following Metalpanic's process.

Would love to know whether you guys have "Update Cyanogen recovery" set to on or off before flashing the update. I think if you leave if off you don't have to re-install Super SU but I'm not sure on that score. I'm on a slow "public" wi-fi at work downloading the full OS so I've 33 minutes to figure out the right setting before flashing.

• Advertisement

Will the full OS DL wipe Data in TWRP??

I know. I just used Falshify (great app BTW) to update TWRP to 2.8.6.1 and tried flashing the incremental update but it failed.

Rebooted and downloading the full 566MB OS and will try following Metalpanic's process.

Would love to know whether you guys have "Update Cyanogen recovery" set to on or off before flashing the update. I think if you leave if off you don't have to re-install Super SU but I'm not sure on that score. I'm on a slow "public" wi-fi at work downloading the full OS so I've 33 minutes to figure out the right setting before flashing.

I left it on and TWRP installed SuperSU again so it was fine.

Will the full OS DL wipe Data in TWRP??

Only if you ask it to, which you do NOT need to. Try the instructions I posted previously. You only wipe cache/dalvik.

I left it on and TWRP installed SuperSU again so it was fine.

Cheers, that's what I've always done in the past so I'll stick with that.

All done,

Seems Zippier, but that is always what happens have clearing cache.

I had no issues with my screen before so no change there really. Only Applying this because i sometimes got skips with me Jaybird BT headphones.

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    All done,

Seems Zippier, but that is always what happens have clearing cache.

I had no issues with my screen before so no change there really. Only Applying this because i sometimes got skips with me Jaybird BT headphones.

Do you use the Twitter app? I found scrolling on that a bit slow before this update. Now it is much smoother.

Do you use the Twitter app? I found scrolling on that a bit slow before this update. Now it is much smoother.

Once in a blue moon. So it would be hard for me to distinguish a difference.

listermint wrote: »
    Once in a blue moon. So it would be hard for me to distinguish a difference.

Yeah I get that. I said something similar in a previous post. I thought I was having no touch issues but now that I have the update I do notice an improvement. Particularly scrolling on Twitter and Chrome. The keyboard is more responsive also.

Did anyone just install the incremental or the full one?

incremental wont install, gonna just wait for the OTA

Did anyone just install the incremental or the full one?

Incremental.

1. Update TWRP to 2.8.6.1 (https://dl.twrp.me/bacon/) using Flashify from Google Play. 2.8.6.0 might work but I didn't try it with that particular zip file.

2. Reboot into recovery mode to enter TWRP

3. Wipe – Advanced Wipe. Mark Davlik Cache and cache. Then pull “Swipe to wipe”. DO NOT FACTORY RESET

4. Install the zip http://builds.cyngn.com/cyanogen-os/bacon/12.0-YNG1TAS2I3-bacon/30bd462d41/cm-12.0-YNG1TAS2I3-bacon-signed.zip

5. Wipe cache/Dalvik

6. Install SuperSU when prompted

After reboot my apps updated and all data was still there as I didn't have to do a full wipe. Screen response is MUCH better!

I was unable to install the incremental update either via OTA or via TWRP but these instructions worked perfectly for me. Thanks Metalpanic, appreciate the spoon feeding :o

Installed using CM recovery, does seem zippier alright, going to turn on ambient display and double tap to see if its made any difference

Installed using CM recovery, does seem zippier alright, going to turn on ambient display and double tap to see if its made any difference

Forgot about ambient display let me know how it goes. I've been using double tap all day. Working fine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Can you explain how to do it via CM recovery?
    And will i lose any files etc from the phone by doing so?

(i've downloaded both the full file and the patch (20MB)

• Advertisement
Advertisement